Youth Hostel Meetingpoint

Fabulous 5895 Total Reviews
Fabulous 5895 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 25-30
18th Sep 2017

Pretty solid place. Right on the edge of the red light and close to central station. Made setting up easy so you get stuck into Amsterdam faster. Good travellers and good staff.

• lesyazaz123
  • USA, Female, 25-30
17th Sep 2017

Everything about the hostel was great.

14th Sep 2017
7.4

A little uncomfortable but not too bad. We wouldn't have chosen to be in the red light district if we would have paid more attention ahead of time to the location. The major selling point here is the proximity to centraal station when we had an early flight and were coming by train the previous day.

• England, Female, 25-30
13th Sep 2017

We had a great time here, the hostel is so well located! Very close to train station and red light district. The staff were mostly really friendly and the beds were comfy. The bar area has a relaxed atmosphere and drinks are cheap. Only downside was we were hoping for somewhere to cook meals and there are no kitchen facilities.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Sep 2017
6.3

Location was good, the lack of kitchen was really really annoying as everything around was overpriced for tourists under the influence of marijuana, so eating for little money wasn't really possible. The staff also told us conflicting information, with one member telling us we were able to use the microwave to heat soup, and then we went and bought soup and another member not letting us use the microwave. So we didn't eat that night.

• danieljv94
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Sep 2017
8.0

Girls bathroom was dirty, men's was good. The "lockers" are barrels, which are very loud if someone comes one while you're sleeping. Can't complain too much since we booked a 16 bed room, but it was still annoying. The bar area is great, cheap beer and friendly staff. Overall I'd recommend this hostel, mostly for the location. Right in the middle of the action and close to the train station

11th Sep 2017
5.7

Pros: location, lower price, friendly staff, cheaper drinks at the bar. Cons: the only common area is a bar, which smells like cigarette smoke really badly. No lift and 4 floors, faculties are sub par. The beds are too short. I kept hitting my head (I'm 175cm). I question the cleanliness of this hostel. I don't think they wash the blankets. We were given no cover for the blanket.

• ernstnicole
  • Argentina, Female, 18-24
30th Aug 2017
7.4

Well located, cool bar with good atmosphere and friendly staff. Unfortunately my wallet was stolen while I was sleeping by someone who was in the same room as me and the thief spent € 3.000 with my credit cards. I know that's not the hostel's fault but that was part of my stay and that is what this review is for. The staff lended me their phone to call my credit card companies but they did nothing towards the thief.

• USA, Male, 25-30
29th Aug 2017

Place is right in the center of the action, couldn't have a better location. staff is nice

• England, Male, 18-24
28th Aug 2017
6.9

Very basic accommodation and slightly work out environment, but very well located and with helpful and friendly staff. We also felt safe and secure during our stay.

×