Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel exceeded our expectations. It was great, and the people very very nice. The rooms were clean every day. The street was noisy but the windows had good sound insulation. We had free wifi and lockers were available for only 2€. There was a separate smoking room with a nice view. The breakfast service was perfect and at a very affordable price. We also loved the white cat :)

• 27th May 2015
  • Portugal

good deal if you want to be right in the city center with a medium comfort, close to everything for a cheap price. Location is perfect. There are no plugs into the dormitories!!! 8 beds dormitories are cute, 21 beds dormitories are too big and too noisy. The staff is cool but there is one guy who works in the evening and during the night who is anti social and anti pathetic. Its better not to talk with him as he will disgust you! Bathroom are Ok, cleaned but not really appealing.

• 27th May 2015

Reeks of weed, not clean. Great location, but very unimpressed and unclean.

The music in the bar is always on, blaring loud and is annoying. No option as the power sockets are in the bar area and hence are forced to sit long hours to recharge electronic devices.

• 25th May 2015
  • India

Me and my friends had a very nice stay in Amsterdam. The Stuff is friendly and they clean. The breakfast is super for only 2,50.

This is the second time I have stayed in this hostel in the past year. Staff have been wonderful on both occasions - they gave a friendly welcome and were more than happy to give tips about the local area. I travelled with 3 other girls and we felt completely safe in the hostel. You can hire an enormous locker for 3 euros with 10 euro deposit for your key. In general, hostel is clean. Would definitely recommend for travellers who aren't too fussy.

• 25th May 2015

The only thing that disappointed me about this hostel were my roommates. They were very ignorant every night, so I advise to spend the extra money and go with the 8 bed. During our stay they spent a lot of time cleaning so that was really nice. They offered a really great breakfast for only 2 euro 50 cent, beds were fairly comfortable.

I thought the hostel was great anything we needed the staff was more than happy to accommodate. I didn't enjoy the fact that people could come in the bar to smoke their weed but you roll with the punches.

The location is just insane since it is very near to everything.The owner is really nice and all the staff are very friendly. i really had an awesome stay there and it was very easy to make friends.

Great location right next to red light district and train station. Good atmosphere with bar and smoking room downstairs. A bit barebones in the rooms and Semi-noisy due to its location but you'll be fine with ear plugs. Not dirty, we had to charge our phones downstairs in bar area due to limited outlets, but it's fine because you meet others who are doing the same thing.

I loved this hostel. There were a few down sides. Like there were no paper towels in the bathroom, and the wifi wasn't strong enough to handle all of the people there. But everything else was great. I wish i could have stayed longer.

I had a terrible stay. The rooms were above a bar that you had to pass through to access your room, also the only common area. Quite difficult for a solo female to socialise. The rooms were awful although I did have a nice view. The mattresses were plastic and I would wake up in an uncomfortable sweat. The squeaks of the plastic mattress were also frustrating. Next, there were no keys to the rooms so essentially anyone can help themselves in. I hated that idea. Way too overpriced. Never again.

• 17th May 2015

Unless you are on a very low budget where every euro counts, don't choose it. No breakfast, Wi-Fi extremely poor on the 3rd floor. Beds are clean but very small (~70 cm). No lockers for free (2€), no electricity at the beds, and even just 1 in the whole room (16-bed-dorm). No bedlights in the dorm. The shower / toilets are okay but I wouldn't consider them as 'clean'. I am used to hostels, still.

Actually value for money, but they should change the room decoration and the bed. Looks quite old.

Showers and beds are quite old. Even though I don´t mind their using old metal container (or whatever you migh call it) as lockers, they made lots of noise, which certainly woke people in the dorm up if anyone went out, came back late and wanted to take stuff out from the lockers. No lock on the dorm´s door. No sockets in the room. No wifi in the room either.

Good hostel if you want somewhere cheap to crash for the night. Staff were awesome and location is perfect. Beds are meh. No keys for dorm rooms but they have lockers you can rent for 2€. Bad part was the common area: only place for you to charge things/ use wifi but the music is blaring even at 10 am and the air is dry and smokey from the smoking room attached. Breakfast is good for 2.50€ (egg/cheese/toast/coffee) & drinks are cheap. Hostel cat was a pretty cool dude.

No kitchen, and the wifi was only able to be used downstairs. Very limited places to charge phones etc, everyone had go downstairs to charge things.

Dont have plug in on the room!

you need to improve wireless connection and add another computer. One isn't enough more even wifi isn't good.