Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Reviews

Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location of this hostel is AMAZING. A one minute walk to the Red Light District, 5 minutes to Centraal Station and tons of coffee shops and bars on the same street - it sure thrusts you into the energetic party vibe that is Amsterdam. Although the rooms looked a little dingy, the beds were very comfortable and contrary to previous comments, I found the room to be very quiet. The barrel style lockers were okay but it slammed down on my hand giving it a huge bruise and a scar. I will be back!

Really great location, you step outside and there is a coffee shop 3 doors up and heaps more on the street alone, the red light district is the next block up and central station is the block behind so as you can imagine, very central part of Amsterdam. The female staff member was great, she helped us get bikes and some tips and places to go. Wasn't a bother at all having to charge or use wifi down in the bar, gave opportunity to meet others!

i really liked this hostel, really great location, great staff and atmosphere. just one bad thing is the stairs, I stayed on the 4th floor and just have stair to get there, but I know that in Amsterdam all houses are like that (i learned on free walking tour, that i thought awesome because the guide pick up on the hotel every day at 10h40, dont lost it) just the wifi conection was poor.. but I would totally go back!

The only problem there was a smoking smell.. Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay. The staffs were really nice and the room was spacious compared to other hostels I stayed. And it was also a good point that the bed didn't make any noise. They were willing to help me when I asked them to keep my luggage even after I checked out. Thank you!

great place, really cool bar downstairs but the dorms aren't great, there are no plugs in the rooms so to charge mobiles and stuff you have to hang around the bar with the plugs there. In the rooms they have large steel barrels as lockers, which look really cool but they close with a lock and chain so they make shitloads of noise at night. all in all a pleasant experience right in the heart of amsterdam, but if you want a more comfy hostel experience perhaps this is not the place for you

• 10th May 2014

The hostel is really well located and the toilets were always clean. However, the 18-people room was located in the last floor in the building and no lifts to get to the top. WiFi didn't work in the rooms, only in the bar and sometimes neither there. Besides, the room stinks foot odor and my mattress, urine. You have to pay for the lockers, but we didn't have problems leaving our stuff near our beds. The staff was nice, but one guy with long hair and glasses was quite rude and awkward with us.

• 9th May 2014

Nonstop bar, smoking room for everyone, nice staff

• 7th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great location, clean facilities, friendly staff. The lockers were huge oil bins that were very noisy when opened. No wifi except for in the bar area.

The location is good, near Amsterdam Central. There is no plug to charge our gadget in the room. No Kitchen and elevator

It was a standard hostel. Nothing special, but I really enjoyed the staff! I really wish there would have been a kitchen that was open to the guests.

Good sleeping facilities and bathroom. WiFi is slow and only worked in the bar area, not up on the third floor.

Moja opinia jest pozytywna. Jednak mam kilka zastrzeżeń. Brakowało gniazdek w pokoju. W łazience nie było za czysto... Za to obsługa była bardzo miła, atmosfera wyśmienita, a lokalizacja świetna.

Good hostel. The only problem is that they don't have a common kitchen.

No communal kitchen or fridge to store your own food. Location is perfect but the security was awful. Suddenly there was a drunken man waking up everyone and turn on the room light in the middle of the night for nonsense reason. Some of the staff are really friendly, some are just so so. Internet not really good on the top floor. There are lots of other hostel nearby which you can pick.

The receptionist was great. The rest of the help were not of much use at all.

It would be nice to have a fridge for guests where you can store something

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »