8.5
Fabulous 606 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 606 Total Reviews
Youthhostel Zermatt Located at Staldenweg 5, , Zermatt.
Switzerland
Zermatt Wallis 3920 Staldenweg 5
85% 606
46.0157109 7.7485799
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 25-30
18th Aug 2016
6.9

The hostel is pretty far out from the centre of the city and the station, it requires about a 15 minute walk. Please note reception is closed from 10am-4pm. You can store your luggage in a locker but make sure you have a 2 Swiss Franc coin otherwise you can not access the key and since there is nobody at the reception you will be unable to swap any money. The bottom sheet this hotel gives you is made out of towel material and is not particularly comfortable.

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2016
6.3

Not bad but not just that good.

1st Aug 2016

A nice hostel, but far from the stations. Booking through HostelWorld, the member discount is not available.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
27th Jul 2016

Offers good dinner; good breakfast included; big lockers in the room itself (unfortunately opening and closing them is noisy); option to borrow an adapter plug for a small deposit, very good!

26th Jul 2016
5.4

Staff: I saw them give other guests discounts and Toblerones. I don't know if my relative misfortunate was due to me booking on Hostelworld or my failure to flirt with the staff. They also gave me mis-guided advice about hiking. Atmosphere: Children & families, youth groups... not what I was looking for in a mountain hostel. Value: They serve breakfast much too late for hikers, so I paid for breakfasts I didn't get. Facilities: There is no kitchen for guests to use.

21st Jul 2016
7.7

Nice hostel. We had private room with bathroom which was nice. Room was too hot. Need fans. Location is far, far from train and uphill. I'm over 50 and had to stop twice before getting there due to steep inclines walking up with baggage. I think I'd spend the money for a room in town next time. Nice (cold) breakfast in the am was included (cereal, yogurt, sandwiches)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

Overall this was a nice hostel. The facility was great! Very clean, beds were comfortable. But I have to say it's not your typical hostel. There were tons of families with young kids here. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm and I was for sure the youngest person in my room by over 10 years! if you are a young traveller this is not the place for you because of this I would probably never go back. I would rather have not so good facilities and a better atmosphere but that is just my preference.

15th Jul 2016

The hostel is between 20 to 30 minutes walking from the train station. The free breakfast has a buffet with yogurt, cereal, bread, jam, meats, etc.. And is quite good. There's also a good dinner option for 17€ or fondue for 22€, which is cheaper than almost anywhere in town. The atmosphere isn't great, groups kinda keep to themselves except at breakfast, but if you're going to Zermatt you're not going for hostel atmosphere. Quite a few families and people over 40 during my stay.

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2016

My mom and I stayed for four nights at the Zermatt Youth Hostel and absolutely loved it. It was quiet during sleeping hours, clean, the breakfast was superb (the best we've had yet!), and you simply cannot beat the location. We loved Zermatt and the hikes we took. The people were friendly and it was a joy to meet such serious hikers. Reception was professional and warmly helpful. We loved it so much, we turned around and made a reservation for four additional nights at the end of our trip!

• USA, Female, 41+
4th Jul 2016

The rooms were clean and quiet and were supplied with a locker that locked. Safety was great. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and I never had to wait to use the shower or commode. The staff was very helpful and answered all my questions. We ate several meals at the hostel and they were good and filling. It is very expensive to buy a dinner in Zermatt and the hostel was the least expensive meal in town. The breakfast was filling and plentiful.