Zebra Crossing Reviews

82 New Church street, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa

The staff (particularly Katrin) were beyond wonderful. Katrin stayed in touch with me before my trip and accommodated so many changes and requests due to my lack of organization :X. I felt very secure and the environment was friendly. maxwell (the driver) was also a really great experience he was timely and nice with reasonable pricing.

The staff was extremely helpful - both in the month and weeks leading up to the trip as well as once I arrived. The location was nice between the busier downtown Cape Town and the attractions around Table Mountain. Zebra Crossing wa also easy walking distacne to shops on Long Street where we found handmade African products. Maxwell the driver was also very kind and helpful with driving to and from the airport. So glad we found Zebra Crossing!

• 2nd Dec 2015

Hi Elizabeth Thank you very much for your lovely comment. It was great to meet you and your daughter and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you come visit us again in the near future. Kind Regards, Stacey

overall very well run place which unlike most other hostels in capetown has a laundry facility. the office hours are 8am to 8pm so unfortunite examples of highly anti social behavior at night could not be reported to the staff at the time. but likewise the hostel has no control over who books a spot i think i just got unlicky. otherwise i would certainly stay agai

This is the third time I've stayed at Zebra Crossing and I have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The single room was cozy and comfortable. I always meet lots of single travellers and find it easy to make new friends here. Zebra Crossing is not a party place but is close enough to plenty of nightlife. I will always come back and would recommend anyone to stay there.

• 13th Oct 2015

I've booked in a single room for two nights but ended up staying for a week. If you don't want to spend a fortune on centrally located accommodation and just require a clean bed, shower and a secure room this is a great place to stay. The room was small but clean, basic furniture, beds are comfortable. Clean bathrooms with hot water. In house cafe. Awesome staff, very helpful. All in all very good value for money. Definitely a place to recommend!

• 26th Sep 2015

I booked a single room & it was practically in a closet. Single bed width, no overhead light, just a lamp. A foot above my head were the box containing the hostels electricity switches & meter. I think a monks cell would be more inviting. On the plus friendly staff, and the dorms looked good. However the hostel is pretty run down with long term residents who appear to be fairly self-contained. It's cheap but it's not worth it.

Dear Saleh Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear of your discomfort, had you informed us during your stay, we would have offered you another room. Those are our budget rooms. In our quiet off-season we have no option but to take on long term tenants and come mid-September the long termers leave and the place is refreshed. If ever you are in Cape Town again we hope you will let us make it up to you. Kind Regards, Stacey

Muggings frequently occur in this area. While it may not be the direct responsibility of the management, it will still have a negative impact on my perception of this hostel. A lot more should be done to prevent this from happening.

• 8th May 2015
  • Singapore

Only point to note is that the outside room near the patio was not sound proof and at night time people talking in this area could be heard well into the night. On my final night 2 people decided to get rather amorous lots of audible panting and noises, luckily not taking it all the way..........perhaps this behaviour should be discouraged in a hostel when people are trying to sleep.

Very nice Staff and chilled vibe!

• 11th Apr 2015

Make sure not to walk outside the hostel at night because there have been a lot of muggings on that street.

• 21st Mar 2015

We stayed for four nights in a very spacious twin room at the Zebra crossing. What we especially liked about the hostel was the bar where we could also get breakfast in the morning. The Chef was a lovely Lady and the Prices more than fair.

Stayed for a week in a double room, no complaints at all. It isn't the most luxurious hostel in Cape Town (if you compare some of the prizes, you know what you'd pay for one of those), but everything was clean. Toilets and showers are not ensuite, but can be found on various locations on the premises, which makes it ok for pee-shy people. ;-) They have a travel centre to book activities around the Cape and have a very nice lady cooking dinner and breakfast for almost no money. Would come back

Great space and staff but the single room was super tiny and had a nasty ant infestation. Better off getting a dorm, more space. Wifi is pretty useless but the cafe has great food and it a perfect location.

It's actually a very nice place to stay and the front and backyard invite to hang out. Also the Café offers good food. But the mattresses should really be exchanged one day, some top beds got nothing that would prevent you from falling down if you even have managed to climb it up. Be prepared, more older people stay here, many for several months and some even live here. So one might think it's disgusting how much stuff lies around their beds. It's not too bad but there's really much to do!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

if you re just looking for a cheap bed to sleep it s absolutely okay. Quiet loud because the room was next to the garden where people were chatting all night long

Nice place with good outdoor sitting area. Laundry facility a plus! A lot of older people staying here(50 )... Really enjoyed the bar where you can order breakfast and lunch!

could improve the wifi range pretty much had to be next to the wifi hotspot only thing i can think of everything else was ok

This hostel is cute, well-run and centrally located. The beds were fine and there were nice bathrooms, a kitchen and a tv room. My two complaints are: the tv room is right outside the bedroom where we stayed so we heard loud movies until 3 am some nights. My second, and far bigger complaint, is the cockroaches. Within a space of 4 hours, I found 4 massive cockroaches crawling out of a hole in the wall right by my bed. The girl catty corner and above me also killed one. That is lack of spraying!

Great hostel! Awesome stuff and perfectly clean!

• 6th Dec 2014

This was definitely one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. It's a beautiful place, the location couldn't be better and the staff is amazing. We will definitely come back to the Zebra Crossing when we are in Cape Town again and recommend this place to everybody who goes there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7