Youthhostel Zurich Reviews

Mutschellenstr. 114, Zurich, Switzerland

Not the best of locations as we had to take a couple of trains and trams to get to the night life of the town.

No stove/kitchen, expensive for a youth hostel and bad information regarding trains ...stay in a hotel you'll be better off

• 5th Dec 2014

Good hostel, just sad for the location (would be ok if like many other swiss hostels, they would give a free transportation card). It wouldmcompensate the poor location... plus the wifi only works in the reception area (would of liked it everywhere/in our dorms).

This was a very clean hostel! My only complaint is that wifi is limited to the lobby. I would've loved the ability to connect to the wifi while in my room.

• 14th Nov 2014

Amazing breakfast!!

Located quite far from both central station and city centre. Value for money not great compared to other locations, but nothing in Zurich is cheap. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good common room/ reception area.

The rooms are good, you will need to get a bus to get to the center of the city and the price of the room its expensive

modern, safe, staff very friendly, good breakfast check out at 10am is very early, a little bit far away from city center, but tram station is close

When you get there it is a fantastic place with a superb buffet breakfast but it is not in the easiest part of town to find. I took the tram from the train station and followed the directions which were far from clear. I turned left off the number 7 tram instead of right and went completely the wrong way. It is well run, clean and has a nice bar area and fantastic breakfast. The staff are very friendly and helpful. When I asked to change my top bunk for a bottom one it was no trouble.

An excellent hostel in an unfortunately very expensive city. The staff was awesome and the place is huge! Also although it is called a youth hostel, the overwhelming majority of occupants there when I was there were elderly people or families. It changes the environment a bit.

• 11th Oct 2014

Staff were great, big common area and great breakfast. Rooms were small but lockers and sinks in room were great. Very few hostels in Zurich but this one is very safe, big, busy and friendly.

Perfect hostel!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

I hate how Youth Hostels charge you an extra $7 if you're not a member. And the membership is $30 a year so hardly worth it unless you love being forced to stay at these youth hostels. Location is pretty awful too, not really near anything and is 10 minutes away from a subway station, which I guess makes it alright. I would only recommend if the others in Zurich are full.

The directions to find the hostel were pretty accurate except where to catch the number 7 tram. The stop is south of the HB on Banhofplatz right where Bhanofplatz starts, make sure your ticket is validated by the ticket machine. I had some noisy roommates on night three who would be there for the next couple of days, and when I asked for a room change it was done easily without a fuss, that was awesome.

I didn't like the fact that it is mendatory to be a member of the youth club to stay in there. What are the benefits of the membership anyway?? Moreover, when I was booking, the information of paying for membership was written in such small fonts and was made look unimportant, that I (like many others) even didn't read or notice. I felt like I have been tricked with some sorts of hidden charge! Too bad.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Bangladesh

I cannot say how disappointed I was for the hostel not having a kitchen. Not even a microwave, or a fridge. Zurich is a extremely expansive town, and my money was drained in my stay, having a kitchen would have allowed me to save a little money and be healthy - considering that I ate cup noodles for 3 days. it is usual among hostel to provide this facility. Other than that my stay was really pleseant, I would come back, and recomend the hostel.

Location a bit out there from the main city, but easily reachable by train. Staff was incredibly kind - we had arrived at midnight, and were leaving at 5AM the next morning to catch our train. The gentleman working the night shift offered us some free coffee and snacks for our early journey! No complaints with the facility, wish we could have stayed longer.

This hostel is pretty expensive for what you get - no wifi in the rooms, no breakfast, etc.... but that being said it was still the cheapest hostel I could find in Zurich, so maybe that is just how it is going to be.

staff always busy,but really helpful and nice,luckly to met my kind roommates,really happy time in zurich,though it was raining,anyway nothing bad,thank u

no wi-fi available in the room no towels provided only one socket for a person, at that very inconvinient format (impossible to use with some plugs) if you are not a member of some kind of students association - due to pay 6 chf per person in additional)

« first « Prev 1 2 3