Zebra Hostel Reviews

viale Regina Margherita 9, Milan, Italy

I booked this hostel for two nights three days. I only spent a night and I moved to another hostel although I paid for two nights. The worst thing was a bed cleanliness. The beds were so dirty. There were some kinds of little bugs on the bed. I got scabies after that. I am still suffering because of that. Even if I told them about this to the guy on inform desk, he said no refund. I actually didn't care about the money, so I let it go. NO zebra anymore.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

We had a terrible experience at this hostel. It looks great online-good location, good price, but I do not think any price is worth being eaten alive by bed bugs. Very dirty facilities, very rude staff. It was great having a kitchen to cook in- too bad the kitchen was filthy. The bathrooms were disgusting and the hot water didn't work. For the most part, the staff were not helpful or considerate. Overall not a good experience and I would not reccomend it.

• 14th Jul 2014

The most F-king disgusting place I've ever been. I have one word for that place. FLEAS. FLEAS. FLEAS. I had to go to a hospital they didn't pay for my medicines, I was there 4 hours

Please do not be scammed by the so called best hostel in Milan, the facilities r definitely nt on par with any other lower rating hostel such as Ostello Burigozzo11. I had to switch to that hostel after one day because Zebra Hostel is truly pathetic. There are only cold water in the shower room and I was truly amazed by their ability to provide cold water on a rainy day. In all honesty, it was the first time I have seen lockers that cannot be lock, door is nt locked too, anyone can freely enter.

poor wifi even in common room (no wifi in the room), and even you're just arrived from the country which don't use euros, you have to prepare your "all" payments in cash!! (they don't accept credit cards and I don't know why) Atmosphere in common room is so nice but that in bedroom is too dark. But I recommend to you the pub named "living room", which is located in beside this hostel.

It was way far from the station and far from every metro station. It would be ok for residents, but not for tourists who visit Milan for the first time. I've stayed six beds room, it was too hot inside and there was only one light so it was hard to see inside the room. It was not a clean hostel but ok for staying just one or two days

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Zebra Hostel was pretty conveniently located, just a ten minute walk from the metro station. It had a really nice chill out area, with a bar and cheap drinks. The hostel staff were really friendly and helpful. The rooms were fine and so were the bathrooms. The only downside was two showers for the whole floor - but I didn't experience any issues during my stay and would definitely recommend!

• 1st Jul 2014

The showers are really bad, tinny flow of water and cold.

This was the most expensive hostel I paid for (I left it late to book so you probably could get it cheaper)...and I was disappointed when I turned up. The receptionist was just unhelpful and not what I was used to from staying in many hostels previously. The room was okay, bathrooms okay...the kitchen looked pretty good and communal area was big. I didn't go to the hostel bar as I met friends out. Fellow backpackers there were cool. Location okay. I would say worth it if you can pay under €30.

I would absolutely recommend that you DO NOT stay at this hostel! There is a key to get into the hostel but not a key to enter your room, so basically anyone can walk into your room. The rooms are filthy, they claim to have air conditioning but it doesn't work, so we had a broken window to let some air in. The fly screen was broken so mosquitoes flew in and after 3 nights we were covered head to toe in mosquito bites. The bathrooms are disgusting, the shower doors don't even close properly.

• 26th Jun 2014

The worker at the check-in area gave me very incomplete/false information regarding transportation to Malpensa Airport. Her gross underestimation and lack of caring led to me arriving at the airport with 10 minutes until my flight, with no chance of making it.

• 26th Jun 2014

This hostel was absolutely shocking. Staff were extremely rude, the directions are very ambiguous and so we ended up roaming around the streets for hours - possibly our fault but the instructions were very unclear. Included breakfast is pathetic. No warning of the mosquito infestation they have, so my boyfriend and I woke up after our first night absolutely covered in bites. The reception did nothing about it when we told them. This place is HORRENDOUS, pay a little more for a nicer hostel.

Stay here to meet people not for a clean place.

• 21st Jun 2014

"Air-Condition" they say. Well, they had one right there on the wall in the rooms, but it did'nt work, not even if you plugged it in... The common room was good in this hostel, the staff did no more then they had to, the location is not the best. A little long to walk into the city centre. Good thing with the bar at the rece and pool table/table tennis. Toilets was ok, showers were a joke, barely any pressure in those pipes :p Buut, it's a good place to meet people I guess so it's ok after all.

I had to wait like 1 hour to check in (I arrived on time to do the check in) but I don´t know what happened with the staff because I saw so much disorganization between them. It´s an average hostel, nothing spectacular.

If you can afford to spend a few Euros somewhere else avoid this place. The place was run down the showers were dirty and tiny with no way to adjust the temperature. You simply turn it on and hope hot water comes out. The staff was rude, unorganized and constantly arguing among themselves. The impression i got was that they seemed to hold their guest in some kind of contempt. The common area is nice enough, also dirty, but at least it promotes a social atmosphere.

I liked the atmosphere that the Zebra hostel provided. Some good restaurants down the street from it and not a bad walk from the hostel to the Duomo and other main parts of the city. Breakfast was also provided which was nice!

Me and my friend had the worst experience over there with the staff making you feel unwelcome plus the bathroom borderline insanitary and to top it all money got stolen in my friend's locker while being out. We definitely knew who did it but they were not enough proof even though he is the only one who stayed in the room on the camera. So if you have no where else to go it's perfect otherwise don't go there.

• 16th Jun 2014

We are sorry for that but there is a FREE safe box in front of the reception 24h with CCTV on it. This is useful for things such as money, passport, mobile phone. You should have use it.

Hostel itself was not in the best location, since it was nearly a 15 minute walk to the closest metro station. The dorms were very loud and the walls are paper thin, so don't expect much more than what you pay for. As for socializing, the lobby area was a great common place and everyone was always sitting down there discussing their travels with new friends.

Facilities are fairly basic but very clean and organised. Entryway is a bit intimidating but don't fear, the atmosphere is actually very easygoing, lively and friendly. Pro tip, bring your own lock for the lockers so you don't need to purchase one

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4