Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

First the plugs are far short of demand in the room. Second the cleaner made a mistake that he thought I had checked out so he tidied my bed, changed the sheet and threw away something he considered as garbage. As a result I lost a towel. But the receptionist refused and claimed that the cleaner didn't organize my bed. Towel is nothing but their attitude matters.

Very nice atmosphere and highly recommondable. The Bar in the groundlevel fits perfectly to Amsterdam, the dorms are ok. Great location, close to Amsterdam Centraal Station inside the redlight district.

The location is wonderful - it's a five minute walk from central station, so you can get anywhere pretty quickly. The staff is very friendly..and they have good taste in music, which was really nice when hanging out in the bar/common area. I felt very safe and comfortable at this hostel, and would recommend it to anyone wishing to have a great stay in Amsterdam!

• 13th Apr 2014

I would have liked more if the whole property would have been very cleaner.expecially bathrooms.and also to have the possibility to recharge laptops and mobile phones in the room without having to wait in the hall for long time.staff really nice. and location excellent!

• 12th Apr 2014

I thought as a hostel it will be that bad but to my surprise I had a good time there. The staff was so friendly and the environment in general.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Zimbabwe

Considering I'm quite a no-frills traveller, I was quite satisfied with my stay as a whole. Great hostel atmosphere with the bar and graffiti interior. The location is the biggest draw, and the toilets were really clean too which is a big plus. My only gripe was the smell in the room but hey I suppose that's something you have to deal with in an 18-bed room.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Excellent location!! Easy to find from the train station and smack bang in the middle of the Red Light District. There are large oil barrels, with a padlock, you can put your suitcase(s) in, they are €2 with a €10 deposit. The bedding is clean but the rooms are in need of updating. If you're planning on being out and about a lot then this is perfect but if not, it's not massively comfortable. Bring flip flops for the shower! There are no plug sockets in the rooms but plenty in the bar.

• 7th Apr 2014

I had a great stay here for 5 nights - super location (only a few mins from the train station) and in the heart of the city. The bathroom and room was cleaned every day and I especially liked the bar/common area which was always full of people to chat to. I think this hostel is good value for money and if you want to be right in the tourist part of Amsterdam then this is a great choice - there are loads of bars etc on the street outside. I would definitely stay here again.

The hotel is located at a very nice area. Very close to Central Station. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The only problem I faced was with the locker. The locker provided to me was very filthy and it contained used stuffs from other users. They should check the lockers regularly before assigning it to somebody. The locker was cleaned by a staff after I complained. Also, you get a good and cheap breakfast there.

Cat on premise! I am highly allergic to cats and was not aware of this. The cat is only in the lobby bar, but there are no power sockets in the room and wifi only works in the bar, so there was no avoiding the cat. You have to walk by the bar to get to all rooms. No, the doors don't lock, but to get in the hostel, security is very tight, so I didn't mind that. There is also no elevator in the building and the stairs are very steep, worth mentioning I think, if people have problems with stairs.

Pros: Great proximity to the red light district and very close to Central Station. Cons: The hostel cat has some kind of growth on its head. Also, the room had only one outlet to charge phones for all of the people in it. My bed happened to be right by it, but people across the room would have been uncomfortable leaving their phones at it.

It was good to stay there, I haven't anything special to say about it

It's great hostel on fantastic locations. Lockers in rooms are a little weird (metal barrel with lock). Cleanliness is on good level. Big minus is that you they don't have electric sockets in rooms (only on staircase and bar).

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

Me and my friend really enjoyed our stay at Hostel Meetingpoint. We didn't fully know what to expect upon arrival, however we were truly surprised at how clean the place was and how fun the place turned out to be. We were lucky enough to meet some really cool people, from all over the world and to add to that, the staff were extremely welcoming. The smoking room was an added bonus! (my friend managed to walk into the pain of glass which stands to the left of the door.... wake n bake ;)

this was a good hostel just what we were expecting in a very good location

The hostel is nicely located, near to Amsterdan Centraal Station. Very good value for the money. The pub on the reception is cheap and there are always someone hanging around willing to chat. The rooms are large and well kept. They just need to put some hangs near the showers to make peoples life easier.

• 10th Mar 2014

Decent hostel, room smelled weird and was not the cleanest, but everything necessary was there. Bathrooms were clean. Location was perfect, close to everything.

Great location, great people, great prices at the bar !

• 25th Feb 2014