Youthhostel Luzern Reviews

Sedelstr. 12, Lucerne, Switzerland

If you are a large group of pre-teens or elderly this hostel is for you, but if you're a solo traveller in your twenties looking to make friends the same age as you probably try another hostel. I had a 20 person dorm all to myself though, so that was nice. Linens were a little dirty but I was only there one night. Not a terrible hostel but definitely not the best I've encountered in my journey.

Great location location just outside the city centre up in the hills. You get a great view walking down from the hostel into town. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was great.

The Assistant Manager (forgetting her name right now) was extremely helpful and sooo nice! Great breakfast and extremely clean hostel. This is a hostel I use for group trips that I take and personal ones, so its a recurring one and will continue to do so. Yes, location is 15-20 min walk from town, but its Europe. Might be a bit more expensive that other hostels, but its Switzerland with Breakfast, so not bad. Be aware closed during certain times so plan ahead. Overall good value for Switzerland.

Parking was paid...that too outdoor ...we expect parking to be free at least in hotel/hostel

• 28th Dec 2014
  • India

This hostel is great! We enjoyed it immensely. The staff are so friendly and went out of their way to help us however they could. It was very busy but super fun and breakfast was good!

Though the location for the hostel was out of the way, this ended up not being a problem. t's a simple bus ride to get there, and the way to the hostel is signposted on all of the roads. The staff were friendly and my room was very clean. I definitely recommend this hostel if you are staying in Lucerne.

Very clean, quiet and secure.

Nice hotel, excellent staff. But public space should be reorganized.