Zackry Guest House Reviews

Lot.735 Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia

This is a brilliant place to stay if you like seeing an area with other people staying at your hostel. For a small petrol fee, Sam showed us all of the sights on a two day minibus tour. It was an amazing weekend and I look forward to returning with my partner to do some fishing.

There's a weird smell in the rooms and the toilet facilities. The look of the place is a bit outdated. Not so clean - found dirt on my towel. Staff was nice, though. Very simple place. Somewhat close to beach and good (but pricey) restaurants next door. Cheapest option we could find and we were pretty satisfied with our stay.

As mentioned, we are the cheapest option in the island and glad that pax were satisfied with their stay. Having said that we will endeavor to make all guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We wish we could provide all our guests with high thread-count bed linens, over-sized, plush bath towels and feather beads, but please remember we are offer basic place at an affordable cost, which is why you chose to spend your money here at the first place. a budget hostel.

We really liked staying at this guest house. Our group stayed in two rooms - both rooms were very cleaned, and were cleaned daily during our stay. The location is excellent, within walking distance of the beach. The staff were really friendly, and there is a good common area for socialising. I would definitely recommend this guest house, if you are looking for a fairly cheap place to stay in Langkawi.

The hostel is good! Langkawi is a really hot place, so, my advise for you is, book a bedroom with ar conditioning. Me and my friend stayed there for 2 days, and we didn't have any problems. They try to be as clean as they can in the bedrooms. The wifi is good and close to the hostel there is a place with good breakfast (cheap as well) and the hostel gives 10% of discount in this breaksfast.

• 27th Sep 2014

Okay guesthouse, Wifi is very poor!

Quoted from TM's announcement dated 18 September : Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) wishes to announce that our consortium members have detected a fault on the Asia-America Gateway (AAG) submarine cable in Hong Kong segment linking Malaysia to the United States and North Asia. During this period, Internet users may experience some degree of service degradation such as slow browsing and high latency while accessing international websites mainly hosted in the United States (US), North Asia and Europe.

We would like to thank Sam and Pita for the wonderful stay we had at Zakary's, their attitude went a long way to making the end of our holiday both relaxing and enjoyable. The place is well managed, clean and friendly and this rubs off on everyone who stays there. We met some great people and shared some fun times in and out of the guesthouse. We were travelling with our two grandchildren (12 and 10) and they thought it was the best part of their holiday (especially the dogs !!).

I had a very good time there with very friendly staff.

• 12th Sep 2014

Would not stay again or recommend

Staff extremely friendly and efficient. Really knowledgeable and approachable. I had a great stay and if I ever visit the island again I will probably return to Zackry's.

I checked into this place for one night and stayed for four. As a solo traveler, it was easy to meet others in the common area. The location is good and the room I got was simple but had everything I needed. Sam was a very generous host and went so far as to walk another girl and I home after a night out and even bought a whole gang of us ice cream another night while watching a film. Overall, I had an enjoyable stay and the wifi was fantastic!

Rooms are basic but ok, the guesthouse is in the less-resorty (nicer and quieter) part of Langkawi but everything you need is close by, there's a couple of really cheap and good places to eat just around the corner, scooter rental, shops, nice beach, etc. Sam (the manager) is a very cool and funny guy, the first night I stayed the fan in my room broke and he fixed it straight away in the morning.

Awesome place to stay and meet other people. Sam who runs the place is very friendly and will help you with anything you need. Have him buy you the 5RM chicken rice.. Local, cheap

Nice & cheap.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Me and my mum had a fun stay at Zackry's , I enjoyed the way the main guy at the hostel was always organinsing events to get everyone involved, although it sometimes felt a bit pushy as he was always asking for money. The hostel was close to the beach and the town facilities , it was nothing flash but perfect for what we needed and we had a great time meeting fellow travellersa nd fishing!!

Great to hear that pax enjoyed the stay with us. Unfortunately we do not running tab hence when one wants something or service, they have to pay - as shocking as it is we do not offer free service nor freebies unless stated otherwise in our microsite. We will not keep asking money unless pax keep delaying payment.

We are an older couple who recently enjoyed a 7 day stay at Zackry's guesthouse. We found it to be clean and comfortable and quite socable even we were of a ifferent generatoo. My husband enjoyed a great day out Barracuda fishing organised by and with Sam. We all enjoyed sharing their spoils at a local resaurant later that evening.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice guesthouse just a couple of minutes walk from beach, and 15 min into town. 22myr taxi to airport. Cheap beer, even had a free dinner for everyone for Hari Raya. Only thing is that for the shared bathroom, there is only one toilet and one shower for too many people. Atmosphere definitely makes up for it, easy to meet people as a single traveler, and Sam was also quite funny and up for a good chat. Free coffee and water anytime. Would stay again!

We have one shower and a separate toilet for max. 7 pax while the other buildings even only have 1 to 4 pax ratio maximum. I believe this is very good ratio for a hostel as we know for sure many hostels even have highest ratio per toilet and shower.

Beautiful location, lovely people! Really enjoyed our stay here and would happily come again.

• 24th Jul 2014

Great place to stay! Staff are awesome, especially Sam, who loves to get people socialising! Close to the beach, also a small swimming pool nice for cooling off. I had a room with a fan then moved to one with aircon, aircon was nice but I found even with just the fan on I was cool enough to sleep comfortably. Overall a fantastic place, I'd love to go back!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

I've stayed in a lot of hostels around the world and Zackry Guest House would have to be one of the best! It is immaculately clean, the free wifi works everywhere (including your room), and the hostel manager Zam is great value - he knows all the best local places to eat and will help you out with anything if you just ask. I travelled on my own and having a single room was also really nice. I highly recommend this hostel - all you need to bring is a lock for the cupboard in your room!

The location was good, only a 5-minute walk to the beach. Room was perfectly fine too. The owner was a bit of a creep though: asked me about my marital status within two minutes of checking in and kept asking me what kind of guys I like. As a woman traveling alone I did not appreciate this.