Zbra Hostel Reviews

Avenida General San Martin, 1212, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This was the best hostel i've stayed so far,the staff were great,very helpful,the location is awesome,near to the beach and great restaurants!

Very fun place. One block from the beach and good service. Not very cheap, as expected because of the location.

This is THE BEST location. Just a few blocks from the beach at Leblon. Surrounded by some really lively bars and restaurants. I was in the top bunk (of three) and well as my locker being three up, and it was just pretty inconvenient. Hard to deal with a 40 pound backpack that I can barely reach the locker. But I was only staying one night, so it wasn't a big deal. Other than that, I really recommend this place!

Its a good hostel. Its fairly pricey for what you get (you are really paying for the 'neighbourhood'). Most things were good. The security was a bit lax - there was no locked door at the front (a simple sliding door) - so anyone could get in. The lockers provided have keys - but my key was a little sketchy and would only work 50% of the time.

Thank you to all. The staff were all so helpful in answering questions about Rio and booking trips and transfers.

Great location, poor value for money.... Looks so much better in the photos that it really is. We went to to splurge and enjoy premium hostel accommodation, but disappointed.

Dorm room was jam packed and very noisy due to mechanical equipment right outside the window. Bathrooms were also not very clean. Downstairs bar blasted music until 4am despite nobody in the bar. Area around the hostel is very nice but until the metro extension is completed need to rely on a cab or buses to get around which takes a long time due to heavy traffic.

Bring food in

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Chile

Will definitely come back.

• 6th May 2014
  • Argentina

The location is very good, just one or two blocks away from Leblon Beach and very close to many bus stations that take you everywhere. Leblon is a quite district though, so do not expect it to be as bustling or animated as other areas in Ipanema or Copacabana. Breakfast is excellent. The rooms are clean and the bed was comfortable. Restrooms were clean everytime I had to use them. There is a common area which I expected to be more lively, but maybe it was because I was traveling in low season.

NICE NEIGHBOORHOOD!

I really enjoyed Zbra hostel! I found it to be the best location for me as it was close to the beach, good restaurants and bars and easy bus access to all the attractions! The staff were friendly and always had good advice! The caipirinhas at the bar are a good way to start your night and the breakfast was filling with fresh fruit! I felt safe to walk to and from the hostel at night as Leblon is a very nice neighborhood! Definitely a great way to start my trip!

Great staff. Attentive to needs, fun, informative about the city. Great place to meet more local travelers--Many from Brazil and South America. Excellent feature not seen in many hostels is the individual outlet for every bed in the dorms. Makes traveling in 2013 easy, as you are not constantly searching for an outlet for devices and not sitting, waiting for charges.

Great location and atmosphere. However very crammed dormitories.

• 15th Aug 2013

The hostel´s design and location are the only goos thing. The atmosphere was not as welcoming and relaxed as we expected..I think that people who work at hostels should be more open and friendly. The impression we got is that they didn´t even care if we were there or not. In addition to this we were given the highest beds which were really difficult to access, and the lockers were so high that it was impossible for us to put our luggage in them.

great place, great people great hostel! ill be back next week ;)

The Hostel was just amazing... Breakfast, location, cleanness everything super good... but the best point is the staff! They are so helpfull and nice and always try to help you and that the guest feels confortable... if i go again to rio... just Zbra Only point... ist not realy quiet there, so if u prefere a quiet relax room its better to choose an other one! In Zbra is more a living, sharing and social hostel :)

• 25th Jun 2013
  • Switzerland

Z.Bra is my fav place to stay in Rio. I have been staying there since last year and wouldn´t change it. The staff is just AMAZING, lovely, helpful and always happy. I feel so great when I am staying there. Also, the location is perfect. It is only 2min walking distance from the beach and nearby there are plenty of bars, restaurants, shops and markets.

Thanks Paula!!! We also love having you here!!! Hope to see you soon !!!

Best hostel in Rio! The entire place is cleaned regularly and secure. The staff is more than helpful, they go out of their way to make sure you have accommodations, or they direct you in the right place. The staff enjoys working at Z.bra! The breakfast is delicious and fresh. There are social functions available daily, if needed. The lobby is comfortable with a full bar and wifi. Located one block from Leblon beach! The location does not get better. Overall amazing experience!

• 24th Apr 2013

Thanks Josh!!! Come back soon!!!

Great hostel. Beautifully designed with vintage furnitures. Never been to a hostel like this. Located in the most comfortable and wealthiest areas in Rio, Leblon, but if this is your first time in Rio, do not stay here. Although just two blocks from the coast, it is a bit far from the most important touristic spots a foreigner has to see. You rather stay at the beginning of Ipanema, close to Copacabana, so you won't spend much time on bus or cab when going to those places.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6