Youthhostel Schaan-Vaduz Reviews

Untere R�ttigasse 6, Schaan, Liechtenstein

This hotsel looks and feels like a mental hospital - very sanitised and not much fun. Too quiet, no atmosphere. Difficult to find also, the directions they give are non-existant. I looked it up on a map and still had trouble finding it. The receptionist is nicer to German speaking people, so if you dont speak much German she can be a bit cold.

I cannot recommend this hostel. Atmosphere is like a hospital or prison. Too expensive. You'll find a hotel in this price-range. Location is far from Vaduz and the hiking trails. Parking costs money. Try to stay in Feldkirch, Austria.

Like what most people have stated, the hostel is nothing to write home about. I thought it was odd that they only work from 5pm-9pm. If you get there early, you're SOL. Absolutely no atmosphere. One tiny room with a pool table. We had an ensuite room but only a shower. Had to use community bathrooms. And she wouldn't let us change our room to a smaller one since we had a member drop out. Said I'd have to go online & cancel, lose all the $, even tho plenty of open rooms. Not my favorite.

One the reception girls was kind of rude, but overall, alright. I wish the wifi worked in the rooms.

The fact that reception does not open for most of the afternoon is a little tricky, but otherwise the hostel was fine.

I ended up arriving after the check-in time and was not able to contact the hostel because I don't have an international number, but the staff left the code for me to access the building and left out bed sheets and locker keys for me. It was really nice to know that I was able still able to get in after the staff had already left for the night.

• 1st Aug 2014

Good hostel but the prices are high (because of the country). You have to pay for the parking.

i really enjoyed my stay. i look forward to returning in subsequent years

• 2nd Jul 2014