Youthhostel Montreux Reviews

Passage de l auberge 8, Montreux, Switzerland

Nice place to stay close to the Lac Leman. The only thing to take into account is that it is far away from the city centre. Nevertheless you get a transport ticket to use the bus once you are there.

Clean and functional. Biggest complaint is that you had to continuously hold the button for water to come out of the shower. Second biggest complaint is that there are nowhere near enough outlets in the hostel, including outside of the bedrooms. Relatively cheap and a lovely view of the sunset though. Note: Lockers are outside the rooms - I just chained my bag to my bed.

The staff is a bit impatient when I tell him there is only one socket in the room. I think they can add a multiple socket to provide more socket to the customer.

Location is a 20 minute walk from Montreux but the lakeside spot makes up for it - stunning! For anyone trying to get to this hostel from Territet it's two minutes from the station but the information doesn't say in what direction - you have to go through the underpass to the lake side, then it's two minutes away from Montreux, passed the tennis club.

Excellent service from the lady at the front desk - THANK YOU! Things for travellers to know about the hostel - it is right next to the train tracks BUT the trains aren't too noisy. We were in a room in the middle of the hostel and couldn't really hear them. It is a good 30min walk from train station BUT it is a lovely walk along the waterfront. The hostel itself is very clean and tidy - we had a bathroom in our room of four bunks which was great. And the bunks were wood - so not squeaky - yay!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Good youthhostel, just near the lake and the Territet train station possibility to park your car just next to the hostel, for free (max 5 hours) only drawbacks I would mention is that there is no kitchen; indeed, they have there own restaurant where you can eat for ~15-20 Chf, but you can't cook by yourself as in other youthhostels. internet doesn't work in the rooms

This was the only hostel available in the area and it was very near the railway track. Bring your ear plugs! The counter staff was efficient and swiftly facilitated the check-in. Breakfast was included. It was simple but good! There weren't any lockers in the all female dorms; lockers were outside. Ended up not needing any as I shared the drom with two other friendly travellers from Swiss. Chatting with them made my stay pleasant and I had experienced a whole day of rain during my stay.

The hostel was far away from everything else in Montreux, so it was difficult walking back to the place after visiting Montreux. The facility was average.

No lift, a bit far from downtown, unkind staff check-in starts at 5 pm. If you arrive earlier, you cannot do anything. It is located near by train rail. It was so noisy. I stayed on 4th floor, it was hard to go up with my luggage without a lift.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Could be a great ideat offer carrier for charger the mobile phone! Exceptional breakfast: coffea, capucciono, tea, milk, juice, butter, 2 different types of jam, 2 types of yogurt, 3 types of cereals, 2 types of bread. As the Montreux territe gare is not well usrd...the best way to arrive is stop in the main station and take bus number 201 !!!

• 5th Jul 2014

Wow, memory foam mattress, fitted bedsheets and duvet cover! Nice. Very clean hostel! I like that breakfast is included. Location is right next to the walking path along the lake. I just didn't like that I had to wait til 5pm to check in. I arrived at 11 am. Good thing there are lockers by the lobby. Internet was slow. But most importantly, this hostel is very clean!

The place maybe good for school children doing summer tours...but not for backpackers!

I recommand this hosel in aspect of price, Hostel offers free breakfast. But nothing more. Specially it was really difficult to find hostel. And without elevator and narrow and spiral steps, I was exhausted to arrive at my room.

This hostel is at least half an hour walk from the train station. I left my bag in a locker during the day (which is located in the reception area) and the door was ripped off and all the things taken out of my bag as a thief was looking for valuables. Luckily nothing was taken, but the staff seemed nonchalant about the occurence. I think it must not be safe if during daytime hours someone can come in, rip off a locker door, go through ALL my things, and leave it on the floor. BE WARNED. UNSAFE.

The breakfast was amazing but besides that the hostel is below average from what I have seen everywhere else in Europe. Since its in Switzerland it is amazingly expensive. From my opinion its not worth half of what I paid for the room. Its quite far away from town center. The most positive thing about the hostel is the view that you have of the lake abd the mountains juste across the street. Besides that its pretty basic...

You can't find any sockets in the hostel.

Bathroom was a bit dirty and breakfast was pretty light. Location on the water is excellent but it is far from main train station (probably 45 minutes, not 30). We were given a free upgrade into a private room which was great! All in all, a nice hostel, just be prepared to walk.

It's the most expensive hostel I've stayed in Switzerland. It's positive that they are conscious about the environment and take necessary measures for this. It is annoying however that the lights go out every two minutes when you're in the shower and you have to press a button outside the shower to put this on again. Not convenient with shampoo in your eyes. Next to that, all ingredients of the free breakfast are full of refined sugar so I bought my own.

C\'est dommage que la personne a la réception ne parle pas bien français. J\'ai reçu un email très sympathique d une femme mais l homme a la réception était désagréable et m a même dit que j\'étais dans une auberge de jeunesse et pas dans un hôtel! de septembre à décembre j\'ai fait 7 pays seule (allemagne, russie, mongolie, chine, indonésie. australie...) en 4 mois et que dans des hostels ! j ai été surprise par ce manque de professionnalisme et par ce commentaire!