Youthhostel Luzern

Very Good 871 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
22nd Jul 2017
2.0

This was one of the most horrible stay I've had in a hostel. It rained heavily and the hostel got flooded in, even though I was on Level 2!!! I had to help with the clean up along with the few girls there, a guy walked into the girls' dorm without apologising or any notice. I was very disappointed and they didn't even try to compensate. The staff just ignored me even when I asked for free breakfast as I had no sleep at all. No wifi either except in common room.

18th Jul 2017

Friendly staff, no A/C which was an issue in July. Breakfast is nice, but 10Euro. Good location, 15 min walk to kapellen Bruecke. Bus ticket included with your stay. Grocery store 5 minute walk. Beds are made of concrete (I thought!).

18th Jul 2017

Nice trip, wonderful!

• b-stockdale
  • USA, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

We loved our stay at the Youth Hostel. The whole building was really neat and clean. The rooms were really comfortable and the bathrooms were nice. The free breakfast here is also really good. Would definitely recommend staying here when visiting Luzern.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
9th Jul 2017

easily accessible via public transport (metro 2 stops then a bus 7 stops) aqesome location near the lake. will def come back and stay again. The rooms were clean and tidy good facilities

• New Zealand, Couple, 18-24
4.9

Unfortunately had to leave this hostel early due to the staff being unable to be flexible in moving rooms. Never had to leave a hostel early before but unfortunately had booked a mixed room (traveling with partner) and due to their "automated system" I was the only women in the room with 5 other men. Men being middle aged men who made me feel very uncomfortable and awkward. Thought this was a "youth" hostel. Clearly not. The staff did not understand my discomfort so had to leave.

6th Jul 2017
7.1

This hostel was ok. The rooms were very hot at night so the windows had to be left open. Unfortunately, the hostel was next to a busy street and we heard many cars buzzing through in the night. I did not sleep well at all because of this. I also noticed that their were much less women's bathrooms then men's bathrooms, and the men many times used the women's bathrooms which was very frustrating. We did not eat breakfast as it seemed a little overpriced. It was a clean hostel with friendly staff.

4th Jul 2017
5.7

No WiFi at the rooms. The floor on the Showers were always wet. A girl opened my door with another keycard(she was not in my room). Very small fridge to leave food. And don't go walking, is uphill and far from the center/train station.

3rd Jul 2017
5.4

Very far from center, prepare to hike up hills o get there. They did offer a free bus pass once you get there which is nice. I stayed in a 20 bed dorm, it was awful. No AC, very hot. Didn't get any sleep so I left after one night. Only two showers on my floor and one toilet on the floor above me. Switzerland is expensive and this was a last minute booking, next time I would do more research and spend a little more money for someplace better. My charger adaptor wouldn't fit anywhere!!!!!

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
27th Jun 2017
2.0

Told we could check in at 3. Went up to the room at half 3 and rooms still were not ready. Beds were very dirty! crumbs and hair all over the beds that we had to ask the staff to clean the beds. There was also a stain on one bed and cigarette burn on another. Cracks and stains all over the walls. plug sockets barely held the plug in place so it kept falling out. large noisey schools group took up most of the hostel. Seemed to be no age restriction despite being a "youth hostel".