Youth Hostel Piero Rotta Reviews

Viale Salmoiraghi, 1, Milan, Italy

The best thing about this place was one staff member while we stayed - I'm not sure of his name, but he was very helpful and went out of his way to help me get some hot water I needed for medicine!! It's a bit far out but a cheap taxi ride or even cheaper (but longer) metro ride into the centre and it's nice and spacious and our room had a balcony! Had a lovely time! Thanks :)

Breafkeast should start a little bit earlier, as the hostel is often chosen for his location near the bus station and most of the bus leave at the time the breakfeast start

It´s a big youth hostel with average facilities. Nevertheless the rooms are calm and you have plenty space in the lockers for your luggage. Unfortunately the showers were only cold and there was no electricity at breakfast. So they couldn´t offer hot water or coffee.

Good place for young people... Good chillin atmosfere Quite good if u wanna go to the expo A bit far from the center

Very basic Hostel, no surprise for that price. Locker are in corridor!, no Air Condition or even Fan. When you are in Bathroom you feel yoursel like in Military Service.

It was a really nice hostel in general, nice Air conditioner, room with very big space, we even have balcon to dry our clothes. Common room is really nice and comfortable. The only exception is that they didn't check and clean the bed which checked out before we come. The person who used the bed before apparently left her sheet just like that without putting it outside, so it is clear that it was not cleaned before.

The worst hostel I have ever stayed at. Staff were unbelievably unprofessional. No credit card option because the machine broke (and apparently had been broken for quite some time before I stayed). It is mosquito mansion. Rooms unbearably hot at 43c without a fan, overgrowth on the Windows so the rooms are dark. Beds feel as though they will collapse and or the top sleeper will pull it over while attempting to get into bed. toilets & showers have ancient very noisey plumbing.

It took like 40mins to an 1 hr to check in, staff very slow. Location close for those coming by a bus to Milan. No mirrors in the girls bathroom. Could do with a fan or air con in room. Far from the centre. No atmosphere.

With this hostel, you do get what you pay for. its clean and if your staying for anymore than two nights its ok. The area its in didn't feel necessarily safe as a traveller, however the city centre is easily accessible with a 5min to metro. Its also good that there is lockers that you can keep your stuff in 24/7. However, the security of the building is bad, anyone can access the showers and hostel, also only 1 plug socket for 6 people. Also ZERO atmosphere, not good for solo travellers.

Very positive side is breakfast and lockers for your luggage. It was very hot in the rooms (no AC) and bathrooms are not very clean.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

The hostel wasnt as noisy as i wouldve excpected, the Wi-Fi was a bit annoying cause you had to log on again all the time, free breakfast was a definite plus althou it was quite a poor one.

Good value for money in this hostel. You don't pay much but shouldn't expect too much. The hostel looks like the typical youth hostel and is located in a suburb with good metro and tram connections (during the night). The breakfast is ok and the staff is friendly. However, the facilities can be improved. There is no kitchen and we had no power socket in our room. Besides that the wifi doesn't work always and there is no air conditioning in the rooms. Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay here!

It's not surprised it only has about 60%approved. The public facilities are not very clean and good. Room is very hot in summer with one fan only. The whole environment looks quite old. But it's quite cheap in Milan, so it's good enough for the money. And the other good thing is it is very good for expo. Quite near, and you'll meet expo volunteer who can give you advise.

The hostel was better than I thought, I like the women's bathrooms, where clean and renovated. The bedroom didn't have air conditioned so was difficult to sleep, because Italy that week was very hot.

We have spent one night in this hostel. Everything was ok, except noise... At 12 pm girls were singing, talking loudly in the corridor. We could not sleep until 1-2 am... It was too noisy... We did not rest..

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

The hostel itself is fine, but there were no aircons or fans in the rooms. Breakfast was the best I've had yet with bread rolls and cheese. Everyone sort of keeps to themselves as the common area is too big to mingle properly. It's well out of the city centre, so either metro or take the long walk into town. Wifi was a bit touch and go, I had to keep getting coupons from the front desk. Communal showers were fine

This hostel was what I expected from a big place like this: noisy, non-friendly and definitely not cosy. It was clean enough, and free breakfast was a definite plus, but otherwise I have nothing positive to say. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, creaking whenever you turn or move. There was no kitchen, so I'd never stay there for more than one night. Also, there were people screaming and making noise in the hallway all night - so not too much sleep for us. Staff was polite but distant.

When I arrive, I wait almost an hour to check- in. The woman who was attending the check-in desk appeared to take her time with other passengers. She appeared to be unorganised in her methods.

A nice, cheap hostel, nothing above average. It's very price worthy. Me and my friends shared a room with a few other girls and they were all very friendly. I loved the fact that you could keep your bag locked up for free. The bathroom facilities were clean and fresh. The breakfast was OK. A minus - no air condition.

When I stayed, it was in the middle of the EXPO MILANO, so the receptionist took care Italian guests preferentially. When I asked him the information, he could answer, but his attitude was extremely rude. The WI=FI was also weak. I was lucky to stay there just for one night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3