Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good hostel. It's clean, cheap and the staff are nice. However it is run by a group of middle aged men so there's not much of a youth hostel vibe/atmosphere. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

The Youth Hostel Meetingpoint was a excellent place. In the heart of town. Everyone was really helpful and friendly. As for me I will let everyone know I had the best experience with the staff

• 7th Jan 2015

Good atmosphere and staff but the location is what makes worth it.

The hostel is in the centrum, bathroom was clean and the security was good. The only thing I did not like has been the bed because they have not changed the pillow and the blanket, only the sheet. Staff was kind and helpfull.

Awesome location!!! Stayed here for New Years, which was well worth it... Had a great sleep in the beds also !! Would stay again:)

Passei 2 noites. Apesar de 18 pessoas, achei bem tranquilo o clima. Cama confortável. Café da manhã barato e bom!! Ótima localização, clima do hostel legal, playlist massa e sinuca no pub. Pena que não é aberto ao público. Voltaria com certeza.

No wifi in the rooms. the rooms keep opened the all day long and if you want safety for your bags you have to rent the locker (2€). WC is fine and very well located!

I'm sorry for now recalling your/his name but the Staff at the Hostel from Italy with dreads that greeted us was amazingly nice to us the whole trip, and looked out for us when we were uncertain about the situation we were in at the hostel. Apart from that I would only state that the hostel staff are very tight with each other so it can be very daunting participating or trying to get to know the staff.

You're not actually given a room key, there's a sheet of paper that gets you into the bar and from there, any room that you want to. There was a cat wandering around. Holes in one of the blankets. Just generally felt very dirty and poorly maintained. We didn't stay for our full booking, just found somewhere else to go in the city. Only perk is its location and the smoking room. Other than that it's pretty sketchy and gross. Maybe it's for some people, just not me.

In a great location and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast is a great plus to this hostel too. In general its a bit run down and the toilets smelt a bit, and NO PLUGS IN THE ROOMS! There are some in the bar which is a nice place to chill.

There are not enough sockets in the room and two toilets for two rooms are also not enough. Otherwise the location near the train station is really good. For a weekend stay is good.

Location was really the only good thing about the hostel, the staff were pretty rude at times, there was mould in the bathrooms and the showers weren't even hot. No one there ever talked to each other, so it was average at best

IT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO STAY FOR A SHORT TRIP. JUST IN FRONT OF CENTRELE STATION. 3 MINS OF CASUAL WALK. THE TOILETS WERE NT CLEAN. BIT NOISY BY NIGHT.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • India

Welcoming and helpful staff. It was a pleasant stay, but I had bedbugs in my bed

• 20th Nov 2014

Our room was at the 3rd floor upon a stair that was just uncomfortable. but the worst thing, absolutely, was that smell in our room, that didn't disappear after the only other guest, except the 4 of us, left. it means that smell was proper of the room. Another unpleasant thing was that you find the sheets on your bed, and you have to put it on (and that's normal) but not the pillowcase. It left a lot of doubts about the real condition of the pillow underneath that pillowcase.

music is good

This is the best hostel I have stayed in in a long time. The location is fantastic and very central. It has a really good bar with very reasonable prices (a huge plus for an Irish person). The breakfast is lovely and only 2.50. The staff really made it a great experience though and were so friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend and will be staying there again.

• 14th Nov 2014

Good location but dirty, bathroom VERY DIRTY, bar too expensive, smoking atmosphere, no power outlet in the bedroom...

Really convenient location for a quick trip to Amsterdam, really nice staff. Don't expect the most modern facilities, but it totally worth the price for an expensive city like Amsterdam.

Nice place, well allocated near central station with a very friendly staff. If you are looking for a young hostel with people from different countries to share travel adventures this is your place. Breakfast for 2,5€ it is good to start the day. The only but I can say, it is the internet connection without a good coverage and bandwidth.

• 6th Nov 2014