Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I thought as a hostel it will be that bad but to my surprise I had a good time there. The staff was so friendly and the environment in general.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Zimbabwe

Considering I'm quite a no-frills traveller, I was quite satisfied with my stay as a whole. Great hostel atmosphere with the bar and graffiti interior. The location is the biggest draw, and the toilets were really clean too which is a big plus. My only gripe was the smell in the room but hey I suppose that's something you have to deal with in an 18-bed room.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Excellent location!! Easy to find from the train station and smack bang in the middle of the Red Light District. There are large oil barrels, with a padlock, you can put your suitcase(s) in, they are €2 with a €10 deposit. The bedding is clean but the rooms are in need of updating. If you're planning on being out and about a lot then this is perfect but if not, it's not massively comfortable. Bring flip flops for the shower! There are no plug sockets in the rooms but plenty in the bar.

• 7th Apr 2014

The hotel is located at a very nice area. Very close to Central Station. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The only problem I faced was with the locker. The locker provided to me was very filthy and it contained used stuffs from other users. They should check the lockers regularly before assigning it to somebody. The locker was cleaned by a staff after I complained. Also, you get a good and cheap breakfast there.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • India

Cat on premise! I am highly allergic to cats and was not aware of this. The cat is only in the lobby bar, but there are no power sockets in the room and wifi only works in the bar, so there was no avoiding the cat. You have to walk by the bar to get to all rooms. No, the doors don't lock, but to get in the hostel, security is very tight, so I didn't mind that. There is also no elevator in the building and the stairs are very steep, worth mentioning I think, if people have problems with stairs.

It was good to stay there, I haven't anything special to say about it

It's great hostel on fantastic locations. Lockers in rooms are a little weird (metal barrel with lock). Cleanliness is on good level. Big minus is that you they don't have electric sockets in rooms (only on staircase and bar).

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

Me and my friend really enjoyed our stay at Hostel Meetingpoint. We didn't fully know what to expect upon arrival, however we were truly surprised at how clean the place was and how fun the place turned out to be. We were lucky enough to meet some really cool people, from all over the world and to add to that, the staff were extremely welcoming. The smoking room was an added bonus! (my friend managed to walk into the pain of glass which stands to the left of the door.... wake n bake ;)

this was a good hostel just what we were expecting in a very good location

The hostel is nicely located, near to Amsterdan Centraal Station. Very good value for the money. The pub on the reception is cheap and there are always someone hanging around willing to chat. The rooms are large and well kept. They just need to put some hangs near the showers to make peoples life easier.

• 10th Mar 2014

Decent hostel, room smelled weird and was not the cleanest, but everything necessary was there. Bathrooms were clean. Location was perfect, close to everything.

Great location, great people, great prices at the bar !

• 25th Feb 2014

No kitchen! Apart from that it was excellent

no hairdryers!!

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Austria

Enjoysable stay! Really good location right in the heart where all the fun is!

• 16th Feb 2014

The Youth Hostel Meeting point is a very nice place to stay when you're a student or simply with friends. People were really nice and friendly. The only down side I think was the price of drinks at the bar of the hostel. But in a whole, I would recommend it

• 14th Feb 2014

just minutes from train station, had a great time at the meeting point, lovely view from smoking room window, that is rare in Amsterdam.. great craic all around,,,

perfect location and nice stuff, but there were no keys for the rooms (practically u could go to any of them!!) and of course u had to pay for the lockers!! also i found it kind of dirty, or at least not clean enough for the money we gave them...

No power outlets in the room

Staff is nice but Without internet in the rooms, smells bad and a lot of stairs to go up.

« first « Prev 1 2 3