Yume Nomad Reviews

1-2-2, Shinkaichi, Hyogo-ku, Kobe, Japan

Really cool hostel. Worth going to Kobe just for this.

Really cool hostel with a fun and chilled out vibe. Everyone eats together like a family. Right beside two different subway stops so really easy to get to. Nice cafe attached. Plenty chill out space

Was ok for the price and clean enough. Different to all other Japanese hostels I have visited (many). Much more like a Central American place, drawing on the walls etc. Things that let it down were it was very noisey quite late into the night and the dorm room I was in had no windows so was pretty grim. Also the bunks are bad so when the top person moves, the bottom bunk moves so much that I gave up and put my mattress on the floor then moved to top bunk next day. Overall ok, staff nice.

Cool little funky hostel!

Great vibes, clean facilities, conveniently located, and helpful staff. What more could one ask for?

This was my second time staying at Yume Nomad, and it was just as fantastic as the first. The staff was very friendly, and the atmosphere is as awesome as always. It's always nice to stay in this artsy, welcoming hostel. Love having a toilet and shower in the room, and I like the privacy that the sheets hung around the bed gives. Free tea and kitchen use, combined with its closeness to a grocery store, convenience store, and several different train stations make it very convenient. Great place!

I liked this hostel, the vibe was great. It's in a quieter part of Kobe (nearer to the smaller Kobe JR than to the main Shinnomiya) but is a 10 minute walk from a wonderful port and 2 mins from the subway station. Good points: reasonably priced, good tea and coffee facilities, handy location and a lovely social common room! Bad points: rooms are a little dated, lockers require deposit and are by the front door (not in room), pillows weren't super clean.

kinda dissappointed

Had a small problem with my booking so they upgraded me to a private room for free!! Such a chilled atmosphere. The staff were ridiculously awesome and scored a couple of free CDs from local Japanese musicians. Highly recommended!! Thanks for the stay!

Loved this hostel! Stayed in 4 bed female dorm. Room was basic but clean. Lounge area and bar were lovely, staff were great!

The staff and atmosphere of this hostel are wonderful. I've stayed in Kobe three times so far and I come back here each time.

It was OK. Just unconvinced to communicate with staff.I can't understand who was hotel's staff. It's cost was Ok.And cheap.So,I know that's why service was not enough. Night time,I can't use living just by my self. laundry..Hope hotel has lady's dry place:-)I can't hang underwear anywhere. I guess,I will use next time. Thank you so much!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Japan

Great looking hostel with good facilities. 10 minute walk to Kobe station or even quicker to the subway.

Dryer wasn't in use- would have been beneficial, but outdoor space was good enough this time of year. Ran out of Jam on my second day and didn't replace whilst I was there for the duration of my stay- staff were notified.

Located near a subway/train stop . A couple of stops from the centre and a twenty minute walk to the harbour . Comfortable dorms and friendly staff.

Cool hostel with a pretty chill vibe. My only concern would be that the front door doesn't automatically lock at night. Not a huge deal though since they have signs reminding travelers to lock the door on the way in.

It was very nice to stay at Yume Nomad. It`s very clean and the staff is very friendly. The location is a little bit far from the main center, but Kobe is not that big so maybe you need half an hour to walk to the center. I liked that there was a bathroom in every room and that the dorms had only 4 beds. Also you can rent one towle for free, that was very nice.

I woke up after about an hour the first night thinking `oh my god, an earthquake' and then woke up completely to realize the girl in the bed below me had just rolled over in her sleep. Heh. Aside from slightly rickety bunks, this place was great- clean and comfortable with friendly people. The lady in the udon shop on the corner is always happy to point out the right direction for uncertain backpackers, too :-). Also, the sushi restaurant in the arcade has amazingly generous sashimi slices.

Good hostel, nice big lounge area, room was very spacious and clean. Good location, food and supermarket right next door. Would stay again.

We stayed in a comfortable twin room, only one for one night, but got a great vibe from the whole place! They were really helpful with suggestions and there are signs everywhere in the hostel so you know exactly what you can/can't do and how to do it!