Youth Hostel Piero Rotta Reviews

Viale Salmoiraghi, 1, Milan, Italy

Good value for money in this hostel. You don't pay much but shouldn't expect too much. The hostel looks like the typical youth hostel and is located in a suburb with good metro and tram connections (during the night). The breakfast is ok and the staff is friendly. However, the facilities can be improved. There is no kitchen and we had no power socket in our room. Besides that the wifi doesn't work always and there is no air conditioning in the rooms. Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay here!

It's not surprised it only has about 60%approved. The public facilities are not very clean and good. Room is very hot in summer with one fan only. The whole environment looks quite old. But it's quite cheap in Milan, so it's good enough for the money. And the other good thing is it is very good for expo. Quite near, and you'll meet expo volunteer who can give you advise.

We have spent one night in this hostel. Everything was ok, except noise... At 12 pm girls were singing, talking loudly in the corridor. We could not sleep until 1-2 am... It was too noisy... We did not rest..

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

This hostel was what I expected from a big place like this: noisy, non-friendly and definitely not cosy. It was clean enough, and free breakfast was a definite plus, but otherwise I have nothing positive to say. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, creaking whenever you turn or move. There was no kitchen, so I'd never stay there for more than one night. Also, there were people screaming and making noise in the hallway all night - so not too much sleep for us. Staff was polite but distant.

When I arrive, I wait almost an hour to check- in. The woman who was attending the check-in desk appeared to take her time with other passengers. She appeared to be unorganised in her methods.

A nice, cheap hostel, nothing above average. It's very price worthy. Me and my friends shared a room with a few other girls and they were all very friendly. I loved the fact that you could keep your bag locked up for free. The bathroom facilities were clean and fresh. The breakfast was OK. A minus - no air condition.

When I stayed, it was in the middle of the EXPO MILANO, so the receptionist took care Italian guests preferentially. When I asked him the information, he could answer, but his attitude was extremely rude. The WI=FI was also weak. I was lucky to stay there just for one night.

All facility is good and well. Thanks. Kashif Iqbal

Was happy to stay here

Everything you need but no atmosphere despite there being lots of people. Free breakfast was good, luggage storage easily accessible and secure, shower facilities good but needs air con!!!!

The positive aspects of the hostel were that it was cheap, it has a big common area and free breakfast is included. Unfortunately when I went there the temperature was so hot outside and there were no fans in the room, so it was hard to sleep.

Average. Could be better but worth your money.

In my opinion a hostel should realise that they are the first impression of a city or even a country. This hostel seems like an old school building in the ugly outskirts of Milano. The staff was not at all helpful. I found out through other guests that there was a free breakfast. Also I had to ask for a map of the city, to me it just seems logical to leave some maps of the city on the counter or at least explain how to get to the city centre.

No mirrors in the toilet or the rooms. Only one power socket per room. Without air conditioner in the room means the summer nights can be unbearable sometimes.

This place had bo kitchen, kitchen utensils, glasses, forks, or anyrhing like it. Staff was kind of rude but helpful. Washrooms and toilets were out of order, only some of them worked. Out 6 bed form had only one outlet in total so we couldn't charge our electronics. Location was a bit outside the city center but easily accessible with the metro. The overall atmosphere of the hostel was barren and boring. Wouldn't recommend for anything else than the relatively low price.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Great location, I thought it looked kind of far from the city but it's close to two metro stations (QT8 and Lotto) which makes getting around easy. It's also only a few stops from the World Expo. The dorm was pretty standard, and you get a locker with a lock which was great. The bathrooms were okay, they were large but the doors of a lot of the stalls didn't lock and they were kind of dirty but not disgusting. Also the wifi also didn't work at all. It's cheap though and worth what you pay for.

Door to our room was broken and couldn't be closed/locked. Wifi barely worked, bathrooms were dirty, not close to anything at all in terms of sights. Staff mediocre at best. Large hostel with lots of children. Wouldn't stay here again

Character limit so.. Negative points: - Receptionist (wore a suit, african heritage, chewed gum loudly with his mouth open) rude to all customers and took 1hr to check in bout 12 people (including me and my gf) - My gf got given no locker key (was reassured that the American girls in her room were definitely safe) - Your hostel allows junkies in (male who was staying there physically and verbally assaulted my girlfriend, maybe this is acceptable in Italy?) - Toilets were unclean - No Linen

• 19th Jun 2015

Very good

It was very hard to find the hostel, in a very quiet area and the finding the entrance was a nightmare especially at the nights. Charging the phone in room wasn't possible but could do in the reception. The staff in the reception was not bad. Breakfast had the option of cereals, tea/coffee and water only.

• 12th Jun 2015