Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice people and atmosphere inside the hostel. Staff people are really nice as well.

• 26th Sep 2014

Good location but you shouldnt choose this hostel realy dirty realy bad bed and very noise

Slept in the 18 bed room, which is practically a hallway with a door and 9 bunk beds. Shower rooms are clean, the common area is a bar, but very calm and laid back. Breakfast is a couple euro but not bad. I really enjoyed my stay here, chill atmosphere and all the staff are very kind.

Wasn't the nicest and most pristine hostel, but it was good for what I needed and I really liked the vibe. Staff was nice and helpful, I liked having a bar as a common area--it's the only way met new people. It was right in the heart I Amsterdam but really close to the train station. There's also a laundry facility really close by. Next time I would probably prefer to stay further from the city center. But that's just me.

Excellent locaion. No kitchen available. It has a pub just for guests and a smoking room.

Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent location, very close to train station, supermarket and red light district. Main issue was that there were no plug sockets in our room, although plenty in the bar area. Also, we were on the very top floor, up several flights of stairs, not an issue for us but would be if you had heavier bags!!

Generally good. The cheapest place to stay in Amsterdam and not only. Great location, a few minutes walk and you have everything around. Very nice bar and good people. Rooms are a bit stinky due to poor ventilations. Staff very friendly and helpful. Many thanks.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Georgia

The girls bathroom in our floor (third) was in very bad conditions, especially the showers and had no space to let the toilet bag.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

This hostel was in a good location and the staff were friendly and helpful, however, the beds were uncomfortable and there are no keys for the rooms so anyone from the hostel can come in if they wish. The bathrooms were not very nice as there were no sanitary bins for the ladies and the showers appeared unclean. The bar area was nice to sit in and have a drink and charge your phone/camera as there are no powerpoints in the room.

Great cheap hostel for young travellers. Simple but clean mixed dormitories with 8 or 18 beds, but the atmosphere is so friendly that you feel like at home! For me Meetingpoint has the best location: in the red lights district, 5 min walking to the Central station, 3 min to Dam square. For security reason guests get a ticket which they are to show every time they enter the hostel. Locker for 2 euro for all stay + 10 euro deposit. Bar and smoking room on the 1st floor. Great friendly staff!

Abit spectical after reading previous reviews but I personally though this was an excellent place to stay. You pay for what you get basically. Everything was clean. The decoration and furniture perhaps abit dated. No locks on the doors but no one can enter the hostel without your pass. Lockers provided. We stayed for 4 nights and our linen didn't get changed but that didn't bother us. Wifi in communal areas worked well. Cheap breakfast. Perfect location. Would recommend if your no frills like me

The atmosphere was awesome.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

This place is not clean and don't expect to get a room key. The location is great, but they just give you piece of paper to allow you to enter, which they don't check. You don't get a key your room so every has access to your bag unless you pay extra for a cheap locker. The other bummer was no power plugs in our room at all. You had to go sit in the bar charge anything, which smelt very musty.

We had a really great time at this hostel. The staff was very very kind and available. We enjoyed the bar in the hostel too.

• 26th Aug 2014

great hostel one of amsterdams best great staff clean rooms and great location

they don't change bed sheet...

The beds are not noisy,I had a good sleep there.All the staff was nice and helpful for anything .Its located in the nicer part of Amsterdam .Good value for the money.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Perfect location! I thought that the 18bed dorm was supposed to be very messy and cramp. I was wrong cause it was clean and lots of space in the room.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Really good location and facilities: near the red light district, Anne Frank's house and other tourist areas, male and female bathrooms on each floor, lockers in the rooms and a smoking room. Not the cleanest hostel in the world but all staff members were very helpful and the bar area is good for meeting people.

Stayed in a 20 bed dorm - clean and bed was comfortable. No lock on dorm doors, I actually quite like this as it means people aren't searching for keys all the time and fumbling with the lock. Lockers are available to put your stuff in. There were no plug sockets in the room though which was annoying. You have to charge your phone downstairs in the bar which can be crowded with everyone doing the same thing. Decent hostel for a short stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7