Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I had a great stay here. Good staff, perfect location. I'll be staying here next time I'm in Amsterdam.

Security: Anyone can enter in any room, all the room doesn't have key. Location: Very good, 2 streets behind Red Light. The worst thing is that there's lots of streetsellers. Staff: The girl in the reception is so helpful but the old man with redhead is not nice. Anyway is better he keeps playing his candy crush. Facilities: Wifi only in the bar, which isnt great. There is no socket in the room, you have to go to the bar. Locker costs 2eur. I'll never get back there.

I had a great stay, the hostil is in the perfect location and walk distance from everywhere!!! Being next to the metro station is a plus! Full bar and the bathrooms were kept very neat and clean!! The rooms don't havd locks so that's an issue, I stayed in a 8 bed room with 5 other friends so not a big problem if traveling in a group! My last night there I had 3 Germans steal from me! Once I found out the owner came in and solved the problem and left me leaving happy. Young men were arrested!

• 6th Mar 2015

No kitchen which was a little annoying because we stayed for 6 nights, and only one plug in the entire room. But otherwise the location is great, the staff is really nice.

Beds were very comfortable. Security sucks, anyone could come in from anywhere and into any room. Atmosphere was okay. No outlets or wifi in the rooms. Breakfast not free. Good for just sleeping in a good location. Not enough bathrooms.

Strange place, I really didn't like it. No place to have your suitcase with you in the room, mine was two floors downstairs in an iron barrel. The smell of marihuana was omnipresent, I didn't like the space for all so I tried to escape out of the hostel for all the time.

Great place! The front desk workers/bartender were friendly and helped in any way they could. The location is unbeatable, literally a one minute walk to the center of the Red Light District, and no more than 15-20 minutes to any other touristy attraction. We didn't use a cab or train once! The bar is nice with outlets available and reasonably priced drinks. There's a smoking room in the back, yet you can smoke in the bar area past 1 am. Overall, a perfect place for a young group traveling to AMS

• 26th Feb 2015

The hostel bar is a great place to hang out before going out and the hostel itself is right in the center of everything. It's a quick walk to attractions, such as the Anne Frank house, which is great. However, the wifi doesn't work in the rooms, there are no plugs anywhere, except the bar, and the quality is just okay. Hostels need to have good wifi and plugs for travelers-it's just necessary. The lack made things extremely difficult for our group.

Decent, but nothing special. Too many people in our room meant that there was always someone making noise and it was hard to get a good night's sleep. Also, the "lockers" are huge metal barrels that make a racket every time you opened them, so you wake other people up and other people wake you up anytime one of the lockers is opened. The wifi didn't work in the rooms, only in the bar. Stay here if you want a cheap bed in a good location.

Great location & Nice Bar! We had fun there every day and they have a very helpful staff. (Power outlets in the rooms are needed. With a kitchen the hostel would be perfect!)

How to improve: Plugs into the rooms Wifi All over the structure

• 20th Feb 2015

Very friendly staff but don't expect much from this hostel. I booked a female room and ended up having more males than females in my room -- this was a bit uncomfortable for me. The location was great! If you are looking for a cheap stay in Amsterdam and don't mind roughing it for a few days then this hostel is a fair choice.

• 18th Feb 2015

Really cool vibe, nice people just enjoying the city of Amsterdam.

• 17th Feb 2015

This hostel is an amalgamation of people from all over the world! For my first trip, and any future trips this will be the hostel I use! What a fantastic place to stay!

• 16th Feb 2015
  • LoneTravelerIsh

I loved staying here! The staff was friendly and it was close to centraal station as well as a lot of things I wanted to see. The bathroom was well-cleaned and the big barrels they had for lockers were great. You have to sit in the bar area to charge your phone as there are no outlets in the room, but the friendly hostel cat Mickey will keep you company! For the low price, it was a good choice. But be careful of your belongings when in a big dorm room--so many people can get to your stuff.

Great hostel. Met lots of people, staff were very friendly, great location, great value, beds were very comfortable (maybe because I was always so burnt out by the time i made it to bed). The only improvement that could be made is to put in a kitchen for guests to use. Eating at restaurants in Amsterdam gets expensive after a couple days.

smoking weed and having breaky at the same time? No thanks! Also the matress was really bad, bad air circulation in the room. The bathroom was dirty. Never again I'm going back to that place.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Great location! Very close to city center and a short walk away from the red light district and central station. Would recommend if sleeping isn't super important during your stay in Amsterdam. The hostel bar is fun and had a good and young atmosphere. The only downside was that the rooms were kind of sketchy. Overall had a good stay!

• 13th Feb 2015

This hostel had no key cards so once you're a guest you can go into anyones room on any floor. The bathrooms were not kept clean and the beds seemed worn out. Additionally my roommate woke up with bug bites!!!!

even though its good location, it is not good to stay for long.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4