Youth Hostel Oia Reviews

Awesome place to stay!! Great location and well facilitated with lots of showers, gorgeous balconies and a sun deck. It was very atmospheric. Since we went in low season there weren't a lot of people around but there seemed to be good common areas and a bar where it would be easy to meet fellow travellers

Great location!! Nice place to chill. Really bad showers no presure and didn't stay one tempiture. Also wifi doesn't always work but other than that had no problems and it was a nice hostel

Amazing location! Couldn't ask for much better. The rooms were nice and large, and it had a good outdoor area as well. The wifi was pretty bad, took about 2 days to connect and wasn't great after that. Recommend purely because of location!

Location is great and place is beautiful but nothing works. You can not lock the room at all. The shower did not work well, bathroom was dirty. Very poor lighting in the room. The matress was so used that it had a hollow in the middle. Wifi did not work at all for anyone, personnel get mad when I just asked about it. I's a shame that so nice looking place is so bad.

Location is great for views.. The security was by far the worst. Anyone can enter the hostel before 10pm and rooms did not have a lock. Furthermore, the lockers in the lobby do not "catch" smaller locks therefore can be opened. The staff failed to mention this and I went to my locker to find all my belongings gone! Reception had it and explained to me the aforementioned sentenced. They should have explained this in the beginning. No AC, poor WiFi and bathroom smelled like pee.

The staff wasn't mean per say but they weren't super happy about hosting you either. Seems like they've been doing this routine for a long time. The sense of community was missing in my opinion because of the staff. Security was poor because our doors didn't lock and we couldn't keep them closed at night because it was sweltering anyways. Two people had their stuff removed from the lockers even though from what I saw they used personal locks that closed properly. What's up with that?

• 12th Sep 2014

This place is wonderful! One of the prettiest hostels I've ever stayed in and it's worth every penny. Would recommend to anyone!

Bathrooms need renovation and cleaning! Water wasn't quite hot in a showers. Breakfast very poor (orange juice, coffee and bread). Hostel is locked until 8 am- i arrived early so i had to sleep outside by the door.

Shower in room had no hot water but was clean, common showers were gross and flooded. Other than that the rooms were really clean. Perfect location right in Oia (but Fira has the better night life). One thing I didn't like was that the side entrance was open all day with no lock and that the rooms didn't have locks. Anyone could have walked into the hostel and then into your room whenever they wanted. Didn't have any problems with that but you never know. Better security would have been nice.

Free Breakfast and a rooftot with a breathtaking view

Great location, rooms are big. However quite stuffy. The first room I stayed in had a fan so it was ok at night. The second room had no fan and was uncomfortable. Breakfast is missable. Friendly staff, cheap drinks at the bar. Overall very reasonably priced for Santorini.

I loved my stay at Apia youth hostel! It was such a friendly environment and even though there was not much to see around the area it was central to all local buses! The bar was awesome and the staff were so nice! (Even when they probably wanted to tell us to be quiet)! I would definitely go back here! The people really made it awesome! - Georgia

• 2nd Sep 2014

The behaviour of the staff here I have never seen in my whole life of travelling. The receptionist behaved in a manner that not only showed no respect to me and other guests, but to the hostel itself as he yelled and swore IN FRONT OF EVERYONE because of a small complaint about the wi-fi disconnecting I made to his g.f ( who also works there, and somehow took offense ). In addition there is no air-con, poor Wi-Fi, no hostel towel, no fridge and a dirty uni-sex bathroom. Very, very poor

• 31st Aug 2014

Fortunately we have only a very few guests who don't accept our hostel rules and who are not respectful towards our staff. It's a very cowardly attitude paying revenge by writing an offensive and false review! We are truly hospitable but we do do not longer accept guests who have no idea of good behaviour. And, by the way: We have a fridge for our guest, we do not mention that we have AC (as we are a Eco-friendly Hostel) and we have towels for rent! (But alcohol distorts the reality...)

Everything perfect. Better than the photos. I recommend. Location perfect. The internet doenst work good, but it happen everywhere in the island.

Looks great and all, ok beds and bathrooms, but staff seemed rather uninterested in making the stay enjoyable. They gave absolute nescesary info and let the rest to be handled on our own. Other guests agreed. They offered seemingly "good discount deals" on ATV's, witch turned to not be good at all.. Go to Fira by localbus to rent and do it on your own instead. Ended up leaving sooner than planned, Oia can be seen in one day. May have stayed longer though, if i felt more welcomed.

This place is over priced! There is no aircon, bathrooms are dirty and the wifi rarely works. You have to pay if you want to store your bags there. The staff are rude and only want your money. It's a great location and has a good common area to meet other travelers but it's not worth it for the price

We feel sorry that you think 20,--/night incl. free breakfast is overpriced in Santorinis most beautiful but also most expensive village. We don't charge for luggge storage but for using our showers and hostel facilities after 12:00 a.m. ! More and more guests mess not just our bathrooms but every single clean space they can find. This is just one of many reasons why we have decided to close the hostel end of this season. Good luck to find a budget place in Oia worth for the price in 2015!

I Had a great time !!! And meet really nice people at the hostel ...thank you very much

I'd a nice stay in this hotel. A beautiful terrace on the rooftop and a cute patio. A friendly atmosphere. The staff was welcoming. Great location : easy to reach the buses for Fira,... and to go to all parts of Oia.

Much love to Jaime and Lydia! Great hostel no complaints

Great location close to the bus stop. Rooftop patio is great, freshwater showers is a plus. The rooms are very hot at night and the washrooms could use a restoration. Staff could be friendlier and don't seem to communicate well with each other.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4