Yume Nomad Reviews

1-2-2, Shinkaichi, Hyogo-ku, Kobe, Japan

We enjoyed our stay at Yume Nomad although we were both unwell so we didn't get as much as we would have liked from our time in Kobe. The common area at this hostel is really nice and homely and the dorms are comfortable and warm, only a little small with four people and luggage. It wasn't crazy busy when we were there so it was a nice relaxed atmosphere. Plenty of places to eat nearby and a train station only 2 minutes walk away. Thanks for having us :)

Very helpful friendly staff. Hostel has a nice Japanese feel.

Signage has room to improve. Friendly staff and relax atmosphere. A lot of food stalls and local restaurants near by.

Awesome staff, lovely people, very cozy place to stay.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Wonderful hostel, very friendly staff and cozy atmosphere. Conveniently close to the metro station and only a few minutes away from downtown Kobe. Overall excellent, would stay there again.

• 12th Dec 2014

I really loved everything about this hostel especially the decoration and art! We stayed for a private room with plenty of space. It was very good directions but we almost walked past it in the night! Supermarket nearby and we liked walking to downtown Kobe which was around one hour.

If you end up in Kobe, stay here!! This place is really good... It has a hip feel to it and the staff are pretty cool! They rent bicycles, but if you're a foreigner don't be surprised if you get pulled-over while riding! It happened to me (I wasn't breaking any rules) and a girl the day before. If you have your passport and can find the Yume Nomad phone number, it will just be 20-30 mins, no problem.

Room was cold and smelt of damp. Staff were friendly. Not the same standard I was used to in Japan for hostels.

Lovely staff and atmosphere. The kitchen is a bit small, but seemed little used when I was there so no problem. Easy access to station and subways, and local supermarkets.

• 2nd Nov 2014

I love this place. One needs to bear in mind that it is a hostel and set one's standards accordingly, but once you do this, I expect you just may appreciate this place as much as I did. The atmospheric common rooms are spacious and adjoin a patio complete with greenery. Very pleasant helpful staff, walkable neighborhood with a park and steps from the subway. Price is reasonable considering it's in Kobe, one of the most expensive cities in Japan.

• 22nd Oct 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Yume Nomad twice now. Both times have been fantastic. Mayumi is a wonderful host and all the other staff are very friendly and helpful. The common room has a great warm atmosphere and is where to meet your fellow traveller. Also on weekends be sure to try one of their speciality coffees made by master roaster Daisuke Bunn Kimura. If your in Kobe and want a warm, friendly and affordable place to stay then be sure to visist Yume Nomad. 10/10.

Not bad. Dorm room had a separate shower and toilet.

Very clean and nice space. Friendly staff as well. Used it as a place to unwind and found their curtains on the beds useful! Can be used for quiet time but a lot of friendly people about as well. Would recommend it as a good place in Kobe!

at least it was close to a lively district.

great location. Easy to go to arima hot spring and the mountain. Small room with private bath room. Recommend!