Youth Hostel Piero Rotta Reviews

Viale Salmoiraghi, 1, Milan, Italy

This place was a wierd hostel. There was no bar area, no restaurant, no real hand out lounge area- this place was deserted. But in saying that, it looks like they are renovating this hostel (which looks like it used to be a high school) so it is a working progress. This place I believe will be great when finished, but till then it's just a room. It is also out of the Milan city's centre however it's a quick train ride in

It would have been helpful if there were more signs to indicate where the entrance was. We arrived at night and it took us a long time to figure out where it was and how to enter. Luckily someone walking by was able to help us out. Besides that everything was great.

I was not a fan of this hostel. The bathrooms were rarely cleaned and always smelled of urine. The washing machine made my clothes smell worse than before I washed them. The lockers were outside the room, which made me nervous. There was nothing near the hostel to see without using the metro, which was not frequent. The wireless internet only works on the main floor of the building. My expectations from the reviews I saw were greatly disappointed.

• 30th May 2014

This hostel isn't that bad, but given the price it could be really better ! Some of the lockers can be opened without the key, the place isn't very friendly and cosy, but it's ok to stay 1 night. To conclude the place is ok, but the price is exaggerated for what it is.

Definitely not a 'youth' hostel since I had to share room with a 60-year old man. The toilets stink and the showers are really old. Bring flip-flops with you!. The hostel is also quite far from the city center (30 mins + 1 train change). The area where the hostel is located is quite creepy at nights. The staff was quite friendly.

Very noisy. Facilities are very bad : bathroom door opens directly on shower stalls, that are only protected by a curtain. Toilets are very low, no room to sit on them. Price is largely overrated.

I didn't particularly enjoy my stay here. Found the receptionist a bit unfriendly and the hostel itself very old and basic

It is a decent investisment for backpackers who don't want to spend too much. It is cheap, but you get what you pay for. A bit far from city center, but a small ride on the red subway line gets you to the duomo in couple minutes.

Nice place a bit away from the center close by a Nice parc Very well connected with subway A place to relax

Everything was OK!