Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Pros: The staff were really nice and helpful, good location, clean and lockers available. Cons: No plugs in the rooms meaning you had to charge everything downstairs in the bar which became a hassle at times. The bar was sociable during the day but at night times you could only have their drinks which are quite expensive which put us off.

Wifi and charging ports only in the lounge. Kinda inconvenient. GREAT location with good cleanliness. Staffs are friendly and passionate about their job. Love this place.

Great location, just very dirty. The showers were awful, you had to push a button every five seconds to keep the water on

There is a guy with red hair (staff) completely impolite that received me on the first day. Totally disorganized in relation to the bed's division...I arrived there, did the check in and there was no clean bed available. Internet good, but no plugs inside the bedrooms, only at reception. Sometimes it is impossible recharge your cellphone Toilets clean and with a good space. Location: loud noises and bad smell... NO LOCKERS, but barrels. Weird and difficult to use

Great staff, perfect location. No wifi in the rooms and only one power point. Those two things unfortunately negate everything else that was good. Wouldn't stay here again.

Meeting point was easy to find from the train station. We checked in straight away. The rooms are a bit rustic and had no power sockets which was strange and we had to pay euro for a locker. The downstairs was a great place to meet as everyone had to be down there for power sockets and a bar with cheapish drinks. It was right next to the coffee shops and red light district which made for a fun trip.

Unbeatable location, comfort beds, clean enought. Also, staff is extremly helpful, especialy Ferry ! Good WI-FI connection. All in all good value for money in Amsterdam.

I stayed here for 2 nights. First when we stepped in our dorm room. It was a little smelly so we opened the window and that helped. Bed was comfy. Shower rooms were great! Staffs were friendly.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Thailand

I had an amazing stay and even extended my time at Meetingpoint because you really can't beat the location and the price. Only downside is you can't charge your phone or use wifi in the room, only in the bar area. The staff are helpful and friendly, very laidback and fun atmosphere, close to everything. It's not 5 star accommodations but that's not what you're paying for. I would stay here again.

No wifi or sockets in the rooms. Had to pay €2 for a locker for the duration of my stay. There was blood on my bedsheets upon arrival.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Great hostel if you are looking to enjoy Amsterdam's nightlife! Unfortunately doesn't have a kitchen for guests to use and eating out can become expensive! Bar was very lively and open all night with very reasonable prices. Staff were a good laugh and willing to help out in any way they could!

Great location of hostel staff couldn't be friendlier. Low security rating as you have no lock to the room only paper slip to show staff. However no entry without them buzzing you in so not too bad. Great value for money you can see the station from the smoking room!

Greal location and they provide smoking room !

Very nice to go with a group of friends

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

You don't need a key to get into the room just the hostel, therefore once you get past the door you can get into any room you want which makes the security of the hostel very low. There is only wifi and power outlets in the bar/lounge area so when you go to that area everyone is sitting on their phones or laptops getting wifi and charging devices which makes the atmosphere very poor as well. The hostel wasn't very clean and the staff were alright. Location is great!!!

A place to sleep after a night out in Amsterdam - that's about all I can say about this hostel. It has a bar and a smoking room if you want to stay in. Not the cleanest, not the nicest, not the best, but it was sufficient.

I was supposed to go to Amsterdam on friday night but i missed the flight and i couldn't finally go. I bought a flight for the next day and when I arrived to the hostel they had given the room to another costumer because I didn't say i wasn't coming the night before. So I didnd't have a place to stay!!!!! and I had to pay for the two nights without even staying there!!!!!! So disappointing!

• 29th May 2015
  • Spain

The staff were fairly useless here. I asked questions about some sights and such and the lady had no idea about anything. The beds are gross and it looks like welfare housing. Not much of an atmosphere. No kitchen which is a bit of a bummer as Amsterdam is so expensive but I knew that before hand so no surprise there. Not a horrible place to be stuck but I would definitely recommend going elsewhere.

I spent a good time there, i recommend this hostel, is cheap and has a amazing location.

The main thing hostel meeting point has going for it is its good location. Aside from that the atmosphere is quite lacking, the place seems dingy, and the staff aren't very friendly. You have to pay to rent your locker and anyone can enter your bedroom. However, the cost is quite reasonable for such a good location.