Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

It is a good hostel close to the city center, they have a nice bar with a very good price! I recommend it!

The hostel its nice but its kind a fae from the center of the city.

Some staffs were nice, but others were really rude. The common room is nice and has a good atmosphere, but the rooms were to simple and the heating was not working. I didn't feel safe when I was in the building without reception.

• 14th May 2014

No lockers, showers were in a different building to the room, there were only blankets and not a duvet. Breakfast was good though

Really nice hostel. Good atmosphere and kind stuff. Really big and safe. It's close to the city Centre. In fact I was walking from the Centre to the hostel and didn't need any trasportation. The only problem I had was that there wasn't any warm water after noon, so I had to take a bath in the morning. Dispite that it's a great value for money.

I did not have a very enjoyable stay at this hostel. When I got to a hostel, I want to feel welcomed, confortable, and hopefully, meet some fellow travelers. Unfortuantely, I did not get that here. This hostel is huge (so it hosts many school groups), and has a very cold, prison-like feel to it. Pros: free breakfast, great wifi, cheap, cool bar (with great prices). Cons: indifferent staff, atmosphere

Cool building, nice breakfast

We stayed in a 4-bed dorm so we had the whole room for us. Everything was in order, clean and tidy. There was a quite good breakfast as well. Great hostel.

the staff helped me a ton to ensure that i got to my train the next day to germany. the showers, bathrooms and beds are what you would expect for a hostel. location isn't to bad if you're lazy and don't like walking or public transport thrn i think you should keep looking.

well, during the time I stayed there were loads of teenagers doing a camping thing I suppose I need to took a queue when hving breakfast..

• 5th May 2014
  • China

I read the reviews in advance and was a little leery. Thus, I was really surprised at how great it was. Maybe I've have bad luck or people have high expectations but I have stayed in many hostels and this is top tier. Staff helped me over 5 times, the bar area is cool, the rooms (albeit in a different building) were fine, and it's located only 15 minutes walk from the heart of the city. Would stay again, quite the deal.

• 2nd May 2014

Hi Thanks for your comment, it shows that comments are sometimes exagerated, and can ruin the effort of the staff. We're glad you had a nice stay with us.

Keep looking

The bathroom was just terrible. Not very clean and horrible shower

Staff was really helpful, hostel was a 15 min walk from the Grand Place, but the only big problem is that it doesnt have lockers. I'd love to see them add this feauture.

nice place with friendly staff. lack in plugs and towels.

Hostel is all right, nothing special but okay if you're just on a city trip and offers the basics you need. Breakfast is good though and was for free.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »