Youth Station Hostel - Rome - Reviews

Via Livorno n� 5, Rome, Italy

The rooms as well as the beds and bed linens were very dirty. The flair of the rooms is jail like. The bathroom is molding and you don't want to put down your things anywhere. The people at the hostel were nice, but it's definitely not a good hostel to meet people at. The location is pretty good, it's right by the subway station and you are in the student quarter, which means there is some night life.

Very well located hostel, next to a metro station and 20 meters away from a supermarket, so you can save a lot of money since the food in Restaurants and shops is quite expensive. There is a kitchen at the hostel with all one needs to cook. Also the Staff was very helpful in giving tips for going around the city and even one day the receptionist invited me to have lunch. Of course I recommend this hostel.

The hostel is located very close to the metro system which is extremely helpful. The staff were kind and the facility itself wasn't too bad. My main complaint was the value for the price. This is one of the more expensive hostels I've stayed at and the rooms were essentially long hallways with a single shared bathroom among six people. Definitely not worth what I paid for it but still a nice place to stay.

good location with friendly stuff and cheap price.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

very good hostel, excellent staff, good location

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Ukraine

Had a good time. The Staff people are perfect. The manager was very friendly with me. The location is literally 1 minute from the metro station. The kitchen had all you need. The area where the hostel is located had several pubs with drinks at 2-4 euros each, very nice for me that I travel across Europe with little money.

• 9th Apr 2015

This was a great hostel experience. The Staff was amazing, always ready to help you out. Very friendly and accommodating. You feel like being home. They have a new management team took over a few months ago(I was told by the manager) who made the environment of the hostel very friendly. The bed was comfy, I think they had very expensive mattresses 'cause I usually have back pain in every hostel I go, which I didn’t have in this Hostel so it was probably due to the good mattress: 5 stars, really.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Venezuela

The hostel was very good in terms of meeting new people and was literally 1 minute from the metro. Out of all the staff, especially Marco stood out, he was quite talkative and pretty damn hilarious. It is also clear that the hostel is constantly becoming better. With facilities and etc being improved and added. Will definitely stay here when I'll be back in Rome.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Israel

The hostel is located near one metro station and one cheap supermarket. The staff helped us with tips and suggestions. It was so helpful. They are friendly as well. We could use the kitchen to cook with friends and then we were talking with others guys... Really nice atmosphere!

The staff is really lovely and they even made me a favour I am very thankful for! =) Although... I have to say that the hostel's facilities are far from being good. The toilet and sink and shower are not separated, which is very unpractical for that many people sharing one bathroom, which was almost always wet and smelling bad (no rug on the floor!). The wifi simply did not work for 90% of the time, which was really disappointing. The showers were sometimes cold. Unsafe and noisy bunk beds.

At this hostel, i made great friends. The hostel was generally concerned about the people who Stayed here. They were Very autentive To our needs. In addition, The directions were fantástic, Very easy. Highly reccomend!

• 4th Apr 2015

I did really have a good time here. The staff, especially Alex, is just so nice!! He is always willing to help us whenever you ask him, and he is such a friendly guy that he even shared his pizzas with me while I was chatting happily withw other dudes. The only thing I'm not that satisfied is the wifi, it would sometimes be disconnected if there're too many people using at the same time. Besides this, everything is perfect!

it's a good small place , family like where everybody know everybody.. Marco the maneger was really nice to me and considerable , like a friend ! Tichiana on the desk was really really good and professional too.. liked it:-)

Had a great time in Youth Station at Rome! the staff is very friendly and always happy to help, they have a kitchen you can use, the rooms are large and the bathroom is good...the only thing that could be better is the wifi, but I highly recommend it for sure!

Very nice hostel. Location was excellent and having a supermarket next to it came very useful. The staff and the atsmophere was perfect!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Chile

After a long day of traveling, this is by far the best hostel I could have visited. The hostel staff (Marco and I'm not completely sure the other) were some of the nicest hostel staff I have encountered.

• 1st Apr 2015

Cons-Very disorganized in general, not 24hr check in as advertised, only wifi in reception, very over priced over easter, everything besides the room was extra, corridor rooms, 1x1m bathroom/toilet for 8 people, two small electric cook tops but you can't use both and the electric jug at the same time or it cuts the power. Pros- nice area, close to metro, close to supermarket, the cleaning lady does a good job Would not go back.

You booked a room of 8 beds so I wonder why you're complainig now that there were only one bathroom. How many baathrooms did you want for each room?? one bathroom for each bed?? Very over prices: Before booking you knew the prices, why did you book if you are not happy with prices? you could have booked in a cheaper hostel. The reception is 24 hours open as you saw with your eyes. Everything besides the room was extra: are you kidding? we even offered you the breakfast FOR FREE.

Very helpful staff that cares a lot about doing a good job.

• 30th Mar 2015

The stuff is very friendly, always willing to help. Dorm might not be the most beatiful you've ever seen but there is all you need, included lockers and a little bathroom. Metro is just a two minutes walk away wich is great and there is a supermarket just around the corner! Good value for money, basic but with great atmosphere! Thanks a lot!

• 29th Mar 2015

Cool hostel. Good location right round the corner from a metro station