Yume Nomad Reviews

1-2-2, Shinkaichi, Hyogo-ku, Kobe, Japan

This is not really a fair score as other than the room for about 4 hours i didnt spend any time here. Staff were friendly anf it seemed to be very focused on providing a good experience for travellers. Didnt see it but apparently there was a roach wandering around. Bathroom and facilities all clean and comfortable. Close to the station but coming from sannomiya after trains are out is a 35 minute walk. Easy should you not have any money for a taxi. Would definatly stay here again

I had a brilliant time at Yume Nomad. Particularly enjoyed the arty decor, bohemian atmosphere and most of all the lovely staff! I'd love to come back in future.

Nice atmosphere, it was an old japanese house. Wish I could spend more time talking to people there.

• 20th Aug 2014

I enjoyed the community at Yume Nomad. Everyone was friendly. I liked having our own bathroom and shower in a dorm between four people. The place was really difficult to find and the directions unclear, but an employee at the shopping center nearby took us right there. There were a lot of small ants in our room as well.

I stayed there with my family. It was located in okay area. I liked that there is a convenient store right in front of the place. Facilities were okay.. kitchen was not really organized but for few nights, it cant be a problem. The part I liked is private bathroom n toilet in a four beds room. It was nice n comfortable for our family. But the part, I really hate, is they played drums all over night. For the travellors that cares good quality sleep. I DON'T wanna recommended this place!

Very nice hostel, amazing common area and bar!

Really nice owner who helped us book a hostel who didn't speak any English. Good hostel overall.

Great place, true people with Japanese character in a perfect location. They will help you with everything you need. Go there and visit Kobe, a really nice city in Japan.

The atmosphere there is good, large living room for people to hang abound. Overall a nice hostel!

I hope I'll go again to Kobe, si I can stay at the Yume Nomad again!

Exceptionally good location. Free bikes provided. Everything is good, but the smell of the beds is bad.

I had a lot of fun staying here! the staff held a gyoza party and tanabata celebrations, they were very chatty and lively. each dorm room has its own bathroom/toilet which is convenient. there are a lot of shops and restaurants around and Kobe Harborland is in walking distance. there is also a supermarket right next door.

A decent Hostel very well located in Kobe. The Hostel itself is almost brand new, just celebrated 1 Year anniversary. The lady at the reception was very helpful and kind. She showed me everything around the house! The common living room is very stylish and comfortable, with a spacious terrace, and in the evening they even open up a small bar. Location wise is very close to 2 big subway stations, and it easy reachable from both JR and Shinkansen train stations.

This place has a funky, cool vibe. Definitely a decent place to stay while in Kobe.

Very bohemian vibe, it almost felt like some kind of speakeasy hostel behind a cafe because of how the two are connected. I was surprised by how quiet the hostel part could be with the cafe packed. It was kept clean but had that basement old house smell, which is a little unavoidable with old buildings. Maybe only really bad if you have allergies otherwise fine because things were kept very clean. Good facilities like kitchen, laundry, cafe, towels etc. I would stay again!

Yume Nomad was a great place to stay for one night in Kobe. It's not too far of a walk (but a walk nonetheless) to the port and harbor area, which has TONS of shopping and amazing restaurants. The hostel is nice, and the owners are super friendly. They're currently renovating a lot of it, which shows how much effort they continuously put into making this a great place to stay. Great common areas, and close to a train station (not the city's major station).

i really enjoyed my time here if i ever go back to kobe i would stay there hands down

Not so informative staff in answering queries maybe because this hostel is just a year old in this tourist business. close to train station but the location is a bit not easy to find at first. they said coffee and tea are free but it's not being replaced after all is used up the room is ok but the airconditioning unit wasn't that cold

Great vibe at Yume Nomad, nice mission and atmosphere. Bunk beds in dorms are a little basic but it's very clean and there are privacy drapes. Relatively small, quiet hostel. Funky cafe/living room area. Join the group dinner to get to know the staff and other guests if they have one during your stay!

Lovely hostel with very friendly staff, I felt right at home. There's a cafe with excellent coffee (a rarity in Japan), and they even had a dinner party with staff and guests one day. A couple of subway stops from the centre of Kobe.