Zackry Guest House Reviews

Lot.735 Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia

Staff was mostly absent, location was not very good nearly 30 minute walk to main restaurants and bigger beach. Room was basic. Good wifi but that's about it - cheap price but you don't get much for it.

This pax ruined our bedroom. Torn down our cotton the pillow and got away with it as checked our early. We could charge their credit cards and easily lodge report to authority for this. Many restaurants are nearby our places but if the main ones referred to joints such McD, KFC, Starbuck and Subway indeed pax was in wrong location. As to other reviewers, our guests chose to stay with us for quiet beach and local establishments nearby.

Our stay at Zackry Guest House was very nice! We really enjoyed spending time with the staff and other guests. Sam, the manager, is super welcoming and brings everyone together for a good time. It's the place to be if you are looking to meet people! The guest house is within a 10 minute walk to a nice beach and beach bar/restaurant. While the rooms are basic and could use some updating, we enjoyed the time we spent here. We hope to return in the future!

The staff were very helpful and knowledgable re travel in Malaysia/Thailand.

a small single room but it's okay. it 's close to the Tengah Beach,just at the opposite, 5-minute walk from the guesthouse. not much people in public area,maybe they all go to the beach.The dogs there are very clever that they can tell you are the guest or not when you come back at midnight.

Cozy place close to the beach. The receptionist Sam was really nice - took us to the foodmarket and cooked local food for us. Very close to a really nice beach (not crowded at all). We can only recommend this place!

Really nice place to stay. Near the beach ( just 5 minutes walking) and that is a quiet beach where are almost no people and there is a nice beach bar ( jam rock). Also near to chenang (10 to 15 min walking). if you need help or need to know something you can ask the staff. room is cleaned everyday.I had a room with airco and shower with a double . was a clean room. i looked at the other room with fan and shared shower and they also looked nice. also easy to meet people if you would like that.

I don't think you can get a better deal for this price. 1. Location is not ideal but it's still walkable to the main strip. (If you rent a bike this problem is solved) 2. Room was good, lots of space. (the only con: the lighting was a bit weak) 3. Everything was really clean. 4. Good shower. Tip: Bring repellent. Lots of mosquitoes at dawn. Only outside, not inside the rooms though.

Amazing time in this amazing hostel, with an amazing staff! Just didn't like when I was refused to bring outside alcohol xD

I can't imagine visiting Langkawi without staying at Zackry. I was treated like family by all of the guest and staff.

This is a basic beach hostel and one of the cheapest accommodations on the island. The owner is helpful.There is a nice laidback atmosphere to hang out with everyone in the evenings, but it's also quiet enough to sleep in the rooms. The location is perfect. It's within walking distance to most things on the island. The room was basic, just beds and the bathroom, but it was comfortable and clean. If your on a budget this is the perfect solution to the more expensive hotels on the island.

Very friendly staff, good location near public beach and relaxed atmosphere.

• 15th Feb 2015

Stayed for 5 nights, wish I'd booked more! Sam was a nice chap, and arranged activities, got people together and was good fun. Rooms are basic, generally clean, few grimy patches but for me was the best place (and cheapest) to stay on the island. Will definitely come back! Right near a good beach that isn't busy. Main strip is 15 min walk, which is a good thing for me, don't know why anybody would want to stay there. Overall had an excellent stay here and would recommend.

Good and clean, owner helpful and common area really fun.

This was our first stop in Asia after being in the UK and it was a perfect choice. We were jet lagged most of the time and it was a great place to relax. the closest beach isnt the main beach but its a lot nicer and not as crowded. Good common area to hang out and have a couple of drinks and lots of reataurants and bars around. love the free filtered water too!

All in all a very pleasant stay! Only thing that was bothering me was that the security lockers are outside in the common room which is opened all night basically. For the day its fine as long as the staff is around, during night not. But wasnt a big problem as i simply took my stuff out for the night. Other than that, really good guesthouse!

Our area is covered by CCTV's and the common area including the security lockers are the covered areas as well.

Had a good stay here, there's always the opportunity to socialise etc in the common bit and Sam puts together nights that gets everyone involved (and makes a VERY strong rum and coke) it's in the quieter area of pantai tengah, but it never takes too long to walk anywhere.

Really nice staff, friendly and helpful and always inviting us to join them at dinner, to drinks or to a trip. Good social environment. Nice location, walking distance to the beach, and to the many shops.

We had a great stay at Zackry's in January. The place was cool and laid back, with cheap cold beer at the bar. Sam the owner is a real character and good to chat to. The other staff were lovely too. It's only a few minutes walk from the gorgeous Tengah beach with a good selection of restaurants, bars and spa's (would highly recommend Yuan spa's 2.5 hour full treatment (approx £35), a snorkelling trip to Pulau Payar with East Marine Dive (ask Sam) and the Cactus restaurant :)

We stayed in a double bed room with AC for 4 nights. Overall it was good, it does what it says. Just like anywhere on Langkawi one needs a scooter/car to move around. This place is not far from the beach. Someone on a budget this is place is great. The island is duty free so shopping is must, drinking is cheap and the staff can help. But the staff person was bit too chill, and not as pleasant as some of the other hostels we been. Eg playing videos on mobile phone loudly is not cool.

“It is hard work and great art to make life not so serious.” ― John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire We are so sorry that we do not offer conventional way where staff has to go behind reception desk all day and night long and to greet the guests whenever they pass by or even - as much to so many people disappointment to carry guests' luggage to/fro their rooms.

probably my least favorite place in 3 months of travel. I didn't find it clean, there was dust and cobwebs in my room, the whole place feels a bit dark, dingy, run down and in need of some tlc. centipede crawling through my room on the first night. the owner was friendly but made inappropriate comments to me. as a solo female traveler, this made me feel uncomfortable. I realise it's budget but I left and found a nicer, cheaper clean dorm room near cenang beach which was a lot better.

Not everybody suitable to stay in our place, however to make up a review is another story. Our place enjoys a very high occupancy all year long. Dust and cobwebs present in a place that has no occupant for long times. Obviously dorm bed can be cheaper than single room that pax takes. Ones should book the accommodation that suit themselves easily chosen through hostelworld by reading explanations and reviews carefully by comparing the prices that suit their budgets.

« first « Prev 1 2 3