Youthhostel Bern Reviews

Weihergasse 4, Bern, Switzerland

Great staff, great location and amazing food :) I would recommend this hostel :) we had a great stay :)

Great location with fabulous staff. We stayed in a mixed dorm room with 6-8 beds. Lockers were in the room with us, which was convenient and added extra security. There were a variety of other guests, ranging from other backpackers to families with babies (we loved that). No Internet in the rooms, and even in the large room we struggled to upload photos. Bathrooms were good, though in the shower room it would've been nice to have a private place to undress. Nice place, but pricey!

Overall can't complain! Really great location, super clean, free breakfast and espresso. Really enjoyed our stay and would go back

Free public transport included, excellent x

We were disappointed by paying the extra 6 CHF for the international youth hostel membership fee. But except that everything else was good. The breakfast included was great. The location is a bit off from the train station but close to the old town and a park for swimming and sunbathing.

Very nice hostel overall! Lots of common area, comfortable beds, tree transit pass included in your fees and free breakfast!

A lot better than the international youth hostel in Zurich! Has a much more hostel-esque feel. Sleeping in a dorm with 20 people was reminiscent of my times in the army. Staff was very friendly and the walking tour map I got from the reception was a great way to see the sights in Bern. Also quite easy to find, and only 2 min walking distance from the Aare, so good for those warm, sunny days when you can go swimming!

Only thing I can criticize is the price of one night, but it is in the capital of the most expensive European country. Why not make a nights stay cheaper the more nights you stay?

Nice hostel not far from the train station. Free transport ticket includes use of the funicular for the lazy ones ;) A good breakfast buffet is included which is a definite plus for Switzerland. No lockers in my room, although it seems others had them.

Good location to enjoy Bern and nice breakfast

Not really my cup of tea as there were so many really young kids...shoulda just day tripped bern, and stayed in zurich...if you're up for my challenge, walk the wonderwag along the Aare 21 miles to the Thun Sea...the view is worth the walk and you'll feel better about yourself for completing a long hike... Took me about 5 hours to get there and 19 minutes by train back...but it was better than walking around Bern

A nice hostel close to the river. Not far from the old town either. I would recommend this hostel