Youth Meeting Home Reviews

Via Pellicceria 1, Florence, Italy

WAOOOOOO LOVED IT HERE!! The staff were awesome! thats a real party hostel in my point of view. they create party atmoshphere every night with free drinks pasta and pizza. people get together every night they chill, have conversations, music and really enjoy a lot. so you can meet with every one. facilites are excellent. super clean hostel with great party atmosphere. locations is the best. enjoyed a lot would highly recomend.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Norway

This hostel has the best facilities I've seen! Great staff and the location. wifi is great, rooms are big and very clean including lockers, beds are very comfortable, staff are very kind and friendly they will do every thing to make your stay amazing, Free Parties every night, pizza pasta wine sangria snacks free of cost is an amazing deal, i love it, Very close to the city center. You can walk everywhere. YOUTH MEETING HOME IS THE BEST.....

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Pakistan

The hostel was so nice, it is very good placed They clean everyday and the only thing that I don't like is you have to leave the hostel between 10 in the morning and 16.00 and I think it is so early But in general I recommend it 100%

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The Florence Meeting Home was such a wonderful place to stay. It is right next to the Uffizzi, The staff were the most welcoming and friendly staff I've ever experienced at any hostel. Mozam and Shahzaib are so friendly. This isn't just a business to them. They love meeting new people and treating you as their guest. They cook for you and take you out to pub crawls. The rooms are spacious and clean, Nothing too fancy, Just what I needed for my stay in Firenze. If you stay there, you will love il

• 26th Jul 2015

They have this rule that between 10 and 4 nobody should be in the hostel. Literally they kick us out in those times, aparently because it is cleaning time. I do understand that they need to clean. But not being allowed to enter from 10 to 4!! Not even in the waiting room? Tat was very upsetting to me... I did not like tis hostel.

We met surpriging gift in firenze. The employee Imran who speaks korean is very kind! He made us comfortable and guide traveler to nice place in firenze. To our memory youth meeting home will go on forever. We will never forget here🙆

I had a really nice stay here! I was travelling alone and it was really easy for me to make friends, the wine/sangria nights are great! The workers were also really fun. However, it is annoying that there are only two bathrooms (so if two people are showering, you can't even pee!), but I guess not much can be done about that. My only real complaint is the lockout - it was way, way too long, and it didn't seem like that much was even done in the interim!

• 22nd Jul 2015

The staff are amazing. I didn't like the bathroom situation and it was a little tricky to find the hostel, but just read the directions. It is in a commercial building and you need to ring a bell to get in initially. I was only there for a night, but it seems they do things with guests to bring a sense of togetherness, which I think is cool. We all went out as a group, which was fun too!

Great location & staff but only 2 showers/toilets between 30 people! Lock out 10am-4pm is annoying but I think this may be common in Italian hostels. I was in the smallest room & they has 4 bunk beds & a single bed all crammed in there together. Strangely the other larger rooms only had 4 single beds each??? This is a very annoying set up as my room was very cramped & we had no space for bags. If the beds were rearranged & more toilets added it would be a great hostel not just a good one.

Waiting to use the bathroom facilities was time consuming at points, which resulted at times in me brushing my teeth in the kitchen with another person saying. Also the lockers were pitiable / insecure. Locker wise you should invest in ockers similar to Wombats Hostels.

The guys running this hostel are very nice, and it is centrally located, but please be advised that there are only two bathrooms in the entire hostel and the 10am-4pm lockout can be extremely inconvenient. I hate to say anything remotely negative about a business (especially if I've been treated well) but travelers need to know these things so they can be prepared. My advice: wake up early to take a shower or else the 10am lockout time is really gonna throw you off.

Pretty bare bones. This place was fine. No major complaints, but nothing to write home about either. Very close to Ponte Vecchio and other points of interest.

The staff were nice, but two bathrooms for I am guessing 30 people does not work, especially with a six hour midday lockout (10-4). This was a weird one.

Not bad. Mostly good for location. Only stayed one night. Wasn't super impressed but wasn't disappointed either

I had a really wonderful time at this hostel. Space-wise it's very cosy but it was super easy to meet others and bond with them! Imran especially, and together with Mozm made me feel very welcome when I arrived and I'm super appreciative of the hospitality they provided. Hanging out with Imran and other travellers has made my trip to Florence a very memorable one! :D

Location was great. My roomies were also great. The owners are cool. They can come off a bit aggressive, but approachable at the same time. It's weird. They fed us pasta. We played drinking games at night but had to be kinda quiet about it since there are neighbors. The lockout, from 10-4, is entirely TOO long. it doesn't take that long to clean. They kinda rushed me to get in the shower so they could clean. Other than that, the beds were comfy & clean. i'd stay again.

Had a great stay, really social atmosphere. Great how the hosts arrange meetups with food/snacks and drink. The two bathrooms weren't that much of a problem, although you have to be observant and quick if you don't want to stand outside waiting. All in all a great hostel with great people.

Youth Meeting Home was a great place to stay! It is ideally located right in the center of where everything is happening. We never used public transportation once. The Duomo was about a five minute walk away. Tons of shopping nearby, places to eat or drink, and lots of sights to see. They guys running the place were very friendly and helpful. Almost every night there was free wine and food. It was great! Good atmosphere to hang out with other travelers in. Would recommend a stay here!

Here's what you should know: -2 showers for 20/30 people. Take one the night, less crowded. - The hotel is on the 6th floor with no lift. - it's closed from 10:00 to 4:00 pm, but since there's so much to do in Florence, it's not a problem. - staff is kind and avaible -really nice atmosphere/socializing place -perfect location, near everything. -while I was there, the staff cooked for the people, and it was free. - the bed were kinda meh. Not the most clean ones. Same for the whole place.

The staff was super nice and extremely helpful. They were able to put four of us into a room when we accidentally arrived one night early. They had sangria and pasta nights constantly, which was a good way to meet people. The location is perfect and walking distance from everything. Please note: they kick you out of the hostel at 10 am everyday, which can be tricky since there are only 2 bathrooms for the entire place. We ended up having to wake up extra early to wait in line for the bathrooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4