Youth Station Hostel - Rome - Reviews

Via Livorno n� 5, Rome, Italy

Especially the loud boss of the Hostel enjoyed me. He came each afternoon and shouted at his employes although I wasn't sure he was cross or just a VERY loud person! Otherwise the hostel was very quiet and the receptionists seemed quite friendly, but they did seem very intimidated by their boss. I felt a little sorry. Generally the atmosphere wasn't very warm or welcoming and these fights made it even less. Otherwise the hostel offers what a hostel should. bathroom in each room, wifi, kitchen..

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Rooms smell so bad and nobody cares about it.There are too many things but the only good thing about this hostel was it was close to collesium 10 mins by METRO

Very nice place to Stay. Cheap and confortable. Wifi and free computer available. Thanks to the helpfull staff for the great advices about the night life.

• 14th Jul 2014

I reserved 6 dorm but thry gave me 8 dorm without any explaination. He said he cant give a refund or change room. I had to listen others review worst hostel ever

• 9th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

We read a lot of bad reviews from this hostel but we absolutely loved it. Anyone who says it isn't clean clearly has unrealistically high standards of hostel! The owners are lovely, the wifi is great, and it is a perfect location, right next to bologna station, so incredibly easy access to the coliseum and the vatican. Great priced food around the area of the hostel as well. Overall we couldn't have had a better stay in rome, we would definitely recommend youth station hostel to any friends!

• 6th Jul 2014

Very nice place to stay. Close to a subway line.

• 27th Jun 2014

Can't say I've been to too many places around the world, but this ranks on the bottom of my list. While it might be located near a station, it's pretty far off from anything you'd want to see or do. As for the staff, they won't go out of their way to do anything for you. We got downgraded without any explanation or apology. They got WiFi but it doesn't work at all. The rooms have no form of ventilation so coming for a summer stay is just awful. Really, this place is a must avoid. Really.

The staff is realy nice and the beds are good. The only problem is that the bathroom was dirty, but its not the worst.

It was a good hostel, but far fron the turistic staff. You are obligated to use the subway all the time and it does not run at night. The wifi was really good, but the kitchen didn't work properly, it was poorly equipped, only an electric heater.

The staff is extremely helpful. But the wifi is not working from the room, you need to get to the common area, and the kitchen is too small

It's ok for a short stay and very close to the metro station, at 3 stops to Termini station. I slept in a dorm and it was ok, though the staff could be nicer, they weren't flexible enough to solve an issue i had.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Spain

I have stayed in hostels all over the world and this was the worst. I was forced to attempt to book another night here, and the staff tried to cheat me. After bringing up hostelworld to show them the price they logged on and removed their listing and said "it's last minute so the price went up". When I said I was leaving they immediately asked what I wanted to pay. I checked at my next hostel and they had reopened their hostelworld listing with the original low price. Pathetic.

All we need from a hostel is a bed, and in this hostel beds are like swings.

lockers were not safe/ the locks were broken, room was untidy and location out of the normal city map

Do NOT recommend this hostel. We stayed here because we could not get in anywhere else. If you can, stay there. Poor experience. - dingy rooms that are more like corridors - creaky beds that gave the impression they might break - small, dark bathrooms that were very hard to move around in - staff that were off putting - abysmal kitchen facilities, few dishes, gross dish rags, watered down soap - handing in your key before leaving for day - cash payments The pics are misleading

It was ok for 2 nights, thanks!

• 7th May 2014
  • Romania

When you leave the hostel you have to leave your key for your room and locker with the front desk. With at least half the employees you have to remind them every time what room you're on and what locker is yours. This made me very uncomfortable and did not seem remotely secure enough. Bathrooms are so small you can barely move. The youth age restrictions was not enforced while we were here. Walls are very thin. We had booked a 6 person room and were put in a 10 person room with no refund.

This hostel was quite far from everything interesting in Rome. The staff was not very helpful or friendly; they appeared frazzled, unable to help and not very knowledgeable every time we asked for anything.

A really good hostel and worth the money compared to other places in rome. they have a kitchen that you can use any time and the location is pretty amazing.

toilets and showers were very dirty.

• 18th Apr 2014