8.5
Fabulous 618 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 618 Total Reviews
Youthhostel Zermatt Located at Staldenweg 5, , Zermatt.
Switzerland
Zermatt Wallis 3920 Staldenweg 5
85% 618
46.0157109 7.7485799
    Rooms available

• youaremyrock7020
  • Scotland, Female, 41+
6th Sep 2016

loved the veiws.Buses stopped a bit early,hill to walk a a bit steep at end of the day,my legs not very good at times.Loved little village at the top.Everyone freindly. one school group senior some girls screaming,did not think of other guests staying there,group leaders should have more controll over the group and should have taken the to 1 side and spoken to the girls involved.Enjoyed OUR time in Zermatt and Hostel.Would Like to Visit Zermatt and stay in Hostel again.Would recommend to freinds

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Sep 2016
8.0

Nice affordable place, I have nothing bad to say about it except that there is a big hill to get there

28th Aug 2016

Walk from the train station isn't bad. Hostel is situated pretty much halfway between town center and hiking trails. Facilities were nice but more lights in the girls bathroom would certainly be convenient. Lots of families and groups, but I didn't have a problem finding some solo travelers to befriend. Front desk was super nice. He asked if I liked stairs and when I replied that I'd been hiking all day he upgraded my room from the 4th floor to a smaller one on the 2nd, no extra cost!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
18th Aug 2016
6.9

The hostel is pretty far out from the centre of the city and the station, it requires about a 15 minute walk. Please note reception is closed from 10am-4pm. You can store your luggage in a locker but make sure you have a 2 Swiss Franc coin otherwise you can not access the key and since there is nobody at the reception you will be unable to swap any money. The bottom sheet this hotel gives you is made out of towel material and is not particularly comfortable.

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2016
6.3

Not bad but not just that good.

1st Aug 2016

A nice hostel, but far from the stations. Booking through HostelWorld, the member discount is not available.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
27th Jul 2016

Offers good dinner; good breakfast included; big lockers in the room itself (unfortunately opening and closing them is noisy); option to borrow an adapter plug for a small deposit, very good!

26th Jul 2016
5.4

Staff: I saw them give other guests discounts and Toblerones. I don't know if my relative misfortunate was due to me booking on Hostelworld or my failure to flirt with the staff. They also gave me mis-guided advice about hiking. Atmosphere: Children & families, youth groups... not what I was looking for in a mountain hostel. Value: They serve breakfast much too late for hikers, so I paid for breakfasts I didn't get. Facilities: There is no kitchen for guests to use.

21st Jul 2016
7.7

Nice hostel. We had private room with bathroom which was nice. Room was too hot. Need fans. Location is far, far from train and uphill. I'm over 50 and had to stop twice before getting there due to steep inclines walking up with baggage. I think I'd spend the money for a room in town next time. Nice (cold) breakfast in the am was included (cereal, yogurt, sandwiches)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

Overall this was a nice hostel. The facility was great! Very clean, beds were comfortable. But I have to say it's not your typical hostel. There were tons of families with young kids here. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm and I was for sure the youngest person in my room by over 10 years! if you are a young traveller this is not the place for you because of this I would probably never go back. I would rather have not so good facilities and a better atmosphere but that is just my preference.