Youth Station Hostel - Rome - Reviews

Via Livorno n� 5, Rome, Italy

Not too far from the center of Rome once you get on the metro, which is also close. The wifi cut out a lot, though. In a six-bed dorm, none of the three bunk beds had a safety rail on top, and only one of them had a ladder! The people on those top bunks got quite an arm workout to pull themselves up, but I'm glad I was on one of the bottom beds. On a better note, there are lockers that lock with the room key, and each bed has its own reading light and outlet.

Great free WiFi. The hostel is very well located. Metro at 2 minutes walking. Grocery store near by. Very clean hostel. The staff organized a pizza party, really appreciated. I would recommend this hostel.

• 26th Jun 2015

I feel like the reviews seem to talk this place up because it didn't really seem better than average. Your room is one long corridor with bunk beds on one side and 1 bathroom per room (8 people). Also, our bathroom did not lock which was ridiculous and the wifi did not work in the rooms and was still spotty in the common area. However, it was a good location and they had nice big lockers which was a plus and a plug and light per bed so if that's all you need then this is the place for you.

Don't stay at this hostel. They make fake reviews to improve there rating! The wifi is horrible, only 6 people can be on it at a time. The rooms are extremely hot and the bathrooms are way to small for the room sizes. The Indian guy at the front desk is unhelpful and mean. The hostel makes excuses for there errors. The lockers are also broken so it's hard to lock your stuff up.

WIFI is so bad. 1 bathroom for 6/8 people depending on your room and you cant use staff bathroom even though they don't use it. All doors are left wide open and try don't check if youre getting the key assigned to you/your locker. When asked about wifi, metro situations, food nearby he laughed and went back to talking on the phone. Have to pay cash unless you're an attractive woman. Then card works

Great place to meet people. The whole enviroment is super. The location is really close to metro station. The Staff is lovely, always smiling and willing to help you out. My room was very clean. Free WIFI and a free kitchen. 5 Stars hostel

• 24th Jun 2015

Really social hostel and great location, two minutes away from a really nice bar and the metro. Rooms are very hot but no complaints other than that

Stay away. This hostel was awful. The room had no fans AC or windows. There was also no lock on a bathroom shared by 8 people. They charged 3 euro for everything they could. To leave luggage, use the computer (free wifi but not one person could connect to it), for towels anything they could possibly charge for. The staff was extremely rude demanding cash unapologetically when debit machine was down and laughing at us for not knowing where things were and trying to manipulate our cash from us.

Excellent stay. Very nice atmosphere. The common area is really cool to meet people. The Hostel is very clean and offers a lot of services such as free fast WIFI, kitchen, laundry, and a lot more. The Staff is really nice. I couldn't ask for more. I would recommend this Hostel.

This was a wonderfull place to stay. I really liked the Hostel. Clean place. Good Location, very close to train station and to metro station, so easy to go around the city. The Staff was so nice. They offered free Roma maps, Free WIFI, Free kitchen to use, Free refrigerator, Pizza delivery. Laundry is literally at one minute walking. The area where is located is very quite and safe, which was very appreciated. I would come back for sure.

• 21st Jun 2015

Very close to the subway. Reception is open 24h. Very good to meet new people, it is always crowded, what sometthimes can be bad given the noise. The staff is awesome!

Super hostel. Very good staff. Very good location. Very good wifi. I did meet a lot of people. I had a really good time. The location is one minute from subway

Wifi was horrible. I wish there were staff organized activities. Staff was helpful. Close to metro and grocery store

Great social atmosphere, and loved they had a kitchen. No WiFi in the rooms

Pretty clean but small, real euro hostel feel. Only a few minutes to the nearby metro. The front was always helpful but the wi-fi was a little wonky. Met a lot of cool people here, would recommend!

I have been in many Hostels in Italy and this Youth Station Hostel is one of the best for sure. Very nice Staff with a lot of care for guests. Very good WI-FI, free and fast. Very cleaned room. Close to metro station and to the supermaket. Met a lot nice people. I will back next year for sure.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Very good

Not sure if I was just unlucky, but our room wasn't ready when we arrived after the check in time, my locker was broken, and our room had no air conditioning so we had to open the door (apparently someone in our room saw a rat walking out of the room). They did upgrade us to a smaller room for the delay which was appreciated, but there seemed to be lots of confusion regarding the rooms because a lot of people had to move rooms a few times during their stay.

This hostel was in a great location. There was a market right around the corner that was open late and a great burrito shop very close. The beds were comfortable and the rooms had lockers in them. I left my phone in a backpack on my bed instead of the locker and it was stolen. The Wifi only worked in the common area/kitchen. The common area had a good social group in the evenings.

Pros: great hostel environment - clean, relatively secure, lots of other young travellers, kitchen. Good location by a metro stop which was close to the train station. Grocery store nearby. Emailed me back quickly when I had a concern. Cons: felt a bit overpriced for a hostel, but that may have been due to our timing (we were in Rome for the busiest weekend that summer). Spotty wifi made planning difficult. Minor kitchen issues: small fridge and only 2 spoons in the whole hostel?

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6