Youthhostel Zurich Reviews

Mutschellenstr. 114, Zurich, Switzerland

Staff were great, big common area and great breakfast. Rooms were small but lockers and sinks in room were great. Very few hostels in Zurich but this one is very safe, big, busy and friendly.

Perfect hostel!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

The directions to find the hostel were pretty accurate except where to catch the number 7 tram. The stop is south of the HB on Banhofplatz right where Bhanofplatz starts, make sure your ticket is validated by the ticket machine. I had some noisy roommates on night three who would be there for the next couple of days, and when I asked for a room change it was done easily without a fuss, that was awesome.

I didn't like the fact that it is mendatory to be a member of the youth club to stay in there. What are the benefits of the membership anyway?? Moreover, when I was booking, the information of paying for membership was written in such small fonts and was made look unimportant, that I (like many others) even didn't read or notice. I felt like I have been tricked with some sorts of hidden charge! Too bad.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Bangladesh

I cannot say how disappointed I was for the hostel not having a kitchen. Not even a microwave, or a fridge. Zurich is a extremely expansive town, and my money was drained in my stay, having a kitchen would have allowed me to save a little money and be healthy - considering that I ate cup noodles for 3 days. it is usual among hostel to provide this facility. Other than that my stay was really pleseant, I would come back, and recomend the hostel.

Location a bit out there from the main city, but easily reachable by train. Staff was incredibly kind - we had arrived at midnight, and were leaving at 5AM the next morning to catch our train. The gentleman working the night shift offered us some free coffee and snacks for our early journey! No complaints with the facility, wish we could have stayed longer.

This hostel is pretty expensive for what you get - no wifi in the rooms, no breakfast, etc.... but that being said it was still the cheapest hostel I could find in Zurich, so maybe that is just how it is going to be.

staff always busy,but really helpful and nice,luckly to met my kind roommates,really happy time in zurich,though it was raining,anyway nothing bad,thank u

no wi-fi available in the room no towels provided only one socket for a person, at that very inconvinient format (impossible to use with some plugs) if you are not a member of some kind of students association - due to pay 6 chf per person in additional)

People staying for a long period or who would stay at other youth hostel in switzerland should apply for membership. the place is clean and reception opens 24 hrs!!

Zurich youth hostel is a great place to stay. It is in a puiet location but still very close to the centre of ZUrich. It is very clean and quiet at night. I Felt very safe there and had no concerns for my safety The were very helpful and friendly. My teens really liked hanging out in the common area where there was lots of people was a great athmospher The hostel offers meals but we did not eat at the hostel due to our plans. I plan to go back.

The hostel was nice and clean. There was a bar which was cheap in comparison to the rest of Zurich so we appreciated that! The hostel is big and there is not much atmosphere but it's fine for a few nights stay! The location is fairly Central, it is a tram ride into the city which costs around 8frank for a day ticket but it doesn't take too long and the trams are very regular. It's also really close to the lake and we enjoyed walking along the lake into the city which only takes around 45 minutes

• 24th Aug 2014

Very good stay. Locker for storrage is good. But i fear may not be enough when itis very busy... shared showers and toilets are also not bad. Great lounge/common area.

Really good place to crash for a night or two. The buffet breakfast was great and a welcome bonus when we had to be up early the next day. The staff were very friendly and there was a good atmosphere there when we went.

• 21st Aug 2014

It's too far to the station..

It will be ideal if there's cooking for vegetarian. A carpet should lay outside the shower area to dry the feet. Should provide hand soap. We are using our shampoo to wash hands. Seems that breakfast is always the same everyday. Should have a bit of simple changes like the flavour of Yoghurt. Consider to serve fried eggs or potatoes filling with bread instead of ham everyday.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Female Group, 41+

Be more clear that you need to be a member to stay the night- if not you will be charged 6 francs per night. Many travelers I meet there were unaware like me. It is of course still the cheapest hostel I could find at the time, but be more CLEAR. Travelers will appreciate it!

Awesome! Nothing to complain about, just a little bit expensive like almost everything in Switzerland is...

Location is good!!!!!!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Nice hostel. The staff were very helpful in looking up train times and recommending restaurants. Lots of international travelers and a large open space where there was wifi. No wifi in rooms. I got there early and they were strict about breakfast (I was not invited to have a piece of toast), but it was nice to have showers and lockers outside of the rooms where I could store my bags.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4