Youthhostel Zermatt

Fabulous 665 Total Reviews
Fabulous 665 Total Reviews

19th Feb 2017

Super convenient 5-10 minute walk to the ski lift and only 5-10min from town as well. Nice view of the Matterhorn from the dining room. Staff was super friendly and helpful.

• USA, Male, 31-40
29th Jan 2017

Not sure about the negative reviews, but this is my first experience with a hostel and they made it great for me. The little expectations I had were greatly met by the staff. Couldn't have been more happy of my stay.

• Japan, Male, 31-40
22nd Jan 2017

This was my first time to stay at Zermatt Youthhostel. I like their room price,cleanness and location. I got perfect Matterhorn mountain view from my room. I booked a room that I have to share with other 3 guys, but lucky there is no any guest in my room while I stayed. Their restaurant is also great. They served free break-first and offer good dinner meal with affordable price. I highly recommended it.

• Ireland, All Female Group, 25-30
13th Jan 2017
6.3

Good points: hearty breakfast, lovely staff, amazing view Bad points: there is no comfortable area to relax in, the dining room and lobby are very clinical. Our room smelled of (probably) cheese, not surprising that people are eating in the rooms since the communal areas are not inviting! The other hostel in Zermatt was also cheaper so I can't rate this one very highly.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017
7.7

Great hostel. Little bit disappointed with the lack of wifi in the rooms.

• Lebanon, All Male Group, 18-24
27th Dec 2016

BEST HOSTEL EVER

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
24th Dec 2016
8.0

Location is accessible by bus, taxi (expensive), and foot. I never tried the bus but if it's available, take it so you don't have to walk far and uphill very much. It's a bit hard to find as the signs doesn't say "Youth Hostel." You also have to put the provided bed sheets yourself and remove it after using. Other than that, it's perfect - breakfast, view, atmosphere, and cleanliness!

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
21st Dec 2016

Love the area. The transport around is convenient.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
11th Dec 2016
7.1

The location was difficult to get to when travelling with a suitcase as you have to pull it up a steep hill and then carry it up a long flight of stairs. If that wasnt enough, the dorms are on the 4th floor and there is no elevator. The kitchen didnt have a toaster or a working kettle. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and welcoming. Lockers were available free of charge. Wifi in the room wasn't good. Overall, I was happy with my stay.

• Philippines, Female, 41+
1st Dec 2016

My first time to stay in a Youth Hostel and I am quite pleased with the accommodations. Basic, clean and affordable.