Youth Hostel Villa Camerata Reviews

V.le A.Righi 2-4 50137 Florence, Florence, Italy

Very dirty Palace, I have ordered a room for 2 and they put us on a room for 4 very unconfortable. If you pay more you expect to ha e a little bit more of conforte. The pillows look like rocks, the shower is very poor also so we decided to leave the place 1 night before because it was impossible to stay there. Beautiful place but needs better care.

The hostel was far from the center of Florence, and the bus tickets were hard to find. In addition, the evening buses stop running at 9:30. The hostel safe was unresponsive and not helpful in the least. The whole place smelled weird, it was clear the blankets had not been cleaned in years, and the bathrooms were without soap. Over all the atmosphere was that of a haunted hostel that time forgot. We had to pay for towels too, which I though was stupid.

• 30th Mar 2015

The worst experience I've ever had!! The bathroom on the floor was so dirty and stinked terribly! The bunk beds are so uncomfortable, your head will necessarily be hit when you're getting up on the bottom bed. The staff wasn't much friendly! I was made to buy a Hostel International Membership card for 4 euros which I didn't even get in the end!

The hostel is situated a bit off the centre of Florence, but there are buses running till midnight which get you to the gate of the hostel. However, from the gate to the actual hostel is a fair hike. Maybe around 600m. The breakfast was okay, nothing special. The boys showers and toilets are only on first floor and girls on the ground which maybe a pain. The showers have no doors just curtain, which for me was annoying.

Cons ; a little bit far from the center (about 20 minutes by bus)/ there is a fee(2 euro per night) if you do not have a membership for this hostel/ I think it would be hard to get to hostel if you have a heavy carrier (the road is uneven)////// Pros ; quiet place/ staffs are nice and kind/ breakfast is nice/ there are vending machines and TV in the hall/ facilities are clean/ bathroom is big

1 2 Next » last »