Youth Hostel Plakias Reviews

Plakias, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

Travelled all the way from NZD to this beautiful spot In Crete, originally booked for 2 nights and stayed 6, it's that good. €1.5 scrambled eggs for brekkie and €10 a night this place, the staff and it's location was absolutely superb. Highly recommend to anyone and everyone. Love and peace Kohan J Wilson.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Absolutely enjoyed my time. Wish I would've had more nights to spend on this property! This is a safe and fun place to hang out for days and weeks and for some people, months.

Great hostel, awesome staff, laid back environment. Didn't meet a single person I didn't like or that wasn't friendly towards me. Would definitely recommend especially for the price!

Hands down the best hostel experience of my life. Excellent facilities, a beautiful location and the most genuine and caring staff I've ever encountered. My original booking was for 2 nights but they managed to accommodate me for 11 despite being fully booked! The atmosphere here is super relaxed and fun. A great place to meet people and chill out. Bit of a journey to get there so do yourself a favour and stay for a week!

Unique hostel surrounded by olive trees,very close to both Plakias bay and the mountains.Supercool and laid back atmosphere as it's very easy to socialise.Plus,despite the lack of security(no lockers in the rooms),I felt very safe and I didn't worry about my belongings.Last but not least,given the very little artificial light at night,the stars and the milky way look so clear and bright from the hostel roof terrace that it seem you are in the middle of the desert.All in all,great experience!

Dear L., may I point out that we do have a locker room in the reception. Here on Crete we are in the lucky situation, that it's still possible to live without locking personal belongings away. On Crete people still leave their housedoor open and they don't lock their cars.Your impression that you felt very safe was totally right - so I am a bit astonished about the security rating.

Fantastic place in a fantastic area, this is the most secure, friendly and welcoming hostel i've ever been to, where everything just works. 10/10 will come again- Plakias is a great place to start in crete.

Staff is amazing!!! Sleep on the roof top! It's the best.

This is the best hostel we have ever stayed at! It has an amazing environment! Right by the beach! Perfect for meeting fellow travelers. We highly recommend this place! We hope to have the shance to the stay again!

best part of my entire month trip though the Greek islands, stunning location with many things to keep you busy. definitely do the river walk it's so worth the hike

This hostel is the best we've stayed at on our trip so far!! The staff are so lovely and warm and the people we met there were amazing! So social but also super chill, the hammocks were the perfect escape for lazy days. We stayed 4 extra nights and I am SO glad!! Thank you thank you thank you :D I'll be back one day!!

I just loved that place, I'm coming back for sure

Thanks to Uli and the rest of the staff for such a great time in Plakias. And gordon for making me eggs every morning.

Absolutely fantastic stay for a brilliant price. Lovely barbecue for on 5 euros each. Great walks in the surrounding area which is all explained within the hostel. Cheap breakfasts. Only one complaint/niggle a tiny thing to which I think there is no solution. There is a little step into the bathroom, I tripped over this 3 times, I kept forgetting about it. So if you stay here mind your step on the way to the toilets/showers.

I can definitely see why everyone spends longer than they plan on here. If I hadn't been on a tight schedule during my time here I would have done the same! The hostel is in a beautiful location, it's well kept and has a great social atmosphere. If you're into hiking this is definitely the place to be, the owner has a lot of great advice. He also runs a fantastic restaurant up on the hill and took a group of us up there one night for a discounted meal.

This place was awesome. There is a reason for all the good reviews! So laid back! I ended up staying 6 nights instead of 4 and could have hung out for more. There is no real security but that's because you don't need it and I love that. It is a real community style hostel, super close to town but outside of it, oober relaxed, best hammocks, great people, great great price, and fantastic hiking and adventure all around. The only thing that would make this place better would be some AC :-)

Absolutely perfect hostel. Facilities are amazing and everyone is so friendly. It is also very clean. Definitely will come back there.

You HAVE to stay here. Unbelievable experience. Memories for a lifetime.

• 25th Jun 2014

I can't get back there soon enough. An amazing place, and Uli is top notch!

STAY HERE. BEST STAFF, BEST ATMOSPHERE, BEST .................. BEST PLACE. If you don´t stay here, you´ll miss one of the best hostels on this planet!

Fantastic place! The place is like a paradise on Earth, you can hangout at the hostel, go to nearby beaches, go diving, swimming or do the river walk. The place is very chill, the atmosphere is excellent and the weather was just perfect. Also Uli (the German owner) is nice, made everyone feel welcome.