Zebra Crossing Reviews

82 New Church street, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa

This hostel is cute, well-run and centrally located. The beds were fine and there were nice bathrooms, a kitchen and a tv room. My two complaints are: the tv room is right outside the bedroom where we stayed so we heard loud movies until 3 am some nights. My second, and far bigger complaint, is the cockroaches. Within a space of 4 hours, I found 4 massive cockroaches crawling out of a hole in the wall right by my bed. The girl catty corner and above me also killed one. That is lack of spraying!

Great hostel! Awesome stuff and perfectly clean!

• 6th Dec 2014

This was definitely one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. It's a beautiful place, the location couldn't be better and the staff is amazing. We will definitely come back to the Zebra Crossing when we are in Cape Town again and recommend this place to everybody who goes there.

I stayed in a private single for two nights and had a great visit. The staff was super kind, everything was clean, and the cafe was a great perk. Also, the location is perfect for walking everywhere!

Perfect location, close to the center and even though close to a main road it is very quiet during the night. Nice small cafe inside.

The hostel was excellent, I stayed in a single room which had a heater and a very warm duvet. Showers were cold with a couple of groups staying there. Kitchen included kettle, microwave and small stove for cooking with pots and pans available. Was a bit grotty as people have to clean up after themselves. Perfect location, short walk to Long Street. On a non-cloudy day, you can see Table Mountain full from the front of the hostel. Host was friendly, very helpful and pleasant.

The hostel is safe, clean and good value for money. However, there should be no smoking inside the hostel's compound. Clients were smoking just outside their rooms near to the office and kitchen.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

The toilets and showers are outside, on a cold rainy night, you would rather not want to experience getting wet just to go to the loo. I believe in summer it will be ok

I had a lovely stay here over a weekend. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, as were the occupants. The location is superb (a five minute walk from one of the busiest streets in Cape Town), very close to a taxi rank and relatively close to Table Mountain. Zebra Crossing itself is a wonderful hostel which is clean and very cool - I would have my breakfast in the courtyard and be able to see Table Mountain from my chair. Thoroughly recommended and I'll be staying again!

• 4th Apr 2014

The hostel is in poor condition but the location and price is good. Keys to the room is a joke, no safety lockers.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

Good simple clean hostel. Cheap simple cafe. Seems like a decent alternative to the Backpack next door. More of the pace for an older traveler or someone looking for a quiet alternative. Would I recommend, yes.

A fantastic place to stay if in Cape Town. It is comfy, clean and secure; in a nice location near to shops and bars and easy walking distance to the sights. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and there is a nice handy cafe where you can get breakfast and meals in the evening. No noisy partying so a good night's sleep after maybe a long flight. I'll definitely stay here again next time I am in Cape Town.

Great place to stay, quite central to all the sights in Cape Town and secure. Will definitely be staying here again in future.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • South Africa

Just a good place to stay, nothing special.

Quiet hostel near the CBD. Popular with older clients and guests so tends to promote an easy going and mature atmosphere. There is a small kitchen and a cafe for conveinience on site as well as a homely lounge. Probably not ideal for short term lone travellers or people intending to stop for only a few nights but if you have buisness or reason to stop in Cape Town for a while the hostel is a good one. Overall, great place and I would recommend as everything is of a good quality and standard.

The four of us stayed there for three nights at the end of winter. It is a quiet hostel. So unless you get a room to the main street you will get to sleep in. What we missed were warm showers and a warm room. It took the heater in our room two days to get the room slightly warmer than the outside. Another problem was that there was no locker in our room. The kitchen was spartan and really small. You have to take turns if you want to cook there. But all in all it was worth the money.

I stayed for only one night and enjoyed my time immensely. The hostel is pretty and charming. The staff were helpful. Communication via email was fast and efficient. The cafe was a nice thing in case you don't want to go out. Bonus: you have the company of a black cat from a hostel next door who hangs around in a room or the common area all the time.

This was a good Hostel in all aspects . When I stayed it was let down by Clients who did not follow the rules of cleaning up after themselves in the kitchen and a leaky electric kettle. That is the most negative thing I can find to say. If returning to Cape Town it would re-book.

• 29th Jun 2013

A lovely hostel that feels like a home... recommended.

as usual, it's fun and i got to make new friends, lovely and warm people around..that's how a hostel should be and yea it's definitely value for money but those experiences are the one that money can't buy

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7