Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff really made us feel welcome and were so friendly, immediately put us at ease. Nice roommates. Felt very comfortable as a large group of girls.

No kitchen, no elevators, paid lockers, no power sockets and Wi Fi in the rooms (just in bar area) and no key rooms (free access to all rooms)

Very nice location, only a few minutes way from central station. All the stuff I met were really friendly. But there is no plugs in the room, have to go to the 1st floor.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • China

Excellent location. Walking distance to central station and red light district. Beds are average hostel bunkbeds. Breakfast is optional, cheap, but not very satisfying. The one thing missing is a kitchen (there is one just for the staff). They could rent bycicles as well. Overall, 4.3 out of 5.

Friendly place, was a nice stay. No evelavator makes for a tough climb to the fourth floor after a long day and night experiencing the Dutch culture but that's not so bad. I would stay again.

• 26th Jun 2015

Breakfast cost 2.30 and its 50 cent for towel I believe but not bad. Staff was great. There's only wifi in the bar area but it ended up being nice because you meet more people. My only negative is they don't let you bring beer into their bar area. You have to drink their alcohol, which you have to pay for. Other than that great place to stay.

We only stayed one night here and had a nice time, comfortable beds and friendly staff. However there were no free lockers and the price was more than we had agreed once we actually got to the hostel. Very good, central location and I would recommend staying here. Many other like minded young travellers.

Given the high prices of accommodation in Amsterdam city I think the hostel is fairly pricedpriced however there could be a lot that could be done in terms of keeping the rooms fresh and clean. Also the lack of WiFi and charging point was a hassle because we were on the fourth floor .

Had a good stay at Youth Hostel Meetingpoint to kick of our inter railing. Great location close to all major attractions and right beside the red light district. Lack of plugs was very 18th century and shoild be rectified but there were very cool vibes to feel at the bar area. Not a lot of interaction occurring however (except in the smoking room)

I had an awesome time staying here. Perfect place for travelers who are looking to have fun, meet people and crash in a warm bed for the night. The location is great around 5 minutes from Centraal. The staff was friendly. The bar is a good place to hangout in between your planned city activities and they have cheap beer! The rooms and bathrooms were clean. When I go back I'll stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Puerto Rico

I stayed just for 1 night, in a 16 people room, and there was NOT even ONE power socket. I had to leave my phone charging a few hours with the staff at the bar, it's unacceptable in a hostel. The location is good. The bed was ok.

You pay for what you get, simple dorms, a bit of a party place which was fun! I enjoyed my stay here, if you're on a budget I would recommend :)

In the red light. dirty, smelly, wifi only in the bar, for 18 bed dorms only one outlet in the room. Not worth the price.

The rooms were without locks. There were lockers in the room but we're not free. There was gravity all over in the rooms and bathrooms.

Cracking location right in the heart of the red lighthouse district! Rooms really good and clean only downer would be the male staff are a bit moody at times.

This was an amazing hostel. Really great atmosphere , amazing staff, cheap food.

• 15th Jun 2015

I loved it here! The staff was very welcoming and helpful. Although I felt as though that the fourth floor bathrooms did not get as much attention as all the others. Our bathroom was very dirty most of the time. Other than that I seriously loved everything about Meeting Point. The location was great, and the downstairs bar added a nice touch as well as the smoking room. ;)

Nice hostel, friendly staff, very good location near Central Station. Hostel has a smoking room and bar. I like this place. :)

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Awesome location No wifi or outlets in rooms Awesome staff Would stay again

Great little hostel. Cleanliness is what you would expect for the price, and it smells a little smokey, but the location, friendly staff and cheap hotel bar more than make up for it.