Youth Hostel Oia Reviews

Free Breakfast and a rooftot with a breathtaking view

Great location, rooms are big. However quite stuffy. The first room I stayed in had a fan so it was ok at night. The second room had no fan and was uncomfortable. Breakfast is missable. Friendly staff, cheap drinks at the bar. Overall very reasonably priced for Santorini.

I loved my stay at Apia youth hostel! It was such a friendly environment and even though there was not much to see around the area it was central to all local buses! The bar was awesome and the staff were so nice! (Even when they probably wanted to tell us to be quiet)! I would definitely go back here! The people really made it awesome! - Georgia

• 2nd Sep 2014

The behaviour of the staff here I have never seen in my whole life of travelling. The receptionist behaved in a manner that not only showed no respect to me and other guests, but to the hostel itself as he yelled and swore IN FRONT OF EVERYONE because of a small complaint about the wi-fi disconnecting I made to his g.f ( who also works there, and somehow took offense ). In addition there is no air-con, poor Wi-Fi, no hostel towel, no fridge and a dirty uni-sex bathroom. Very, very poor

• 31st Aug 2014

Fortunately we have only a very few guests who don't accept our hostel rules and who are not respectful towards our staff. It's a very cowardly attitude paying revenge by writing an offensive and false review! We are truly hospitable but we do do not longer accept guests who have no idea of good behaviour. And, by the way: We have a fridge for our guest, we do not mention that we have AC (as we are a Eco-friendly Hostel) and we have towels for rent! (But alcohol distorts the reality...)

Everything perfect. Better than the photos. I recommend. Location perfect. The internet doenst work good, but it happen everywhere in the island.

Looks great and all, ok beds and bathrooms, but staff seemed rather uninterested in making the stay enjoyable. They gave absolute nescesary info and let the rest to be handled on our own. Other guests agreed. They offered seemingly "good discount deals" on ATV's, witch turned to not be good at all.. Go to Fira by localbus to rent and do it on your own instead. Ended up leaving sooner than planned, Oia can be seen in one day. May have stayed longer though, if i felt more welcomed.

This place is over priced! There is no aircon, bathrooms are dirty and the wifi rarely works. You have to pay if you want to store your bags there. The staff are rude and only want your money. It's a great location and has a good common area to meet other travelers but it's not worth it for the price

We feel sorry that you think 20,--/night incl. free breakfast is overpriced in Santorinis most beautiful but also most expensive village. We don't charge for luggge storage but for using our showers and hostel facilities after 12:00 a.m. ! More and more guests mess not just our bathrooms but every single clean space they can find. This is just one of many reasons why we have decided to close the hostel end of this season. Good luck to find a budget place in Oia worth for the price in 2015!

I'd a nice stay in this hotel. A beautiful terrace on the rooftop and a cute patio. A friendly atmosphere. The staff was welcoming. Great location : easy to reach the buses for Fira,... and to go to all parts of Oia.

Much love to Jaime and Lydia! Great hostel no complaints

Great location close to the bus stop. Rooftop patio is great, freshwater showers is a plus. The rooms are very hot at night and the washrooms could use a restoration. Staff could be friendlier and don't seem to communicate well with each other.

Great location and I loved the rooftop patio/sun deck to hangout on at night. Staff was good except the main 'boss'... He was quite obnoxious especially with 'reserved for the boss' sign on a table for him. He even at one point turned off the wifi because we're 'on vacation' and shouldn't be on our phones. Although people have things to book on their trip and need internet. Wifi was terrible even when it was on though. Rooms were good just hot.

The location is great and the hostel is really nice! Regarding the security, anybody can get into the hostel as the main door and the dormitory's door are not locked. It's an expensive hostel but really worth it for its location.

The place was well located near the center of oia. We were 20 in The dorm although we had a reservation for a 12bed dorm.

Unsurpassable views, great staff, friendly atmosphere, lots of communal space to relax. Awesome bar and food (including free breakfast), lots of info about activities on the island, nice central location in Oia, dorms large and airy, bathrooms clean. Excellent public transport available within a short walking distance. Overall an really exceptional hostel - only suggestion is Room 5 could use a fan :)

Really nice hostel, cute, clean and cozy. Nice staff. The rooms were big, but they didn't have a fan..it was kind of hard to sleep after the sun rise because of the heat! Great location in Oia. However, Oia isn't the best place to stay if you want to party (all clubs are in Phira and the buses stop at 12pm). If you are looking for the best view, though, great place to stay!

In summer it is really bad to choose this hostel. NO AIR-CONDITIONING! No matter in 4-people room or 14-people room is the same hot. I saw many guest sleep outside. I can't sleep at night. What's more. The hostel charge me full price even though I paid part of it from Hostelworld. Before I leaving, I remind myself that I have paid before, and I have to go back to the Hostel and ask for that part of refund. And they didn't give back all, and said 2 Euro is deposit, we don't pay for that...too bad

• 10th Aug 2014
  • China

Why do you spread lies in the internet regarding payment? We gave you a bill which indicated clearly the deposit (to HW) and the rest payment which you had to pay to the hostel. We have tried to explain you the bill several times but apparently for you the Chinese Mathematic works different than the European one. Please inform yourself instead of blaming innocent people in such a bad way!

Very great hostel to stay, loved it and it so worth for money!!!!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

Excellent common spaces to meet people and hang out. Amazing view, especially at sunset. Free breakfast. Cheap beer. The staff are friendly and have any info you want about Oia and Santorini. Awesome hostel.

I stayed for 6 nights at the hostel and absolutely loved it! My friend and I were treated so wonderfully by the staff, and it truly started to feel like home. The staff, Lydia and Jamie, were so hospitable and funny. Great suggestions for activities each day. The free breakfast is yummy and they have a fun rooftop bar. I wish I never had to leave. I would reccomend this hostel to anyone, as it has been the highlight of my Europe trip!

My friend and I had the best time here! We met some great people, including Jamie and Lydia who work there. They gave us great advice on where to go each day and really made the hostel feel like home for the week. I can not tell you how much fun it was staying here, relaxing on the beach during the day and drinking with new friends at night while the sun set on the caldera. The only downside is the showers and lack of air conditioning, but it's a small price to pay. Would absolutely return!

« first « Prev 1 2 3