Fabulous 1,143 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,143 Total Reviews
Zackry Guest House Located at Lot.735 Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, Langkawi, Langkawi.
Malaysia
Langkawi Kedah, Malaysia 07000 Langkawi Lot.735 Jalan Teluk Baru,, Pantai Tengah, Langkawi
89% 1143
6.2755213 99.7341871
    Rooms available

15th Apr 2016

Staff were very helpful from minute one and were always on hand with info, maps, booking taxis etc. Kitchen/Common area was very handy, they have vending machines with cheap alcohol, cereal, milk, snacks etc as well as giving you full use of the kitchen making it easy to stay here and make your own meals throughout the day. There was a nice homely atmosphere to the place and I would recommend it to others. If I had to pick out 1 small issue I would say there could be better lighting in the rooms

• E_salter1990
  • England, Couple, 25-30
13th Apr 2016

Really great hostel! Would highly recommended. Great layout, clean, good cheap vending machines and only had to share a bathroom between 2 rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful and had a really great backpacker vibe. The staff even introduce new arrivals each day. Great food nearby, opposite the beach and good location.

12th Apr 2016

FRIENDLY STAFF... WELL LOCATED HOSTEL.... I STAYED IN A THREE PEOPLE DORM... AND I LIKED THE ROOM WAS DIVIDED IN THREE PRIVATE AREAS.... STAFF WOMEN WERE SO FRIENDLY.... I FORGOT MY LOCK KEY INSIDE THE LOCKER,... THEY HELPED ME LENDING ME TWEEZERS FOR CUTTING THE LOCK... I RENTED THERE SCOOTER, AT A GOOD PRICE... IT IS A SAFE PLACE... I WOULD STAY IN THISS HOSTEL AGAIN IF I GO BACK TO LANGKAWI... PEOPLE, IF YOU GO TO LANGKAWI, RENT A SCOOTER...!!! IT IS REALLY FUN TO GO ALL AROUND THEISLAND

• hollyjune
  • Austria, Female, 18-24
6th Apr 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever been, would definitely come back again if I stay in langkawi. Quiet and good location (although you are near to action) Nice beach nearby!! Cleaning room service every day, super friendly staff which is really interested in helping you, Veery relaxed atmosphere, good rooms

• wittenberg9
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
6th Apr 2016

A simple but very clean and well run place. The staff was extremely helpful in making suggestions for what to see and do in Langkawi and onwards. Definitely would stay again and recommend to other travelers.

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Apr 2016

I found this hostel on workaway to volunteer here. I stayed for 3 nights beforehand and think its brilliant. I am more than happy to spend 3+ weeks working and socialising here. Lush empty beach 5 mins walk away. Good bars and restaurants nearby. Great communal atmosphere supported by lovely staff who make you feel like part of the family. Rooms cleaned regularly. Cheap tours and bike rental. More suited to young solo / small group travellers who want to socialise with others.

2nd Apr 2016

I cannot rate this hostel highly enough - it felt more like a villa or home than a hostel. Your room gets cleaned daily, your towels are replaced every 2 days, everything is beautifully clean and everyone is so friendly. Location is fantastic for the beach but you can hire a scooter from reception if you wish to explore, which we did! Great atmosphere and we made many friends at Zachry. Eat breakfast at Cactus down the road, you won't regret it... we went everyday.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th Mar 2016
6.6

Staff were very helpful and everything was great. What was not acceptable was being woken up early every morning by dogs. Also, the pillows were very high and hurt my neck. So... feel free to stay here and enjoy yourself, just be aware that you may not get a full night of sleep.

Thank you for your review. The presence of dogs are clearly informed at our micro site. Obviously we will endeavor to make all guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We wish we could provide all our guests with the best mattress according the pax firmness/softness need, high thread-count bed linens, over-sized, plush bath towels and feather beads pillows, but please remember we offer basic place at affordable cost, which is why you chose to spend your money here at the first place - one of the cheapest hostels in Langkawi.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
26th Mar 2016

I stayed here for 6 nights, and really enjoyed my stay. It is about 15-20min walk to Cenang beach, a lot closer than I had thought, and nearby, there is an amazing quieter beach. Staff here are amazing, really nice and friendly. It was my birthday during my time here, and they got me a birthday cake and took photos, and emailed them to me, really sweet. I was staying in a 3 bed dorm, but there was lots of space. each bed area was almost like a mini room.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
24th Mar 2016

I have travelled many places around the world and have always thought of home.. And yet at Zackry Guest House I felt at home. The staff are so warm and welcoming -- truly caring about your well being and how you are, always quick to offer a tip for a good activity or a good place to chill out. I can't rate this guesthouse highly enough -- if I could it an 11 I would... Thanks so much for the B'day cake for my missus it made her day!! A charming place to stay. Be back soon. Christian and Preya.