Zackry Guest House Reviews

Lot.735 Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia

I had a very good time there with very friendly staff.

• 12th Sep 2014

Would not stay again or recommend

Staff extremely friendly and efficient. Really knowledgeable and approachable. I had a great stay and if I ever visit the island again I will probably return to Zackry's.

I checked into this place for one night and stayed for four. As a solo traveler, it was easy to meet others in the common area. The location is good and the room I got was simple but had everything I needed. Sam was a very generous host and went so far as to walk another girl and I home after a night out and even bought a whole gang of us ice cream another night while watching a film. Overall, I had an enjoyable stay and the wifi was fantastic!

Rooms are basic but ok, the guesthouse is in the less-resorty (nicer and quieter) part of Langkawi but everything you need is close by, there's a couple of really cheap and good places to eat just around the corner, scooter rental, shops, nice beach, etc. Sam (the manager) is a very cool and funny guy, the first night I stayed the fan in my room broke and he fixed it straight away in the morning.

Awesome place to stay and meet other people. Sam who runs the place is very friendly and will help you with anything you need. Have him buy you the 5RM chicken rice.. Local, cheap

Nice & cheap.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Me and my mum had a fun stay at Zackry's , I enjoyed the way the main guy at the hostel was always organinsing events to get everyone involved, although it sometimes felt a bit pushy as he was always asking for money. The hostel was close to the beach and the town facilities , it was nothing flash but perfect for what we needed and we had a great time meeting fellow travellersa nd fishing!!

Great to hear that pax enjoyed the stay with us. Unfortunately we do not running tab hence when one wants something or service, they have to pay - as shocking as it is we do not offer free service nor freebies unless stated otherwise in our microsite. We will not keep asking money unless pax keep delaying payment.

We are an older couple who recently enjoyed a 7 day stay at Zackry's guesthouse. We found it to be clean and comfortable and quite socable even we were of a ifferent generatoo. My husband enjoyed a great day out Barracuda fishing organised by and with Sam. We all enjoyed sharing their spoils at a local resaurant later that evening.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice guesthouse just a couple of minutes walk from beach, and 15 min into town. 22myr taxi to airport. Cheap beer, even had a free dinner for everyone for Hari Raya. Only thing is that for the shared bathroom, there is only one toilet and one shower for too many people. Atmosphere definitely makes up for it, easy to meet people as a single traveler, and Sam was also quite funny and up for a good chat. Free coffee and water anytime. Would stay again!

We have one shower and a separate toilet for max. 7 pax while the other buildings even only have 1 to 4 pax ratio maximum. I believe this is very good ratio for a hostel as we know for sure many hostels even have highest ratio per toilet and shower.

Beautiful location, lovely people! Really enjoyed our stay here and would happily come again.

• 24th Jul 2014

Great place to stay! Staff are awesome, especially Sam, who loves to get people socialising! Close to the beach, also a small swimming pool nice for cooling off. I had a room with a fan then moved to one with aircon, aircon was nice but I found even with just the fan on I was cool enough to sleep comfortably. Overall a fantastic place, I'd love to go back!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

I've stayed in a lot of hostels around the world and Zackry Guest House would have to be one of the best! It is immaculately clean, the free wifi works everywhere (including your room), and the hostel manager Zam is great value - he knows all the best local places to eat and will help you out with anything if you just ask. I travelled on my own and having a single room was also really nice. I highly recommend this hostel - all you need to bring is a lock for the cupboard in your room!

The location was good, only a 5-minute walk to the beach. Room was perfectly fine too. The owner was a bit of a creep though: asked me about my marital status within two minutes of checking in and kept asking me what kind of guys I like. As a woman traveling alone I did not appreciate this.

We had a Great time in zackrys Hostel and langkawi in General. Nice and funny People, awesome Nights Witting together, cool activities- definitely recommend That Place! Would go back there whenever we are on langkawi again!

• 14th Jul 2014

We loved our stay here! Sam who worked there was so friendly and welcoming. We had originally booked for two nights however we only ended up staying for one as we missed our flight! The hostel and they were happy to keep our room for us and were very understanding. The staff organised a fishing tour for the guests and in the evening they had the fish cooked and prepared for us. We all sat and ate together in the restaurant next door and it was a great way of meeting people.

• 8th Jul 2014

Very nice place to stay on langkawi. Clean rooms, big and nice food/drink area. Friendly staff, cheap beer, you must go fishing :)

Had a great stay! Sam made me feel really welcome! As a single traveller hè invited me to do things with them, really sweet!

It was an ok hostel - we arrived to be told that one of the toilets was broken (it was fixed on our last day), the water was out so no showers (it was back on by the time we got home that night), and the water filter was out for a day. The location was ok - we took alot of cabs everywhere because it was far from a lot, not alot of food options, but the beach is real close (5 mins) and beauty. 3RM in the reception area is key too (could have been colder haha). Overall, ok but wouldn't stay again

My Dad and I booked a twin share room with private toilet and shower, and it was great! The room and bathroom were clean, and the air conditioner was fantastic in the hot heat. We were allowed to check in early and to it was easy to extend our stay. Also, the guesthouse is on a street with lots of restaurants nearby, and only a 5min walk to the beach! The staff were so nice and friendly as well, with the owner always happy to help out and recommend somewhere to eat! Overall, a great place!

« first « Prev 1 2 3