Yume Nomad Reviews

1-2-2, Shinkaichi, Hyogo-ku, Kobe, Japan

I woke up after about an hour the first night thinking `oh my god, an earthquake' and then woke up completely to realize the girl in the bed below me had just rolled over in her sleep. Heh. Aside from slightly rickety bunks, this place was great- clean and comfortable with friendly people. The lady in the udon shop on the corner is always happy to point out the right direction for uncertain backpackers, too :-). Also, the sushi restaurant in the arcade has amazingly generous sashimi slices.

Good hostel, nice big lounge area, room was very spacious and clean. Good location, food and supermarket right next door. Would stay again.

We stayed in a comfortable twin room, only one for one night, but got a great vibe from the whole place! They were really helpful with suggestions and there are signs everywhere in the hostel so you know exactly what you can/can't do and how to do it!

Beautifully decorated building with a cozy atmosphere... and nice comfortable beds! That´s all one can ask for! The staff was welcoming and helpful. I can´t really comment on the location as I only got to stay there for one night, but it was close to the train station so it worked out perfectly for me.

This place is great! The decor is very cool, there is a big common area and cosy well stocked kitchen. The staff were very helpful with a query I had before I arrived. It`s really close to a train station too so it`s quick and easy to get into the main area of Kobe.

Great place, great staff! Everything was supernice ^^

What a lovely hostel. The owner was so nice and helpful when we needed directions or suggestions. The only thing I would say is that is was a bit cold inside, maybe just a few drafts. Totally worth going though.

The spot was pretty convenient but also happens to be next to the red light district. A bit of a surprise when we went searching for dinner and found "massages" half a block away. The room was really big and had a television but the bunk beds aren't super comfy to climb up and down. Two small twin beds would make the room perfect. Staff was helpful when asked.

I highly recommend this hostel...very clean, very good kitchen, very communal area...staff is very friendly.

We enjoyed our stay at Yume Nomad although we were both unwell so we didn't get as much as we would have liked from our time in Kobe. The common area at this hostel is really nice and homely and the dorms are comfortable and warm, only a little small with four people and luggage. It wasn't crazy busy when we were there so it was a nice relaxed atmosphere. Plenty of places to eat nearby and a train station only 2 minutes walk away. Thanks for having us :)

Cool hostel ! The owner are really nice people.

Very helpful friendly staff. Hostel has a nice Japanese feel.

Signage has room to improve. Friendly staff and relax atmosphere. A lot of food stalls and local restaurants near by.

Awesome staff, lovely people, very cozy place to stay.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Wonderful hostel, very friendly staff and cozy atmosphere. Conveniently close to the metro station and only a few minutes away from downtown Kobe. Overall excellent, would stay there again.

• 12th Dec 2014

I really loved everything about this hostel especially the decoration and art! We stayed for a private room with plenty of space. It was very good directions but we almost walked past it in the night! Supermarket nearby and we liked walking to downtown Kobe which was around one hour.

If you end up in Kobe, stay here!! This place is really good... It has a hip feel to it and the staff are pretty cool! They rent bicycles, but if you're a foreigner don't be surprised if you get pulled-over while riding! It happened to me (I wasn't breaking any rules) and a girl the day before. If you have your passport and can find the Yume Nomad phone number, it will just be 20-30 mins, no problem.

Room was cold and smelt of damp. Staff were friendly. Not the same standard I was used to in Japan for hostels.

Lovely staff and atmosphere. The kitchen is a bit small, but seemed little used when I was there so no problem. Easy access to station and subways, and local supermarkets.

• 2nd Nov 2014

I love this place. One needs to bear in mind that it is a hostel and set one's standards accordingly, but once you do this, I expect you just may appreciate this place as much as I did. The atmospheric common rooms are spacious and adjoin a patio complete with greenery. Very pleasant helpful staff, walkable neighborhood with a park and steps from the subway. Price is reasonable considering it's in Kobe, one of the most expensive cities in Japan.

• 22nd Oct 2014