Zanzibar Lodge Reviews

Mkunazini street, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania

On arrival the room we received had dirty linen and towels. The towels were worn as well. The one bed frame came apart before we could sleep on night 1. We were moved to another room which was much better. The bed wasn't touched for the second night's sleep. Not turned down or the room tidied up. The hospitality was fine. They were helpful with organising some tours for us with local operators. The breakfast was basic: fruit, plain egg omlette and bread.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Reading the other reviews, I wasn't sure if I went to the same place. And I am still not sure, if I just was there on an off day? The place has no atmosphere, and actually almost no people in it. It was difficult to even find the staff. Staff themselves, one incredibly friendly and warm (thank you Smiley) and the other one wanted to sell me tours. The room was very clean, the place a room to sleep in and nothing else. Which is fine, but I think I paid to much for it.

View all Zanzibar Bed and Breakfasts