Youthhostel Zermatt Reviews

Staldenweg 5, Zermatt, Switzerland

Very, very nice hostel! Clean, with a good breakfast and a breathtaking view!!!

Only pay attention to the wifi signal at the rooms. Usually, I needed to go to the reception to use internet because in my room (in the second floor) it was not working well. Despite this, the hostel is excellent. Good rooms, baths and common areas. The breakfast is really good too.

• 30th Oct 2015

Very friendly staff. Comfy beds and clean room. Generally very modern and a little Spartan inside. Perhaps lacking a very well-equipped common area, but the canteen was always open for people to make tea and buy coffee. Plenty of things to do in the surrounding area, however, so a well-equipped common area isn't really needed! I'd definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Zermatt.

• 24th Oct 2015

it has a great view outside the window. but you have you clime uphill. it's a bit inconvenient if you have heavy luggage. and there isn't a lift for luggage transport. no kitchen, just a microwave and two kettles.

Regular hostel. Only complaint was that I found it very difficult to find. There are no written directions. On this app/site it is called Youth Hostel Zermatt and when I was looking for it they have called it Hostel International.

If there is a microwave for customer, it would be very helpful in an expensive city like Zermatt.

Clean, basic, functional HI hostel. Decent price for Zermatt. Not a great place to hang out or meet people though. Most people were in groups of friends.

Not eady to find. So far. View of the my room is not good. hostel's facilities(pillow, bed sheet etc,.) is nice.

The hostel was fairly clean with comfortable beds, which is what is most important to me as it is mostly just a place to shower and sleep. However, there was no kitchen for guests, so we couldn't keep perishable food and cook for ourselves, which is what I always prefer to do in expensive Switzerland. Breakfast was included, and was okay. The wifi only worked downstairs, however, and we ended up foing elsewhere to get internet access to make phone calls. Also, mostly families staying.

Pretty good. Just a normal hostel.

Very nice hostel. Everyone kept to themselves, very quiet. Facilities were very clean, and I felt both safe and comfortable using everything. Disappointed lockers required 2 CHF to use them, but happily surprised when it gets refunded when you open them. WiFi was pretty mediocre - required us to constant re-connect, was slow and available only in the lobby. The free breakfast was great, seems like everyone staying enjoyed it. Would stay again.

Great place to stay for hiking and exploring around zermatt. Was nice to come back to a very clean room and hostel everyday.

Youth hostel is by far the cheapest place to stay in zermatt. If you are coming here it's a great place to stay. Not mention our room having a view of the Matterhorn. Breakfast is the best hostel breakfast I have ever had. No wifi in the rooms which kinda stinks but you can make due without it. Dinner at the hostel is 17.50 and the cheapest place for dinner in the whole city unless you go to McDonald's. Overall best place to stay in the expensive city of zermatt.

It was a great hostel. Bathrooms were clean and lockers were huge. Staff was great. Christian, who works at the front desk, was a really funny guy. Good place to stay in Zermatt.

Wifi only works on the first 2 floors (first being reception and second being food hall) which is pretty inconvenient, says that it has lockers but they are 2CHF I'm assuming per use? Only one washing machine and dryer so you will be waiting a while if you need to do washing. Very expensive for what you get but most of Zermatt is like that

this hostel was pretty good, friendly staff, the free breakfast was really good, WiFi was decent, managed to get it in my room when staff said it was only available on reception and 1st floor, location is good, 10 minute walk from train station. would recommend this place for Zermatt if your on a budget

Very clean - cleanest bathrooms I've seen in a hostel. Amazing breakfast for a free breakfast. The staff is very helpful. I think the beds are normal bunk beds in all the other rooms, but the 8 bed mixed dorm we stayed in had beds all lined up right next to each other. You're basically sharing a queen sized bed with the person next to you. Awkward.

The staff was very informative. The facilities were very clean. The breakfast was also very good. Great experience.

Really nice hostel. Like a lot of things in Switzerland, you have to walk up a big hill to get there! The facilities are fine - I had the hostel dinner to save money and I was given a lot of food for a good price.