Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location, the hostel is the second and third floor of a bar. Good bar to hang out and have a drink. Its a little expensive but its ok for amsterdam

No locks on the doors to the rooms, but lockers were available for rent. There weren't too many staff members, so they easily recognized who was staying and who wasn't (to buzz you in the front door). The floors were a bit dirty, and there was a lot of dust on our beds when we got there. There weren't too many females staying on the same floor as me, so the 2 toilets and 2 showers were fine. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and overall we had a good time!

The hostel had a great position and was exactly what I expected for the value. The lockers were a little uncomfortably placed. Besides that everything was OK.

• 21st May 2014
  • Macedonia

I probably would have preferred being more outside the central district, cause even the cheap food wasnt cheap around there. Nothing to brag about in terms of staff, dorms or facilities. You have to charge your stuff downstairs, so people in the common area only use it for electronics. No socializing.

The middle-aged staff who ran the hostel seemed very disengaged, uninterested and uncaring towards residents. Couldn't drink your own beer in the lounge, I was asked to drink it in my room if it wasn't a beer bought at their bar. Wasn't able to store my drinks in the fridge, so it was either warm beer or their beer. Smoking room was nice and had a good view. Beds were also decent and there were lockers. No hot water on some days in the showers, which seems a little strange in Central Amsterdam..

Excellent hostel very friendly

• 18th May 2014

Nearby to almost everywhere. Staffs were really nice and helpful. the view from window were great. The minus is wifi not covering the bedroom. Only in reception area. Also electrical socket is not available in the room, only on reception. But i guess i will stay here again if i come back. Good price and location.

• 17th May 2014
  • Indonesia

-Bad wifi

Wi-fi access in the rooms is poor, nor were there plugs in the room for charging; you need to go to the common lounge to use either facility. It could get hot in the hostel, because there's no internal ventilation. Opening the windows could solve the problem, but mosquitoes get in and bite you at night.

No power in the rooms which is a huge problem, you have charge your phones etc at the bar, you can give them things charge night which they put a tag on and it and put them in a stag room which is on but not ideal, the WIFI pretty much does not work at all and really needs to be fixed as most backpackers are dependant on WIFI at hostels, not the cleanest hostel ive stayed at but price is not to bad and location is great

The hostel was very good besides three things: there are no slots at the rooms, no internet at the rooms and you have to pay for lockers (there is no keys for the rooms aswell).

Located near everything. Atmosphere is very laid back and quiet. Best beds ever!

Got clothes stolen. Have to pay for lockers. No locks on the doors to the room! Was not allowed to bring own water or drinks into the hostel because it also operates as a bar. No air conditioning. A dumb.

I just slept and left, so I didn't really check out everything the hostel had to offer. The bed was very comfortable though.

• 13th May 2014

The location of this hostel is AMAZING. A one minute walk to the Red Light District, 5 minutes to Centraal Station and tons of coffee shops and bars on the same street - it sure thrusts you into the energetic party vibe that is Amsterdam. Although the rooms looked a little dingy, the beds were very comfortable and contrary to previous comments, I found the room to be very quiet. The barrel style lockers were okay but it slammed down on my hand giving it a huge bruise and a scar. I will be back!

Really great location, you step outside and there is a coffee shop 3 doors up and heaps more on the street alone, the red light district is the next block up and central station is the block behind so as you can imagine, very central part of Amsterdam. The female staff member was great, she helped us get bikes and some tips and places to go. Wasn't a bother at all having to charge or use wifi down in the bar, gave opportunity to meet others!

i really liked this hostel, really great location, great staff and atmosphere. just one bad thing is the stairs, I stayed on the 4th floor and just have stair to get there, but I know that in Amsterdam all houses are like that (i learned on free walking tour, that i thought awesome because the guide pick up on the hotel every day at 10h40, dont lost it) just the wifi conection was poor.. but I would totally go back!

The only problem there was a smoking smell.. Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay. The staffs were really nice and the room was spacious compared to other hostels I stayed. And it was also a good point that the bed didn't make any noise. They were willing to help me when I asked them to keep my luggage even after I checked out. Thank you!

great place, really cool bar downstairs but the dorms aren't great, there are no plugs in the rooms so to charge mobiles and stuff you have to hang around the bar with the plugs there. In the rooms they have large steel barrels as lockers, which look really cool but they close with a lock and chain so they make shitloads of noise at night. all in all a pleasant experience right in the heart of amsterdam, but if you want a more comfy hostel experience perhaps this is not the place for you

• 10th May 2014

The hostel is really well located and the toilets were always clean. However, the 18-people room was located in the last floor in the building and no lifts to get to the top. WiFi didn't work in the rooms, only in the bar and sometimes neither there. Besides, the room stinks foot odor and my mattress, urine. You have to pay for the lockers, but we didn't have problems leaving our stuff near our beds. The staff was nice, but one guy with long hair and glasses was quite rude and awkward with us.

• 9th May 2014