Youthhostel Lausanne Reviews

Ch. du Bois-du-Vaux 36, Lausanne, Switzerland

a nice place to stay good location nice rooms and breakfast travel pass is included

This is not a "youth hostel" it is more like a cheap hotel. While I was here there was a camp of some kind with hundreds of children under the age of 12 running around. There were also a lot of families here, not my idea of a hostel. It is really far away from the city center but they do give you free transportation cards for the buses and trains. There are no lockers so be weary of your roommates sticky fingers.

it was terrible accomodation ever!! too high prices and just few bathroom and most important thing is bedbug!!!!! humid and not hygiene if i go swiww, reallt i do consider to go laussane. and other hostel. it was terribleal and im now itching and take tablet.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The Hostel was ok, it's quite expensive, even for Switzerland. When we arrived, there was nobody at the reception and we had to wait half an hour until we got Access to the luggage room. No lockers in the dorm. Breakfast was ok for a hostel. The dorm was nice, quite a lot of space for your stuff. All in all, they could do much better for this high Price.

I also posted a review to the hostel directly. My room reeked of cigarette smoke. It gave me coughing fits and I asked for a new room. The second room smelled even worse. I asked for a refund and was told that I could check out but not get my money back. I tried to sleep but just kept coughing, even when using a shirt as a breathing mask. After a few hours of coughing, I packed up my things and checked out at 4 a.m. and hit the road. Huge waste of my time, money, and health.

The reception staff (in the morning) were very helpful and gave us detailed advice on where to travel in Switzerland - much appreciated.

Hostel meant for youths. Take note of additional surcharges. 6CHF for non-members of youth hostel. 7CHF for overnight parking. Bathroom under maintenance during stay. Resulting in a long queue for the only bathroom available. Clean rooms and fantastic breakfast!

Good stay. Although I lost my phone in this locality. Breakfast is nice. Saw quite a lot of families come here.

Very nice hostel, quite fancy for a youth hostel... Clean, great facilities, great location. Price was OK considering Switzerland is expensive. The atmosphere was very quiet and included a large number of families with children: not your average backpacker hostel. Nonetheless a nice and quiet stay near the lake, very complete breakfast, can't complain!

the hostel is very clean, but the bathroom is only on second floor. and the most weird thing is when I was showering in female bathroom, there were several boys coming in.......

Great place !!

Switzerland hostels are expensive, so it is good choice if you want to save money