Youth Station Hostel - Rome - Reviews

Via Livorno 5, Rome, Italy

One of the worst experience at a hostel. The location wasn't that great but close to metro. Facility was very poor. There was no sunlight in my room and the bed makes cringing noise every time you move. It felt like I was in prison or something. Also staff were not helpful as well as nice. I would not recommend.

Lovely Hostel at 2 minutes away from the Metro station. They provide a nice kitchen with all kind of tools. The room had a good AC system and it was very spacious room with 6 beds. The bath was inside the room despite other Hostel I stayed at which had the bath outside. The area is kind of cool with several bars, laundry, grocery store,etc. Had a good time. I recomend it to anyone who want to spend not that much and stay in a nice place.

• 18th Aug 2015

The Hostel is very nice, close to Metro and to the center of Rome. There is no City Tax as being an official Hostel. The Air Condition system in my room was very good, although some australian room mates were turning it off every hour saying it was too cold. The Hostel is very clean and the Staff is awesome, they gave me a lot of advices where to go during the night. My room was very big and spacious. I had a big locker with the key. I recomend it.

• 18th Aug 2015

This is the worst hostel that Ive ever been to: -the room and matress were smelly. -the bathroom was small and the toilet's lid was on the floor (never got repaired even tho we asked for that) -the staff was too noisy during the day and not very friendly at night. -they turn off the light of the common space at night so people doesn't stay there and the receptionist can sleep. -The hostel is far away from the center and the neighbourhood where its located has nothing interesting.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Booked based on aircon (rome was 35-36 degrees) and got in the room to find out it didnt work. We complained and were told it didnt work when it was that hot? (Dont ask me how that works). We then asked for a fan and were given the fan from our roomates bed, when we returned it was gone. No sleep at all as a result. Locker locks didnt need a key you could open with your finger. Shower and toilet no lovk also. Well outside of city (not even on the map they provide). Pros: the wifi was average...

We have AC...you have to turn it on from the control into your room. If your room mates kept it off it's not out fault. Sorry. The lockers are very safe but if you forget to close it when you leave the room as you told us why do you complain now?

10 mind to center with metro, easy to find, room that i've stayed has air conditioner, staff clean everywhere in everyday, Internet is one of fastest i've ever seen. Cool!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

There was definitely black mold in the bathrooms and showers. Kitchen was stocked but the stove only worked sometimes. The air conditioning didn't work (surprise surprise) but only one bedroom I saw had a fan, and it was boiling hot indoors. Waking up multiple times per night drenched in sweat wasn't the highlight of my trip, that's for sure. The location was decent because metro was literally 50m away, same with an ATM and great grocery store 10m away.

Good A/C. Nice Staff. Clean Hostel. 10 minutes from Collissuem. Had a very good stay

• 12th Aug 2015

Awful hostel, vey bad wifi, the air condition not working, too hot in the rooms, there isnt any activity, one of the stuff is too rude and unhelpful, beds are making noise all the nights , i do not recommend

Dear guest, you are leaving this bad review just because you booked a dormitory by mistake and wanted a doubleroom instead (at the same price of the dormitory!!). This is not fair. How can you pretend that? Booking a shared dormitory has a different cost than a private room. As you can read from many review our WIFI is very good and the rooms have AC (you have to turn it on from the controller inside the room though).

Excellent Hostel. The A/C was pretty good, my room was literally "frozen" which was really appreciated in this hot summer. My room mate turned off the AC during the night because was too cold inside my room!! The location is very close to the Metro station and a huge grocery store. The room was clean. The Staff was very helpful giving me advices on what to see in Roma. Good WiFi connection. Laundry is near by. I will definitely stay at Youth Station next time I'm in Rome

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Venezuela

Very good location. Good AC. Very clean Hostel. Staff is very Nice. My room was spacious.

• 10th Aug 2015

The staff are all really friendly except the owner, he was pushy and comes into your room every couple of hours to look at lights and stuff. I literally woke up at 2am and found him wandering around. He also asked me to help him with an Internet issue which culminated in him going through my emails and demanding I show him my reviews of other places. There's not much around at the location, it's reasonable safe, rooms are clean, beds are comfy, communal area is ok

• 10th Aug 2015

Dear customer, you had a wrong reservation (for a date 2 months later, mistaken booked by you) and despite we were fully booked I helped you out to find an accomodation that's why I wanted you to show me your reservation but you were not able to do it so you said litterally "I give you my phone, please do it yourself". When you said the owner "walked into the room", it was for this reason: you went into the room without having a correct reservation so we needed you show us the reservation email.

Love this Hostel. Great air conditioning, very friendly and helpful staff. The Hostel is clean and modern. thank you and will be back for sure

• 10th Aug 2015

No AC despite advertising on both Hostelworld as well as their own website. This place is a sweat box at night, 2 old fans for 6 people in a narrow corridor\"room". Was woken up at 11:30 P.M. by staff coming into the room unannounced and turning on all of the lights. Was also woken up at 9 A.M. by staff - same circumstances. Have to leave your key to both your room as well as your locker with staff while you're out. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

Dear guest, you have to turn the AC on from the control inside the room. If your room mates keep them off what can we do? We come into the rooms just to show the bed to the new checkin people. You don't need to leave the keys as mandatory (as we told you at the check-in), it's just a measure of security, if you loose the keys (and it has happened many times) you have to refund it. We also told you at the checkin that you could have kept the keys, no problem....we have a written note about this.

The staff are very unhelpful, the bedroom are really hot, the bathroom and the kitchen are dirty all the time and the reading lights abobe the beds are too strong, so if 1 person turn it on, nobody could sleep. One of the worst hostels ever.

What a great hostel. They have all you need, from the Air Conditioning system (very cold in my room), to the awesome common area and the metro very close to hostel. The Staff is very cool, let you feel home. The location is very central. I can't really complain of nothing.

Was in a great location for metro access and market was close by. Staff was friendly. AC was broken and staff would come into the room and turn off the fans during the day and one time during the night so the room was stuffy in the summer heat. Otherwise it was a great place to stay!

The staff at the hostel were really helpful. I did my laundry at the wash place by the hostel and it closed before I could get my clothes. I had no clothes after Rome. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that I get my clothes, by shipping them. I will definitely be staying here when I come back to Rome. The hostel is not so big, so you can meet people. Also the market and the metro station are less than 3 minutes away. They are always at the reception and know a lot about the city.

Toilet ran non-stop and was noisy, & cistern was constantly dripping water on to toilet seat. No floor mat in bathroom caused a wet floor after showers. A/C vents in the ceiling but no air coming from them, instead had dusty pedistal fans in the bedroom. Woman staff with short hair was polite but indian man got frustrated over little things. Female guests were waking up to find male staff holding a fan over them. Bedroom external door was found open in the morning & locker lock was half turned.

Run, don't walk, away from this hostel. The hostel is dirty and disgusting with no working A/C. There's no common lounge. The staff is unhelpful and security is a joke (the staff asks you to leave your keys with them before leaving for the day). I left after two nights. Marco said he'd get me a refund for the unused nights but I'm not counting on it. To his credit though, I did leave my camera there and Marco held onto it for me. The place may be a dump but, Marco is at least honest.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7