Youth Meeting Home Reviews

Via Pellicceria 1, Florence, Italy

Location is the best. You ll need your earplugs in the night if your room is facing the street

Great friendly staff, have cooking facility and locker in own room. Room is spacious, heating is very good.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • China

Room doors with broken locks (staff told me that a guy broke the lock in my room just two days ago....but why did he brake the locks in all the other rooms, too?!?), bed covers with hair and dirt on them, curry smell all around the hostel, no maps available (staff told me that they just ran out of maps...), window could not be closed completely (in January!)

very friendly staff. big and clean rooms.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • India

Very nice and friendly staff! They held a small party with wine and cake for guests for new year. Hostel is at quite a good location. Kitchen is nice for using it. Very recommend!

Me and my friend were in florence and we were having problem in finding the hostel, then we found this hostel at really good rate and we stayed for two nights, it was excellent experience. The guys at the reception, extremely kind and helpful, you can tell them any problem and they will solve it. I recommend it highly since its in the centre of the city. i wish to stay at this hostel again if i ever come to florence again in my life.

very friendly staff, they served me hot coffee when i arrived there also offered local snack, really kind. absolutely will back here if i travelling to florence again, fantastic

They served morning caffe and FREE pasta was amazing, Got a chance to meet some good new friends. Rooms were very clean with security lockers. wifi with strong signals even in the rooms. nice bed rooms. smiley and helping staff, my train was late and they let me put my bags in the reception room even after checking out. so kind, liked it. They care you a lot. clean and beautifull hostel, FREE computers to use, i stayed there one night it was superb.Facilities were fantastic, Would Recomend

• 28th Nov 2014

such a great hostel for staying in Florence free pasta and sangria party on friday and saturday. very close to all historic places of the city and markets, it helps you to save your transport expensive. REALLY friendly and helping staff. they WELCOMED and helped me every time whenever i wanted something. the most beautifull hostel i have stayed in italy. they have complete kitchen and very clean bathrooms. really enjoyed and I WISH TO STAY THERE AGAIN.........

• 28th Nov 2014

Would have been an awesome place had it not gotten shut down by the police and then were forced to leave and search for a new place on our own.

Seemed like a cool hostel with a good atmosphere, but no shit when we rolled up there were some Italian ladies with a bunch of paperwork yelling on their cell phones. Turns out they were the polizia and they kicked everyone out which really screwed us over on a Friday night. In hindsight there may be no point to this review as I doubt the hostel is still open.

• 31st Oct 2014

We only lasted one night in the hostel as it was shut down by police and we had to find a new hostel for our remaining 2 nights. When we arrived we had no top sheet, no locks on doors, wifi didn't reach our room and other things like no t-towels to dry dishes and no bath mats. Lets say it was a good thing we got kicked out.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel was illegal and got shut down by police....

• 30th Oct 2014

There wasn' any hot water so we couldn't take a shower in the evening but otherwise we had an enjoyable stay, the staff were friendly and we had no trouble leaving our bags there during the day

If your not a Party person/ don't want to go out and your feeling very brave then this is a great place for a night. Cheap, well located (once you find it). The bunk beds don't have ladders so its very difficult to get down in the morning -especially when others are sick all over the floor! You cant lock the rooms, we could only find one bathroom for over 20 people and its noisy.The only plus side there really was that there's two different types of plugs in the hostel (French and Italian maybe)

Okay service by the staff, and cheap. Impossible to find the door to the hostel, there is no visible sign on the door until you are at the door reading on the wall. Not so clean bathrooms.

Showers cold. Strongly enforced lockout rule from 10 am until 4pm. I was up sick all night and asked to stay in bed in the morning and was not allowed. One good thing about this hostel was the kitchen. Would not recommend. Staff don't know much about the area, unhelpful, unfriendly.

They kicked everyone out at 10 am until 6 pm. They said it was for cleaning but they were cleaning I'm the middle of the night. And nothing was ever clean. The bathroom always had some kind of liquid on the floor. The toilets didn't have seats. The shower didn't really drain. If you were sitting in the common area they would tell you that you had to go out or go to bed at 11. None of the doors locked. There were no lockers. You just had to hope for the best.

The biggest problem with this hostel is the staff and he stupid rules. For one, having to be locked out for 6 hours a day sucks and not being able to talk to others after 1130pm in the lounge area ruins the vibe. There is one guy who works out front and is very nice. There is one very rude

We traveled Venice, Florence, Sienna & Pisa. This was our favourite stay, its so close to all the attractions, clubs, Santa Maria Novella Square & The Duomo Catherdral. You can reach everything by foot & the staff is very welcoming & friendly. They offer free pasta dinner in the evenings which is great to meet the fellow housemates, or just if you want to save some money & enjoy a nice dinner ! Def recommend this & would stay in eurostudent home again if we visit Florence.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4