Zebra Crossing Reviews

82 New Church street, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa

I've booked in a single room for two nights but ended up staying for a week. If you don't want to spend a fortune on centrally located accommodation and just require a clean bed, shower and a secure room this is a great place to stay. The room was small but clean, basic furniture, beds are comfortable. Clean bathrooms with hot water. In house cafe. Awesome staff, very helpful. All in all very good value for money. Definitely a place to recommend!

• 26th Sep 2015

I booked a single room & it was practically in a closet. Single bed width, no overhead light, just a lamp. A foot above my head were the box containing the hostels electricity switches & meter. I think a monks cell would be more inviting. On the plus friendly staff, and the dorms looked good. However the hostel is pretty run down with long term residents who appear to be fairly self-contained. It's cheap but it's not worth it.

Dear Saleh Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear of your discomfort, had you informed us during your stay, we would have offered you another room. Those are our budget rooms. In our quiet off-season we have no option but to take on long term tenants and come mid-September the long termers leave and the place is refreshed. If ever you are in Cape Town again we hope you will let us make it up to you. Kind Regards, Stacey

Muggings frequently occur in this area. While it may not be the direct responsibility of the management, it will still have a negative impact on my perception of this hostel. A lot more should be done to prevent this from happening.

• 8th May 2015
  • Singapore

Only point to note is that the outside room near the patio was not sound proof and at night time people talking in this area could be heard well into the night. On my final night 2 people decided to get rather amorous lots of audible panting and noises, luckily not taking it all the way..........perhaps this behaviour should be discouraged in a hostel when people are trying to sleep.

← Back to search results