Youthhostel Geneva Reviews

Rue Rothschild 30, Geneva, Switzerland

Wonderful hostel. If you have youth hostel card. This facility require youth hostel card until end of 2014 to free breakfast

The hostel is pretty close to all the main attractions and train station. The staff were friendly and answered all our questions about Switzerland and traveling round it. It was very secure. Would happily stay again.

Wifi nightmare, toilets too far from room, floor very noisy. Lots of school groups making noisy all night, unable to sleep for two days, awful.

I was unsure of this hostel going into it after reading previous reviews...one of the best hostels I stayed at in my 3 weeks backpacking through Europe! The staff members were very nice and helpful - they explained the main sites I should see during my stay and were helpful in providing directions/answering any questions I had. The rooms were nice, the atmosphere quiet by a stone throw from the lake and multiple universities, and the showers and lockers were large. I would absolutely recommend!

This hostel is pretty pricey as far as hostels go, however it will definitely be the cheapest accommodation in Geneva. We werent members of the youth hostel group so we had to pay an extra 6 franks on top of the price so it came to 42 franks for the night. However we were pretty delighted to find out breakfast was included, which was really nice as well which is a bonus. The rooms are clean and the showers were amazing. To store your bags you had to pay 4 franks though which was annoying

Great location but everything is expensive in Geneva.

The best hostel I have ever stayed so far. It's a bit pricey but you get excellent facilities. It's relatively close to the lake. Pubs, bars, restaurants are within walking distance. I'll choose this hostel again when I come back to Geneva :)

Clean and conveniently located. Could walk from the train station easily with my luggage (its about a 15 minute walk). lockers were secure and the the included breakfast was good. It is very expensive for a dorm bed though. Despite this I had trouble finding a cheaper option, particularly as I was on my own and could not split the cost of AirBnB or a hotel room. Also BE WARNED - they will throw an extra 6CHF/night charge at you on arrival unless you are a YHA member.

• 27th Jun 2014

Noise was a bit of an issue but I had earplugs and things seemed to quieten down after midnight/1am. I'd also suggest an sleep mask if light bothers you. The staff were very friendly, helpful and spoke better English than me. The only issue i had in my stay was my 6 dorm room could only fit two euro plugs, one being half way up a wall by the door. If you bring a Swiss adapter though you have a plug at every bed by your light.

• 26th Jun 2014

Best showers ever! This has the feel of a hotel and the lobby is full of people on laptops/phones because the signal doesn't reach rooms. Lockers are outside rooms which was a bit annoying. It's a large hostel so take a lot of groups and doesn't have a great atmosphere. Breakfast was very nice.

Huge lockers, good wifi, good security, a bit tucked away from the center of the city, but not too bad. Very clean, breakfast is good too. Floorboards are creaky though.

The hostel lacks a decent common area. They have space, but it's not a good atmosphere to meet other travelers. Too expensive for what you get. Even in Switzerland. Facilities are modern and the location is decent though.

Hostel building itself is probably the best hostel I've stayed in. Secure and modern building. Plenty of seats in the lobby area to use wifi (since it doesn't work in the rooms). Rooms were adequate, each bunk had its own outlet which was great. Huge lockers outside each room. Only mishap was that I (a female) was initially given a male only room/someone else bed. Was eventually sorted out. Got to leave my bags for free after checkout since all the lockers in the lobby were occupied.

Security is good. Everything must be accessed by RFID card including locker. Atmosphere is quite OK as there are many people spending time around the lobby (partly because there is no wifi in room). Hostel is clean and tidy. Price is rather OK but please read the "Property Information" very carefully. You are required to pay an extra CHF.6/night if you are not a member of Switzerland Youthhostel. Kitchen facilities are limited to 2 microwaves. No stoves.

Excellent facilities, provided all we needed.

A hostel with everything but an atmosphere. The facilities are generally very good with secure storage for luggage, the staff were very helpful and friendly, and a decent breakfast is included in the price- but the building, though clean and modern, has all the charm of a prison block and this lends something of an austere, institutional atmosphere to the place. I would be happy to recommend the hostel for a stay of one or two nights but would be unsure about returning for a longer visit.

Very clean, friendly hostel. The free transportation pass for the duration of your stay makes getting around very easy and the staff are excellent.

Great breakfast!

I stayed at both the City Hostel Geneva and Youthhostel Geneva and from my experiences I thought that City Hostel Geneva (the other hostel) had much more helpful staff and a better location nearer to the station, but Youthhostel Geneva (this one) had a good breakfast included, and more spacious rooms. So it depends what you value more...

Average hostel.. free breakfast is good! Laundry facilities are 13CHF but the lady showed us a cheaper place down the street. Staff were pleasant. Overall pretty clean. Rooms are loud you can hear everything out in the hallway so if you need silence to sleep don't stay here, would stay ageing but will look for something a bit smaller next time! It's huge. Tons of youngins as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4