Youthhostel Zurich Reviews

Mutschellenstr. 114, Zurich, Switzerland

More like a hotel with shared rooms - very happy staying here and with Zurich being so expensive in general I would probably stay here again if I was to go back.

This was a great experience. Very nice and helpful staff, clean and comfortable beds, and not too hard to find. I will definitely be coming back.

Thank you, this was a very pleasant stay, 2 days. Very relaxed, nice mix of people, bed was really comfy and everything was spotless. staff really helpful and friendly.

• 10th Jul 2014

A weird environment for a hostel. Felt like a hospital waiting room and cafeteria. Very clean facilities and a good breakfast selection. Met some great people there!

Terrible wifi that went down when more than 10 people were in the common room. Pay terminals were located nearby for when the internet was down. Overall, a very dull hostel located very far from anything worth seeing.

A large hostel a bit outside Zurich centre (easy access by tram), with own kitchen and bar and a large common area. Big bags (back-packs) don't fit in the lockers.

Room, shower and toilet were nice. Lobby was little massy and had some flies.

Average overall. Way to far from airport. Ok from train station. Close to park by Lake Zurich though. Huge common area makes it somewhat hard to meet people. Wi-fi only in half of common area. Bar is small. 6 euro charge is annoying. Rooms were clean, and sheets and beds were comfy. Free breakfast was nice!

A very fine place. Thank you for being there. Obviously purpose built. I would be happy to stay there again.

Up to this point, this is the only hostel I've stayed at with an extra fee I had to pay at check-in. Yes it was on our confirmation, but in fine print towards the bottom of the page (where I've never had to look before for a surprise fee). With the fee, I ended up paying about as much as I did for a 4 bed dorm as I did for a two bed private in bern that had a better location, better linens, breakfast, and towels all included. Location is not walking distance from the train station.

Youthhostel Zurich was good because it was extremely clean and the rooms were spacious. One thing that I was not aware of is that you need to be a member of the International Youth Hostel to stay here. If you do not have the membership you either have to pay 6CHF per day per person or buy the annual membership for around 30CHF. Downside was no wifi except in the main lobby, and it doesn't even work that well, which was frustrating.

No have internet wifi in the room

The free breakfast was AMAZING!

24h reception, very clean and lots of facilities including football showings in the common area. Sink and lockers in smaller rooms. Good included breakfast and very nice rooms and shared showers. Very professional but 30min from center by foot and 10 min by tram. Do not accept 50euro notes but bank and supermarket 5 mins down road. Souvenir shop and laundermat but wifi only on groundfloor. Overall great and no issues despite us arriving 25 hours late.

The most expensive hostel I've ever been and it really didn't worth it for a bedroom with no bathroom inside.

One of the best hostel options in Zurich. Wouldn't recommend you stay anywhere else. Lots of people there to talk to and make new friends

It's a hotel standard hostel. Nice stuff, good facilities, simple but nice breakfast, clean room, spacious lounge. Location just normal, 20 mins by tram from city centre + 10 mins walk. 46CHF for a bed in 4 beds-dorm is like crazy, but more insane is 6 CHF on top of that in case of you are not YHA member(I suppose for most guests), besides, towel also cost 2 CHF. So, in total you have to pay 54CHF(43Eur) for a bed. No kitchen even no micro oven, as most other greedy Swiss hostels :)

Nice place with a friendly staff

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Only downside is that it is a bit tricky to get to. Don't take the S-Bahn! Take #7 tram!

I was stung by an extra 6 euros because I wasn't a member of this hostel - it's already expensive but adding another 6 euros seemed a little much.

« first « Prev 1 2 3