Youth Station Hostel - Rome - Reviews

Via Livorno n� 5, Rome, Italy

Very large and clean room. Hostel is located close to subway and this is very convenient to go around in Rome in a short time. They offer several services such as laundry, tours, city maps, free wifi, kitchen, Pizza delivery. The location is cool. There are several cheap pubs and restaurants near by. The Staff is really nice. The Manager is one of the most amazing guy I have ever met, always smiling and ready to help you. It definitely worths the price.

• 20th May 2015

This hostel is just OK. Not too far from down town Rome. Wifi is terrible and wouldn't connect for long periods. Also we had some trouble with our facilities, the shower didn't have hot water and the toilet wouldn't reset properly after flushing. However it is a cheap hostel in Rome and the staff were nice

Thanks Marco, see you next time! Germano.

The staff at this hostel were incredible! We had a late night arrival and they arranged transport at very late notice. Great place to stay!

• 18th May 2015

The wifi was extremely inconsistent, but I appreciated that they upgraded me to a better room because they were not completely full. They left out a free happy hour each night I was there for the guests, and the staff was nice enough.

Good hostel, not much to it but it had a good atmosphere D I met a lot of great people. The beds weren't the comfiest and they creaked a whole lot but other than that it was alright.

Nice place to stay, cheap and clean. They have a nice night life in the area which is close to the largest Rome University. The Staff is really helpfull in eveything you need. 5 Stars Hostel.

• 13th May 2015

Hot shower, but the bathroom always has some weird odour, bad ventilations. The sheets they give u are clean and new but the blanket is pretty old and seems dirty. I kinda like how they arrange the beds so everyone have some privacy, but some ppl might find it like sleeping in the hallway. Staff are kind and helpful thou, metro station is literally 100m away, value for the price.

Wonderful,helpful staff, easy to meet people,great bar close to the hostel with an agreement price just for hostel guests, free WI-FI, and amazing location. So glad I chose to stay here my first time in Roma! Definitely recommend staying here when you're in Roma.

• 7th May 2015

Close to the train station and subway station. We stayed in a private room, the room was big and warm with great wifi and a big comfortable bed. The kitchen had everything we needed. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need.I couldn't recommend this place. They have no swimming pool but still one of the very best hostels I’ve been in Europe. And we will be back

• 7th May 2015

Very close to subway station. i felt comfortable and staff is very nice and helpful, My room was very clean and I'll comeback again. i recommend this hostel

When I arrived at the Hostel I was given a hot free welcoming drink. The Staff was very nice and always in good mood, incredibly friendly and did all their best to make sure everyone was having a good time. There are parties every night at the bar close to the Hostel, you can meet a lot of new people there. They have a nice common area where guests can chat each other. My room was very clean. I got a cheap tour of Rome with special bus, cheaper than buying it anywhere else I guess.

• 6th May 2015

It was a place to sleep, but not more. There was one female staff who gave good information about getting around the city and which buses to take. The problem is that you needed transportation to get everywhere since it is so far away from everything. I got there and the hostel was dead, absolutely no atmosphere. No tours, leaflets, discounts, ways to meet people. The bathroom was always flooded, the walls were even wet. Questionable cleanliness. One guy even had his bed removed part way through

Dear Tania, we are exactly in front of the Subway (one minute walking) and it takes in 10 minutes to the Collisseum. Wonder how you can say we are far...we are "in the center area". When you arrived we had a large group of students, who used to go out in the morning and back in the evening...probably that's why you say "no atmposhere" but we organized "happy hour" and free breakfast for you and the other 18 people who were not part of that student group.

The rooms as well as the beds and bed linens were very dirty. The flair of the rooms is jail like. The bathroom is molding and you don't want to put down your things anywhere. The people at the hostel were nice, but it's definitely not a good hostel to meet people at. The location is pretty good, it's right by the subway station and you are in the student quarter, which means there is some night life.

Staff nice and welcoming ++ Close to metro and market ++ However they did NOT uphold the rule of "No over 35yo's". Woken on our 2nd night by VERY strange man (50yo?) smoking at 4.30am in the room, then we were denied a room change (poor airflow). The 3rd&4th night was shared with an 60yo (?) who grunted, stared, talked to himself and hocked up blood in the sink. We did not feel safe which could have been avoided had they upheld the NO OVER 35's rule. Would not recommend to single travellers.

Thanks for your feedback. As for your info, 99% of our guests (and in most months of the year is 100%) are less than 35 years old. It happens that only 2 or 3 times per year we accept 1 or 2 guest between 35 and 45 years old. The 2 guests you are talking about were 39 and 44 years old. I did remember that you even talked to one of them saying to me that he was a very nice person. You asked him the age and he said 39 and he was travelling for as backpacker. Why are you saying 60yo now? funny

Staff very friendly and convient.

Far from city center. But metro line was very easy to follow and it's right next to hostel. It sucked that I was there when there was what must have been a high school trip. Very noisy. Staff was not very friendly. All seemed clean except bathroom had a weird smell.

Very well located hostel, next to a metro station and 20 meters away from a supermarket, so you can save a lot of money since the food in Restaurants and shops is quite expensive. There is a kitchen at the hostel with all one needs to cook. Also the Staff was very helpful in giving tips for going around the city and even one day the receptionist invited me to have lunch. Of course I recommend this hostel.

The hostel is located very close to the metro system which is extremely helpful. The staff were kind and the facility itself wasn't too bad. My main complaint was the value for the price. This is one of the more expensive hostels I've stayed at and the rooms were essentially long hallways with a single shared bathroom among six people. Definitely not worth what I paid for it but still a nice place to stay.

well, I don't think that 17 Euros per night (TAX INCLUDED) is very expensive in high season. Not sure where you have slept unitl now to say that 17 Euros is the "more expensive hostel" you have stayed at. We offer a lot of free services (wifi, big kitchen, laundry, lockers, 24hrs reception and a lot more) that were included in the price of 17 Euros you paid.

good location with friendly stuff and cheap price.

• 11th Apr 2015