Youth Hostel Plakias Reviews

Plakias, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

Uli is the best. Amazingly helpful and patient in giving information and directions and advice on all the hikes/things to do in the area and the island. And it is set up for all the travelers to meet each other, so there is always somebody around to hang out with. The one thing I would change is security, there really isn't any, not even locks on the door. I still put an average rating on security because everybody meets each other real quick & the vibe is so nice.

Youth hostel Plakias was the best hostel experience I've yet had. There is a wonderful fun, social, and comfortable relaxing atmosphere. I think most of this is due to Oolie (sorry if that's spelled wrong) who runs the hostel. He is very kind, very helpful, and does a lot to enhance the experience for people, even when it means no gain for him. I will recommend this hostel for anyone looking to experience Crete, or just go somewhere to enjoy the sun and good people.

• 28th Apr 2015

LOVED my stay here. Uli, the manager, was very helpful and kind; I enjoyed talking to him and hearing stories about the hostel and his own life. I was booked for three nights, but extended my stay one more night -- I would've stayed longer if I hadn't already booked and planned the rest of my trip! I was a solo traveler, but the setup of the hostel makes sure that you meet other people and make friends. Definitely going to come back!

• 26th Apr 2015

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. The manager is so easy going and welcoming, creating a very social environment. The area around the hostel was incredible for all the great outdoor activites... Incredible picturesque hiking trails, private beaches, and the cliff jump was sooo much fun. Would definitely travel back to Crete just to stay at this hostel.

Is an excellent place if you want to be in contact with the nature and share good moments with others. Is not easy to access Plakias from the airport (Chania) . If you are looking for going to the more commercial places on Crete you need to rent a car. The facilites are good and the atmosphere is great , awsome places are near by.

Very well located. The staff are amazing and make you feel at home. There are endless things to do and I promise you will love it and stay longer.

It was not just staying at a hostel it was like finding your long lost family. It is a perfect place for a solo traveler. I booked for 3 days and ended up staying almost 3 weeks and I would have stayed longer if I could. I will no question be returning as soon as possible.

• 11th Apr 2015

i was tempted to stay there forever :)

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Poland

The hostel concept is very cool! Everything is about confident. You pay at the end, you can take water and beer for the bridge and you write your name so they can charge you at the end, nobody is looking what you take. The hostel is very clean, few rooms, excelent atmosphere, really excellent staff, very helpful and kidness. The hostel is in a small town of Creete. This only have a few beaches, restaurants and bars; all the people in this town is amazing. If you wanna be alone is fine.

This is the most amazing place. I stayed here my entire time in Crete (about a week) and was so so sad to leave. The people and atmosphere of the hostel and surrounding areas are like nothing else. Laid back, relaxing, beautiful, and so much more. I will absolutely be returning and am already looking forward to it.

Amazing Hostel! The place has an incredible vibe, with a wonderful manager who makes you feel at home. The Hostel is situated in a perfect location for extraordinary hikes, remarkable clear blue beaches and a great place to meet like minded people. The hostel does not have lockers however there is no need for them as the place is completely safe. I left all my valuables out iPhone, laptop, money and did not feel concerned about it. Overall it is beautiful place! Ill defiently be coming back :)

• 31st Mar 2015