Youth Hostel Plakias Reviews

Plakias, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

As good as other reviews suggest and Uli is a tremendous host and a gentleman and Plakias is a great place to chill out. If you like hostel life then this is the perfect place..if you want more privacy then it's probably not for you..just be sure of what you like first. I did a bit of both hostel and a couple of nights in a private room in town but still ended up back here for the fun. Will definitely be back to both Plakias and to Uli's.

This place is what hostels are supposed to be about; really relaxed communal living and lots of fun if you're looking for it. There's also a lot of lovely places to see close by. I had a great time and would highly recommend staying here

Best place on earth. Booked 3 days, stayed 10, only left because my flight back to Australia was the next day.

The plakias hostel is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. You could stay here for a month easy. The place is nice, with a little kitchen and a big communal area where everyone hangs out. The Location is awesome. The beaches, mountains, gorge and villages are great and you can hike or drive. The atmosphere is perfect - we had a big barbecue where everyone cooked together and Uli took me and some travellees to an amazing village taverna. I will be back for sure, I hope sooner not later!

Everything wonderful! Staff are great, good dorms, great atmosphere and really good showers

One of the nicest hostels I've ever been to by far. It's cleverly designed with a central outdoor communal area and outdoor kitchen, making it really easy to meet other travellers. The whole place is clean and well maintained. Everyone was friendly. The shops and restaurants of Plakias are nearby, as is the main beach (just a standard tourist beach) but there are other nicer beaches not too far away. No lockers or room keys but that kind of adds to the open, trusting feel of the place.

Best hostel I have stayed at. Showers and bathrooms are very clean. Staff is helpful and there are hammocks everywhere! Would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun social environment

Great hostel. Booked for 3 stayed for 10. So will you if have the time

Plakias youth hostel its much more than a ' hostel. It attracts the most wonderful people you will ever meet. Nestled in the beautiful scenery, yet minutes from the beach, plakias Y.H. offers a variety of activities. It's perfect for all ages, from those who want to just chill out, to those who are looking for energetic activities. Whichepver group you belong to, Plakias Y.H.a perfect ' home', in the real sense. Having planned two weeks there, I extended my stay for a third week. 'I'll Be Back'

Best place I've been to just based on vibes, people and location. Must visit!!

Great value, great peollepeople, great atmosphere. So glad another traveller recommended this place to me.

• 3rd Sep 2015

It was definitely the best hostel I was ever in. It had the best atmosphere and everyone was super nice. There's absolutely nothing I would change and I will surely be back ! :D

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Well run hostel, thanks for the great time.

This is the best place in the whole wide world!!! Everyone should stay here! A bit bigger kitchen would be handy but other than that this is heaven in a hostel!

Loved the hostel. It has a chilled relaxed vibe, great common area for guests to socialize. Location is well placed and is within walking distance to everything in Plakis. Hostel manager Üli is very knowledgable of Crete and always willing to help you with your plans. I had originally planned to stay for 3 nights and ended up staying for nearly two weeks. This is a great hostel and I can't recommend it enough for your stay in Plakis or Rethymno.

Very chill hostel with cool people of all ages. If you are looking for a relaxing trip with beaches and hiking you have found it. A long trek from the airport, 3 buses, but directions are straight forward. You feel safe and everyone is welcoming, easy for people traveling alone to make friends.

This is the best hostel ever! Guests are encouraged to join in activities ranging from hikes & hostel BBQ's to resturant dinners -where groups of 20 or more random strangers share local dishes and become best friends due to Uli, the manager's, magical alchemy. Uli is not only known for great advice, warm conversation and beautiful blue eyes, but also for selecting delicious menu choices that allow guests to eat & drink like kings at local off-the-grid farm/taverns for under 12 euro!

The hostel was everything I read before and better. It has such a relaxed vibe, it makes even the most hardened traveller chilled out enough to leave iPads on beds or phones charging in the common area. The hostel owner, Uli, is super friendly and takes groups out to tavernas – which means you get to try the real Greek local food (my Greek food baby testifies to this!) I genuinely can’t fault my time at Youth Hostel Plakias – I, like lots of people there, will be back!

Best hostel experience I have had. Not necessarily the most clean or secure etc.. ut absolutely best overall. Wonderful atmosphere.

Amazing place, I had so much trouble leaving. total trust and uli is just the best 💖