Youth Hostel Villa Marija Reviews

Lucije Rudan 7, Hvar, Croatia

Very far from anything, nothing to do in the hostel area, useless kitchenette, socializing is not optimal as the guests tend to be drunken or in bed most of the time, lockers have no key nor code. I found it too pricey for the location and facilities, and geared towards very young people. Stay away unless you plan to get drunk every night.

• 22nd Aug 2014

We spent 2 nights in this hostel during our stay in Hvar. It is a little far if you have heavy luggage (around 20 minutes from the Port), but without luggage it takes around 15 minutes. The first night was absolutely amazing, Lucy was very helpful on giving us local information, and all the guests were gathered at the amazing terrace, pre-drinking before hitting the clubs. I recommend it, though if you're looking not to party and want to hang out at the hostel, this hostel is not for you.

Very noisy party location which is very hard to reach on the top of a steep hill. No security, everyone could enter the crowded terrace at any time. Far away from the center and the harbour. Although there is a small pool (you don't really need on an island!) it is too expensive with 40€ per night in my eyes.

Really Nice staff and place to meet each other, great parties every nights !

Bit of a walk from town but can be good as its quitter and close to one of the beaches. Great lounging areas out in the sun and the pool was a great hangover cure!

Cool Hostel in Hvar. Great rooms and all diff types. Location is a 10 min walk to city centre but also 10 min from the best beach in Hvar. Cool Pregame every night is chill and a great way to meet travelers. Place was clean and staff was great. Perfect place to stay as long as you don't mind walking 10 min up hill to get here. Was booked for 4 nights but ended up staying 6 because it was so chill. Love Hvar. Make sure you visit Carpe Diem and Palmizana !

It was pricier than some others but the atmosphere and people we met there were really awesome so you are paying for social side of it. Location was up a rather steep hill (when you are dragging a suitcase up 100+ steps...it hurts.) A mirror in the bedroom would have been amazing. 6 girls in our dorm and one small mirror in the bathroom! Also, the shutters in our room didnt block out the morning light which was so annoying! Saying that, i would reccomend it happily and definitely stay again :)

• 10th Aug 2014

at 10pm we could only whisper. we couldnt drink at hostel as it s "against the law"...very clean place but a bit far from center. not sunday church picnic to get there

Super friendly and helpful to every extent possible with anything asked for.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The most wonderful people work at this Hostel. Unfortunately I lost my phone in Rome and I had the names of most of the staff written down but the names I do remember are Ivan and Lucy! Anything you need they got you covered :-) Same goes for the security staff, the cleaning staff, the bartenders, and of course Scott the Canadian party/tour guide of the nightlife! The hostel attracted mature guests aged 20-35, most of whom were in professional carriers and who were there on vacation.

• 6th Aug 2014

Perfect place to stay in Hvar, great location, staff is always here to help you. Super nice atmosphere with pre parties will all guests at the hostel. I will definitly go back there is I have the chance!!

Good hostel

A really great hostel. The staff were so friendly and helpful at all times. The terrace is a chilled out area where you have the opportunity to make new friends. I enjoyed my stay!

Had a great time here! Good atmosphere and good staff. The pool is a bit of a joke but didnt really matter when you are so close to a beautiful beach. You can't ask for more from a hostel.

Wow, I had a blast in this hostel, it has an enormous terrace and everyone gathers there, very much fun, its a hostel for parting although if you wanna chill it should be fine. Hvar is beautiful and it has so much nightlife you can't go wrong. The hostel is a bit far from the city harbour (where everything happens) and it s a long way up, like 15 blocks and climbing a while, which was a bummer but most hostels are at the same distance. I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

The staff were very welcoming, friendly offering tips on where to eat out, go partying, oferring take meal services or directions to local supermarket if needed. The hostel had a very well aranged and maintained open air terrace and small pool where residents could gather and socialise, particularly inthe evening creating a very sociable atmosphere.

Stayed at Villa Marija, and has been the best hostel experience I've had. The staff are very helpful, and the atmosphere is incredible, it's chilled but can turn into a party! Made friends for life here! The location is not central, about 15 minutes walk from the centre of hvar town but this compensates as the street is quiet, and boasts incredible sea views! Value for money here is great. All tidy and clean too. And security is great with lockers in each room! I would highly recommend this!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A good adress but rather expensive if you are looking for a private room on the island. You really can enjoy the ambiance if you are in your early 20s and looking for other party travellers. In our case, young couple searching for an authentic and cheap place to stay, it wasnt the best option. However, the room was very clean, we had a balcony with a ok view on the bay and the staff was very helpful at our arrival. They gave us many tips about nearby beaches and good place to eat on the island.

Dear Guest, I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay as you hopped. Our guests are not only young backpackers looking for party, we do get a large number of holidaymakers. Our hostel provides a high standard of accommodation,a place where guests are happy to stay for more than two to three nights in a dorm room, but for a week plus in a private room. If you were looking for a very cheap place to stay, the price of your room should be taken into consideration before the booking

The Hostel is really good! We had a great time and met plenty of people there. Awesome place to stay and close to a nice beach. The uphill walk is totally fine when you get used to it and gives you a great view of the island. The staff is nice and helpful! The room is good but can get quite warm in the night with the AC low (actually the only problem). Facilities are great and if you just want to chill in the hostel it is super cozy and sunny!

I only had the pleasure of staying 1 night. Place is out of the way up hill but such a nice relaxing hostel. Staff are very friendly and like the keypad locks. Have lockers in your room gets a little hot ac runs only limited time. If your looking to meet people and have fun definitely stay here. Terrace around 8 pm great time to meet people. Cool beach/island hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4