Youth Station Hostel - Rome - Reviews

Via Livorno 5, Rome, Italy

The worst hostel I have ever stayed at. They make you return your key every time you leave giving them access to your locker when you are out. The staff routinely enters your room unannounced and uninvited at ALL hours. They turned off the AC(while we slept which meant coming in to the room) and wifi constantly. They were of no help when you asked them questions as they treated you like you bothered them. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

This Hostel was very nice. The A/C was very good into my room, sometimes too much cold so I had to ask to my room mate to turn it off. The common area was very nice too. The location was literally infront of the subway, so easy to go around the city with 1,50 Euros ticket. The hostel is clean and secure, they give you lockers. The WIFI was good too.

Very great hostel great place to meet people and the staff help out a lot any questions or concerns they try their best to help out especially Raj & Marco those two are some cool people. Thank You for everything had a great experience and will 100% stay here again whole in rome.

• 26th Jul 2015

My stay was excelent. The room was really cold (pretty new Air-Con I guess). The internet connection was free and fast. The location is close to Metro station which takes you to the collisseum in 10 minutes. Common area is nice and easy to meet people. Defenitely worth the price paid. I would stay again.

• 26th Jul 2015

I have a good time here. good atmosphere. good attention . it has everything that you need but breakfast . i had two days here . one night was very hot in the room so the owner offered me to change of room which I appreciated very much . wifi wasn't good all the time . the metro station very close, and is the one you r going to use to go to the touristic area .

Showers are moldy. You can smell the mildew in the room bease of the shower. Said it had air conditioning recently installed. That was a lie. We had one fan that didnt even reach the beds. Internet hardly ever worked, especially in the rooms. Staff were not very friendly. Hostel owner kept opening the room doors (because no air conditioning) so you have no privacy. I was trying to change and he kept coming by to open the door. When you sleep he also opens it ,so anyone can come into your room.

Dear Sir, if your room mates turn the AC off, we cannot do anything. As you know, you have the control inside the room so it can be turned off from inside the room. As for the room kept opened as you said, it's not true that we keep them open...maybe your room mates going back and forth into the room (as always happens) left it open. As for WIFI, a lot of people are happy with the fast connection, if your phone is slow we cannot do anything.

I loved this hostel. Very clean, nice staff, good air conditioning, free internet connection. Stay here guys....the staff is super

• 24th Jul 2015

Not expecting beauty when travelling cheaply but the rooms in this hostel were ugly depressing corridors. Staff, one in particular, petulant and rude when I had to change my plans making an unfriendly departure. They do not have 'air conditioning' they have loud rickety fans. My room had one for 6 beds, and even that disappeared at one point. Also out of the 4 nights being there the wifi worked for one night. It has the basics of what you need, but that doesn't mean it's a place worth staying

• 23rd Jul 2015

Raj will getcha. Keep an eye out.

Free WIFI and good air conditioning system. My room was so cold. The location is right to the metro station and grocery store. The common room was so good and we had a very good time. We decided to stay one more night. The staff was very nice and gave us good directions where to eat for cheap price. I would stay at youth station again next time in Roma

• 23rd Jul 2015

Very central place at 10 minutes away to the colosseum. My room had a very good air condition. The hostel is very clean. Staff is cool. Recommend

• 23rd Jul 2015

The atmosphere is awesome but the hostel is far from everything and metro gets crowded. the air conditioning and wifi were worth the distance for me. Rome is hot in july.

Excellent kitchen, close to the metro, good space to meet and talk with people, clean, good beds. The only negatives were that the WiFi went in and out and the maps didn't show the area where the hostel is located.

Moderate hostel. Definitely doable for Rome. Positives: Cheaper than most in rome, great common room, comfortable, nice rooms, clean. 10min metro to center (good location), nearby grocery store. Negatives: No A/C. fought over fans. 3€ for internet? really? 3€ to leave bags? cmon. staff is mediocre.

Good aircon

• 22nd Jul 2015

Pros- close to metro stop Bologna -of Italian students around/bars bc Uni is close -good wifi Cons- -unprofessional management (woke me up at 1am to offer a new hostel down the road) -no working AC (1 fan for 6 bed dorm) -allowed a group of 30+ 14/15 year olds to stay 2 nights -commonly left dorm doors open (helped air flow but not secure) -overpriced for lack of amenities -metro closes at 930 so it's difficult to return to hostel too late

Very good aircon. Cool place. Close to subway. Very sociality. Recommended

• 18th Jul 2015

The opening of doors in the middle of the night and in the morning is really inappropriate. When you go to a hostel to sleep you don't expect to have all of your ownings open to the entire hostel and to have the noises of the other patrons waking you at all times of the night. Consider changing this policy.

One of the worst hostels I've stayed in. The rooms are basically long hallways with a door on both ends and bunk beds and lockers put in them. The lockers were large so that was nice, but while I was there the air conditioning was "broken" although I'm pretty sure they just don't have any. We were given one fan and forced to sleep with both doors open because it felt like a sauna. In doing so, people would walk through our room in the middle of the night and staff would just come in unannounced.

The staff was very friendly and helpful but the boss was fighting twice very loudly with the two recepcionists in the common area so that was kind of awkward. Otherwise the hostel was okay, it may be that if I wouldn't have met so many amazing people I wouldn't have liked it at all but there were lots of solo traveler so the atmosphere was very aocial and I met lots of people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7