Youth Hostel Villa Marija Reviews

Lucije Rudan 7, Hvar, Croatia

I only had the pleasure of staying 1 night. Place is out of the way up hill but such a nice relaxing hostel. Staff are very friendly and like the keypad locks. Have lockers in your room gets a little hot ac runs only limited time. If your looking to meet people and have fun definitely stay here. Terrace around 8 pm great time to meet people. Cool beach/island hostel.

The hostel was okay. Wifi only worked on the main floor, not in our room. Not many outlets and no reading lamps, also only small lockers. Our kitchen was nice but the hot plate didn't work when we were there. The pub crawl was fun and the upstairs chill area was nice, but it was definitely a bit out of the way.

Staff was supernice

The room of 6 beds is really tight. It`s kind of far from the city. Does not have foods to eat in there. Cool there is a pool there.

The staff is really nice, doing their best all the time to help us. The atmosphere is awesome, its a nice place to meet people. The only bad point of the hostel is that is a little bit far from the centre and there are too much stairs to get there. Even though i totally recomend and would stay there again!

Would recommend... Nice place with a great atmosphere

It was a lovely hostel to stay in and the apartment we had was very modern and clean. The staff were all lovely and very helpful with recommending places to visit and so helpful if we had any queries.

• 4th Jul 2014

Best hostel i've ever been at, enviroment was like a hotel, staff was excellent and they arrange a pubcrawl every night! Seriously the only downside was the location, it was on top of a long walk up the hill, but they compensated with beeing near another nice beach and a good view over the city/ocean. Perfect if you are age 18-25

Perfect hostel, clean, beautiful, nice staff, nice atmosphere. Really, we had one of the best times in any hostel we've stayed (and I've been traveling for 6 months now). I never submit reviews, but i thought this deserved it. Congrats Villa Marija!

A bit of a walk to the hostel from the main town area but that's probably the same anywhere on the island, it's all uphill. Great staff and facilities, and the nightly group outings are great to get to meet people. I think the guy's name is Scott that organizes the group to go out every night and he does an amazing job ensuring everyone is meeting everyone else. Rooms can get cold at night with the A/C on as there are no heavy blankets, only sheets on the beds.

Great place to stay with amazing outdoor terrace area. However a bit of a trek from the port. The kitchen isn't very big and you can often be waiting a while to use it to cook. Also the 6 bed dorm was very tiny with no room for bags and no storage apart from a small locker

It definitely was as it says, a youth hostel filled with British girls aged 22. Also was a luxury hostel, with fancy stuff. Sorry but it wasn't something that clicks me. I am a backpacker, I like to meet more sensible people. Facility wise it was a good hostel but not something for me.

Awesome hostel!!!

Very clean and felt very safe. Location is a bit of a hike from the main port but you get used to it. Quiet hours start at 10:30 even inside your own room which was a bit annoying. Would stay there again!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. hostel was kept very clean. had a beautiful terrace where you could just sit and relax. rooms are a bit small to fit people in but are extremely cosy. We were put downstairs so our wifi wasnt working, which wasnt a major problem but caused slight inconvenience. slightly far from main town and can be tiring to get there if you have heavy luggage. but overall a really good experience.

these guys know how to run a great hostel. very friendly and professional. atmosphere is incredible. loved the massage near pool - perfect to kick your hangover. truly loved my stay and cant wait to go back

• 21st Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Lovely place to stay in Hvar. The main event would be the huge patio with bar, (small) pool and loads of seats for lounging about. Great atmosphere there, especially at night as everyone pre-drank together before heading out. It could be said that it's a bit of a walk from the centre, but when you're in a big group of people the walk is kind of fun (15-20 mins? depending on intoxication). VERY helpful staff too :) I would just say that the fancy modern door lock was too high tech for us though!

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff and lovely room (private double). Nice to have quiet evening after 10pm.

• 20th Jun 2014

Villa Marija was one of the best hostels I've stayed at throughout my travels. They have a great set up for socializing, really friendly, helpful staff, fully functional kitchens and great party scene too with Scott, a fellow Canadian showing everyone to the main bars at 10 every night. Will 100% be my hostel of choice if I am back to Hvar.

The hostel is a decent (mostly uphill) walk from the ferry port, but the hostel directions are super helpful. The hostel is clean and well-managed, and I was upgraded from an 8 bed dorm to a 2 bed dorm without charge, which was wonderful. There were some problems with rowdy groups, but I can't hold that against the hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3