Youth Hostel Villa Marija Reviews

Lucije Rudan 7, Hvar, Croatia

We enjoyed our stay here- the room was nice and they have a great deck for hanging out on. The staff was super helpful and gave us a rundown of everything to see and do in Hvar and were there to answer all our questions. Location is pretty good, it's a short walk downhill to town and there's a beach and a market nearby. Little bit of a hike coming back from town though, I'd recommend finding a taxi if you have bags. Overall it was a great place to stay and a great value.

The hostel was very nice, with two kitchen and a swimming pool! The only downside is its location, you have to walk 15 minutes on a hill to get there.

I have stayed in many hostels, and this was by far one of the best. The rooms were very clean and had everything you needed, a hairdryer was available from the reception as well. We stayed in a 2 bed private room, and to my surprise, this came with a balcony which had views of the islands. The staff and the guests at the hostel were very friendly and made our stay highly enjoyable.

• 15th Sep 2015

The hotel is really uphill so you need to be prepared for a good walk and lots of stairs. My room was the Orange Twin Bed with a very nice view from the balcony. One problem that really pissed me was the fact that our boiler was shared with the 3 bedroom dorm next to us and one day they turned it off and I had no access to hot water. Also, one boiler for 5 people was really problematic. Despite that, the staff is friendly, the common area is very good and is a nice place to stay.

• 11th Sep 2015

The best: -Security -Really well equipped kitchen - Nice staff (although, we only talked with one guy, who was really helpful). The worst: - I like to cook my breakfast, but you can only use the kitchen since 8:30 am, so it was impossible to me to cook, because I left the hostel at 8am. - The room was not suitable for 6 beds. It was way to small. So small that I needed to sleep with the luggage...in my own bed!! Not acceptable, at all! - The pool was filthy

This hostel was awesome! A little bit of a walk uphill and heaps of stairs from the main part of town but not a major disadvantage. The staff are the best, always so helpful and so friendly. A pretty good atmosphere on the outdoor terrace up the top, and kitchens in each dorm which is so, so convenient. Definitely recommend

A very nice option in Hvar, specially of you are looking to meet people and hang out! The place is clean and extremely well kept, with a nice terrace and close to the beach. The old town is about a 15min walk, but not a big issue. And even it's a "party hostel" they have a strict silence policy at night, so nobody will disturb you in case you need a good night of sleep!

Amazing place, such a social hostel, great fun and no complaints. Thank you villa marija!

• 1st Sep 2015

LOVED it! I will be back :)

THE STAFF HERE WERE EXCELLENT....

• 30th Aug 2015

Really fun being around several other travelers down on the terrace/pool area. Fairly close walk to the beach and city center. The only complaint would be very slow, unreliable internet.

Hostel was loads of fun only downfall was the walk up the hill with our bags - if I had known I probably would've gotten a taxi. Although we had to be out by 10.30, everyone gathered together outside to go to a pub crawl and this gave us the chance to get to know other people in the hostel

• 24th Aug 2015

This hostel was clean and the staff was very enthusiastic and helpful. It's uphill from the city center so carrying your bag to the hostel is a little unpleasant but a great workout. There was a great common area on the outside patio. The keypad to enter the rooms was very convenient. I had a great time here.

Nice hostel! The girl helping with the check-ins on reception was really friendly and lovely. The rooms were fine, a bit small given the number of beds squashed in, but clean and neat/tidy and the staff checked them everyday (perhaps a few times per day) to make sure they were still clean. Location wasn't great, especially lugging a heavy backpack up a hill, but if you would like a quieter location it's fine. It's only about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the main area.

The Hostel staff were really helpful at all times. Unfortunately the cleanliness of the place could have been better and although there is a pool on the premises it was FILTHY! The hostel is a decent hike away from any of the beaches so it would have been nice to have a clean useable pool to cool off in after all the stairs. They may as well not even have the pool and just have more patio space.

The hostel is nice, a lot of people and easy to meet them because of a nice terrace. However they have a pool that nobody went in because it was dirty

The location is really bad! The environment is nice but it is really hard to sleep because everyone is very noisy getting back to the hostel in the middle of the night. Me and my friend stayed in the private ensuite room and it was in the building in front of the hostel. The room has nothing to do with the pictures, no AC, no fan and the linen were very itchy, smelly and old. The staff was super nice and very helpful!

Thanks for your feedback.You've booked Budget Double-the cheapest available private room. Air conditioning is provided in every room, including yours but it seems the only problem was that you didn't know how to turn it on. All the rooms has been newly renovated just before the beginning of the summer so your comments doesn't make much sense. However, checking your comments for other hostels you were staying at, we can come up with conclusion that nothing is good enough for you. Happy travelling

The pool was very dirty our entire stay that you could not swim in it. We were told that it is common that the pool is in that condition. Also wifi was not the best. However, the staff were wonderful and very friendly and the bar crawl at night was a lot of fun!

As we already apologised upon your check in and explained you, the problem with the pool was in a cleaning filter system that has been broken. We were waiting to be fixed right at the time of your stay with us. Fortunately, we managed to fix it so the swimming pool is now again available for use. Once more, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

We were 5 girls and stayed for 2 nights in a 6 bed room. The atmosphere is great! The receptionnist very nice and helpful. The sheets were changed every night. The only thing is that the hostel is up on the hill which is good for a nice view and to see another part of the town but a little long according to us

amazing staff