Youth Hostel Villa Camerata Reviews

V.le A.Righi 2-4 50137 Florence, Florence, Italy

This is a good hostel for staying a few days.

• 22nd May 2015

Disgustingly filthy, never again! Wouldn't recommend to my worst nightmare! Vile

The highs: very clean, beautiful facilities, wifi usually worked. The lows: no security, far from everything, and bad neighbors. For instance, the hostel was invaded by a horde of obnoxious Irish schoolgirls while I was there. Apparently there are no age restrictions.

No charging facilities in the room so everyone must gather in reception. No lockable cabinets for luggage in the rooms. Very echoing rooms. Dirty bathroom. Staff unhelpful apart from the odd exception. Self Service cooking facilities is all of a microwave. The bar is less than impressive. This is just a desk with alcohol nowhere to sit an soak up the actually beautiful grounds. Alot of potential here in the right hands.

More outlets in the wall or an extended power bar would be good because there is not enough for each person to charge one thing even. Our room had many extra blankets which was good for when it was cold at night. Directions to the bus that we were given were vague and we spent a long time trying to find where we were. Make sure that you can walk with all your things up the long driveway. It was great to be able to stay in a villa!

It was a nice hostel, good for money. A little out of Florence but easy to get to but a long driveway to walk up. It was clean and the area surrounding was lovely. Halls do echo though and there was only one powerpoint in a bedroom for 7 people which was full most if the time. The only kitchen facility accessable was a microwave. There is a fantastic restaurant at the end of the drive that do take away which we ended up really needing.

• 16th Apr 2015

Positive aspects: building and location are beautiful. The place is quiet. Free breakfast (Bu it's a very simple one) negative: unfriendly staff (one or two exceptions) location is far, they over charge: when I made the reservation here it said it included the taxes but when I got there they charged 1.5 Per night plus 2 euros per night for a hostel whatever card. bed was uncomfortable. No lockers. they close the showers from 1 am to 2 pm. Honestly I don't recommend. I won't be back.

It was so crazy being able to stay in a Villa with such history! The inside and the lands surrounding it were beautiful and fun to walk around in. I had a great stay of three nights with no issues with facilities, theft, or sleeping arrangements. My only complaints would be that the breakfast selection was lacking. Also, They house such a shear amount of people that I don't understand why their fares can't be cheaper. But I am not a business owner nor their accountant, so yeah.

the woman at the desk was quite rude, we asked for some information because she didn't tell us anything at all (the basic one, like how to get to the centre, where to take the bus). Also, she said that she didn'thave change so we were forced to pay all together or with the card, which is unacceptable because hostels are usually where large groups stay, they should accept separate payments. Not complaining about the simple structure and lack of facilities, just the atmosphere was unpleasant.

Very dirty Palace, I have ordered a room for 2 and they put us on a room for 4 very unconfortable. If you pay more you expect to ha e a little bit more of conforte. The pillows look like rocks, the shower is very poor also so we decided to leave the place 1 night before because it was impossible to stay there. Beautiful place but needs better care.

The hostel was far from the center of Florence, and the bus tickets were hard to find. In addition, the evening buses stop running at 9:30. The hostel safe was unresponsive and not helpful in the least. The whole place smelled weird, it was clear the blankets had not been cleaned in years, and the bathrooms were without soap. Over all the atmosphere was that of a haunted hostel that time forgot. We had to pay for towels too, which I though was stupid.

• 30th Mar 2015

The worst experience I've ever had!! The bathroom on the floor was so dirty and stinked terribly! The bunk beds are so uncomfortable, your head will necessarily be hit when you're getting up on the bottom bed. The staff wasn't much friendly! I was made to buy a Hostel International Membership card for 4 euros which I didn't even get in the end!

The hostel is situated a bit off the centre of Florence, but there are buses running till midnight which get you to the gate of the hostel. However, from the gate to the actual hostel is a fair hike. Maybe around 600m. The breakfast was okay, nothing special. The boys showers and toilets are only on first floor and girls on the ground which maybe a pain. The showers have no doors just curtain, which for me was annoying.

Cons ; a little bit far from the center (about 20 minutes by bus)/ there is a fee(2 euro per night) if you do not have a membership for this hostel/ I think it would be hard to get to hostel if you have a heavy carrier (the road is uneven)////// Pros ; quiet place/ staffs are nice and kind/ breakfast is nice/ there are vending machines and TV in the hall/ facilities are clean/ bathroom is big

It is really far away from the city center. There are 2 buses that goes to the hostel. One of them works only workdays until 21:30. the other one works everyday until approximately 01:00. The bus journey takes about 20-25 minutes. After getting off from the bus, regarding the one you take, you need to walk between 400-900 meters in order to reach to the hostel. As we arrived there, there was a problem with the wifi connection and they didn't bother doing anything to solve it.Other than that OK

Nice place but far of the center... Anyways have a nice breakfast and the weather into the bedrooms were very nice.

我到的时候傍晚,天已经黑了。这家宾馆在一个园林的山丘上,十分阴森恐怖,就像女巫的住处一样。我打电话让宾馆人下来接,他态度非常差,说不可能。我到了宾馆,他也没给我好脸色,板着臭脸。没有厨房。是教堂改造的,一个房间8人,只有2个电源插孔。房间里没有wifi。离市区很远,必须坐车,在公交车上买票2欧一张。

• 26th Dec 2014
  • China

It was good but a little far from entrance to building.