Zebra Hostel Reviews

viale Regina Margherita 9, Milan, Italy

Going to be honest here, two members of staff were very friendly, the others were either non multi lingual or could not do what I asked, no wifi in the rooms, showers were like a hose in the wall! Kitchen was great but my room was open to all that stayed in the hostel not just in my room? Which was worrying! Glad I had a place to stay and would stay their again if I needed. But would not be my first choice. Great company that I met their made it a great experience in Milan.

The location is really good if you wanna be close of the center. The staff is really nice (except one guy). I think that is a good option if you're just traveling, discovering the world, etc.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Worst hostel in Europe , staff are not friendly, room is full of buds and the beds are not comfortable !! I don't recommend it at all !!!!

Good location, friendly staff, but dirty bathrooms. The sheets we got were still wet. In the middle of the night one of the staff knocked loudly on the door, switched on the light and very loudly explained a new guest something in the middle of a room full of sleeping people instead of speeking out of the room.

Beside the staff which was really helpful, I did not enjoy my stay at Zebra Hostel. The showers are really disgusting, like no one ever cleaned the place. The breakfast is average but free so I guess, it's ok. It's 5 min walk from the metro station.

• 20th Sep 2014

In the night there was very laud noises, so it was hard to sleep in a bedroom of 12 people. Otherwise the position in good and the atmosphere very easy!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

ATTN - This is my first review/warning because this is the one place I wish I had taken the -ve reviews seriously. As the other Sept reviews say, this place is a hole. Bed Bugs - in my bed and others, confirmed with 4 guests when I got there. reception have spray apparently, but I didn't want to risk it so slept in the foyer. still got attacked by mosquitoes. Bathrooms - mold everywhere, not allowed to use facilities even 1min after checkout, maybe a blessing. more to say but no room... s.o.s.

• 13th Sep 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights. The hostel is cleaned daily and has a nice atmosphere. Location is good. it's a 30-40 min walk to the church and a 15 min walk to Crocetta metro. There are a number of gelato stalls, along with bars that are open late in the evening. The only downside are the facilities. The hostel is quite old and is in need of an update. Staff are friendly and helpful :). Also had no bed bugs!!

I had a horrible experience with the receptionist. I felt so frustrated because there was a man who was moving the beds at 9:30 pm making a horrible noise... I couldn't sleep so I called to the receptionist and he was so rude, arrogant and he was yelling me. He had a bad attitude with my friend as well when she asked about the wifi password. I wont come back to this hostel and of course I wont recommend it either.ANDREA is his name and avoid to talk or have any contact with this guy!!!!!!

The Hostel was really dirty. There are just two showers which Don't Work well. The Bed room was full of flies and moskitos. It's really expensive for what it really IS. There was a boy from the hostel who was nice but the other one was awful. It was kind of near to the city centre but It's not 10 minutes walking

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Pretty good hostel, the highlight was free table tennis, board games and 8-ball. Good bar next door where you can get a free beer. Dodgy bathrooms, half the shower doors didn't lock and were a bit grungy. A lot of the walls needed cleaning or repainting. However the staff and atmosphere were really good, actually had a great time here :)

Great atmosphere to the hostel, awesome facilities. Quite clean and met lots of people. Only downfall was that wifi was not available in the rooms, but barring that I highly recommend it.

Please do not stay here, for your own sake. Read all the reviews

Don't stay here! I had the unfortunate experience of getting bed bugs (hostel staff confirmed it was bed bugs!!!) I spent 21 euros having to wash all my clothes and another 20 on antihistamines and bug spray. The hostel would only refund me 15 euros which is less than what I paid to stay there per night! Also when I went bk into my room after I checked out (as I thought I left something in there) my bed had been made, waiting for another unsuspecting guest! Don't sleep in bed 1503!

• 31st Aug 2014

There are bedbugs in the hostel, and there is no netting in the windows to prevent mosquitoes from entering the hostel. The mens showers are in need of repair on the second floor and and there are some locks on the toilet doors that are missing on the second floor.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Malta

I thought the hostel was dirty and a bit messy. The room was small and the worst is I had bed bugs in my bed and I had 15 bites on me and since I'm very allergic, it almost destroyed my trip!!!!!!! The location was good and that's about it.

I love the place. this was my first hostel experience ever and i just loved it. its near to the city center, super market, pharmacy and metro and tram stations..location couldn't get better than this. Very friendly staff. Great wifi and facilities. There were bikes available for rent too. I took advantage of that =D The breakfast wasn't that great though and I think they need new sheets as they're worn out. The beds are very squeaky. Still I would definitely come again =)

• 20th Aug 2014
  • rmasoud9223
  • Egypt

Not a great place to stay if you're expecting to have a good rest. Room next door to mine had 8 people partying all night and it didn't feel like anyone was willing to stop them. Also, you need a card to enter the building but after that all rooms are open, which doesn't seem safe. The location is ok, some walking is required if you wanna go to the duomo. The living room is good and the internet works there. There is one good restaurant nearby (you'll find it, it's really the only one).

I had a great time there. You do have to create the party scene though, it's a lot more chilled out than in the photos.

Common area was great, very Youth friendly, very chilled atmosphere

• 10th Aug 2014