Youthhostel Luzern Reviews

Sedelstr. 12, Lucerne, Switzerland

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I was sleeping in an all female dorm and in the middle of the night we had a man break in, in his underwear, and stay the night in our dorm. Apparently the door locks were broken. It was pretty scary! In the morning the staff weren't very apologetic and did little to make up for the massive security glitch. The hostel is 30 mins at least out of town. Pay the extra and stay somewhere secure.

so very clean, and crew was so kindly, friedly,

The level of cleanliness in the hostel was very high. The staff was also very cooperative and informative.

Great job confirming our room and when we needed to change our arrival time, we received an answer within an hr. Very clean, good location (about 30 min walk to old town), superb breakfast, really cozy/clean/nice private room on the first floor. The window could be opened for some fresh air, it faced a little green area. We stayed for two nights but would be happy to stay much longer. Highly recommend.

• 2nd Aug 2014

There was no lift, it was quite hard to take my bit luggage.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • China

On the whole a positive experience - friendly people and clean room, although there's only one toilet on each floor which is very inconvenient

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

don't let the customers make it clean all stuff. They never clean up thing. Need to be cleaned by staffs.

Jacqueline was extremely helpful & enthusiastic. She spent a good amount of time with us to answer our questions about getting around in Luzerne.

• 14th Jul 2014

I think it is not good location by walking...

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Typical Hostel International hostel. Clean, but very boring and located far from the center. I had no problems with the staff, they were all very helpful. Wifi is really terrible and it does not work at all if there are more than ten people in the hotspot. There are pay terminals for internet there, coincidentally.

They are so nice! I lost my coat there, they picked it up and we're willing to mail it to me. I really appreciate their help!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • China

I only stayed one night but would stay here again , well organised staff at reception where check in was prompt staff also had good knowledge of the area, and transport, for which there were also timetables posted for all to see, beds were comfy , shared showers/ toilets were ok, breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice ranging from cheeses and cold meat cuts , cereals yoghurts fruit breads incl' toast jams etc and very good coffee. with everything replenished when needed by the polite staf

Very far form train station and need to walk up and down the slope. Many student trip here and it is quite noisy at night time. Good breakfast and the staff is good. No washing machine. The room is good.

I didn't really like the hostel. There is zero atmosphere and the location is far away from the city center. The price is quite expensive. The breakfast was a plus as it was pretty darn good.

Geart place will recommend it to people. Good breakfast.

Too expensive for what you get honestly and 0 atmosphere. Lots of families and children.

No cooking facilities at all available

• 12th Apr 2014