Zackry Guest House Reviews

Lot.735 Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia

This hostel was ok given the price. The lady in reception was very helpful and informative and the book of onward tours/transport was really useful. The double room was very basic and one of the more uncomfortable beds we have slept on, but ok for a couple of nights. There are some nice bars/cafés/restaurants nearby but the walk to Cenang (main nightlife area) is a good 20 mins. I'd recommend staying more local anyway as both beach and bars are nicer in that area.

Convenient location for beach. ~10 mins walk to Pantai Tengah (calmer / less people - beachfront is mostly hotels). ~20 mins to Pantai Cenang (more lively - many bars). Rooms are basic but good for the price. Common area has lockers but you need to bring or buy a lock. Free water (and instant coffee / tea) are a nice touch. Vending machine with cheap drinks (~2 ringgit for beer). Scooter rentals onsite; their excursions are convenient and priced about the same as elsewhere on the island.

Well run, deals on tours, easy moped hire, gt team & atmosphere & facilities

Basic but has all the necessary facilities. Staff very helpful and excursions can be booked from the hostel. Air conditioning is a fan so some may have difficulty sleeping with it on but I actually found it cool enough without it on. Toilet and shower room were easily accessible to mosquitoes and such. Unofficial and possibly temporary shortcut meant beach was only five mins away otherwise it would be around a 20 min walk. But beach is quieter than the more touristy one down the coast.

We have airconditioning rooms and fan rooms for options and this is very clear in our microsite. Pax booked fan room hence he got fan only in his room.

Really liked the hostel as it had a good vibe and the lady running it knew everything to do. Book of tours, etc was handy. Prices on all the drinks and food were really fair. Only a quick walk to the beach. Rent a scooter or car and explore the island, so much to see.

Everything just perfect. They treat us like family

Great little hostel. The common area has got 2 well stocked vending machines which include beer for 2 ringets. Its about a 5 minuets walk to a beautiful beach. I would recommend this hostel.

Clean and convenient single-rooms at a very attractive price. Kitchen, chillout area and cheap/cold beer offered by the hostel. Relaxing atmosphere! Located roughly 20 minutes walking distance off Cenang Beach. Quite some restaurants and another beach (5 minutes to walk) are located next to the hostel, though. Would come again!

Really lovely staff who helped us with learning how to ride mopeds and great facilities including the vending machines that had everything you could want! A little bit out the way of the main town but if you hire a moped it's not hard to get there.

One of the best place i've been till now. Everything you need are here. From the food, drinks or even rent a scooter, don't need to go somewhere else. And if you have any question, they're here for you. Like that place.

Although the hostel is about 10 min walk from beach and shops we felt that the hostel was most friendly and helpful. It totally suited our needs and would definately recommend as a cheap place to stay in Langkawi.

All good for me. I was happy that you also offer Single rooms. People having baths woke me up, though. It was a bit noisy at night. All other things were great.

A lovely place to be in Langkawi- it's not on the main stretch but that's actually quite nice, & there are plenty of restaurants nearby if you don't want to walk or drive. The staff were really friendly & the hostel has everything you might need from them. Definitely a winner- especially for the price! Thank you!

Highly recommended hostel! Everything in itself is great. It made my trip to Langkawi very efficient and memorable. Good job to the staff! You're all wonderful.

Great place to stay for a few days. The staff were fantastic with helping me with my onward journey. The common room is really chill and the kitchen & pool were real bonuses. It isn't on the main beach road but it's really not far and there are plenty of places to eat nearby - I recommend Cactus especially.

Don't go here,so that I can have a room when I return. And I will.

Great place to stay if you don't mind the 10 minute walk to the beach and the lovely dogs they have.

We had a very pleasant stay! Recommended!!!

• 24th Sep 2015

One of our favourite guest houses so far, have a great common area with tv and games, a fridge full of beer and juice and also sell cereal, noodles very good variety, have a kitchen and facilities to cook, staff were amazing, free drinking water, a small swimming pool available for guests, we sayed in a fan room it was perfect, the one thing about this hostel is it is very clean, you can also hire scooter, which would recommend as 20 minute walk to town although places to eat nearby

My favourite hostel so far whilst travelling Malaysia!

• 30th Aug 2015