Zebra Hostel Reviews

viale Regina Margherita 9, Milan, Italy

I thought the hostel was dirty and a bit messy. The room was small and the worst is I had bed bugs in my bed and I had 15 bites on me and since I'm very allergic, it almost destroyed my trip!!!!!!! The location was good and that's about it.

I love the place. this was my first hostel experience ever and i just loved it. its near to the city center, super market, pharmacy and metro and tram stations..location couldn't get better than this. Very friendly staff. Great wifi and facilities. There were bikes available for rent too. I took advantage of that =D The breakfast wasn't that great though and I think they need new sheets as they're worn out. The beds are very squeaky. Still I would definitely come again =)

• 20th Aug 2014
  • rmasoud9223
  • Egypt

Not a great place to stay if you're expecting to have a good rest. Room next door to mine had 8 people partying all night and it didn't feel like anyone was willing to stop them. Also, you need a card to enter the building but after that all rooms are open, which doesn't seem safe. The location is ok, some walking is required if you wanna go to the duomo. The living room is good and the internet works there. There is one good restaurant nearby (you'll find it, it's really the only one).

I had a great time there. You do have to create the party scene though, it's a lot more chilled out than in the photos.

Doors of Dorms were always open and everyone from the hostel could easily go to your room. Showers and toilets were disgusting.

Excellent for partying, and the hostel is not so bad actually. Although it really pissed me off when in the morning staff came into your room without knocking they didn't care what you were doing, and the doors have no locks on them. Bathrooms arenot dirty, but they could be renewed. Other than that I had a great time.

Free breakfast, free wifi. Full kitchen. Great common areas. Ping pong! Close to metro. Would stay here again.

The staff are a bit indifferent and sometimes rude. Also the rooms are pretty dirty and the wifi is rubbish.

The hostel could be great, but it's just not maintained properly. The cleanliness (especially in the bathrooms) is very poor. It smells very stale in there as well as in the rooms. Fortunately you can open the windows, even though the mosquitos will drive you crazy then. The staff could be more helpfull. The Kitchen is pretty well equiped and the public area downstairs is really fun though. Only downside is that you cannot drink alcohol from the outside and the hostel prices aren't that good.

Probably one of my least favorite places I stayed at in Europe. But kitchen and breakfast was handy. Wifi only woked in common areas and it was too noisy upstairs to sleep until about 1AM

I loved the location, a lovely friendly vibe and met some great people there. The staff were excellent but a bit stressed. I think rooms need a good spring clean as does the Kitchen. Bed bugs were being dealt to in Room 11 on the 2nd floor. Dorms have no locks on the doors but there are lockable lockers. The showers are not good, the water only dribbles out and you can't adjust the temperature. Mostly the water is cold. Also cannot lock the shower or toilet doors.

Staff were rude and unhelpful. Also the credit card facilities were unavailable and only a cash alternative offered without appology. The mosquito netting on the window was broken and the shower didn't have a head on it, not to mention smelt like mold!

Great hostel for atmosphere they have 24hour bar with table tennis, table football, pool and guitars around for people to play and a large lounge area. Had a great time at Zebra hostel and met some really good people. Recommended!

Good breakfast, not so far from the center, like 15 minutes walking, next to a bar and close to a pizzeria and a japanese (or something like that) restaurant. I couldnt charge my phone inside the room, very hard to sleep in because it was so hot and noisy from the generator.

Too much noise at night and a lot of mosquitos!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Chile

I booked this hostel for two nights three days. I only spent a night and I moved to another hostel although I paid for two nights. The worst thing was a bed cleanliness. The beds were so dirty. There were some kinds of little bugs on the bed. I got scabies after that. I am still suffering because of that. Even if I told them about this to the guy on inform desk, he said no refund. I actually didn't care about the money, so I let it go. NO zebra anymore.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

We had a terrible experience at this hostel. It looks great online-good location, good price, but I do not think any price is worth being eaten alive by bed bugs. Very dirty facilities, very rude staff. It was great having a kitchen to cook in- too bad the kitchen was filthy. The bathrooms were disgusting and the hot water didn't work. For the most part, the staff were not helpful or considerate. Overall not a good experience and I would not reccomend it.

• 14th Jul 2014

The most F-king disgusting place I've ever been. I have one word for that place. FLEAS. FLEAS. FLEAS. I had to go to a hospital they didn't pay for my medicines, I was there 4 hours

Please do not be scammed by the so called best hostel in Milan, the facilities r definitely nt on par with any other lower rating hostel such as Ostello Burigozzo11. I had to switch to that hostel after one day because Zebra Hostel is truly pathetic. There are only cold water in the shower room and I was truly amazed by their ability to provide cold water on a rainy day. In all honesty, it was the first time I have seen lockers that cannot be lock, door is nt locked too, anyone can freely enter.

poor wifi even in common room (no wifi in the room), and even you're just arrived from the country which don't use euros, you have to prepare your "all" payments in cash!! (they don't accept credit cards and I don't know why) Atmosphere in common room is so nice but that in bedroom is too dark. But I recommend to you the pub named "living room", which is located in beside this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4