Youth Hostel Plakias Reviews

Plakias, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

really chill hostel. the staff are friendly and very helpful. the atmosphere is also very nice

This hostel is the best ever! The owner is fantastic. He went above and beyond to show us the secret gems that are in Plakias. Our experience would not have been the same without his tips. The hostel was extremely clean and offered a delicious breakfast each day. The friendly atmosphere is what brings people back! Best hostel I've ever been to!

Everyone is so friendly :)

Super chill hostel, nice clean rooms and bathroom. Only thing is it's quite hard to get to and from if you want to go to the gorge or chania etc.

Very clean, very comfortable, all amenities needed for a typical hostel stay are there. This is the most social and favorite hostel I've stayed at. I left with a new family in Plakias, and I'll be back! Excellent location for pristine beaches, great hikes, and the tastiest food I had in Greece. My only complaint is that the window in the all girls dorm doesn't stay open in the wind, so it was always really hot in the room at night! But otherwise, a perfect stay that'll be remembered.

Nice place to stay. You should be warned that Plakias is not Rethymmo, and that it is not near Rethymo. Stay in this hostel if you want a nice quiet stay in Plakias an the beautiful beaches arround. But if you want to travel through Crete you shoul probably stay somewere else.

This hostel has the best vibe, and the town was amazing, not that touristy but still felt relaxed and facilities like supermarkets, pharmacies, travel agents etc. so many great places to visit, particularly one rock and preveli beach which are easy to get to and really pretty beaches. The hostel itself was great location, there weren't that many youth around though, during our stay (early July) majority of people were 35+

Had an excellent stay at YH Plakias. We fell in love with Crete in one week with all the activities and adventures we were recommended to go on by Ulli. Thanks again!

• 9th Jul 2015

Best hostel/location ever- worth the trouble to get here. Great community and vibe. 3 nights turned into 13. Plan on staying at least a week. Rent a car, go for a drive or chill by the beautiful spots here. Some tips: Make sure to get clear directions to get to wherever you're going for your day trips around. Bring goggles for swimming. Ulli is the best! I love this place- all the reviews have it right

This place is amazing! It is kept really clean, there's hammocks everywhere for napping or reading, cheap and convenient breakfast available, near lots of hikes and beaches, very nice staff. Most people (us included) just left valuables in their room without an issue, but there also is a safe for passports/wallets if you're worried. Its a long bus ride to get out there but definitely worth it! I'll be back if I ever find myself back in Greece.

The staff here was amazing. This if all you do on Crete is go to the beach or hike. It's over an hour by car from any of which made it a for me. I ended up my stay short to be in a better location. There were 2 other for me. There were cats and I'm which required to and still me miserable also, hot water after dark which prevented a shower after in the sun all day

Uli, the manager, was very welcoming and made us feel at home right away. On our first night he invited us out to dinner, and the majority of the hostel joined. It was a really nice touch. We loved the river walk, that Uli recommends and thoroughly enjoyed plakias as the place to finish off our Greek travels. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

I had a wonderful stay at the hostel. While the location is a bit on the outside of the town the actual hostel is amazing. Uli the manager is full of great recommendations for daily activities and places to eat! I loved the atmosphere at this particular hostel as everyone was friendly and very laid back. I'm looking forward to my next visit, hopefully in the near future!

• 28th Jun 2015

I loved this place! So communal and everyone was lovely! Great dorms, Plakias is beautiful with plenty to do, the nice beaches are a bit of a walk but SO worth it! It's a little hard to get to from the north of Crete, make sure you look up the bus times and plan it right. Unfortunately I missed the last bus and they put me up in the YH in Rethymno without charging me, really kind of them!! Thank you so much, I will be back :) for a much longer stay next time also

This is the best place I've ever stayed. Words cannot describe how perfect and chill this place was. The openness and trustfulness of everyone there is like a utopia. A part of me will forever remain in Plakias, and the memories of the beautiful beaches, hikes, food, and people will never fade. Can't wait to come back again :)

• 27th Jun 2015

Absolutely incredible. I walked away here not with acquaintances, but with friends. There's something about this place that makes it so easy to talk to other travelers and truly get to know one another. It's a short walk to the beach and a bunch of great shops. The hiking, swimming, etc. are the best here out of anywhere I've ever been in the world. Amazing. 5/5

This hostel is my new favorite place in Crete. If I didn't already have a plane ticket booked I would stay for so much longer! It is truly one of the most peaceful places I have been to. Reading some of the reviews people stated that a majority of the guests were older people but this isn't true. While there are older people here, they have the spirit of our younger generation. I have made so many friends here and experienced a truly peaceful stay. If your in Plakias go here!

• 24th Jun 2015

When my friend and I arrived at YHP, we were nervous to see ipads laying around unattended in common spaces and open bags in the rooms.We wondered if we had made the right choice and if the place could stand up to its reviews.. Yes! After just a few hours our mindset had completely transformed into the model of trust by which the place runs. Uli and Gordon will make you feel at home, you'll make friends that feel like family, see amazing places and have one of the best showers of your life. Go.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Do you want to hike around in the mountains they got it. Do you want to star gaze at night they got it. Do you want to adventure up rivers for hours they got it. You want to relax all day in hammocks they got it. Go to the ocean, breakfast in the morning, beds on the roof for ;) you know what, yup they got it. Amazing atmosphere, the owner has created a amazing culture at this hostel, something I've never experienced. one problem it's 2 bus rides away from the (her) airport, but 100% worth it :)

• 17th Jun 2015

Very relaxed. I great place to kick back and recover from the traveling life. People normally stay longer than they planned to originally because it is so nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3