Youthhostel Luzern Reviews

Sedelstr. 12, Lucerne, Switzerland

Great place, in the worlds most beautiful city. Had a great stay and it is a very pleasant walk into town. Also there is a very convenient bus the to train station. I enjoyed my stay here a lot and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I had a great stay at this hostel. It's a half hour hike from the tran station and the staff was friendly and helpful. A great breakfast and clean sheets are provided as well as lockers large enough to fit a bag. I would stay here again if I return to Luzern.

• 1st Aug 2015

Awesome breakfast! 20/30 minutes stroll to the center, it has a lake near by were you can walk around or get into. Helpful staff, doesn't have a lift. They charge you an extra 6CH per night if you are not member of the international youthhostel. Quiet area. It doesn't have a kitchen for you to use or store things.

Very nice, however breakfast is not the greatest (dishes were all dirty) and there is only a semi-functioning microwave for guests to use. More of a hotel with dorm room set up. Not good if you plan on partying all night, a bit far from the party area.

I stayed in a 4-beds dorm and because I am a light sleeper, I woke up at least 4 time during the night when my roommates came back. This place is also hard to find so make sure you know EXACTLY how to go before you get there. It is somewhat near to the attractions, only a 30 minutes walk to center of town. And so I prefer to walk to town instead of taking the bus 18 or 19.

Stayed in the 20 bed female dorm. Lockers are available for "free" (need a 2€ coin to use itit; get coin back). Location: secluded across the riverriver, 15 minutes from town. There is a lake close by with a 1-2 mile trail around it (pretty & peaceful). Breakfast is included in the cost but if you arent a member of Swiss Hostels it is an extra 6£ per night. Was a little pricey for me, but overall it was a good hostel.

staff is friendly (the only thing good about this hostel), but they don't have any kitchen facilities (like all yha hostels) and it's insanely expensive to eat out in switzerland. plus for a small city like lucerne it's ridiculous to have to go there by bus plus walk a considerable distance from the bus stop. the shower rooms are poorly positioned, and there's no wifi available in the rooms. i stayed in the 20 bed dorm and it smells funny.

Staff was extremely unfriendly. Room was ready by 1 o'clock however they made us sit there and wait until 3 just because it's "policy". Location was awful and they lied about bus ticket prices and we ended up overpaying. I would never stay here again.

The hostel was a nice place to stay and I really enjoyed the breakfast. The only downside was that I was unable to connect to the wifi when I was in my room.

• 27th May 2015

The staff was very friendly, especially when asking about what to see around the city. Everything was kept clean and I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere around the hostel. The location is maybe a twenty-minute walk from the city center which isn't the best, but there's a bus that can take you there.

• 23rd May 2015

Very nice and cozy hostel go for it

If you are a large group of pre-teens or elderly this hostel is for you, but if you're a solo traveller in your twenties looking to make friends the same age as you probably try another hostel. I had a 20 person dorm all to myself though, so that was nice. Linens were a little dirty but I was only there one night. Not a terrible hostel but definitely not the best I've encountered in my journey.

Great location location just outside the city centre up in the hills. You get a great view walking down from the hostel into town. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was great.