Youth Hostel Piero Rotta Reviews

Viale Salmoiraghi, 1, Milan, Italy

The hostel is in a very old building so the rooms are quite dated; however, they are beginning process of renovating the place.

• 15th Jul 2014

시설은 나쁘지 않음 단점은 위치상 좀 역하고 먼 느낌입니다. 분위기는 외국인들과 친해질 용기가 있으면 나쁘지 않음

This hostel can be a great place but not having air condition, lockers outside of the rooms, not having power points in the rooms and even the social area downstairs was fairly poor. This place definitely needs improving if they want more backpackers to come back.

Badly located and difficult to find the entrance. Lots of people seemed to be living there, which is not the real purpose of a hostel. The bathrooms were mixed and the showers only had a curtain, not being really private and comfortable. The breakfast is also bad.

Not a youth hostel. They have all those middle age people and the atmopshere is really poor. Just a place to sleep.

Not a good atmosphere to meet people and the staff weren't particularly enthusiastic about helping with suggestions, directions, etc. But it's in a fantastic location, so that makes up for its downfalls.

I didn't end up staying at the hostel.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • jollavale

Staff was pleasant but not very helpful. Pretty hard to find from the Metro--ask a local, they'll know because it's in a residential area. Put the lockers in the dorm rooms please--it is annoying to constantly go to the hall to get clothing.

Nice place but with very poor room facilities. You can't recharge your mobile in your room because there aren't any sockets! Quite place to stay for a weekend.

It's a very old school house, with very old facilities. One power point in each 6 bed room and a whopping four in the common area. (read:not enough.) The wifi was adequate. The bathrooms were decent, but please put signs up telling people to turn off the flush function of the toilet. The brown haired lady at the desk was downright rude. The locks on the doors are THE LOUDEST. Oh, and they kick you out of your room from 10am-2pm to "clean," though I saw little evidence of anything being clean.

We asked to have a private bathroom instead of a shared one. The person who checked us in advised there wouldn't be a extra charge and when I checked out I found a extra €10 upgrade to our final payment owing. I wouldn't have minded paying the extra €10, it's the fact we were basically lied to that disappointed me most. Also in the shower there was a cord to which I gathered was a fan. To my surprise it was a distress alarm. This really needs to be labelled as an alarm NOT a fan..

This place was a wierd hostel. There was no bar area, no restaurant, no real hand out lounge area- this place was deserted. But in saying that, it looks like they are renovating this hostel (which looks like it used to be a high school) so it is a working progress. This place I believe will be great when finished, but till then it's just a room. It is also out of the Milan city's centre however it's a quick train ride in

It would have been helpful if there were more signs to indicate where the entrance was. We arrived at night and it took us a long time to figure out where it was and how to enter. Luckily someone walking by was able to help us out. Besides that everything was great.

I was not a fan of this hostel. The bathrooms were rarely cleaned and always smelled of urine. The washing machine made my clothes smell worse than before I washed them. The lockers were outside the room, which made me nervous. There was nothing near the hostel to see without using the metro, which was not frequent. The wireless internet only works on the main floor of the building. My expectations from the reviews I saw were greatly disappointed.

• 30th May 2014

This hostel isn't that bad, but given the price it could be really better ! Some of the lockers can be opened without the key, the place isn't very friendly and cosy, but it's ok to stay 1 night. To conclude the place is ok, but the price is exaggerated for what it is.

Definitely not a 'youth' hostel since I had to share room with a 60-year old man. The toilets stink and the showers are really old. Bring flip-flops with you!. The hostel is also quite far from the city center (30 mins + 1 train change). The area where the hostel is located is quite creepy at nights. The staff was quite friendly.

Very noisy. Facilities are very bad : bathroom door opens directly on shower stalls, that are only protected by a curtain. Toilets are very low, no room to sit on them. Price is largely overrated.

I didn't particularly enjoy my stay here. Found the receptionist a bit unfriendly and the hostel itself very old and basic

It is a decent investisment for backpackers who don't want to spend too much. It is cheap, but you get what you pay for. A bit far from city center, but a small ride on the red subway line gets you to the duomo in couple minutes.

Everything was OK!