Youthhostel Bern Reviews

Weihergasse 4, Bern, Switzerland

Thus was a nice hostel with an AMAZING breakfast and a friendly staff! Dominik was da best!

완전 비추입니다... 역에서 가까운줄로 일앗지만 케이블카도 안되서 무거운짐을 들고 겨우 내려가고 중심지에서 너무 내려간다고 해야할지; 설명은 힘든데 가는길도 힘들고 다시 역으로 가는길도 힘들어요;

There is a nightly fee if you are not a member of this hostel association.

Lovely location, walk past the hedge and the river's just there. Just enough outside of the cbd to be out of the noise.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. Close to main train station, although it is a bit of a hike down (but more so up) the steep hill and stairs as the furnicular had been removed when I stayed here. Wifi was great in the common areas and even worked ok in the dorms. I would definitely stay here again if in Bern

Great comfy and sturdy bed. Breakfast (included) was amazing! Good location. Would definitely stay again!

Pretty good as far as chain hostels go. Impersonal, but good for a comfortable sleep and decent shower.

Good location, and it was fun to get the cable car there from the station. The directions from the train station are very clear and made it very easy to find. The only option I had was a 20 bed mixed dorm, which is sharing with more people than I would usually prefer, so it would be great if there were more room options. The dorm was noisy, but then this is to be expected with that many people. The facilities were really good, although there are only curtains on the showers and not doors

For a 20 person dorm it wasn't bad at all. I was worried about sleeping at night but it really wasn't bad. There were a few things that annoyed me though. First we were welcomed by a bullshit money grab fee for not being a member of some obscure club that you apparently need to be part of. So that was somewhere between 5 and 10 francs I don't remember. Also there were almost no outlets in the common area, and there is no kitchen which is strange for a large hostel. Free breakfast was good.

Had a nice stay here. The highlight was definitely the included breakfast which was amazing! Really liked getting the public transport pass as well. Big communal area, but it was a bit empty and quiet while we were there. No kitchen, but there was a microwave and kettle. Overall a good hostel, would stay here again.

• 27th Aug 2014

Enjoyed my stay there in the mixed dorm. Beds were sturdy and comfortable. Showers were clean (if you're the first one in!) Staff friendly and helpful.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Is a very nice place, very clean and tidy. The room is bigger than wished, with 20 beds, but still good.

The location was good, just a 5 minute walk to the short funiculair which takes you up the hill to the town. The included breakfast was great!! However, atmosphere was lacking and I would not recommend this hostel to solo travellers as it was difficult to meet people- there were a lot of school groups and families there when I stayed there.

Only 10 minutes walk from train station, many spots neaby (don't go to Einstein haus, not worth!), good location. Traveller card available after u arrive the hostel and then u may travel by bus, cable car and train thereafter. There is also a public swimming pool nearby and it is free. Recommend this hostel to everbody!

BEWARE OF HOSTEL TAX IN ADDITION TO CITY TAX. Location was average considering the size of the city. Local transport card included was very useful despite the fact that we already had interrailing passes. Staff were helpful. Given the price it was felt breakfast could have been more substantial and the bed linen provided was old and quite uncomfortable, though we expected this price considering it's in the capital of an expensive country. Security was excellent but overall wouldn't return.

My girlfriend was having a shower when suddenly a men got in the shower facilities to clean, and he was not even caring if there was woman's having a shower! It was disgusting. Also the shower and the bed were terrible. It really does not look like a Hostel, the atmosphere is weird.

We could not get there because of a accident from Venice but the didn't charged us. Thank you so much. I would like to recommand this place for nice staff.

Great staff, great location and amazing food :) I would recommend this hostel :) we had a great stay :)

Great location with fabulous staff. We stayed in a mixed dorm room with 6-8 beds. Lockers were in the room with us, which was convenient and added extra security. There were a variety of other guests, ranging from other backpackers to families with babies (we loved that). No Internet in the rooms, and even in the large room we struggled to upload photos. Bathrooms were good, though in the shower room it would've been nice to have a private place to undress. Nice place, but pricey!

Overall can't complain! Really great location, super clean, free breakfast and espresso. Really enjoyed our stay and would go back