Yume Nomad Reviews

1-2-2, Shinkaichi, Hyogo-ku, Kobe, Japan

Wonderful hostel, very friendly staff and cozy atmosphere. Conveniently close to the metro station and only a few minutes away from downtown Kobe. Overall excellent, would stay there again.

• 12th Dec 2014

I really loved everything about this hostel especially the decoration and art! We stayed for a private room with plenty of space. It was very good directions but we almost walked past it in the night! Supermarket nearby and we liked walking to downtown Kobe which was around one hour.

If you end up in Kobe, stay here!! This place is really good... It has a hip feel to it and the staff are pretty cool! They rent bicycles, but if you're a foreigner don't be surprised if you get pulled-over while riding! It happened to me (I wasn't breaking any rules) and a girl the day before. If you have your passport and can find the Yume Nomad phone number, it will just be 20-30 mins, no problem.

Lovely staff and atmosphere. The kitchen is a bit small, but seemed little used when I was there so no problem. Easy access to station and subways, and local supermarkets.

• 2nd Nov 2014

I love this place. One needs to bear in mind that it is a hostel and set one's standards accordingly, but once you do this, I expect you just may appreciate this place as much as I did. The atmospheric common rooms are spacious and adjoin a patio complete with greenery. Very pleasant helpful staff, walkable neighborhood with a park and steps from the subway. Price is reasonable considering it's in Kobe, one of the most expensive cities in Japan.

• 22nd Oct 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Yume Nomad twice now. Both times have been fantastic. Mayumi is a wonderful host and all the other staff are very friendly and helpful. The common room has a great warm atmosphere and is where to meet your fellow traveller. Also on weekends be sure to try one of their speciality coffees made by master roaster Daisuke Bunn Kimura. If your in Kobe and want a warm, friendly and affordable place to stay then be sure to visist Yume Nomad. 10/10.

Not bad. Dorm room had a separate shower and toilet.

Very clean and nice space. Friendly staff as well. Used it as a place to unwind and found their curtains on the beds useful! Can be used for quiet time but a lot of friendly people about as well. Would recommend it as a good place in Kobe!

at least it was close to a lively district.

great location. Easy to go to arima hot spring and the mountain. Small room with private bath room. Recommend!

Me and my two friends had an amazing time at Yume nomad! It is super easy to get to, and we had no problems getting around. The staff was beyond friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was so cool and bohemian. The artwork gives the place a great feel. Already planning another trip to go back and stay! Perfect hostel!

• 26th Sep 2014

This is not really a fair score as other than the room for about 4 hours i didnt spend any time here. Staff were friendly anf it seemed to be very focused on providing a good experience for travellers. Didnt see it but apparently there was a roach wandering around. Bathroom and facilities all clean and comfortable. Close to the station but coming from sannomiya after trains are out is a 35 minute walk. Easy should you not have any money for a taxi. Would definatly stay here again

I had a brilliant time at Yume Nomad. Particularly enjoyed the arty decor, bohemian atmosphere and most of all the lovely staff! I'd love to come back in future.

Nice atmosphere, it was an old japanese house. Wish I could spend more time talking to people there.

• 20th Aug 2014

I enjoyed the community at Yume Nomad. Everyone was friendly. I liked having our own bathroom and shower in a dorm between four people. The place was really difficult to find and the directions unclear, but an employee at the shopping center nearby took us right there. There were a lot of small ants in our room as well.

I stayed there with my family. It was located in okay area. I liked that there is a convenient store right in front of the place. Facilities were okay.. kitchen was not really organized but for few nights, it cant be a problem. The part I liked is private bathroom n toilet in a four beds room. It was nice n comfortable for our family. But the part, I really hate, is they played drums all over night. For the travellors that cares good quality sleep. I DON'T wanna recommended this place!

Very nice hostel, amazing common area and bar!

Really nice owner who helped us book a hostel who didn't speak any English. Good hostel overall.

Great place, true people with Japanese character in a perfect location. They will help you with everything you need. Go there and visit Kobe, a really nice city in Japan.

The atmosphere there is good, large living room for people to hang abound. Overall a nice hostel!