Youthhostel Montreux Reviews

Passage de l auberge 8, Montreux, Switzerland

The staff was helpful, funny and friendly. This was only mine and my travel mate's second time at a Swiss hostel so we are still getting used to the apparent differences. Not having 24 hour reception was a bother as we got there 1.5 hours early. There was only wifi in the lobby which was fine except the lobby was rather uncomfortable (no comfy seats). I thought the location was supreme as it was only a small walk to town and to the castle. The breakfast was AMAZING. Overall, great stay. :)

Was only 4 other travellers that i saw of during my stay here so atmosphere wasnt quite as social as I would have liked. what few staff I saw during my stay seemed like they were having a bad day and wifi only worked on ground floor which was very inconvenient. Free breakfast was good and showers were clean which is all you can ask for i suppose. about 25 mins walk from freddie mercury statue, which is the only reason I came to montreux. it was a very beautiful city, highly reccomend

Very nice place, It would be perfect with a more decorated/confortable/warm common room.

Good location (on the lake) but be sure to go to Montreux Territet train station or you face a 40 minute walk. That same walk is awesome without luggage though. The doors to the exterior didn't always seem to lock on time, but the rooms themselves were secure. Lockers are available. Bathrooms & showers have a door that can be completely closed & locked which is awesome-not a row of shower stalls! Towel provided as well.