Youth Shack Reviews

69 Mitchell St, Darwin, Australia

Worst hostel ever!! We arrive and we had to put the sheets one the bed ourselves. First room the manager gave us the wrong key, then when we enter in the room there were no light and only one bed free and we were two. We changed room and there were dirty sheets on the bed we had to take them off... Bathroom was so dirty . Early morning they come in the room to wake us and ask us our name.... Wtf !! I will never go back

• 12th Oct 2015

Great location and friendly staff. Booked to stay extra nights than planned. After doing a tour from Alice spring to Darwin we arrived at this hostel. Luckily alot of the people on the tour stayed at the same hostel. We didn't really meet any new people in the hostel. The bathrooms and rooms are cleaned everyday. Rooms are small but they have big lockers that can fit a backpack in so if you have your own padlock your belongings are secured all the time. 4Aud a day for wifi.

The cleaning standard isn't really high. I stayed in different rooms and most of the time are the mattresses dirty, one of the rooms once was totally smelly. However, the staff is friendly and the location good.

Can't be trusted to return cutlery and pans.. Have to leave a deposit or your room key.. Especially annoying when you have one key for 2 people...

I had a twin room, fridge, air con, ceiling fan but not TV or a sink in my room...Lockers were great, but no wardrobe. Would be nice to have somewhere to hang wet towels, not even a coat hook on the back of the door. Showeheads need de-scaling. Smoke was wafting into my room in the evenings so I had to keep the window shut.