Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The only thing that disappointed me about this hostel were my roommates. They were very ignorant every night, so I advise to spend the extra money and go with the 8 bed. During our stay they spent a lot of time cleaning so that was really nice. They offered a really great breakfast for only 2 euro 50 cent, beds were fairly comfortable.

I thought the hostel was great anything we needed the staff was more than happy to accommodate. I didn't enjoy the fact that people could come in the bar to smoke their weed but you roll with the punches.

The location is just insane since it is very near to everything.The owner is really nice and all the staff are very friendly. i really had an awesome stay there and it was very easy to make friends.

Great location right next to red light district and train station. Good atmosphere with bar and smoking room downstairs. A bit barebones in the rooms and Semi-noisy due to its location but you'll be fine with ear plugs. Not dirty, we had to charge our phones downstairs in bar area due to limited outlets, but it's fine because you meet others who are doing the same thing.

I loved this hostel. There were a few down sides. Like there were no paper towels in the bathroom, and the wifi wasn't strong enough to handle all of the people there. But everything else was great. I wish i could have stayed longer.

I had a terrible stay. The rooms were above a bar that you had to pass through to access your room, also the only common area. Quite difficult for a solo female to socialise. The rooms were awful although I did have a nice view. The mattresses were plastic and I would wake up in an uncomfortable sweat. The squeaks of the plastic mattress were also frustrating. Next, there were no keys to the rooms so essentially anyone can help themselves in. I hated that idea. Way too overpriced. Never again.

• 17th May 2015

Unless you are on a very low budget where every euro counts, don't choose it. No breakfast, Wi-Fi extremely poor on the 3rd floor. Beds are clean but very small (~70 cm). No lockers for free (2€), no electricity at the beds, and even just 1 in the whole room (16-bed-dorm). No bedlights in the dorm. The shower / toilets are okay but I wouldn't consider them as 'clean'. I am used to hostels, still.

Actually value for money, but they should change the room decoration and the bed. Looks quite old.

Showers and beds are quite old. Even though I don´t mind their using old metal container (or whatever you migh call it) as lockers, they made lots of noise, which certainly woke people in the dorm up if anyone went out, came back late and wanted to take stuff out from the lockers. No lock on the dorm´s door. No sockets in the room. No wifi in the room either.

Good hostel if you want somewhere cheap to crash for the night. Staff were awesome and location is perfect. Beds are meh. No keys for dorm rooms but they have lockers you can rent for 2€. Bad part was the common area: only place for you to charge things/ use wifi but the music is blaring even at 10 am and the air is dry and smokey from the smoking room attached. Breakfast is good for 2.50€ (egg/cheese/toast/coffee) & drinks are cheap. Hostel cat was a pretty cool dude.

No kitchen, and the wifi was only able to be used downstairs. Very limited places to charge phones etc, everyone had go downstairs to charge things.

Dont have plug in on the room!

you need to improve wireless connection and add another computer. One isn't enough more even wifi isn't good.

Was not very impressed with this hostel. Their security to get into the hostel was flashing a green piece of paper to whomever was at reception. No lockers in the dorms, and the washrooms were disgusting. Only saving grace for this hostel was the staff, who were extremely helpful and nice.

If you just need a bed in a Good location,stay here. definition of a hostel! Showers were atrocious but it is a hostel not expecting the ritz but still. One of the staff was extremely rude and is the reason Im putting v.poor for staff! Asked him several times for advice, he just ignored me and fobbed me off. I was asking a really simple request unnecessarily rude, meanwhile he served other people! This was at like 8am. indian fellow. other staff lovely honestly! Pillows are massive!!

Well I liked v much this hostel for the location, is in the heart of the city centre and also the stuff was v nice and friendly, especially Abigail, she was creating all the atmosphere there, I already miss her haha.

Cheapest hostel we could find in Amsterdam. Perfect location to bars, red light, reefa, mushies and train station. No problems staying here.

Very dark place, in the room with 8 beds there was no sockets, the shower has no place to put clothes

We loved this hostel, it is in the most amazing location for anyone looking to explore Amsterdam. The staff were really helpful and constantly helped us plan how to get from each place with maps. Everything is within walking distance of this hostel which is always helpful for backpackers. The atmosphere in the bar was great which maybe was because the wifi is only accessible in that area (the only downside). The showers were good and the most private you will find in a hostel. Thanks!