Youth Hostel Piero Rotta Reviews

Viale Salmoiraghi, 1, Milan, Italy

The hostel wasnt as noisy as i wouldve excpected, the Wi-Fi was a bit annoying cause you had to log on again all the time, free breakfast was a definite plus althou it was quite a poor one.

Good value for money in this hostel. You don't pay much but shouldn't expect too much. The hostel looks like the typical youth hostel and is located in a suburb with good metro and tram connections (during the night). The breakfast is ok and the staff is friendly. However, the facilities can be improved. There is no kitchen and we had no power socket in our room. Besides that the wifi doesn't work always and there is no air conditioning in the rooms. Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay here!

It's not surprised it only has about 60%approved. The public facilities are not very clean and good. Room is very hot in summer with one fan only. The whole environment looks quite old. But it's quite cheap in Milan, so it's good enough for the money. And the other good thing is it is very good for expo. Quite near, and you'll meet expo volunteer who can give you advise.

The hostel was better than I thought, I like the women's bathrooms, where clean and renovated. The bedroom didn't have air conditioned so was difficult to sleep, because Italy that week was very hot.

We have spent one night in this hostel. Everything was ok, except noise... At 12 pm girls were singing, talking loudly in the corridor. We could not sleep until 1-2 am... It was too noisy... We did not rest..

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

The hostel itself is fine, but there were no aircons or fans in the rooms. Breakfast was the best I've had yet with bread rolls and cheese. Everyone sort of keeps to themselves as the common area is too big to mingle properly. It's well out of the city centre, so either metro or take the long walk into town. Wifi was a bit touch and go, I had to keep getting coupons from the front desk. Communal showers were fine

This hostel was what I expected from a big place like this: noisy, non-friendly and definitely not cosy. It was clean enough, and free breakfast was a definite plus, but otherwise I have nothing positive to say. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, creaking whenever you turn or move. There was no kitchen, so I'd never stay there for more than one night. Also, there were people screaming and making noise in the hallway all night - so not too much sleep for us. Staff was polite but distant.

When I arrive, I wait almost an hour to check- in. The woman who was attending the check-in desk appeared to take her time with other passengers. She appeared to be unorganised in her methods.

A nice, cheap hostel, nothing above average. It's very price worthy. Me and my friends shared a room with a few other girls and they were all very friendly. I loved the fact that you could keep your bag locked up for free. The bathroom facilities were clean and fresh. The breakfast was OK. A minus - no air condition.

When I stayed, it was in the middle of the EXPO MILANO, so the receptionist took care Italian guests preferentially. When I asked him the information, he could answer, but his attitude was extremely rude. The WI=FI was also weak. I was lucky to stay there just for one night.

All facility is good and well. Thanks. Kashif Iqbal

Was happy to stay here

Considering the low prices this hostel is of course basic but okay. Half an hour out of the centre of Milan but easily reachable by metro, so this wasn't a problem. The staff is really friendly, the breakfast is ok and there are enough showers that are clean enough. My main complain is that there is no aircon in the dorms, while Milan is a very hot and unpleasantly humid city. Besides that, there was only one power socket in our dorm and the wifi connection wasn't so good most of the time.

Typical YHI hostel, big, lots of rooms, but definitely not up to date. Not enough plugs for electronics in rooms (but you can charge in lobby, don't worry) and a weird wifi policy with different speeds and passwords you need for every bit of data. Reception was very nice, if a bit slow, and upgraded me after I was put in a six bed room that only had five beds after all... Breakfast was awesome and I talked to a lot of people volunteering at the expo who could give me lots of tips about Milano.

Everything you need but no atmosphere despite there being lots of people. Free breakfast was good, luggage storage easily accessible and secure, shower facilities good but needs air con!!!!

The positive aspects of the hostel were that it was cheap, it has a big common area and free breakfast is included. Unfortunately when I went there the temperature was so hot outside and there were no fans in the room, so it was hard to sleep.

Average. Could be better but worth your money.

In my opinion a hostel should realise that they are the first impression of a city or even a country. This hostel seems like an old school building in the ugly outskirts of Milano. The staff was not at all helpful. I found out through other guests that there was a free breakfast. Also I had to ask for a map of the city, to me it just seems logical to leave some maps of the city on the counter or at least explain how to get to the city centre.

No mirrors in the toilet or the rooms. Only one power socket per room. Without air conditioner in the room means the summer nights can be unbearable sometimes.

This place had bo kitchen, kitchen utensils, glasses, forks, or anyrhing like it. Staff was kind of rude but helpful. Washrooms and toilets were out of order, only some of them worked. Out 6 bed form had only one outlet in total so we couldn't charge our electronics. Location was a bit outside the city center but easily accessible with the metro. The overall atmosphere of the hostel was barren and boring. Wouldn't recommend for anything else than the relatively low price.

• 20th Jun 2015