Youth Hostel Villa Marija Reviews

Lucije Rudan 7, Hvar, Croatia

WOW - What a hostel. As a keen traveller I have stayed in lots of hostels, and Villa Marija was by far the best one so far in the "Adriatic Leg" of my Euro trip. It is most definitely value for money, so clean, such high standards. The staff were excellent - they suggested what to do with my time in Hvar and were ever so friendly and keen to help me with any issues. I felt safe and comfortable in the hostel. The terrace provides the opportunity for a great atmosphere, lots of people to meet!

This is by far the best hostel we have stayed in! We had a private twin room with en-suite and couldnt fault it at all! Very clean and comfortable, felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, when we arrived they had cold water waiting for you! (very nice after carrying our cases from the port!) atmosphere was good and they arrange a bar crawl every night after 10:30! Would highly recommend hiring boats through them, cheap and a great day visiting beaches!

• 16th Sep 2014

It was everything awesome. Staff were friendly and gave some tips about the island. The location is good, near a beautiful beach, however, you have to climb some hills to arrive there. The room was excellent, with a well equipped kitchen. It is also a good place to meet new people.

Bathroom could be better in my opinion.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Very nice hostel great set up nice staff highly recommend it

I cannot stress enough what a brilliant hostel this is. The staff are so lovely and helpful, on our arrival we were lucky enough for the hostel owner to pick us up from the ferry port and we were allowed to use the hostel facilities straight away despite checking in earlier than planned. The location is ideal as it is near the most beautiful beach on the island yet still close enough to all the bars etc. We were made to feel so welcome for our week there and I would definitely stay again!

• 9th Sep 2014

Very good atmosphere, specially if you're looking for parties and meet people. I recommend!

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Helpful staff, comfy beds, lovely terrace, beatiful view from my room and what else do you need?! I had the time of my life!!! I will DEFINITELY come back! Thank you Villa Marija!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Good stay, we had a kitchen in our room and it was annoying we couldn't use that at all! Good outdoor facilities!! When we were there it rained very heavily, there is only outdoor communal facilities apart from a very small kitchen so we were confined to our room! However all of the other times the outside bit made a great place to meet people!!

Nice hostel with all the makings of being a great hostel but was let down on a lot of things. Slightly out of town which is not a problem, nice big terrace for eating, drinking and meeting people which was really good. No common room for poor weather means having to hang out in rooms or the (very small) kitchen when raining. No system for labelling food in fridge means there is no room for food and half of it has gone off. The beds are squeezed into tiny rooms. Staff try hard though.

Thought the staff were lovely and the cold water on arrival was great! There were good facilities (ie kitchen, swimming pool) but I was only in Hvar for one day so it wasn't very handy - quite a long uphill walk from city centre. Receptionist was so soo helpful with restaurants/ night out/ supermarkets/ basically everything ! So couldn't have asked for anything better - just wish we had expected the 20min walk from town .

• 31st Aug 2014

We had a great time here at Villa Marija. We were welcomed by the friendliest staff who gave us maps and all the info we would need to know about the island! We had a 3 bed deluxe room with a private balcony area at the top which was great. It's an easy location to walk into town and right near the supermarket etc. All round we had a great time here!

• 29th Aug 2014

Villa Marija is the best place to stay if you're out for partying. Every night the whole group leaves for the bars together, which was really nice. also the staff guys who accompanied us did a great job. This makes up for the fact that the location is not very central! The only thing that was extreemely annoying was the alarm on our door. even though we complained a few times, they only put new batteries in it after 3 days, that thing was going crazy.... Other than that, nice stay.