Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff is nice but Without internet in the rooms, smells bad and a lot of stairs to go up.

The Staff, Atmosphere and Location was excellent. Bad points are the cleanliness and the poor Wifi signal.

• 28th Jan 2014

Really great location and lovely staff. There weren't a lot of showers and toilets for the floor, and there were a lot of stairs if you have a big bag, but apart from that very good. The atmosphere in the bar was good, and handy as it is just downstairs.

Very cheap for the location, helpful staff The common parts could be a bit bigger and more clean (especially the bathroom) Otherwise, excellent stay

• 17th Jan 2014

The hostel stay in a really good place in Amsterdam, close to everything. You can leave and come back whenever you want, the reception works 24 hours and the bar inside as well. But the bedrooms are not much clean and not safe at all. Despite having a smoke-room after a while people start to smoke inside the bar.

Great place to stay for a few cheap boozy nights

• 3rd Jan 2014

No lockers (you will have to pay for that) and so many strange people. But the hostel is clean and well located.

Really nice Hostel !! it has a lot of facilities, very clean and the staff is very good. The only thing i would like is a kitchen. But the rest is great

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Uruguay

The rooms are basic but has everything you need I.e bed, linen and lockers. The bathrooms on some floors have been refurbished to a really high standard but some if the others are in need of changing. The bar downstairs has a great atmosphere and the people are really friendly. This hostel is in an excellent location too! Overall it's a great place.

I didn't like the bar on the entrance, because every time I had to go to my place I had to pass through there. In addition, there is no breakfast included on the price we pay. The internet doesn't work in the dormitories. The lockers are terrible (not practical at all).

• 22nd Dec 2013

There are better hostels in Amsterdam than this. I booked the 8 bed dorm n had to change dorms at night as it was smelly and unclean. There are no locks on the door so anyone can enter the room. You will have to pay to use the lockers. Wifi is so slow and not stable. No kitchen and you will have to pay for their meagre breakfast. There I a common room which is also the bar, n the smoke room is next to it, thus the whole room is always smelling of weed. There are no plug points in the dorm.

The breakfest is only after 8.30 and you can enter sometimes without identification in the hotel. There is no keys on the rooms, everybody can access every room.

If you are a lone female backpacker, do not stay here! This has nothing to do with the staff, but I just did not feel safe with the types of people that were staying there while I was there. Perhaps I stayed during an unusual night, but I just did not feel comfortable with the people I was sharing the room with. Location is walking distance from the train station, but I got harassed out in the streets, some guy on a bike even followed me until I ran back inside. Staff was nice, though.

Can I just say that I love this Hostel ! Great location, stones through from RLD and 7mins from dam square. I can say that the staff were beyond helpful and really made my experience. The staff had no problem helping me pick another room to stay in when I was lonely in my quiet one. Always helpful and willing to help :) The rooms were clean and basic and the lockers are cheap just €2 for the whole stay. They had a well stocked bar with a affordable menu. Love you guys :) - Aaliyah, London x

• 9th Dec 2013

The facilities are OK and it is clean, one cannot complain for its price. You have to pay for everything in the hostel. The pint is 4 euros, and there is a smoking room - to smoke anything. The breakfast is cheap and worthy - 2.5 euros. The problem with this hostel is the cold staff.

Great location very close to central station, red light district and tram terminal. Staff are very friendly and the bar is cheap for its location. Only downsides are the lack of kitchen and only two toilets/showers per floor. Would definitely come here again though!

Great hostel all round,b back soon

• 6th Dec 2013

Very good overall, a couplw problems

• 30th Nov 2013

Located a stones throw away from the station and the centre, it was just minutes walk from anywhere we needed to be. In an ideal location. The hostel was a welcoming and cozy place to stay, very relaxed and love that breakfast is "maybe" served later that noon brilliant. The staff were always so friendly and had a smile upon their whatever time of the night we strolled through the door. Thankyou Hostel Meetingpoint I will be back for the 3rd time soon !

• 25th Nov 2013

Cheap place to stay in the heart of city but did not like the fact of no guest kitchen. Overall was clean and warm