Youth Hostel Plakias Reviews

Plakias, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

Loved my stay at YH Plakias. Amazing vibe and so many great things to do - I can see why people keep coming back year after year. I would highly recommend at least 5 nights here, everyone always wishes they could stay longer! I can't wait to come back.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. great place, people & atmosphere. Plakias is a great area theres many things to explore and see.

A lovely chilled out hostel. Great community but I wouldn't recommend using it as a base for exploring the island.

Best hostel ever!

A truly special place of which there are precious few.

• 7th Aug 2015

Beautiful place, near the beach and has a very 'holiday' vibe. Loved our stay here! Very relaxed, pretty clean.

really chill hostel. the staff are friendly and very helpful. the atmosphere is also very nice

This hostel is the best ever! The owner is fantastic. He went above and beyond to show us the secret gems that are in Plakias. Our experience would not have been the same without his tips. The hostel was extremely clean and offered a delicious breakfast each day. The friendly atmosphere is what brings people back! Best hostel I've ever been to!

Incredible laid-back atmosphere and feels like you're part of a family! Uli organises lots of group evenings like barbecues or one night 20 of us all headed to a little taverna in the mountains and had an amazing meal. We all stopped by the roadside on the drive home and star gazed which was beaaautiful. Great vibe and loads of hikes and walks to do nearby!

Plakias YH is a well run, lovely hostel that welcomes families and singles of all ages. The facilities are clean and convenient. The people are warm and helpful. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and hope to return again myself.

• 20th Jul 2015

Good value for money. Super helpful staff, place has a beach bum/hippie vibe so it's great if you just want to relax for a bit. Not a whole lot to "do" in Plakias but lots of hikes/walks to other beaches. Beach in Plakias is decent but windy, about 10 min walk from hostel.

I booked for two days and ended up staying for ten days. It is a very unique hostel and is a perfect place for chilling out and socializing. The staff is fantastic and there were apparently many who regularly stay at this hostel every year. The hostel quickly becomes like a family where everybody gets to know each other within few hours. I would definitely return to this place. Cal Munich, Germany

• 18th Jul 2015

Everyone is so friendly :)

Super chill hostel, nice clean rooms and bathroom. Only thing is it's quite hard to get to and from if you want to go to the gorge or chania etc.

Very clean, very comfortable, all amenities needed for a typical hostel stay are there. This is the most social and favorite hostel I've stayed at. I left with a new family in Plakias, and I'll be back! Excellent location for pristine beaches, great hikes, and the tastiest food I had in Greece. My only complaint is that the window in the all girls dorm doesn't stay open in the wind, so it was always really hot in the room at night! But otherwise, a perfect stay that'll be remembered.

Nice place to stay. You should be warned that Plakias is not Rethymmo, and that it is not near Rethymo. Stay in this hostel if you want a nice quiet stay in Plakias an the beautiful beaches arround. But if you want to travel through Crete you shoul probably stay somewere else.

This hostel has the best vibe, and the town was amazing, not that touristy but still felt relaxed and facilities like supermarkets, pharmacies, travel agents etc. so many great places to visit, particularly one rock and preveli beach which are easy to get to and really pretty beaches. The hostel itself was great location, there weren't that many youth around though, during our stay (early July) majority of people were 35+

Had an excellent stay at YH Plakias. We fell in love with Crete in one week with all the activities and adventures we were recommended to go on by Ulli. Thanks again!

• 9th Jul 2015

Best hostel/location ever- worth the trouble to get here. Great community and vibe. 3 nights turned into 13. Plan on staying at least a week. Rent a car, go for a drive or chill by the beautiful spots here. Some tips: Make sure to get clear directions to get to wherever you're going for your day trips around. Bring goggles for swimming. Ulli is the best! I love this place- all the reviews have it right

This place is amazing! It is kept really clean, there's hammocks everywhere for napping or reading, cheap and convenient breakfast available, near lots of hikes and beaches, very nice staff. Most people (us included) just left valuables in their room without an issue, but there also is a safe for passports/wallets if you're worried. Its a long bus ride to get out there but definitely worth it! I'll be back if I ever find myself back in Greece.

« first « Prev 1 2 3