Zackry Guest House Reviews

Lot.735 Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia

Beautiful location, lovely people! Really enjoyed our stay here and would happily come again.

• 24th Jul 2014

Great place to stay! Staff are awesome, especially Sam, who loves to get people socialising! Close to the beach, also a small swimming pool nice for cooling off. I had a room with a fan then moved to one with aircon, aircon was nice but I found even with just the fan on I was cool enough to sleep comfortably. Overall a fantastic place, I'd love to go back!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

I've stayed in a lot of hostels around the world and Zackry Guest House would have to be one of the best! It is immaculately clean, the free wifi works everywhere (including your room), and the hostel manager Zam is great value - he knows all the best local places to eat and will help you out with anything if you just ask. I travelled on my own and having a single room was also really nice. I highly recommend this hostel - all you need to bring is a lock for the cupboard in your room!

We had a Great time in zackrys Hostel and langkawi in General. Nice and funny People, awesome Nights Witting together, cool activities- definitely recommend That Place! Would go back there whenever we are on langkawi again!

• 14th Jul 2014

Very nice place to stay on langkawi. Clean rooms, big and nice food/drink area. Friendly staff, cheap beer, you must go fishing :)

Had a great stay! Sam made me feel really welcome! As a single traveller hè invited me to do things with them, really sweet!

It was an ok hostel - we arrived to be told that one of the toilets was broken (it was fixed on our last day), the water was out so no showers (it was back on by the time we got home that night), and the water filter was out for a day. The location was ok - we took alot of cabs everywhere because it was far from a lot, not alot of food options, but the beach is real close (5 mins) and beauty. 3RM in the reception area is key too (could have been colder haha). Overall, ok but wouldn't stay again

My Dad and I booked a twin share room with private toilet and shower, and it was great! The room and bathroom were clean, and the air conditioner was fantastic in the hot heat. We were allowed to check in early and to it was easy to extend our stay. Also, the guesthouse is on a street with lots of restaurants nearby, and only a 5min walk to the beach! The staff were so nice and friendly as well, with the owner always happy to help out and recommend somewhere to eat! Overall, a great place!

A good place to get some rest. We stayed in a basic twin room. The room was big not tiny like most budget hostels. I liked about the hostel that it was like a group of buildings in a suburb. For me it was like a small city :D. You may not feel comfortable about the atmosphere if you have an Eastern background. Beer is favored there! And music is also played. Tea and coffee were available 24hrs however there was no breakfast included which I didn't like!

Great weekend trip! Thank you Sam

If you're looking for a beach hostel to chill out at for a while, look no further. I met so many fun people at Zackry's and Sam is a very inviting host. It felt like having a family in a quiet location near a relaxing beach.

Decent wifi. Rooms a bit dark and dingy. TV in the bar with lots of cable channels but staff often watch it, so it's on the discovery channel a lot! Free tea

I was dissapointed with the customer service here. As a female solo traveller I was uncomfortable with the male member of staffs attitude and his need to 'stroke' my face! Strange character. My bed had cockroaches actually inside it. I asked to be moved and they said they were full even though it was clear on hostel world they had other rooms available. I fully accept cockroaches in a room. Its Malaysia! But not living within the bed. They sprayed the room but they continued to crawl on me.

We didn't have any room as her requested price range as the cheap rooms are always full. Pax just wanted to change to an upgraded room for free after her allegation but we cannot find anything in her original room. We sprayed twice and despite that there were no dead cockroaches around. If there is even one, once you spray, the cockroach will die even in the surrounding areas. We had guests keep staying in the alleged room right after she left until todate and none reported this. Odd as it is.

staff can be a bit surly and intimidating

close to beach, great value for money, nice group of people staying there to chat with.

Charming hostel on a resorty island. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Only a short walk to the beach, and the facilities were reasonable and well-kept. Highly recommended.

Place was great, sam was a good lad. A bit inclined to advise away from cenang beach but we managed. The room was good, the matress was a little hard which wasnt good for my back as I slipped two disks in a Skiing accident. Apart from that all was chilled and good vibes.

I really enjoyed my stay in zackry's. The stuff is just really helpful and nice, the rooms are super clean (getting cleaned everyday except from if you don't want it) and its located on a really nice area of the island with a great super cheap restaurant just a 2min walk away.

The condition of Zackry Guests House is very nice but need to plant more to beatify the environment.

For the price, this place was a nice enough. Towels and shower gel included is a great convenience for someone travelling light. We stayed in the "Standard Double Bed Private Ensuite" with air con. If you turn off the air con for a while then the room smells like damp mold, but otherwise it is fine. Located near the best beach and walking distance to shops and restaurants.

« first « Prev 1 2 3