Zebra Hostel Reviews

viale Regina Margherita 9, Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Staff were extremely rude and not welcoming at all. The sheets had stains on them and had a weird smell. The complementary breakfast was a pathetic. Definitely falsely advertised to make you think you're getting more for your money. Don't stay here.

• 11th Apr 2014

Very dirty and nasty bathroom and showers. I was afraid I'd catch something. I took one shower then never went back in!

There were rooms with no sockets near the beds, some had only two for 6 beds. Showers would not warm up, or water would get boiling hot. Bathrooms had terrible looking. Worst hostel I've stayed out of 10.

• 30th Mar 2014

There a few simple things you want in a hostel. wifi, cleanliness, a plug to charge gadgets and security. the plug for my bed was not working so i had to go downstairs and find a working plug. the wifi kept cutting out. bar one girl at the desk everyone was very unpleasant. There was a list of rules everywhere. No atmosphere at all. there was no lock on the door to my dorm. The showers are shocking. no security again on the door and filthy dirty. its a bit of a walk to the metro.

It was SUPER hard to find the hostel. On the website "Directions" page, it says "look for via Lamarmora(the tram goes on the street so its easy to find). Well the tram does go on that street indeed, but it also go on other streets too so I had no idea which one is the one... I asked some local people but they didnt even know! I couldnt find it like for an hour... The breakfast was good, the room was ok but I didnt like the shower room. There were 2 or 3 shower room but 1 was broken.

Great location, an easy ten or fifteen minute walk from the city center. Staff was friendly and easy to hang out with. Facilities were fine except there is only wifi available on the ground floor and bathrooms and beds could have been cleaner.

The staff here were very helpful. Very helpful. It is kind of out of the way. I liked the people I met here. It's a little older of a building, but everything works as you would hope it would. Overall, I'm glad I stayed.

Overall, a good stay! Though I did the 8 person dorm and it was a little hard to navigate at night.

"Showers" with two drops of water and no possibility to chose the temperature!?! Holes in the walls in order to use just one air-conditioner for two rooms!?! I'm sorry but it's really not worth the price...

• 7th Mar 2014

Everything was great! The staff was awesome, the hostel's really organised and all the rooms

I had a really nice time in the place. Eventhough it's not in the city center it's really easy to reach the place, and the atmosphere in it make it worth it.

Good location and breakfast but wifi only works on the ground floor. Also you can't adjust the temperature of the shower and it is very hot.

Zebra hostel was nice - nothing special and some of the facilities /furnishings were quite outdated (think: squeaky beds) and the wifi only worked in the main common area which was inconvenient but overall it seemed appropriate for the low prices-

Great stay, staff was awesome!

It's a good hostel with one or two negative aspects: Rooms are small, there isn't much space to put your things or even move, they're upstairs and there's no elevator, which means you have to carry your luggage up. Besides this, and the fact you can't get alcohol drinks from outside (there's an expensive bar in the hostel), it's a good hostel.

Whilst this hostel is cheap and has a decent kitchen I found it a very unpleasant experience and had to change hostels. The problem was almost the entire hostel was French Erasmus students and there were only a couple of other tourists and the vast majority of the residents were very unfriendly. Someone even complained about people drinking in the bar saying it should just be a cheap place to live.

I had a great time at Zebra Hostel! I was only there for one night but I met great people and had an incredible nights sleep (not a bed bug in sight). Would recommended it to anyone traveling alone to Milan!

This was a very fun hostel to stay at, one of my favorites! The location is perfect, just a 10-15 minute walk to the Duomo and there is a supermarket across the street from the hostel. It has everything you will need: lockers, a kitchen, linens provided, breakfast included, wifi, etc. I highly recommend staying at this hostel if you go to Milan, definitely a great value for your money!

I had a great stay at Zebra Hostel in Milan. The open common room complete with a bar and pool table makes it convenient and easy to meet people. Good location. I was able to walk everywhere I wanted/needed. So-so breakfast, but at least they provide something! We had cereal and toast offered with some juice and even a little dessert treat. The only thing that got me is that the lockers require a funny size lock so you may need to buy one from them, but overall I had an excellent stay here!

The tooilettes were dirty and cold The breakfast was not good at all In general the facilities look old and dirty.

• 26th Dec 2013