Youth Hostel Villa Marija Reviews

Lucije Rudan 7, Hvar, Croatia

Excellent hostel on a absolutely gorgeous island. Great design and very clean. The Lady and Gentleman on reception were very helpful can not compliment them enough, after turning up very late at night they were able to sort me out very quickly and get me into my room despite a few problems (my own doing). Also had no problem with me printing out my Ultra Beach ticket 30 mins before setting off for it, just brilliant in every aspect. Amazing atmosphere and good location. BEYOND SATISFIED! Ryan C

Wifi didn't work all the time and kitchen wasn't that great, but it was super clean and staff was super great. A bit far from town, but a place I would recommend. Expensive but this is how Hvar is. Good place!

Really lovely hostel! The staff were really friendly and helpful.

• 9th Jul 2015

This was a great hostel! Very clean and the staff was awesome. I liked the kitchen set ups in my room, plus a common kitchen too. Very easy to meet people and pretty well located, although if you don't like hills/stairs you may want to opt for something a little closer to the center. Only problem for me was the wifi was pretty bad most the time and it didn't reach to my room, otherwise I'd recommend this place!

A fantastic, friendly atmosphere in a beautiful setting. It's a great place to meet lots of people and the staff were so welcoming and accommodating! Would recommend it to anyone and I would definitely go back. A fabulous week and wonderful company.

• 4th Jul 2015

This hostel is great! the ubication is not the best but you can still get to the city center walking in 15 minutes. The rooms have AC so that is perfect for the summer. The staff is great, they also promote drinking games at night and they all together go to pubcrawl. The wifi is not the best, but you are not there for using wifi. I recommend it.

Everything was perfect about this hostel! One of the best hostel of my trip so far and I have been travelling for the past 3 months. I had the best time ever and I would definitly go back one dAy! Best place to meet people :)

The location was far from city centre but closeish to some nice beaches. Staff were good but it's definitely a party hostel so if you would rather relax and take it easy then not for you. The kitchen was good but no labels on the food so not guaranteed that someone won't take it.

Great hostel for youth backpackers!

Heard about Villa Marija through a friend and so glad we decided to stay here! Great vibe, clean rooms/ bathrooms. We were in the apartments just beside the hostel which was great as it was a little quieter. The staff are really friendly and get you socialising at night. Bit of a hike to get up to this hostel from the port so definitely recommend taking a taxi!

This is my second time at this hostel and it's safe to say that I love it. Staff are great, rooms clean, beds comfy and terrace is a bonus! Great location with beach, town and supermarket 5 mins away. I hope to be back in the future!

We stayed at a private room for one night. The staff are so friendly and helpful. They organize pub crawl and gives you all the information you need about Hvar. There is a beautiful beach 15 mins away. They also encourage you to play games or get to know other guests at the hostel.

This hostel was fantastic. I traveled with one friend and we intended on spending only one night in Hvar but after sitting down with members of the staff and talking about Hvar, we knew we had to stay longer. This hostel is clean, safe and beautiful, with fantastic staff that want to help in every way possible. Johnny is amazing and takes you out to downtown Hvar every night, where he gets you free shots, drink deals and shows you all around Hvar. Book ahead of time to make sure you get a spot!

An incredible hostel, the terrace makes it so easy to meet other people before going out in the evening, and the bar crawl organised by the hostel is great too. When you arrive a member of staff gives you a map and talks through all the best things to do in Hvar, with all of the opening times and prices which was so helpful. The rooms are really clean and small climb up to the hostel is so worth it for the views. The best atmosphere, and I wouldn't wish to stay anywhere else!

• 20th Jun 2015

20 min walk to everything, good social hostel. Great private rooms.

Excellent hostel

Awesome staff that are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is located just a short walk away from the main city center. If you are looking to a fun hostel to party at, this is the place for you.

We stayed in a private room over the road from the main hostel building, The room was very clean with good facilities, balcony and bathroom. The main hostel was lively during the evening but was fine with us being over the road. The hostel was quite far to walk to and from Hvar town and uphill all the way but was okay once we had found the place and done the walk a couple of times. The staff were very friendly and helpful

Had a great stay of 10 days here (extended an extra week). This hostel is really great. Amazing staff, great vibe at night, relaxed in the day, great food downstairs for cheap. Location wise it is close to a really nice relaxed beach and a market. Beds were comfy, kept very clean. I'll be back if I am in Hvar again someday. Cory

I absolutely loved this hostel, we stayed in the 6 bed dorm and had a balcony with a dope view of the water. The environment is awesome and it was super easy to meet people. It's a 10 minute walk from the center but if you take the stairs it's not so bad. They keep the rooms very clean which is also good. The only letdown was the wifi, which was really poor at times and you often have to switch between the different wifis they have. Other than that I would totally recommend!