Youthhostel Zurich Reviews

Mutschellenstr. 114, Zurich, Switzerland

Very friendly and hopeful staff. well looked after hostel and would use again.

• 7th Mar 2015

We only strayed there for around four hours as our plane is in the early morning.The staff is extremely helpful and nice.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • China

Pretty far from cebtral Zurich but a nice place to stay

• 18th Feb 2015

Great staff! Love the affordable Swiss dinners at night and taking the tram to central Zurich wasn't a hassle at all! Would stay again

great hostel, nice People. unfortunately the Internet Access is limited to the Lobby and it is slow and not reliable. Big area for improvement now a days!! Thanks Johannes

Staff lovely ,clean,safe warm a little way to go for the main station But trams always running .rather an expensive place ,but the sights make up for it

Great place, a little far from downtown and no WiFi in the rooms. Overall the stay was great and I would go back again.

Very good and helpful staff and good facilities.

Very large hostel with good facilities, and only a single hop on public transit away from the city center.

Pros-Breakfast had a good selection, bathrooms were clean Cons- wifi is only in the lobby

• 3rd Jan 2015

Check out time is way to early, proximity to transport is ok, but it is a fair way from any bars/clubs.

Nothing more than perfect!

I traveled to Zurich on New Year´s Eve, didn´t expect to meet this many people especially from Germany. They were cool and friendly. The atmosphere was great in general. Zurich was a small, pretty and expensive city where good fancy parties took place. Since everything else there cost me a fortune the hostel with free breakfast was a good value for money. No Wifi in the rooms sucks, but it did bring us all to the common area so we were able to meet others.

The staff were so helpful, friendly and patient. I felt very welcome. They answered all my questions and helped me to enjoy my brief stay in Zurich. I can say that the hostel was very clean, they provided a large breakfast, and the staff was just great. They spoke English very well and made my stay pleasant.

• 27th Dec 2014

Location is ok, a little bit far from city center for some people but if you don't mind walking then it's ok. Staff was not rude, but was not really nice at all, something you would expect from a hostel. Atmosphere is terribly bad, it's more like a hotel. You don't get wifi in your room so everybody in the common room was using their phones and laptops so very few people would socialize. Also important is that even there wifi is terrible, almost useless. Too expensive for what it is.

Excellent place to stay. They provide with transport passes for the number of days one stays at the hostel. A Little pricey-but hey, everything's expensive in Zurich. Located far from the station-have to definitely take a tram to the hostel from the hostel.

Far from the city centre and the tram stop. Poor directions led me the wrong way You have to make your own bed, but everything was clean - except some mould in the showers. Staff were helpful and very nice. No wifi in the rooms. There is a lift and breakfast starts at 6am! Despite the location and the price, due to other hostels being rated poorly, I would stay again - trams are easy to use, though for the price, it would be nice to get a transit pass like other hostels in Switzerland.

Great hostel overall! It was expensive but so is everywhere else in Zurich and this place was worth the money! Good place if you just want to chill out. The staff were super helpful and friendly, and an extra thanks to Pablo for all his help!

Great team - everyone was very friendly and helpful. I have no complaints only compliments - only one thing - I wish breakfast would be served until 10.00h.

• 18th Dec 2014

I stayed just for 1 night, but i can say the hostel is great in general! I got lost trying to find the hostel, but once I found myself i found out that its pretty easy to find it. Finally, they could allow wifi on the rooms, but its okay.

• 17th Dec 2014