Youthhostel Zermatt Reviews

Staldenweg 5, Zermatt, Switzerland

I really enjoyed my stay. I liked the location and the friendliness of the staff. The locker system helped udon the first day a lot as we arrived early. The taxi system was great. Room was clean. Great! Only thing was the showers had no light.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Northern Ireland

Very, very nice hostel! Clean, with a good breakfast and a breathtaking view!!!

Only pay attention to the wifi signal at the rooms. Usually, I needed to go to the reception to use internet because in my room (in the second floor) it was not working well. Despite this, the hostel is excellent. Good rooms, baths and common areas. The breakfast is really good too.

• 30th Oct 2015

Very friendly staff. Comfy beds and clean room. Generally very modern and a little Spartan inside. Perhaps lacking a very well-equipped common area, but the canteen was always open for people to make tea and buy coffee. Plenty of things to do in the surrounding area, however, so a well-equipped common area isn't really needed! I'd definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Zermatt.

• 24th Oct 2015

it has a great view outside the window. but you have you clime uphill. it's a bit inconvenient if you have heavy luggage. and there isn't a lift for luggage transport. no kitchen, just a microwave and two kettles.

Regular hostel. Only complaint was that I found it very difficult to find. There are no written directions. On this app/site it is called Youth Hostel Zermatt and when I was looking for it they have called it Hostel International.

If there is a microwave for customer, it would be very helpful in an expensive city like Zermatt.

Clean, basic, functional HI hostel. Decent price for Zermatt. Not a great place to hang out or meet people though. Most people were in groups of friends.

Not eady to find. So far. View of the my room is not good. hostel's facilities(pillow, bed sheet etc,.) is nice.

The hostel was fairly clean with comfortable beds, which is what is most important to me as it is mostly just a place to shower and sleep. However, there was no kitchen for guests, so we couldn't keep perishable food and cook for ourselves, which is what I always prefer to do in expensive Switzerland. Breakfast was included, and was okay. The wifi only worked downstairs, however, and we ended up foing elsewhere to get internet access to make phone calls. Also, mostly families staying.