8.7
Fabulous 588 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 588 Total Reviews
Youthhostel Zermatt Located at Staldenweg 5, , Zermatt.
Switzerland
Zermatt Wallis 3920 Staldenweg 5
87% 588
46.0157109 7.7485799
    Rooms available

21st Jul 2016
7.7

Nice hostel. We had private room with bathroom which was nice. Room was too hot. Need fans. Location is far, far from train and uphill. I'm over 50 and had to stop twice before getting there due to steep inclines walking up with baggage. I think I'd spend the money for a room in town next time. Nice (cold) breakfast in the am was included (cereal, yogurt, sandwiches)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

Overall this was a nice hostel. The facility was great! Very clean, beds were comfortable. But I have to say it's not your typical hostel. There were tons of families with young kids here. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm and I was for sure the youngest person in my room by over 10 years! if you are a young traveller this is not the place for you because of this I would probably never go back. I would rather have not so good facilities and a better atmosphere but that is just my preference.

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2016

My mom and I stayed for four nights at the Zermatt Youth Hostel and absolutely loved it. It was quiet during sleeping hours, clean, the breakfast was superb (the best we've had yet!), and you simply cannot beat the location. We loved Zermatt and the hikes we took. The people were friendly and it was a joy to meet such serious hikers. Reception was professional and warmly helpful. We loved it so much, we turned around and made a reservation for four additional nights at the end of our trip!

3rd Jul 2016

Very pleasant, comfortable and well-managed hostel. I would highly recommend it and would stay here again.

29th Jun 2016
7.1

This is the 2nd Youthhostel "Switzerland" I've stayed at. This one had great rooms and bathrooms but the atomsphere wasn't ideal. They did play the fußball games but these hostels are oriented for big school groups not really the backpacker.

• Hungary, Male, 25-30
23rd Jun 2016

This hostel is a great value for money considering the location (Swiss alps, Zermatt). The staff was really friendly and helpful and the whole place is very neat. Only thing to improve: there was no proper kitchen with all the regular kitchen facilities for the guests to use.

22nd Jun 2016

Great hostel, easy to walk to but may be difficult for some if they have heavy/ many bags. Clean rooms/ bathrooms. Filling/ variety of breakfast choices to fuel your day. Serves its purpose for one of the cheaper places to stay in Zermatt.

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2016

Overall, is a nice and clean hostel but is really far from the train station

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Jun 2016

Was a great Hostel especially in a place like Zermatt where there weren't that many cheap options to stay. The only problem with the hostel was that it was up a giant hill and the only way to get up there really was to walk. However most of Zermatt was pretty hilly so no matter where you stay unless you find a place right in town most likely you will be walking up some sort of hill. Great place would recommend Zermatt as a place to go in Switzerland.

• USA, All Female Group, 41+
17th Jun 2016

My first stay in a hostel. All others have a high standard to be compared to! Perfect place for families to stay.