Youthhostel Bern Reviews

Weihergasse 4, Bern, Switzerland

I did not have a great experience at this hostel. I'm not sure why there were people above the age of of 40 staying in my room. The staff was friendly and helpful, which is always nice, but I did not feel comfortable at this hostel.

A huge hostel in a convenient location. Friendly staff. However because of the sheer size of common areas it's not very social for a solo traveller.

Extremely expensive, plus the 6 frank surcharge for non Hostelling International members. Also there are no wifi in the rooms so oyu have to come down to the common room to get internet. Bathrooms are common for the whole floor, and there is just one so it gets incredibly crowded. Overall would not recommend unless you can get something better.

The rooms should have more charging outlets. The hostel was pretty standard otherwise. I did see a lot more older people than in any other hostel I have stayed at., not that it's a bad thing, just an observation. Also, if you are checking out when the cable car isnt working, you will have to haul your luggage up a pretty steep hill to get to the train station.

VERY expensive for what I got... I get that Switzerland is very expensive but this hostel was a joke. Terrible wifi, average breakfast, awful atmosphere, full with kids screaming and families, and old weird people. If you are a solo traveler, is not a good place to stay. Unfortunetely, when I booked was the only place available. The only good point is that they give you a free transport card for your whole stay that saves you a few francs. Not recommend.

I liked this place. Sweet breakfast and nice location. Thanks to the lady who checked me in too.

It was nice that there was room for us fpur people when we arrived a day earlier. Tthe big mixed room was nice and quiet at night except for some snooring. The second night we had a four people room, which was really nice and clean. The shower floors were a bit dirty and nasty to walk on with bare feet, but it was understandable that they can't be cleaned after every use. The staff was really nice and helped us a lot! :)

Really enjoyed my stay. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly Great place to stay.

brilliant hostel, excellent buffet breakfast, value for money, clean beds and hot water, loved the free tea during the day, will be back in this hostel, thanks for a great stay, also thanks for free cable car ticket.

A solid hotel.... Switzerland is an expensive place to stay anyways... and this is the cheapest hostel. It as a family vibe... but breakfasts are free and there a cheap dinner provided. Staff were lovely and extremely helpful!

The hostel has a extremely nice breakfast you shouldn't miss out on. When fallowing the directions to the hostel pay very close attention, because it can be confusing.

Great location, and beds are comfortable. Getting breakfast and transport card were great bonuses. Lockers are just outside the room so are convenient, but very noisy when people are opening and closing lockers all the time. Showers need hooks closer to the shower stalls, instead of 2-3 stalls down. Overall a pleasant stay!

this hostel was very nice and clean! They had a really great free breakfast. the Wi-Fi was good but it didn't work in the room but that's okay. the shower was kind of crazy though because it kept getting really hot and then really cold. I would go back :)

very friendly atmosphere in a wonderful city

• 8th Apr 2015

I only have good words about youth hostelling internacional hostels. Very easy to reach from train station, very nice staff always willing to help and provide the best service (we advised we would leave very early in the morning and they even left our breakfast ready in the reception). Nice confy rooms and clean toilets. Not much of a party hostel, but that was exactly what we were looking for. Would totally come back.

Very friendly staff, happy to chat about the different types of local food and even teach you a word or two of Swiss-German or German! Definitely recommend staying here.

• 4th Apr 2015

I was 3 days at the hostel and needed the wifi to be able to work, there was not internet of all of my staying, and when I went to the reception saying that, they were laughing at my face.... Not nice staff. The location is down the hill, far from city center, the breakfast hasn't fruit. I don't recommend it.

room very noisy. you can´t sleep weel. Internet doesnt work in the room.

No kitchen, just a microwave and a fridge. Their lunch seemed expensive when i booked, so i chose not to. But everything is expensive in switzerland, and i wish i had their food, it seemed really good. It doesn't have a young atmosphere, i don't know why is it called youth hostel. On the contrary, there were lots of old people. It is by the river, and a long climb to get to the city, but once you do, u r at the very center. Like 5min walking. Really helpful staff.

Big hostel with good security but no lockers. Good location in city center and friendly staff.