Youth Hostel Oia Reviews

Staff were rude and unfriendly. They were very unhelpful with giving out information and assisting us with our concerns. The shower / toilet facilities were disgusting with shower drains blocked with hair. The worst hostel I have stayed yet.

• 15th Jul 2014

Unfortunately we are powerless against people who think that they have to take revenge by writing unfair and insulting reviews. However, the average of all the other ratings will give a true representation of the reality and will prove that this one was just written in order to offend our hard working hostel staff!

Great location and lovely friendly staff. Recommend the boat trip that they sell tickets for. Only thing was we booked a 12 bed female dorm and got a 20 bed mixed dorm and had to pay the same rate.

We have explained to you that we had to acommodate you in the mixed room for the 1st night because you have changed your booking 2 times in a row and the hostel was fully booked. Also we have informed you that ALL our dorms have the same rate - so why you are complaining about it now in the internet???

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The building is beautiful, giving you the feel of a Greek hillside villa without the cost! The bar does happy hour every night during the sunset, with €1.80 wine! I was so pleased with the stay I wish I could have stayed longer. The wifi is a bit shoddy but hey- get off Facebook and go live life!

• 8th Jul 2014

スタッフの方、景色、どれも最高でした!

the location is great , near the bus stop 5mins walking . and not.in the center of oia however is in the 5mins walking distance. the staff is helpful and very nice. however the room dont have any locker and the room cannot lock at all which means anybody can access the room and take your belonging. the toilet is not clean, smelly and seems quite dirty. no staff to clear the toilet regularly. but overall thats worth for a short stay and worth of money.

We are located exaclty 2 minutes walk from the bus station and the center of Oia. Only our hostel guests have access to the rooms and except that we have a 8camera 24 hours video security system we also provide free safeboxes for valuables. Our toilets and bathrooms are cleaned 2 - 3 times daily which means more often than in any hotel!

This hostel is in a perfect location! Right in Oia but not in the high-traffic tourist area. It's a pretty place with a great spot to watch the sunset. Nice atmosphere and easy to meet people if you're travelling solo. The staff are so-so but easily accommodated me when I wanted to stay two extra nights. The wifi is touch and go but does work in the rooms - when it works. Good free breakfast. I would stay here again.

I can't even begin to describe how much we loved Youth Hostel. We traveled for 3 weeks, stayed in hostels and hotels and this was by far our favourite place! Location was incredible, it was the most organized place we've been, owners were super informative and helpful, very clean-we always saw someone around the hostel cleaning, met some incredible people here, very chill atmosphere, great spot to watch the sunset, bar was great and cheap! Discount on many things, close to bus station etc. LOVE!

Such a beautiful design - terraces, fountain, open courtyard - all made for one of the most enjoyable hostel experiences. Clean, good rules to make us feel secure and a generally happy vibe among the guests and the staff. Would recommend to everyone and would stay again. A huge thank you to the warmest and most lovely staff :)

• 28th Jun 2014

Great location and price for Santorini; perfect base for exploring Oia and the small town below. Very friendly and helpful staff; had good suggestions for my time frame and helped to very quickly organize things like an automatic car for the day! Definitely recommend!

The hostel is very good situated, with a seawiev from the top. It is very close to everything in Oia but still has a quiet and fun atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We recommend this place !

My three friends and I had a great time in Oia Hostel. We meet some nice people and the staff were very gentle and funny. We got no problems there, everything was fine. Thank you!

• 17th Jun 2014

We moved here after a few days in persissa and found it so much better. The staff were gorgeous and gave us great advice about the island (and a free sangria!). The atmosphere is really chilled and he balcony is a great place to watch the sunset, drink a cocktail and network with ther friends. The only problem we had was that the door to our room didn't lock, so we could but our valuables in a locker but we couldn't lock up our luggage. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough though!

Great place, environment

good location!!! I like their breakfast:) But there is no ladder to climb on the upper bed, and wifi isn't available in the room. And it was noisy at night because others came back late and kept talking even they spoke quieter than normal...

A nice hostel that is located really close to the bus stop. The hostel has a very relaxing and welcoming feel. It's very tempting to just spend the day lying in the hammock next to the lovely water fountain. They have a nice canteen/bar up top that has a variety for food, drinks, and games. The staff is also very helpful and they have this large book that tells you about things to do and see. The hostel itself is clean and the blankets are super soft. I'd stay there again next time I am in Oia.

Best place to stay while in Oia! The view was great especially at sunset! Must stay there.

No locks on dorm room doors or lockers in the rooms, but some you could use (possibly have to pay for) in the lobby. Wifi was ok but in and out and couldn't be accessed from the dorm room. Breakfast was just bread, jam and a slice of cake. Very close to the bus stop and lots of useful information for things to do and places to go

We have a 24-hours Video Security System and meanwhile also our Main Entrance is electronically locked. Also we offer FREE laptopsized lockers with integrated power plugs! Our FREE breakfast consists of coffee or tea, orange juice, bread, butter 2 flavours of marmelade, cheese spread and cake. We have a 24-hours Video Security System.

This place thrives on the chill atmosphere the outdoor common area and rooftop bar create. Beds are fine. Multiple outlets in the rooms. Location is prime. Wifi is average (doesn't work in rooms). No lockers. Beautiful layout with a flower in courtyard. Overall this place is dope for the price you are getting in santorini. Take advantage of the deals on boat rides and atvs this place offers. Your not gonna find a better price!

Good value for the money. Highly recommend staying here if you want to be in Oia.

Bathroom was kinda gross, but to be expected on an island. I was a bit nervous about the security because anyone can enter the hostel and there are no locks on the doors. Wifi doesn't work in the rooms. Ocean view to die for. Great location right by the bus station.