Youth Hostel Veli Losinj Reviews

Kaciol 4, 51551 Veli Losinj, Losinj island, Veli Losinj, Croatia

Fabulous hostel. The staff are lovely. Extremely helpful. Enjoyable sitting out on the terrace for breakfast. Would recommend this hostel. Some signage at the bottom of the stairs next to the church would be helpful.

Nice hostel and also the only one on the Island :-) Lots of rooms which are big enough and clean. There's a large open terrace on the ground floor to enjoy the nice included breakfast or to socialize. Only minor is that the WIFI only works in rooms close to the reception or on the terrace. But mid-september seems a calm period here, Katarina and Sean let me choose my room so the WIFI wasn't an issue to me. They are a really nice and interesting couple, very friendly & helpful. Thank you! :-)

We are not the only hostel on the island, but we are for sure the only REAL HOSTEL on the island. Thank you for good grades, we're happy to help you're stay to be pleasant and active... Hope to meet you again :-) Genieten van de oevers van de Adriatische Zee en het Nationaal Park Krka... Groet!

Fantastic value for money - I wasn't expecting breakfast to be included in the price as well! Really friendly hostel and atmospheric building. Wish I could have stayed longer, but had to go home to England.

• 17th May 2015
  • Equatorial Guinea

Thank you for nice review, we'll be happy to have you back here some other time :-)

Great location, really nice and helpful staff. The only major drawback is that there is no kitchen to cook food in. Otherwise everything is great!

Very friendly staff - I was made to feel most welcome. I even got a packed breakfast as I checked out at 4am

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • South Africa

Thank you for your nice comment. It was pleasure to have you here, hopefully we'll see you again...

Had booked 2 nights here ended up staying 4. The danger is that you could wind up calling it home. It has a great welcoming atmosphere with really friendly and helpful staff. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Only potential negative is 114 steps from the bottom to our room but at least we built some.muscle ;)

Dear Triona, Thank you for your nice review, we also enjoyed you staying here, being so patient with all those steps :) Hopefully we'll see you again... YHVL staff

We were really happy with our hostel choice! Staff was superfriendly and helpful - they made a great effort to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Our room and the bathrooms were spotless - everything was fine! The building itself is really nice for a hostel as well - there is a balcony and a terrace that can be used by the guests. Breakfast is included as well (though it's a bit early (8.30h-10h)).

Great hostel. The location right in the little harbour by the church is superb. The outside eating area/bar was great for socializing. Clean and comfortable...but most of all the warm and friendly staff made this place. When I wanted to stay another night they gladly found me a place just a few steps away. in my Top 5 in Croatia for sure and the island was unforgettable.

Nice hostel located right near town and near beach. staff were helpful and gave all the info i required for a pleasant stay. stayed in july when was ultra hot but think rooms werent too bad. would stay here again as only cheap accomodation around for solo travellers.

yh veli losinj - the staff & location - went above and beyond my expectations! accommodation was super; and the staff ensured that my stay was enjoyable (even when it rained). i would love to keep this place a secret but it is worth spreading the news, and therefore would highly recommend!

The Hostel itself was great and so was the Fermale manager. I stayed in Veli for 8 days but found all the rest of the staff were not friendly at all!

Great place with everything you need. Although bring your earplugs because they pump out music in the bar downstairs until midnight every night. Lots of noise and very hard to sleep.

Very nice hostel in a great location on the harbor. Very good staff (made a great recommendation for dinner) and very nice cafe/ bar terrace. Internet not functioning while I was there made it inconvenient for me.