Zebra Hostel Reviews

viale Regina Margherita 9, Milan, Italy

The hostel was very dirty and dusty. I stayed at a different hostel for less money than this one and it was a much better environment.

• 10th Nov 2014

They need refurbishing. Wasn't too bad. I didn't sleep very well since I read the review about the bed bugs and it made me awake everytime I felt something. Breakfast is nice, and lounge area is spacious.

I'm not going again.

I wish I could load a photo to show how badly I have been bitten by sleeping in this hostel. My face has over 10 bites and my right arm is covered from the armpit to my hand in big red bites! Wish I hadn't booked the second night. Internet works on the ground floor. Sheets had dark hair on them when I went to make the bed. Shower. No pressure or hot water it was like a tap spraying. Not much option for hostels in Milan so stay if you need to.

There is no key at the room and the bed wasn't very clean. The location ia very good, although from the underground station you need to walk on a very dark street. There is no wifi conection at the room, just downstairs at the commom area. The light of my bed wasn't working and i complained to the staff, but nothing was done.

I had an excellent stay. Cleanliness is great. And there are no bedbugs. (They had been reported in some earlier posts...)

The location is awesome and the staff were really helpful. However the hostel is in a bad state; all the toilets were bloked, the showers dirty, bedroom doors broken and walls incredibly thin. If your on a budget then this hostel is ok.

• 24th Oct 2014

I am quite sure I picked up bedbugs from the hostel. Otherwise okay.

Pretty standard hostel with potential depending on what friends you can make with the other guests.

Going to be honest here, two members of staff were very friendly, the others were either non multi lingual or could not do what I asked, no wifi in the rooms, showers were like a hose in the wall! Kitchen was great but my room was open to all that stayed in the hostel not just in my room? Which was worrying! Glad I had a place to stay and would stay their again if I needed. But would not be my first choice. Great company that I met their made it a great experience in Milan.

The location is really good if you wanna be close of the center. The staff is really nice (except one guy). I think that is a good option if you're just traveling, discovering the world, etc.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Worst hostel in Europe , staff are not friendly, room is full of buds and the beds are not comfortable !! I don't recommend it at all !!!!

Good location, friendly staff, but dirty bathrooms. The sheets we got were still wet. In the middle of the night one of the staff knocked loudly on the door, switched on the light and very loudly explained a new guest something in the middle of a room full of sleeping people instead of speeking out of the room.

Beside the staff which was really helpful, I did not enjoy my stay at Zebra Hostel. The showers are really disgusting, like no one ever cleaned the place. The breakfast is average but free so I guess, it's ok. It's 5 min walk from the metro station.

• 20th Sep 2014

In the night there was very laud noises, so it was hard to sleep in a bedroom of 12 people. Otherwise the position in good and the atmosphere very easy!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

ATTN - This is my first review/warning because this is the one place I wish I had taken the -ve reviews seriously. As the other Sept reviews say, this place is a hole. Bed Bugs - in my bed and others, confirmed with 4 guests when I got there. reception have spray apparently, but I didn't want to risk it so slept in the foyer. still got attacked by mosquitoes. Bathrooms - mold everywhere, not allowed to use facilities even 1min after checkout, maybe a blessing. more to say but no room... s.o.s.

• 13th Sep 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights. The hostel is cleaned daily and has a nice atmosphere. Location is good. it's a 30-40 min walk to the church and a 15 min walk to Crocetta metro. There are a number of gelato stalls, along with bars that are open late in the evening. The only downside are the facilities. The hostel is quite old and is in need of an update. Staff are friendly and helpful :). Also had no bed bugs!!

I had a horrible experience with the receptionist. I felt so frustrated because there was a man who was moving the beds at 9:30 pm making a horrible noise... I couldn't sleep so I called to the receptionist and he was so rude, arrogant and he was yelling me. He had a bad attitude with my friend as well when she asked about the wifi password. I wont come back to this hostel and of course I wont recommend it either.ANDREA is his name and avoid to talk or have any contact with this guy!!!!!!

The Hostel was really dirty. There are just two showers which Don't Work well. The Bed room was full of flies and moskitos. It's really expensive for what it really IS. There was a boy from the hostel who was nice but the other one was awful. It was kind of near to the city centre but It's not 10 minutes walking

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Pretty good hostel, the highlight was free table tennis, board games and 8-ball. Good bar next door where you can get a free beer. Dodgy bathrooms, half the shower doors didn't lock and were a bit grungy. A lot of the walls needed cleaning or repainting. However the staff and atmosphere were really good, actually had a great time here :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4