Youthhostel Zurich Reviews

Mutschellenstr. 114, Zurich, Switzerland

The hostel is good. Bedrooms and common areas are cozy and clean. You’d better don’t expect to find wi-fi in the rooms, it is only available in the lounge. Lockers are great. The breakfast is just AMAZING! The hostel is far from downtown. Hosts didn't helped us cause they gave wrong instructions about night transport– they didn’t told us that trams do not work during the night though we’ve asked them for. They told about an extra fee but not about night buses. It took us an 1-hour walk at 3 am!

Location is fantastic, the common room is beautiful and the atmosphere is pretty cool. Good breakfast! Downside is that there is no WiFi in the rooms and limited European style power outlets (ask the staff) Still expensive, but that's Switzerland. The was my favorite hostel of the trip anyway.

18 minute tram ride from the city center. Wifi only works in the main common room any, not in the rooms. There is no kitchen, only a microwave.

Excellent, especially breakfast! I would definitely have stayed longer if the price had been lower.

I like the student-like atmosphere and the breakfast .

• 30th Jan 2016

Unfortunately, this "hostel" is overpriced and overrated. HostelWorld had our booking as per usual. It is still unknown to us why our booking was cancelled and redid with the hostel thus not having the same prices. They provide breakfast for free. But for lunch and dinner, 20 CHF a meal a person. There's no vibe, music or staff chilling with guests. By the way, "Youth" doesn't really apply here - I met people of all ages.

Good hostel! The breakfast is great ... But no wifi in rooms!!!

Great place, with a good area to work, convenient onsite food, nice beds and great staff!

The hostel was clean and agreeable. Main issues being its distance from old town and West Zurich (city centre I guess) - and the Wifi only worked in the lobby which is very frustrating in this age. The room I stayed in was nice (4-bed Mixed dorm), plenty of space with lockers and a small desk and the breakfast provided was excellent. Overall it was quite expensive (I guess that's Switzerland), and the atmosphere was a bit strange/awkward.

Beds were fine, but location is far out and the lack of kitchen is annoying. The free breakfast was great. I wish WiFi worked in the rooms, but it was very strong in the lobby. Staff was very helpful. Just make sure to bring a 2 franc coin with you if you want to be able to lock your locker!

It's about an hour walk from uptown. The beds are super comfy. There is no wifi in the rooms. Bathrooms were clean same with the showers. It's switzerland so the price was the best for a decent place.

they are very kind and gave information that I wanted to get very usefully. I really enjoyed. The only thing I feel fatigue is the site.. I have to get a tram and it took time.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • MinjaeSeo
  • South Korea

Easy to get to from main train station Helpful staff Breakfast was amazing, and the dinner options at night were great. in an expensive city, this was the best and cheapest option available

The staff was friendly and willing to help from everything pertaining to bus tickets and great seasonal activities. I had a 4 bedroom average size dorm with a nice sink next to the provided lockers with included key. I had an early flight that required me to leave early prior to 6 A.M. the time when breakfast is served, but an employee gladly gave a plate and started the cappuccino machine before I left Plenty of room in the common area and they have a nice reasonably priced menu.

bad room,the staff leave me a unhappy romm,I cannot sleep the whole night

Bit far from city centre but no complains as the tram/bus connects it well to the city. value for money with excellent staff who are always ready to help and give pointers. wifi doesnt work in the rooms and is only available in common area, that would be the only negative point.

I spent two nights there and it's a good hostel. Nothing great, but good. You have good lockers in your room but you can also put it downstairs by the reception. The shower has good hot water (reaaaally hot, if that's what you're looking for) and it's not tight. The staff is friendly and will help you with anything you need. The wifi works only in the lobby, so you won't have internet in your room. They have a pool table and a table tennis too, but they charge 15 euros (or francs) for it.

Really nice place. 20 mins away from Zurich centre but with easy access via tram or train. Very nice installations. What you would look for in a hostel. A bit expensive, but it is Switzerland: everything is expensive.

Excellent showers, and great dinner/breakfast...when you factor in the breakfast the value is pretty good (considering how expensive Zurich is).

This was a very comfortable, clean hostel with a great breakfast and cool atmosphere. It is rather big, so it feels more like a hotel than a hostel. There are a lot of older people and families staying there in addition to youth. Despite a bad experience with another guest in my room (that the reception graciously apologized for) I really enjoyed my stay here. It isn't located in the heart of Zurich but is just minutes from the team that takes you downtown, and a 10 minute walk from the lake.

« first « Prev 1 2 3