Youthhostel Montreux Reviews

Passage de l auberge 8, Montreux, Switzerland

The location isn't really ideal... The riviera card they hand out is very helpfull tho, so you can just take the bus 201 to the hostel. But from Montreux it's a half an hour walk... I would suggest them to hire some young people to work at the reception. Some one who is excited to be helpful. Excellent breakfast! No lockers in the rooms, but in the hallway... The trains runs right next to the building so it's quite noisy to sleep. Nice facilities otherwise.

Hostel had lots of room and was clean. Showers had good pressure and temp and gave you lots of room. Beds and linen were great. I would recommend this place to others.

Very clean!! I really appreciated this. We got a free Montreux Riviera Card which got us free transit in the area and great deals on all the touristy attractions. The breakfast was just what I needed. The receptionist was a bit stern, but overall a very good experience!

• 17th Jul 2015

Would be very wonderful if you would put older visitors into the same dorm room. I met an older visitor at breakfast and really enjoyed her company. If we did not both get down to breakfast at opening time, we would have missed each other. Meeting others who are older than the usual age for hostels is fun, so helping grouping would be ideal. Thank you. Otherwise very pleasant experience.

Been able to purchase wine or beer at reception was really helpful.

It was very noisy because of very near railway station. We have some trouble due to overbooked.

Lady working reception was very friendlfriendly and helpful; the man was less helpful and somewat short. Locaton aout of ththe at from Montreux but only 25 min wak; close to a train station however (both old and bad). Would be nice to expand WiFi capa ilities to the rooms

You are not allowed to cook at this hostel. They have a cafeteria where you can purchase meals only. Breakfast is included.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The only major complaint I have is that it is not closer to the city center, however the walk there was very pretty along Lake Geneva. It was also very close to a train line and it was very loud when a train came past.

Doesn't really have much of an atmosphere. I didn't see any awesome hang out areas. Everything else was fine. Breakfast was good.

It is located quite a distance away from Montreux centre ville, but other than this place there are no cheap accomodations nearby so if you decide to spend a night in Montreux you don't have much choice. Good thing is that it is a nice pleasant 20 minute walk from Chateau de Chillon. Not enough showers and bathrooms but they were clean. Lockers are located outside the rooms, which was a little bit inconvenient. All was fine except for the noisy teenagers group.

Location is good. The room is small, stuffed and very noisy. Cleanness is ok. The sound proof of terrible, feels like sleeping in a train station, while other people work outside.

• 16th May 2015
  • China

Stunning location. If you can't catch a train that stops at Territet, take bus 102. Don't know why they don't mention that. No transport card provided like some hostels in Switzerland, but you will always want to walk. Be prepared for noisy school groups, noise carries dreadfully in the halls. Good at conserving energy but lights are on sensor and some are broken / not sensored at all. Constantly looking for a switch in dark, dangerous on stairs. Wifi only in lobby. Reception hrs horrible.

very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The staff was helpful, funny and friendly. This was only mine and my travel mate's second time at a Swiss hostel so we are still getting used to the apparent differences. Not having 24 hour reception was a bother as we got there 1.5 hours early. There was only wifi in the lobby which was fine except the lobby was rather uncomfortable (no comfy seats). I thought the location was supreme as it was only a small walk to town and to the castle. The breakfast was AMAZING. Overall, great stay. :)

Was only 4 other travellers that i saw of during my stay here so atmosphere wasnt quite as social as I would have liked. what few staff I saw during my stay seemed like they were having a bad day and wifi only worked on ground floor which was very inconvenient. Free breakfast was good and showers were clean which is all you can ask for i suppose. about 25 mins walk from freddie mercury statue, which is the only reason I came to montreux. it was a very beautiful city, highly reccomend