Youth Hostel Plakias Reviews

Plakias, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

Really lovely environment, beautiful surroundings, very relaxing.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Awesome beach hostel! Uli the manager was great and shared his insight to the local area. 5 minutes walk to a beach, river walks and other beaches within an hours walk. Bedrooms and bathrooms are clean. Can get a little hot in the midst of summer without AC but thats just obvious. Highly recommend!

Amazing hostel experience! I was a bit hesitant at first, traveling as a single female, but immediately felt comfortable. Everyone was wonderful and I felt very safe. I loved Plakias and will be back!

• 29th Aug 2014

Great! The perfect place to relax.

hostel was great- outdoor living, all hanging out together. very close to the beach and with so much to do in Plakia! Uli was excellent and helped be a tour guide for our day hiking trips. would reccommend and 100% go back and just stay there for 2 weeks. loved every minute

In the hostel you´ll find a very relaxing and positive atmosphere, many independent travellers and travellers who come back again sometimes every year. There´s a nice terracce for everyone to sit outside, hammocks and many opportunities for day trips to beaches like Preveli Beach and for walks starting right at the hostel, like "The River Walk". The value for money is extremely good and Uli is eager to make everyone feel comfortable!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Fantastic hostel set in a great location. Would certainly recommend it

Good location and lots of space.

Travelled all the way from NZD to this beautiful spot In Crete, originally booked for 2 nights and stayed 6, it's that good. €1.5 scrambled eggs for brekkie and €10 a night this place, the staff and it's location was absolutely superb. Highly recommend to anyone and everyone. Love and peace Kohan J Wilson.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Absolutely enjoyed my time. Wish I would've had more nights to spend on this property! This is a safe and fun place to hang out for days and weeks and for some people, months.

Great hostel, awesome staff, laid back environment. Didn't meet a single person I didn't like or that wasn't friendly towards me. Would definitely recommend especially for the price!

Hands down the best hostel experience of my life. Excellent facilities, a beautiful location and the most genuine and caring staff I've ever encountered. My original booking was for 2 nights but they managed to accommodate me for 11 despite being fully booked! The atmosphere here is super relaxed and fun. A great place to meet people and chill out. Bit of a journey to get there so do yourself a favour and stay for a week!

Unique hostel surrounded by olive trees,very close to both Plakias bay and the mountains.Supercool and laid back atmosphere as it's very easy to socialise.Plus,despite the lack of security(no lockers in the rooms),I felt very safe and I didn't worry about my belongings.Last but not least,given the very little artificial light at night,the stars and the milky way look so clear and bright from the hostel roof terrace that it seem you are in the middle of the desert.All in all,great experience!

Dear L., may I point out that we do have a locker room in the reception. Here on Crete we are in the lucky situation, that it's still possible to live without locking personal belongings away. On Crete people still leave their housedoor open and they don't lock their cars.Your impression that you felt very safe was totally right - so I am a bit astonished about the security rating.

Fantastic place in a fantastic area, this is the most secure, friendly and welcoming hostel i've ever been to, where everything just works. 10/10 will come again- Plakias is a great place to start in crete.

Staff is amazing!!! Sleep on the roof top! It's the best.

This is the best hostel we have ever stayed at! It has an amazing environment! Right by the beach! Perfect for meeting fellow travelers. We highly recommend this place! We hope to have the shance to the stay again!

best part of my entire month trip though the Greek islands, stunning location with many things to keep you busy. definitely do the river walk it's so worth the hike

This hostel is the best we've stayed at on our trip so far!! The staff are so lovely and warm and the people we met there were amazing! So social but also super chill, the hammocks were the perfect escape for lazy days. We stayed 4 extra nights and I am SO glad!! Thank you thank you thank you :D I'll be back one day!!

I just loved that place, I'm coming back for sure

Thanks to Uli and the rest of the staff for such a great time in Plakias. And gordon for making me eggs every morning.

« first « Prev 1 2 3