Zebra Hostel Reviews

viale Regina Margherita 9, Milan, Italy

ATTN - This is my first review/warning because this is the one place I wish I had taken the -ve reviews seriously. As the other Sept reviews say, this place is a hole. Bed Bugs - in my bed and others, confirmed with 4 guests when I got there. reception have spray apparently, but I didn't want to risk it so slept in the foyer. still got attacked by mosquitoes. Bathrooms - mold everywhere, not allowed to use facilities even 1min after checkout, maybe a blessing. more to say but no room... s.o.s.

• 13th Sep 2014

I had a horrible experience with the receptionist. I felt so frustrated because there was a man who was moving the beds at 9:30 pm making a horrible noise... I couldn't sleep so I called to the receptionist and he was so rude, arrogant and he was yelling me. He had a bad attitude with my friend as well when she asked about the wifi password. I wont come back to this hostel and of course I wont recommend it either.ANDREA is his name and avoid to talk or have any contact with this guy!!!!!!

Pretty good hostel, the highlight was free table tennis, board games and 8-ball. Good bar next door where you can get a free beer. Dodgy bathrooms, half the shower doors didn't lock and were a bit grungy. A lot of the walls needed cleaning or repainting. However the staff and atmosphere were really good, actually had a great time here :)

Great atmosphere to the hostel, awesome facilities. Quite clean and met lots of people. Only downfall was that wifi was not available in the rooms, but barring that I highly recommend it.

Please do not stay here, for your own sake. Read all the reviews

Don't stay here! I had the unfortunate experience of getting bed bugs (hostel staff confirmed it was bed bugs!!!) I spent 21 euros having to wash all my clothes and another 20 on antihistamines and bug spray. The hostel would only refund me 15 euros which is less than what I paid to stay there per night! Also when I went bk into my room after I checked out (as I thought I left something in there) my bed had been made, waiting for another unsuspecting guest! Don't sleep in bed 1503!

• 31st Aug 2014

There are bedbugs in the hostel, and there is no netting in the windows to prevent mosquitoes from entering the hostel. The mens showers are in need of repair on the second floor and and there are some locks on the toilet doors that are missing on the second floor.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Malta

I thought the hostel was dirty and a bit messy. The room was small and the worst is I had bed bugs in my bed and I had 15 bites on me and since I'm very allergic, it almost destroyed my trip!!!!!!! The location was good and that's about it.

I love the place. this was my first hostel experience ever and i just loved it. its near to the city center, super market, pharmacy and metro and tram stations..location couldn't get better than this. Very friendly staff. Great wifi and facilities. There were bikes available for rent too. I took advantage of that =D The breakfast wasn't that great though and I think they need new sheets as they're worn out. The beds are very squeaky. Still I would definitely come again =)

• 20th Aug 2014
  • rmasoud9223
  • Egypt

Not a great place to stay if you're expecting to have a good rest. Room next door to mine had 8 people partying all night and it didn't feel like anyone was willing to stop them. Also, you need a card to enter the building but after that all rooms are open, which doesn't seem safe. The location is ok, some walking is required if you wanna go to the duomo. The living room is good and the internet works there. There is one good restaurant nearby (you'll find it, it's really the only one).

I had a great time there. You do have to create the party scene though, it's a lot more chilled out than in the photos.

Common area was great, very Youth friendly, very chilled atmosphere

• 10th Aug 2014

Doors of Dorms were always open and everyone from the hostel could easily go to your room. Showers and toilets were disgusting.

Excellent for partying, and the hostel is not so bad actually. Although it really pissed me off when in the morning staff came into your room without knocking they didn't care what you were doing, and the doors have no locks on them. Bathrooms arenot dirty, but they could be renewed. Other than that I had a great time.

Free breakfast, free wifi. Full kitchen. Great common areas. Ping pong! Close to metro. Would stay here again.

The staff are a bit indifferent and sometimes rude. Also the rooms are pretty dirty and the wifi is rubbish.

The hostel could be great, but it's just not maintained properly. The cleanliness (especially in the bathrooms) is very poor. It smells very stale in there as well as in the rooms. Fortunately you can open the windows, even though the mosquitos will drive you crazy then. The staff could be more helpfull. The Kitchen is pretty well equiped and the public area downstairs is really fun though. Only downside is that you cannot drink alcohol from the outside and the hostel prices aren't that good.

Probably one of my least favorite places I stayed at in Europe. But kitchen and breakfast was handy. Wifi only woked in common areas and it was too noisy upstairs to sleep until about 1AM

I loved the location, a lovely friendly vibe and met some great people there. The staff were excellent but a bit stressed. I think rooms need a good spring clean as does the Kitchen. Bed bugs were being dealt to in Room 11 on the 2nd floor. Dorms have no locks on the doors but there are lockable lockers. The showers are not good, the water only dribbles out and you can't adjust the temperature. Mostly the water is cold. Also cannot lock the shower or toilet doors.

Staff were rude and unhelpful. Also the credit card facilities were unavailable and only a cash alternative offered without appology. The mosquito netting on the window was broken and the shower didn't have a head on it, not to mention smelt like mold!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4