Zackry Guest House Reviews

Lot.735 Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia

The guesthouse is close to the beach and restaurants. The staff is nice and the dogs very cute.

Very good backpacker hostel on Langkawi. Great place if you are sociable and want to meet fellow travelers. The rooms are very basic so if you are looking for something more comfortable or resort-like then you are better off finding another place closer to the main tourist drag. We greatly enjoyed our stay on Langkawi and all the people we met through Zackry Guest House. Will recommend this place to friends traveling on a budget or backpackers in the future!

nice place, about 5 minutes walk from Tengah beach, big lockable cupboard in the room, good kitchen facilities so can actually cook food, free tea, coffee and water all day. very sociable place and the dogs are lovely.

The place is nice, there's a tv in the communal area with free tea, coffee and water which is great. I did feel like the rooms were pricey for what they were though. Everytime we used the shower, hundreds of ants would appear from the fitting too which wasnt fun. Stayed somewhere else after much nicer for the same price so I would say its over priced for what you get.

Top place. Good place to stay solo even tho rooms are private. Sam makes the party, organising day and night activities. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Awesome place next to the beach. Ros look slightly run down but it does the job fine. Friendly staff and the WiFi network was good.

Great location: best beach around is only a 5 minute walk. Staff (The legend Sammy): great friendly, takes you fishing, drinks with you. Lovely guy. Will definitely stay here again.

• 11th Mar 2014

Overall I was happy with Zackry Guest House for the amount we paid. However, I was not happy being told that we cannot bring outside beer to drink at the rest area. If at all there are any restrictions, it must be stated clearly before booking and not at the counter after booking.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

This is common sense that you cannot bring your own beer to the bar. I believe this happens in every establishment in the world unless paying corkage.

This place is perfect for a nice little holiday in Langkawi. With its little pool, perfect location near to the nicest beach, cute dogs and very relaxed common area you will feel immediately at home and probably stay longer than intended.

Very nice hostel, room was clean and spacious, nice common area to hang out in as well with a tv, bar, and kitchen area for making your own meals if you want. Staff was super friendly and helpful with booking our island hopping excursion and giving restaurant suggestions. Close to many restaurants and close enough to cab or walk to Cenang beach and all of is bars and restaurants as well! Would stay again.

comfortable place, very close to the beach, staff tries to help and entertain a lot, definitly a great place to spend some time and relax, participate in a nice fishing trip and dont have to spend lots of money.

I give negative rating on the very strict 2-day minimum stay.

Friendly atmosphere and great staff.

Very cosy guesthouse. Friendly staff. Clean and basic room. Cute dogs. Even a small swimmingpool!

This was a very nice place to stay. The staff were very friendly and the facilities are ok. Room was ok, air con working well.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Costa Rica

Location was ok, about a 20min walk to the main part of town but close to a much quieter beach which was nice. Room was very average and pretty small. Staff were friendly in the evenings but useless with everything else! Didn't want to let us use the phone and wouldn't book a ferry for us. Also wouldn't book a taxi, told us to walk to the main road with all our bags and find one!

Pax might mistaken our price with a full service hotel. This is a hostel meant for savvy backpacker. We always advise our guests to book the tickets online as cutting off the cost of commission to travel agent which for our most customers are really appreciated. Same with taxi as calling taxi will impose service charge by the taxi operator while the taxi station just actually across the road. Yes, unfortunately for our price tag that we cannot offer to carry pax luggage. No bellboy indeed.

Clean and nice I'll come again :)

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

I really enjoy staying at Zackry Guest House for my Christmas vacation! My room is simple but comfortable(single room with fan), i sleep well. I can lock my stuff in safety cabinate in my own room when i am going to beach. There is only one share shower room near to me, but it big enough for me to dance inside, ha. The guest house also provide free water and hot water for us in the open hall.This place is suitable for socialable backpackers, i like this guest house's people and environment.

Reall lovely place to stay, welcoming and invited me to be involved in all the activities they were running (including Christmas dinner). Recommend it, I felt really comfortable there as a woman travelling alone.

Great friendly staff who really encourage you to go and see langkawi together with other guests at the hostel.. A 15 minute walk into town and very close to the beach. Would definitely recommend staying here!

• 16th Dec 2013