Youth Meeting Home Reviews

Via Pellicceria 1, Florence, Italy

Extremely central, so if want to be smack dab in the middle of Florence, stay here. Reasonable price, good wifi, clean sheets. But no top sheet to put under blankets that I doubt get washed since so thick. The negative is the lock out at 10a so that we can't even stay and make breakfast or relax in common room. Also was asked two times, by same staff person within 2 hour span if I returned the hostel keys and I did it in morning when checked out so can receive my ID. Short term memory perhaps?

The 1st 2nd and 4th picture on Hostel world aren't from the Hostel :P I didn't love the cleanness of the blankets or not having a cover for my blanket with weird stains on it and the lockout time from 10-4pm wasn't very welcoming. Also only having 2 washrooms for the amount of people staying was not good. Asking around the room lots of people payed different rates for the same night the lowest one being 10€ a night. Good location though

For the price, this is the best deal you can find in Florence. The place itself was standard, nothing special but no complaints. The hot water in the shower was more like lukewarm while I was there, but other than that everything was fine. Excellent location, I'd recommend it.

Very friendly staff.

(+)The room is spacious, with locker, and comfortable enough. It's not a bunkbed, but 3 single beds in one big room. So, there's a lot of space inside. The location is great, near shops, and another restaurants. Also, the staffs are very warm, welcome, helpful, and don't mind to serve pasta for the guests several times a week. (-) No lift, the main door is hard to open by key-chip, the pillow is quite thick, and noisy at night since it's located near the street.

What a great hostel! Great facilities, Loved this hostel! Staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly!! Simply one of the most comfortable hostels I've stayed. A great place to stay. The location was really central, Huge rooms, well ventilated, I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel because it had such a great location.

Best hostel I have ever stayed, in the centre of the city close to all main places. The staff is very helpful and friendly . Really impressed by the hospitality of staff and homely atmosphere. Highly Recomended !!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Liberia

It's very nice. Place is awesome, staffs are friendly. Both rooms are some times wet. But don't worry just ask staff and they clean it. Thanks tom.

The best part of my stay in this hostel was the great hospitality by the staff and the location of this hostel.

The reception looks like another room, full of sheets and baggages, seem as somebody slept there. I don't iike that. Also all the place smelt all the time like food.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Colombia

This is budget accomodation at its best. Huge spacious rooms, a great kitchen, relaxed and fun atmosphere and great staff too who will go that extra mile if you need it. You won't beat it's location. Dave and his team really made me feel at home. Will definitely stay there again when in Florence.

I liked this hostel a lot. Met some awesome people. The staff was extremely friendly and ospitable . The time I arrived in the hostel in the freezing cold the staff offered me a cup of hot coffe .Great hostel overall.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • India

Location is the best. You ll need your earplugs in the night if your room is facing the street

The hostel was very dirty and had a terrible curry smell that soaked into your clothing. The doors for 2 of the rooms don't actually lock, and safes are not provided (so you're basically open to the entire world 24/7) - there are however lock boxes, so make sure that your bring a lock. If you're only interested in a cheap place with an amazing location, stay here. However, if you're interested in any comfort stay away.

• 16th Jan 2015

Great friendly staff, have cooking facility and locker in own room. Room is spacious, heating is very good.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • China

Ciao ..I made the 3 nights reservation for that hostel but ı stayed here 5 nights because I love florance ı like that hostel very much.why ı love that hostel 1)especially the hostel is so close the all places that you have to visit when you come to florance.Thé hostel is good location.2) the persons Who work in the hostel are so kind funny,helpful,.3) the rooms are hot and clean and Comfortable for the bed.4) they are always ready to serve you coffe, vine free..5) you can cook food free

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Room doors with broken locks (staff told me that a guy broke the lock in my room just two days ago....but why did he brake the locks in all the other rooms, too?!?), bed covers with hair and dirt on them, curry smell all around the hostel, no maps available (staff told me that they just ran out of maps...), window could not be closed completely (in January!)

very friendly staff. big and clean rooms.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • India

Very nice and friendly staff! They held a small party with wine and cake for guests for new year. Hostel is at quite a good location. Kitchen is nice for using it. Very recommend!

Me and my friend were in florence and we were having problem in finding the hostel, then we found this hostel at really good rate and we stayed for two nights, it was excellent experience. The guys at the reception, extremely kind and helpful, you can tell them any problem and they will solve it. I recommend it highly since its in the centre of the city. i wish to stay at this hostel again if i ever come to florence again in my life.