Youthhostel Lausanne Reviews

Ch. du Bois-du-Vaux 36, Lausanne, Switzerland

I also posted a review to the hostel directly. My room reeked of cigarette smoke. It gave me coughing fits and I asked for a new room. The second room smelled even worse. I asked for a refund and was told that I could check out but not get my money back. I tried to sleep but just kept coughing, even when using a shirt as a breathing mask. After a few hours of coughing, I packed up my things and checked out at 4 a.m. and hit the road. Huge waste of my time, money, and health.

Hostel meant for youths. Take note of additional surcharges. 6CHF for non-members of youth hostel. 7CHF for overnight parking. Bathroom under maintenance during stay. Resulting in a long queue for the only bathroom available. Clean rooms and fantastic breakfast!

Good stay. Although I lost my phone in this locality. Breakfast is nice. Saw quite a lot of families come here.

Very nice hostel, quite fancy for a youth hostel... Clean, great facilities, great location. Price was OK considering Switzerland is expensive. The atmosphere was very quiet and included a large number of families with children: not your average backpacker hostel. Nonetheless a nice and quiet stay near the lake, very complete breakfast, can't complain!

the hostel is very clean, but the bathroom is only on second floor. and the most weird thing is when I was showering in female bathroom, there were several boys coming in.......

Great place !!

Switzerland hostels are expensive, so it is good choice if you want to save money