Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location & Nice Bar! We had fun there every day and they have a very helpful staff. (Power outlets in the rooms are needed. With a kitchen the hostel would be perfect!)

How to improve: Plugs into the rooms Wifi All over the structure

• 20th Feb 2015

Very friendly staff but don't expect much from this hostel. I booked a female room and ended up having more males than females in my room -- this was a bit uncomfortable for me. The location was great! If you are looking for a cheap stay in Amsterdam and don't mind roughing it for a few days then this hostel is a fair choice.

• 18th Feb 2015

Really cool vibe, nice people just enjoying the city of Amsterdam.

• 17th Feb 2015

This hostel is an amalgamation of people from all over the world! For my first trip, and any future trips this will be the hostel I use! What a fantastic place to stay!

• 16th Feb 2015
  • LoneTravelerIsh

I loved staying here! The staff was friendly and it was close to centraal station as well as a lot of things I wanted to see. The bathroom was well-cleaned and the big barrels they had for lockers were great. You have to sit in the bar area to charge your phone as there are no outlets in the room, but the friendly hostel cat Mickey will keep you company! For the low price, it was a good choice. But be careful of your belongings when in a big dorm room--so many people can get to your stuff.

Great hostel. Met lots of people, staff were very friendly, great location, great value, beds were very comfortable (maybe because I was always so burnt out by the time i made it to bed). The only improvement that could be made is to put in a kitchen for guests to use. Eating at restaurants in Amsterdam gets expensive after a couple days.

smoking weed and having breaky at the same time? No thanks! Also the matress was really bad, bad air circulation in the room. The bathroom was dirty. Never again I'm going back to that place.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Great location! Very close to city center and a short walk away from the red light district and central station. Would recommend if sleeping isn't super important during your stay in Amsterdam. The hostel bar is fun and had a good and young atmosphere. The only downside was that the rooms were kind of sketchy. Overall had a good stay!

• 13th Feb 2015

very relaxed athmosphere. would not recommend for older people as the rooms were loud at times and quite smoky. i would live there for a year if i could myself though.

• 27th Jan 2015

The location is the best. friendly staff. but limited charging space in the room, just only 1 for all 12 people! doesnt look safe, no key, but it is.

My stay there was great. It's in the heart of the red light district, the breakfast is good and at a fair price. They don't have free lockers, but you can rent one for only 2 euros. The Internet does not work in the rooms, but you can go downstairs and use it in the bar, if you want.

Good hostel. It's clean, cheap and the staff are nice. However it is run by a group of middle aged men so there's not much of a youth hostel vibe/atmosphere. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

The Youth Hostel Meetingpoint was a excellent place. In the heart of town. Everyone was really helpful and friendly. As for me I will let everyone know I had the best experience with the staff

• 7th Jan 2015

Good atmosphere and staff but the location is what makes worth it.

The hostel is in the centrum, bathroom was clean and the security was good. The only thing I did not like has been the bed because they have not changed the pillow and the blanket, only the sheet. Staff was kind and helpfull.

Awesome location!!! Stayed here for New Years, which was well worth it... Had a great sleep in the beds also !! Would stay again:)

Passei 2 noites. Apesar de 18 pessoas, achei bem tranquilo o clima. Cama confortável. Café da manhã barato e bom!! Ótima localização, clima do hostel legal, playlist massa e sinuca no pub. Pena que não é aberto ao público. Voltaria com certeza.

No wifi in the rooms. the rooms keep opened the all day long and if you want safety for your bags you have to rent the locker (2€). WC is fine and very well located!

I'm sorry for now recalling your/his name but the Staff at the Hostel from Italy with dreads that greeted us was amazingly nice to us the whole trip, and looked out for us when we were uncertain about the situation we were in at the hostel. Apart from that I would only state that the hostel staff are very tight with each other so it can be very daunting participating or trying to get to know the staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4