Youth Hostel Villa Camerata Reviews

V.le A.Righi 2-4 50137 Florence, Florence, Italy

The people at reception seemed angry whenever I asked a question. I left with bed bug bites, there is no kitchen, wouldn't even boil some hot water for me so I could have tea. Stay here at your own peril.

• 20th Sep 2014

Quite OK, Old Building, Old facilities, old beds but it's okay for one or two nights. Breakfast is included, it's just bread and jam, it's okay... if I would just stay for a day or two I might come again.

All in all good but for me to far out of the city. You almost need a car or bike otherwise its always a long way in and out and a lot of walking...

Mosquitos, people threat you very badly, noise, no locker, in the middle of nowhere

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

It was a nice stay in this hotel, the dormitory, showers, toilets,... were clean. The breakfast is quite basic but it was perfect to me (no salt meals). The wifi works only at the reception, which is a manner to connect with new people as everybody come at that place to have wifi. Otherwise the personal was impolite and not friendly. The hotel is located a bit far from the city center but we had a car so no problem for us.

The WiFi didn't work properly, which was very anoying, since it's one of the reasons i booked the hostel.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Denmark

was an awesome place to stay except the stairs !

Its quite far away, expect many taxi fares!

It was cheap for Florence, but the location was far from the city. And there were lots of mosquitoes!

This hostel is so far away from the city centre... So so far. Also the wifi was AWFUL, I asked the staff when it would be fixed (because I needed to book for the next day) and they told me that maybe I should consider booking things before the night before. (Obviously they don't know how backpackers do their trips quite often.) The staff was less than unhelpful and I left with over 30 mosquito bites. So if you're up for a hike to the hostel, love Mosquitos and no internet this is the place!

Didn't know you have to sign up for youth hostel or can't stay. They won't let you just pay the extra money and not sign up. Cool it's in a forest etc, bit if a hike up the hill from the bus stop, nice change from being in a city though.

The hostel is located some distance from the city center, however bus connections from the train station are good and it is a nice and quite place while you're in Florence.

Lovely secluded location but with easy transport links to the centre of Florence; a very well run establishment at a very reasonable price. Thanks

Very good option! Is outside the touristic zone, but is very easy to find and the place is amazing. The breakfast is free! but it can be better.

We chose this hostel because of the parking, the location is a bit outside the centre, walking took us 50 minutes, bus around 20. The room we stayed in was a dorm next to the toilets and you could hear every flush, which disturbed us. The sockets in the room wouldn't work for the hair dryer. The sockets have a switch and when using my German hair dryer, the plug would always switch off the electricity, so it needed two persons for that. Breakfast was ok, bread, jam and tea. Beautiful building.

• 25th May 2014

Hostel is almost 5km from city centre

It was the cheapest in Florence when we booked it. It's outside the city, you must take the bus to get there. There is less bus on Sundays. The sign indicate camping, so yes, it is in a camping. The doors make a lot of noise.. And no real locker, even the rooms door are not always locked, depends of your roommates. But overall it's good for the price and breakfast is include. Ps: separate rooms for girls and boys.. A bit strange.

Kind of far away from the center. The staff was rude and didnt seem to care about us. An interesting experience, beautiful place and breakfast was included.