Youthhostel Lausanne Reviews

Ch. du Bois-du-Vaux 36, Lausanne, Switzerland

A Nice Place to stay with good facilities knowledgable and helpful staff very good self service breakfast

I was only there for one night, but the staff were friendly and helpful especially when I wanted to leave my bags there for the day before checking in later at night. Wifi was a little slow and it is a little far from the main train station, but otherwise a great place to stay

I don't normally leave a bad review but the hostel is a long way from town and there isn't much nearby other than a Italian restaurant. There aren't any lockers in the room and as a single traveller it didn't feel completely safe. Also no shelf to put your stuff on on the top bunk. Breakfast was sufficient and the wifi only worked in the common areas and was very slow at night. It's expensive but there weren't many other options in Lausanne. Wouldn't stay here again.

The staff were really helpful and nice, the wifi in the lounge was really fast, and the rooms were really nice. It was also nice having bed side lights. The only draw back was the location, as it seemed to be so far from Lausanne town, and you really do need to take the bus from the train station and not try to walk it (like I did). There is nothing near by except a pizza restaurant, so you're quite limited on options near by

Was run more like a hotel than a hostel. Had to leave early in the morning before breakfast but staff, bathrooms, and bed were all very suitable. Wifi only works in common room.

a nice place to stay good location nice rooms and breakfast travel pass is included

This is not a "youth hostel" it is more like a cheap hotel. While I was here there was a camp of some kind with hundreds of children under the age of 12 running around. There were also a lot of families here, not my idea of a hostel. It is really far away from the city center but they do give you free transportation cards for the buses and trains. There are no lockers so be weary of your roommates sticky fingers.

it was terrible accomodation ever!! too high prices and just few bathroom and most important thing is bedbug!!!!! humid and not hygiene if i go swiww, reallt i do consider to go laussane. and other hostel. it was terribleal and im now itching and take tablet.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The Hostel was ok, it's quite expensive, even for Switzerland. When we arrived, there was nobody at the reception and we had to wait half an hour until we got Access to the luggage room. No lockers in the dorm. Breakfast was ok for a hostel. The dorm was nice, quite a lot of space for your stuff. All in all, they could do much better for this high Price.

I also posted a review to the hostel directly. My room reeked of cigarette smoke. It gave me coughing fits and I asked for a new room. The second room smelled even worse. I asked for a refund and was told that I could check out but not get my money back. I tried to sleep but just kept coughing, even when using a shirt as a breathing mask. After a few hours of coughing, I packed up my things and checked out at 4 a.m. and hit the road. Huge waste of my time, money, and health.

The reception staff (in the morning) were very helpful and gave us detailed advice on where to travel in Switzerland - much appreciated.