Youth Hostel Villa Marija Reviews

Lucije Rudan 7, Hvar, Croatia

Hostel was loads of fun only downfall was the walk up the hill with our bags - if I had known I probably would've gotten a taxi. Although we had to be out by 10.30, everyone gathered together outside to go to a pub crawl and this gave us the chance to get to know other people in the hostel

• 24th Aug 2015

The hostel is nice, a lot of people and easy to meet them because of a nice terrace. However they have a pool that nobody went in because it was dirty

The location is really bad! The environment is nice but it is really hard to sleep because everyone is very noisy getting back to the hostel in the middle of the night. Me and my friend stayed in the private ensuite room and it was in the building in front of the hostel. The room has nothing to do with the pictures, no AC, no fan and the linen were very itchy, smelly and old. The staff was super nice and very helpful!

The pool was very dirty our entire stay that you could not swim in it. We were told that it is common that the pool is in that condition. Also wifi was not the best. However, the staff were wonderful and very friendly and the bar crawl at night was a lot of fun!

We were 5 girls and stayed for 2 nights in a 6 bed room. The atmosphere is great! The receptionnist very nice and helpful. The sheets were changed every night. The only thing is that the hostel is up on the hill which is good for a nice view and to see another part of the town but a little long according to us

We really enjoyed staying here. We made some really good friends and had an amazing time.

The staff was more than friendly. Upon check-in, they gave us so many suggestions of bongs to do and knew the details about the time and price of them. The patio was amazing with long patio table for everyone to meet other people. There's a nightly bar crawl that starts there so you have a strong point and a group of people to go out with. The hike from the harbor to the hostel with a suitcase is rough, but walking to and from normally isn't so bad. I loved this hostel and everything in Hvar.

The day staff are amazing and very helpful! The beds are comfy and the rooms are all well equipped! There's a great outside area to chill as well! But the pool was filthy and the guy who works the night shift was very rude which was such a shame as the rest of the staff are brilliant! It's definitely worth getting a taxi to the hostel if u have heavy bags as it's a steep up hill climb to get to!

Had a really great time there. Very friendly staff and nice facilities. Great place to meet new people and party.

This is definitely a party hostel, as is all of Hvar! Will meet lots of other staying at the hostel every night with the pre-bar games and the pub crawl. My room had two private bathrooms and it's own kitchen and 4 bunk beds (8 people). The sleeping area was small and crowded with bags but your never in there except sleeping. Wifi only works by the reception and common outside area, no wifi in my room. They have storage lockers but too small to fit bags. Quite a walk uphill to get to.

Great hostel and friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Hvar

This is a great place to meet people as they have a massive terrace where people are often drinking outside to start their night. Staff were nice, facilities were clean and they provide 24 hour security. The location is quite far from the happening areas of Hvar and it is all uphill. I booked a room of 4 and paid 340 kuna a night which is expensive for what you get. Rooms and beds are tiny! I barely had any space to put my luggage. I wouldn't go back for that reason.

The staff is really cool, vet nice and super helpful

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Very friendly and helpful staff! Great atmosphere day & night. Will definitely be coming back one day.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Great if you want to meet people and go out for drinks

Fantastic, friendly and accommodating staff!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Best atmosphere of all the hostels I have stayed at!

Excellent hostel on a absolutely gorgeous island. Great design and very clean. The Lady and Gentleman on reception were very helpful can not compliment them enough, after turning up very late at night they were able to sort me out very quickly and get me into my room despite a few problems (my own doing). Also had no problem with me printing out my Ultra Beach ticket 30 mins before setting off for it, just brilliant in every aspect. Amazing atmosphere and good location. BEYOND SATISFIED! Ryan C

Wifi didn't work all the time and kitchen wasn't that great, but it was super clean and staff was super great. A bit far from town, but a place I would recommend. Expensive but this is how Hvar is. Good place!

Really lovely hostel! The staff were really friendly and helpful.

• 9th Jul 2015