Youthhostel Zurich Reviews

Mutschellenstr. 114, Zurich, Switzerland

Great breakfast was included in the price. Staff were helpful and friendly. About 30 min walk into town. Didn't sleep very well one night as there was so much banging from above my room and the door to the stairs slamming shut all the time.

The Youthhostel Zurich has a great atmosphere! The facilities are really clean and it is a super fun place to stay.

SO clean. I've never seen a place be cleaned so much, which is excellent. The location is a short 10 minute tram ride into the centre. A walk to lake Zurich is only 10/15 minutes too, and there's a supermarket 5 minutes away. Excellently run, good quality breakfast, with plenty of choice. Wifi available in lobby, microwave and toaster available too. Overall I very much enjoyed my stay here. Rooms are fairly basic, but nicely kept and again very clean. Separate shower and toilet facilities good!

Lockable draws under beds however its worth double checking as these did not always lock.

We were greeted by really friendly staff when we checked in, she was helpful. The rooms are clean and tidy, with everything I need. I really appreciate that there is a socket and light for each bed, and the locker in each room. The lobby creates aa nice atmosphere, but the WIFI was a bit too weak when too many people is using it.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Too far from the city and crowd too random. You expect youth but get old people and families.

• 17th Jun 2015

I had to cancel and they didn't charge me. Always a win

The smart girt working at the reception was quite cordial and speaks charming English. She was quite helpful.

Best breakfast at a hostel I've had. Not near downtown but a short walk to train station quick ride to downtown. Good clean facilities with a great staff. And big common area. Expensive but that's everything in Switzerland.

Overall I had a great experience, but compared to other hostels, this one is particularly expensive, especially with it not being in the center of the city. Also, the wifi only works in a portion of the reception area, and not in the rooms which was disappointing. But facilities were nice, safe, and clean.

Words can only so partially describe the experience at zurich youth hostel. Opon entrance you are greeted with a 6 frank per day fee hidden in the fine print. This is only a premonition of what is to come. The hostel is clean, and the main lobby looks good, but that is all it has for it. While they promise WiFi, it's only in the common room... and it doesnt work in half of the area. Want to play some pool ? That's 15 frank an hour . Looking to do laundry? No atmosphere here... was no enjoyable

Far from the city center, very family oriented, but a lot nicer than most of the "youth hostels" that I've stayed. Close to the lake, which is nice.

Not impressed. First off, the receptionist is sassy. Breakfast is fantastic, but when it comes to other meals they are really expensive. And what really bothers me is that you cannot use their kitchen except for microwave and toaster. I bought a block of cheese in Interlaken, and all I wanted to do was keep it in a refrigerator so my $50 didn't go to waste. Nope, not they wouldn't help at all. Also, wifi there sucks...only works in lobby and literally everyone is there trying to get it.

I feel that for 43€ a night they should be able to hire someone to write better directions to the hostel, such as what direction to take the team and what way to go when you get off. Other then that staff were helpful and the rooms were clean. Wifi only works on the main floor and still then it's just ok.

The first thing is I feel very safe in this hostel environment accept the shower room that was used both male and female. The room for both male and female are on the same floor. If you can separate male and female in the separate floor might feel more safe. Another thing, I couldn't find place to request the bed. As I am 58 years old lady, it is not easy for my to go up and down especially when I am sleepy going out to the bathroom. It is really dangerous for me to sleep in the top bed.

• 10th Jun 2015

There is a tricky extra payment that you're obligated to do of 7 Fr per day if you're not member of their hostel chain club. I discovered that only when I checked in. The wi fi works only on the lobby of the hostel. The location is not so good, there is almost nothing in walking distance. The bedrooms are large and good and the staff is nice.

This hostel was ok but I'm not sure how it can call itself a youth hostel since people of all ages were there - school groups, men looking like they were going to business meetings in suits, older people. This mix affects the atmosphere. The location isn't close to the centre of the city but the transport links are good. The hostel is very clean and the facilities were good.

This was definitely one, if not the nicest hostel we stayed in while in Europe. We had a private room and while it the showers/restroom was not in the room it was still one of the better hostels. Wifi only works in the lobby but that helped us meet new people. The breakfast is amazing.

Wifi could of been a bit better. Otherwise great first hostel experience.

• 6th Jun 2015

Nice breakfast ! Sweet facilities. Thank you to the girl with blonde hair who checked me in.

« first « Prev 1 2 3