Youthhostel Geneva Reviews

Rue Rothschild 30, Geneva, Switzerland

Great hostel! Very clean, and nice laundry facility you can use with tokens that are provided. Staff is very nice and helpful. Breakfast was sufficient and good variety. It is right in front of a park which I.liked. kitchen is great too. The rooms are crammed for space when others have big luggages other than book bags, but it is a hostel afterall with shared rooms! So overall, I really liked my stay here. I recommend it to others.

I only stayed 1 night so keep that in mind. Very professional looking place, almost sterile. Did not have a warm inviting atmosphere, not easy to meet people. Cleanliness was top notch. Staff were mostly OK but sometimes away from the front desk for long periods. Expensive for my tastes but inline with Swiss prices in general. Would not recommend unless you can't find another hostel with better atmosphere.

This is not like your average hostel, more just a cheap place to stay so there is a strange mix of people there. Would have been great to at least have a food prep area even just to cut up fruit or prepare coffee. Also with only a small bathroom for that many rooms it really needs cleaning twice a day. Note to anyone with an AU or NZ adapter that the sockets don't fit our adapters bar 1 point in the room! Location was good made it easy to get to/from the train

Everything is great except that the WIFI sometimes doesn’t work (and a staff responded indifferently that there is nothing they can do).

That's good

This hostel is more like a hotel. You will have a hard time meeting people here and will be swamped by a lot of families staying here. The only public place is the lobby where people only go to get wifi. There is no kitchen so be prepared to either pay for the expensive food at their restaurant or go out to eat. They also do not allow food or alcohol in the rooms which defeats the purpose of a hostel. The location is in the "sketchy" part of town as well. Only perk is the transportation card.

It was really nice, everything clean, great bathroom!!! :) nice staff!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

First off, be prepared to pay a hidden fee of you aren't a "hostel" member. I didn't know about this so this was a complete shock. They make you pay for everything starting with their "handtowel" of a towel. The staff were the rudest people I've experienced at a hostel. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone. I was disappointed completely by this hostel. They claim they have safety but you have to pay to keep your things safe when they have a storage room in the back behind reception.

The hostel is ok, but it seems more like a cheap hotel than a hostel. Atmosphere was non existing! Also, they charge you for keeping your bags there after check-out. Its a good place to stay, just didn't feel like a hostel at all. The cleanliness in the bathrooms was not the best and showers are the kind that the water only runs for 30 seconds or so, then you have to press again and again. Breakfast is good and the location is ok, pretty near the train station.

Overall, it is above my expectation with the stay. This is my first time experience Hostle stay and was quite pleasantly surprised. The internet connection was not as well connected during the last day. But the staff was very quick about getting it repaired. Breakfast was ok. I was expecting more hot meals like crepes, pancakes, or waffles. But it was good. Like the access to the kitchen, the lockers, computers etc..... I will go back there to stay in the future.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

It was great! Especially I can use bus or train withyouthhosel card. But it was not good what I couldn't use concent. Electronic socet and my Galaxy(Smart phone) charge line didn't matched.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The showers stank like sewage, in the showers the floor tiles were missing and the ceiling was very rusty and there was no ventilation so it was extremely hot and humid. It's very secure, a little far from the train station but 3 blocks from a tram and you get the free city transportation pass woke you're there.

private room deserves more privacy and comfort than other dorms, however here the facilities are all at the same level as a dorm.

This is probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Everything feels new. It's an enormous hostel and even accepts children and families, which was a little weird to see. If you're looking for a hostel to meet people, this probably isn't it. I was able to meet and talk to my dorm mates, but in the common area or at breakfast no one talks to each other. They do have individual outlets and reading lamps for each bed, which is nice, and the bathroom was never crowded. Easy to walk everywhere.

Good hostel. Wasnt an overly social hostel, or 'youth', but would stay here again!

The staff at the front desk were very nice and quick to answer questions. The facility as a whole was very clean. However, I was in a 6 person room with our own bathroom/shower and that did not get cleaned unless we asked and the toilet paper was not replenished unless asked. The free breakfast is a good deal - the buffet has yogurt, fruit, cereal, granola, cheese, deli meat, bread, hot drinks, and orange juice so you are getting your money's worth. I would recommend this hostel!

WIFI IN THE BEDROOMS will be a GOOOD IDEA!

Loved the breakfast! There was a bit of a quite atmosphere here but it was very clean and the staff were amazing!

The room itself and the lobby were very nice! Our bed sheets looked very worn and definitely needed to be replaced, and the bathroom was really gross (not clean or updated), but our stay was nice. We loved that breakfast was included in the price of the hostel too!

The hostel has a great location with a very modern feel. However this does give a very prison like atmosphere due to your key card being required for every door you go through. The kitchen was also very poorly equipped. However the showers were excellent and the rooms and storage good. Wifi doesn't reach most rooms but luckily we were in a room that could get it, which was a bonus. Would stay again

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5