6.2
Good 242 Total Reviews
6.2
Good 242 Total Reviews
Youth Shack Located at 69 Mitchell St, , Darwin.
Youth Shack
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 41+
12th Oct 2016
5.1

Kitchen was apalling. all utensils, pots and pans ned to be readily available b4 10pm.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
24th Sep 2016
8.0

Was pretty worried about staying here after reading lots of bad reviews but I have to say our experience was not bad at all. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was pretty clean and had good size lockers. Could hear the nightlife on the street but not enough to disturb sleep. Bathrooms and kitchen are not the nicest I've been in but still perfectly liveable. Didn't use the pool but looked nice. Staff were very helpful

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Sep 2016
4.9

Stayed here as a friend recommend it, the guy who checked me in didn't have a clue about anything. Room was below my standard air con didn't work, only two plug sockets in the room that nothing could reach too. When I asked for a extension lead was told no. On checkout when I asked for a spoon the owner shouted at a staff member for almost giving me this free of charge absolutely ridiculous save your money go elsewhere

• Canada, Male, 25-30
1st Aug 2016
4.6

I stayed at Youth Shack for one night after staying at its sister hostel Chillis for a week and a bit. I had to change hostels due to the overflow of people who were attending the Darwin Cup. The staff were very friendly during check in and check out. The bathrooms and showers were disgusting it felt like you were in an abandoned building that hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The bed was uncomfortable and cheap (plastic bunks).

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Jul 2016
6.6

Had a reservation for two beds in an all-female 4 bed dorm. For some reason, they were unable to put us in the same room, which was unfortunate (we had to wake 2 groups of people up instead of just one, also made our early morning wakeup a little more difficult). Was also woken up at 5:00 AM by a fire alarm, which the girls in my room said had been happening all week. Otherwise, exactly what you'd expect from a youth hostel. Was fine for my short, one night stay.

4th Jul 2016
6.0

This hostel is exactly like a college dorm. Noisy, smelly and dirty. Abundance of drunk 19 year olds. Room was missing a curtain.

22nd Jun 2016
6.9

Many of the guests were staying long term, and as a solo traveler I found it difficult to meet people. The facilities are not particularly clean, and the 4 bed dorm I stayed in was messy with the other guests' belongings strewn about. That being said, it has a bar, is centrally located and is one cost effective given the area. They also have a bag room that I was able to leave my backpack in while on a camping trip in kakadu.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2016
4.3

Dirty and run down. Angry staff at checkout. Did not feel safe.