Youthhostel Zurich Reviews

Mutschellenstr. 114, Zurich, Switzerland

This is well-managed hostel at the very reasonable price in Zurich. The hostel itself is new and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staffs are very informative and friendly. The location is not at the city center, but at a nice residential area. The tram stop is near to this hotel. I recommend other travellers this hostel.

A very good place and I have planned to go back there many other times :)

• 6th Apr 2014

Overall, I am quite satisfied with the services provided by Youthhostel Zurich. The atmosphere is quite friendly and cosy. The staff is friendly and helpful. The only minus point is the bed linen and mattress. They are pretty rough and uncomfortable. When I wake up in the morning, my back really aches. The location is a bit far from the center. But for me, it is not quite a big problem.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Vietnam

It was alright, I didn't like the location at all and in the common area it was like an airport or library with everyone on their phones. I didn't find it to be a very fun atmosphere. It was like a 40 minute walk to town.

Lots of facilities in the common area. Would be better if wifi could be used in the rooms as well.

the atmosphere is ver good, and the breakfast is tasty

clean rooms, good beds, friendly staff, clean facilities. (and for swiss, affordable beers)

The hostel is a little bit far away from the train station. Most of the staff are nice and friendly and the room is clean. Big common room, Wifi can only be used at the common room.

The only problem was we were expecting to pay 31Euro a night...but it ended up being closer to 50 with all the hidden costs and membership fees. You definitely payed for what you got though, very nice spacious lobby, great breakfast, nice rooms.

• 2nd Nov 2013

GOOD: clean, comfortable, great breakfast, great staff, there is a great charity shop where you get off the tram for the hostel (if you like charity shopping like me) BAD: in the dorms with ensuites there are no lockers, expensive but all Zurich accommodation options are. When you get there you have to pay an extra 6CHF if you're not a hosteling international member, which isn't outlined when you book. Only Wifi in half of the ground floor lobby.

Not much atmosphere, the lobby reminded me of an airport lounge; people were on their phones/laptops for most of the time.

Wifi can only be used in the hall. The location is so so. Not really close to the center. Somehow, I always need to line up for service, maybe too few staff? But there is a huge common area, so definitely can meet people if you are outgoing. And I like the breakfast. One con of this hostel is that you have to pay extra to be a youth hostels member.

Only stayed for one night but really appreciated the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. I also found the set ups of the room really great, it allowed me to dig through my bags and freshen up without waking people up. Showers were spotless and another plus was the breakfast was probably one of the best I've ever had in a hostel. Well worth it.