Youth Hostel Plakias Reviews

Plakias, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

Staff is amazing!!! Sleep on the roof top! It's the best.

best part of my entire month trip though the Greek islands, stunning location with many things to keep you busy. definitely do the river walk it's so worth the hike

This hostel is the best we've stayed at on our trip so far!! The staff are so lovely and warm and the people we met there were amazing! So social but also super chill, the hammocks were the perfect escape for lazy days. We stayed 4 extra nights and I am SO glad!! Thank you thank you thank you :D I'll be back one day!!

I just loved that place, I'm coming back for sure

Thanks to Uli and the rest of the staff for such a great time in Plakias. And gordon for making me eggs every morning.

Absolutely fantastic stay for a brilliant price. Lovely barbecue for on 5 euros each. Great walks in the surrounding area which is all explained within the hostel. Cheap breakfasts. Only one complaint/niggle a tiny thing to which I think there is no solution. There is a little step into the bathroom, I tripped over this 3 times, I kept forgetting about it. So if you stay here mind your step on the way to the toilets/showers.

I can definitely see why everyone spends longer than they plan on here. If I hadn't been on a tight schedule during my time here I would have done the same! The hostel is in a beautiful location, it's well kept and has a great social atmosphere. If you're into hiking this is definitely the place to be, the owner has a lot of great advice. He also runs a fantastic restaurant up on the hill and took a group of us up there one night for a discounted meal.

This place was awesome. There is a reason for all the good reviews! So laid back! I ended up staying 6 nights instead of 4 and could have hung out for more. There is no real security but that's because you don't need it and I love that. It is a real community style hostel, super close to town but outside of it, oober relaxed, best hammocks, great people, great great price, and fantastic hiking and adventure all around. The only thing that would make this place better would be some AC :-)

Absolutely perfect hostel. Facilities are amazing and everyone is so friendly. It is also very clean. Definitely will come back there.

You HAVE to stay here. Unbelievable experience. Memories for a lifetime.

• 25th Jun 2014

I can't get back there soon enough. An amazing place, and Uli is top notch!

STAY HERE. BEST STAFF, BEST ATMOSPHERE, BEST .................. BEST PLACE. If you don´t stay here, you´ll miss one of the best hostels on this planet!

Hands down best hostel I've ever been to. Planned to stay four nights, stayed for 13.

Amazing place! Located near the beach, and with an awesome atmosphere. Everybody turns into a big family with the help of the manager Uli. Definetely recommend it to everyone!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Best hostel ever! Uli is the best!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Best hostel I have stayed at. Uli "The Manager" is a top bloke.

There is so much good to say about this hostel, the atmosphere - which makes staying there just so much more pleasant, the people - who make you stay longer than you planned or the manager Uli, who is always there to help. The beach is only around 5 mins away and you have a lot of opportunities to do day trips (river walk, waterfalls, etc.) as well, if you want to try sometging else. All in all, a really enjoyable stay!

Ha such an amazing time here! A great open common area with picnic tables and hammocks! Some secluded beaches and hikes throughout the hills! I'll for sure be back!

• 27th May 2014

Great place!!

• 25th May 2014

A nice chill hostel in a cool location in Plakias. The manager of this hostel is the best, be it giving advice for what to do (or what not to do), showing you his Crete-shaped veggie patch, taking you along to dinner, or taking you on an adventurous river walk! The beds are comfy, the rooms nice and big, and all very clean. Make sure to bring bug spray though! Plakias itself is a very nice and chilled town. Great area to stay for a few days :)