Youthhostel Zermatt

Fabulous 687 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 687 Total Reviews

18th Apr 2017

In Zermatt cars are not allowed, so we had to take a 1,5km walk to the hostel. The staff was very helpful, the other guests were fine people too. Very clean, good kitchen and a marvelous breakfast buffet. No complains, would stay there again, no doubts.

11th Apr 2017
7.4

stay for Matterhorn view..

• Thailand, Female, 31-40
4th Apr 2017

Overall everything was good with reasonable price in Zermatt. If you have big luggages, you have to prepare yourself to be strong enough to drag your luggage up the super giant hill to reach the hostel.

2nd Apr 2017

Clean and quite, just what I needed.

31st Mar 2017

Nice place overall. Location is a little far from the train station and is up a giant hill. Nice and clean overall.

19th Feb 2017

Super convenient 5-10 minute walk to the ski lift and only 5-10min from town as well. Nice view of the Matterhorn from the dining room. Staff was super friendly and helpful.

• USA, Male, 31-40
29th Jan 2017

Not sure about the negative reviews, but this is my first experience with a hostel and they made it great for me. The little expectations I had were greatly met by the staff. Couldn't have been more happy of my stay.

• Japan, Male, 31-40
22nd Jan 2017

This was my first time to stay at Zermatt Youthhostel. I like their room price,cleanness and location. I got perfect Matterhorn mountain view from my room. I booked a room that I have to share with other 3 guys, but lucky there is no any guest in my room while I stayed. Their restaurant is also great. They served free break-first and offer good dinner meal with affordable price. I highly recommended it.

• Ireland, All Female Group, 25-30
13th Jan 2017
6.3

Good points: hearty breakfast, lovely staff, amazing view Bad points: there is no comfortable area to relax in, the dining room and lobby are very clinical. Our room smelled of (probably) cheese, not surprising that people are eating in the rooms since the communal areas are not inviting! The other hostel in Zermatt was also cheaper so I can't rate this one very highly.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017
7.7

Great hostel. Little bit disappointed with the lack of wifi in the rooms.