Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great Location, sadly no free lockers. Nice staff. The Smoking room is great, but the Bongs are a bit ugly

Security nearly overly tight, dispite having an entire room to ourselves guests were not allowed, not even for a few minutes. Location was perfect, short walk to red light district, central station, all the attractions. 24 hour bar had a great athmosphere, however there is no kitchen and the bathrooms were quite dirty. Can't really complain, the location was perfect.

We slept in a dorm for 18 persons. But that wasn´t a problem and it was really quiet during the night. So if you don´t have any problems being together in one rrom with some other people, it´s acceptable. There is just improvement for the facilities, cause there are just two showers and toilets for 40 people (men and women have separate facilities).

I can't recommend this hostel enough I stayed at the meeting point 3 times this year and I will be staying there again on future trips if ur just looking for a bed and somewhere to chill and relax then u must try out the meeting point great place to stay

Location, fab! Security is good, you have to show your room pass to get buzzed in. Staff were nice, didn't really have much need for them other than check-in. Bar atmosphere was great. I stayed in 18 bed dorm which was fine for 2 nights but would probably go for the 8 bed dorm next time just so there is less comings and goings. Bathrooms, were fine and kept clean,. My only bugbear is that there are no plug sockets in the dorms, you have charge phones/cameras at reception which isn't ideal.

Needs a place to sit and relax with comfortable seats and somewhere to eat and drink things you bought elsewhere.

We were 3 girls traveling together to discover Amsterdam. With a tight budget we still wanted to be as central as possible. This hostel gave us that and so much more!!! The community room is comfy and at some times we didn't even wanted to leave, even though Amsterdam was calling us. Staff is super friendly and would go the extra mile for you. This has definitely been one of our favorite hostels! We would love to go there again. Also, the beds were super comfy and the bathrooms clean!

• 1st Nov 2013

The hostel had a quite good reputation, and I must say that we did not have any issue whatsoever. The staff was friendly, the rooms were cleaned, the bar was nice and cozy...I must say that I would definitely get back...consider that for my girlfriend it was the first stay ever in a hostel and she found it quite pleasant. I would surely recommend it.

• 29th Oct 2013

This is the second time that I have stayed at meeting point and I have no complaints to give. The hostel is located perfectly in Amsterdam central so easy to find and get to. So near to the the train station, coffee shops, restaurants and for late night attractions. Staff are polite and welcoming. I stayed in the 18 mix bed dorm. You pay for what you get. The dorms may not look 5* but its comfortable and safe. Bathroom is reasonable clean. I would come and stay here again.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Spain

Great staff! The hostel can improve in cleanliness and stop charging 2 euros for renting the lockers inside the room.

Was in Amsterdam with a mate for a Fleetwood Mac gig on Saturday night. Stayed Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Easypoint was perfect for our needs. Right in the thick of it (obviously not perfect for some travellers) with a bar and a smoking room. Staff were mainly very helpful and friendly. Not the fanciest hostel ever but if you're looking for somewhere cheap, easy going and with easy access to the centre of Amsterdam then this place is perfect!

The hostel was nice, but it didn't had plugs on the rooms, only in the bar. Also there didn't have a kitchen or fridges.

There is no plug in the room. There is no locker for free as the hostel announced. They let people to smock at night in the common spaces.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Spain

Great location !

I love this place for the hilarious & accomodating staff, the smoking room, and the location. The duvet on my bed had suspicious stains, but I was always too tired by the time I climbed 4 floors to do anything about it. The bathroom on the 4th floor looked scary, mostly because of poor ventilation, bad lighting, and moldy ceiling in the showers, but I know it was regularly cleaned. Bring flip-flops, a compact mirror and have a smoke, a coffee and a good chat.

1 2 3 Next » last »