Youth Hostel Villa Camerata Reviews

V.le A.Righi 2-4 50137 Florence, Florence, Italy

Everything was actually way better than we have expected. We had no problems whatsoever with the staff, they were really nice, even though we thought they will be horrible after having read the reviews. Breakfast was great, we had fresh bread, lots of different jams, orange juice and great coffee. But I have to say that our satisfaction is probably due to our not so high expectations. The critic is that there is no night piece, we had cramped schedule and wanted to get some sleep and couldn't.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

Pros Free breakfast (pretty basic: bread and cereal) Pretty building on the outside Nice surrounding Nice outside space Far cheaper than other options in Florence Cons Long walk from centre (over an hour , recommend taking bus or train) No lockers for luggage Old sockets in room, had to charge phone downstairs in the lobby Bathrooms in need of refurbishment

Beautiful location although it's quite a walk along a track from the main road so may not suit everyone especially if you have heavy luggage. Friendly guests who chatted and got to know each other.

1. The price is actually higher as written on the web - there's fee for the city. 2. The staff by paying said three different amounts to pay. 3. The hostel is very noisy - ALL doors in it close loughtly and there are many school groups chating and scriming the whole night under the windows and in the hostel. 4. You have to go to different floor on the toilet. 5. Cars and buses from parking fill with smoke the room as they are directly under it. 6. There are no lockers.

The only negative thing for me was the long lonely road that I had to pass, from the bus to the hostel. During the day it's alright of course, but in the dark I felt a little inconvenient.

• 7th Jun 2015

location wasn't terrible, but it is a long hike uphill with all your luggage. The staff at reception were rude and uninterested. Bathrooms always seemed dirty. No lockers for security.

This is not a place for young travellers, it is a family oriented campground on the edge of town about a 20 minute bus ride from all the action. We also heard the complaint of one father about a rat infestation problem on the campgrounds which campers may want to be aware of. (We were in the hostel part and so didn't worry). The building itself is outwardly beautiful and very old and dated on the inside. Not the worst place to stay but for a young backpacker there are more exciting places.

• 29th May 2015

This hostel was the cheapest I could find on short notice. The location is definitely surrounded by a park and felt like a small mansion. The washrooms weren't clean. WiFi was diffult to connect to even in common breakfast room. I didn't rate security highly, because it seemed the staff wasn't attentive about who entered the hostel because their front desk is blocked by cubicle boards. They provided a decent variety in breakfast though.

This is a good hostel for staying a few days.

Disgustingly filthy, never again! Wouldn't recommend to my worst nightmare! Vile

The highs: very clean, beautiful facilities, wifi usually worked. The lows: no security, far from everything, and bad neighbors. For instance, the hostel was invaded by a horde of obnoxious Irish schoolgirls while I was there. Apparently there are no age restrictions.

No charging facilities in the room so everyone must gather in reception. No lockable cabinets for luggage in the rooms. Very echoing rooms. Dirty bathroom. Staff unhelpful apart from the odd exception. Self Service cooking facilities is all of a microwave. The bar is less than impressive. This is just a desk with alcohol nowhere to sit an soak up the actually beautiful grounds. Alot of potential here in the right hands.

Maybe we didn't look enough about the hostel but it clearly wasn't what we expected. It was some camping hostel about 5 minutes to the north-east of the city. It was far, we didn't meet a lot of people and for some reason, they gave us the last chamber at the end of the hostel (missed some lights, it was actually scary to go there). The staff looked annoyed. It was not that good.

More outlets in the wall or an extended power bar would be good because there is not enough for each person to charge one thing even. Our room had many extra blankets which was good for when it was cold at night. Directions to the bus that we were given were vague and we spent a long time trying to find where we were. Make sure that you can walk with all your things up the long driveway. It was great to be able to stay in a villa!

It was a nice hostel, good for money. A little out of Florence but easy to get to but a long driveway to walk up. It was clean and the area surrounding was lovely. Halls do echo though and there was only one powerpoint in a bedroom for 7 people which was full most if the time. The only kitchen facility accessable was a microwave. There is a fantastic restaurant at the end of the drive that do take away which we ended up really needing.

Positive aspects: building and location are beautiful. The place is quiet. Free breakfast (Bu it's a very simple one) negative: unfriendly staff (one or two exceptions) location is far, they over charge: when I made the reservation here it said it included the taxes but when I got there they charged 1.5 Per night plus 2 euros per night for a hostel whatever card. bed was uncomfortable. No lockers. they close the showers from 1 am to 2 pm. Honestly I don't recommend. I won't be back.

It was so crazy being able to stay in a Villa with such history! The inside and the lands surrounding it were beautiful and fun to walk around in. I had a great stay of three nights with no issues with facilities, theft, or sleeping arrangements. My only complaints would be that the breakfast selection was lacking. Also, They house such a shear amount of people that I don't understand why their fares can't be cheaper. But I am not a business owner nor their accountant, so yeah.

the woman at the desk was quite rude, we asked for some information because she didn't tell us anything at all (the basic one, like how to get to the centre, where to take the bus). Also, she said that she didn'thave change so we were forced to pay all together or with the card, which is unacceptable because hostels are usually where large groups stay, they should accept separate payments. Not complaining about the simple structure and lack of facilities, just the atmosphere was unpleasant.

Very dirty Palace, I have ordered a room for 2 and they put us on a room for 4 very unconfortable. If you pay more you expect to ha e a little bit more of conforte. The pillows look like rocks, the shower is very poor also so we decided to leave the place 1 night before because it was impossible to stay there. Beautiful place but needs better care.

The hostel was far from the center of Florence, and the bus tickets were hard to find. In addition, the evening buses stop running at 9:30. The hostel safe was unresponsive and not helpful in the least. The whole place smelled weird, it was clear the blankets had not been cleaned in years, and the bathrooms were without soap. Over all the atmosphere was that of a haunted hostel that time forgot. We had to pay for towels too, which I though was stupid.

• 30th Mar 2015