Youth Meeting Home Reviews

Via Pellicceria 1, Florence, Italy

It was pretty basic but it was serviceable. The location was awesome though but of a walk away from the train station but good for a HUB to explore the city for sure!

Loved this hostel! Very helpful with things to do around a town. everything was good nice location. it is located very close by from everything that you want to see in Florence. i was pleasantly surprised at the large room size. every thing was clean and functional. Made my greatest friends of my whole trip there. The staff was awesome and so helpful! a kind of treatment staff gave me with serving free dinner every night. i would definitely stay here again!

• 12th Aug 2015

staff is excellent. moazam imran and salman are doing great work. cleanliness is great. this hostel is real value for your money if you wanna stay in florence. they created party atmosphere for every one. free pizza snacks and pasta. i love it.

This was by far the best hostel I stayed at. It was more like a hotel with comfy clean beds. lovely and helpful staff. Meets every need of a traveller. best location in florence. free parties every night with wine and pasta. amazing.

Great location, brilliant staff. Tricky to find and the early lockout is disappointing but overall a great place to stay in Florence.

They have an awful rule that you can't be in the hostel for 7 hours!!! So be aware of that, it sucks

It's really that bad as the reviews say. The lockout thing. 10-4 entire hostel (common room included) is closed for cleaning. Be sure to find your stuff touched and moved. Also, imagine when it starts to rain. Do you think you can go back to your hostel and wait the rain? nope... "without any bunk beds!" is a lie. The dorms are filled to the brim with bunk beds. I never seen so many bunk beds in such a small area. 2 bathrooms for 40 ppl. Take you own lock. Or better do not go there.

The hostel was all about location and partying, but that's pretty much it. They lock you out from 10-16h and they say it's for cleaning, but 6 hours is a long time. They wake you up at 9:30 regardless of how late you stayed out, and since there is only 2 showers, you're not gonna get a chance to take one before the lockout begins unless you're awake early. All of this is fine, but they take you out partying every night. Be careful and be home early if you partake.

Horrible place to stay. They kick you out from 10-4, but start waking you up at 9.so you never get any sleep. I've never seen such horrible beds, moldy and all. Also you have to go up about 10 flights of stairs to even get to the hostel. Spend your money somewhere else!

• 7th Aug 2015

This place locks you out of the whole hostel from 10am- 4pm even though it claims to have 24 hour access. Myself and everyone in my dorm booked a 4 bed dorm and they tried to put 2 extra beds in. Worst of all I had an allergic reaction to a bed bug bite and had to spend 6 hours in the hospital hooked up to a drip. Hands down, the worst hostel experience I've ever had!

WARNING DO NOT STAY HERE! Worst hostel ever. 2 bathrooms for 40+ people, shower and toilet in the same room so you're waiting around 30mins. Staff are rude. Will add up to 6 extra beds to your 4 bed dorm and charge you full price. Will touch, move and break your personal belongings in the process and get angry at you when you're upset and complain. You are also KICKED OUT of the Hostel at 10AM UNTIL 4PM!!! For "cleaning". The staff will abuse you to leave immediately if you try to access it.

Great location but be wary. As two female travellers, we personally didn't feel unsafe, but can't say the same about our belongings! We would leave 10-4 for "cleaning" and return to find that anything that was left out of bags such as towels or wet clothing crumpled up in our bed sheets. Other personal items often moved and misplaced. Staff were a little strange, didn't feel overly comfortable. Also, signs to tells us to mop shower after use when bath mats would be sufficient.

I highly recommend this hostel !!! it was absolutely amazing. as soon as I got there I was denied check in because they wanted me to have free wine and pasta first !!!! I met a lot of amazing people this hostel had a great social scene very clean and best of all just a very cool atmosphere. the staff were great Moazam and his partner Imran were perfect !! extremely helpful and funny! the hostel is also located very close to everything ! the only reason I didn't give 100% is the lock out duration

Great place to go if you're looking to meet people while travelling. The two staff members Moazam and Imran were excellent hosts. They cooked us pizza or pasta each night, bought us wine, and also came out with everyone to show us the good bars in Florence. Would highly recommend, I'll be going back next time I'm in Florence.

Good hostel, right in the middle of all the action n Florence. Very funny and accomodating staff. Free dinner every night (pizza or pasta). As other reviewers have mentioned, the 10-4 lockout is pretty terrible. It doesn't seem that bad until the staff busts in to the room to wake you up at 920am. I don't blame them for doing it, but it sucks.

Amazing location in Florence, right in the middle of all the great attractions! Imran and Mausam were very welcoming and went out of their way to make sure my stay was going well.

Great location. Great staff! Moazam and Imran are awesome!! They truly care about you having a good time. They made pasta or pizza almost every nite and had free wine or sangria available. And organized fun bar crawls. This is the place to come to meet other travelers. Only gripes were the two bathrooms and the lock out time, but the staff personality and overall atmosphere made up for this.

WAOOOOOO LOVED IT HERE!! The staff were awesome! thats a real party hostel in my point of view. they create party atmoshphere every night with free drinks pasta and pizza. people get together every night they chill, have conversations, music and really enjoy a lot. so you can meet with every one. facilites are excellent. super clean hostel with great party atmosphere. locations is the best. enjoyed a lot would highly recomend.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Norway

This hostel has the best facilities I've seen! Great staff and the location. wifi is great, rooms are big and very clean including lockers, beds are very comfortable, staff are very kind and friendly they will do every thing to make your stay amazing, Free Parties every night, pizza pasta wine sangria snacks free of cost is an amazing deal, i love it, Very close to the city center. You can walk everywhere. YOUTH MEETING HOME IS THE BEST.....

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Pakistan

The hostel was so nice, it is very good placed They clean everyday and the only thing that I don't like is you have to leave the hostel between 10 in the morning and 16.00 and I think it is so early But in general I recommend it 100%

• 27th Jul 2015