Zebra Hostel Reviews

viale Regina Margherita 9, Milan, Italy

The hostel could be great, but it's just not maintained properly. The cleanliness (especially in the bathrooms) is very poor. It smells very stale in there as well as in the rooms. Fortunately you can open the windows, even though the mosquitos will drive you crazy then. The staff could be more helpfull. The Kitchen is pretty well equiped and the public area downstairs is really fun though. Only downside is that you cannot drink alcohol from the outside and the hostel prices aren't that good.

Probably one of my least favorite places I stayed at in Europe. But kitchen and breakfast was handy. Wifi only woked in common areas and it was too noisy upstairs to sleep until about 1AM

I loved the location, a lovely friendly vibe and met some great people there. The staff were excellent but a bit stressed. I think rooms need a good spring clean as does the Kitchen. Bed bugs were being dealt to in Room 11 on the 2nd floor. Dorms have no locks on the doors but there are lockable lockers. The showers are not good, the water only dribbles out and you can't adjust the temperature. Mostly the water is cold. Also cannot lock the shower or toilet doors.

Staff were rude and unhelpful. Also the credit card facilities were unavailable and only a cash alternative offered without appology. The mosquito netting on the window was broken and the shower didn't have a head on it, not to mention smelt like mold!

Great hostel for atmosphere they have 24hour bar with table tennis, table football, pool and guitars around for people to play and a large lounge area. Had a great time at Zebra hostel and met some really good people. Recommended!

Good breakfast, not so far from the center, like 15 minutes walking, next to a bar and close to a pizzeria and a japanese (or something like that) restaurant. I couldnt charge my phone inside the room, very hard to sleep in because it was so hot and noisy from the generator.

Too much noise at night and a lot of mosquitos!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Chile

I booked this hostel for two nights three days. I only spent a night and I moved to another hostel although I paid for two nights. The worst thing was a bed cleanliness. The beds were so dirty. There were some kinds of little bugs on the bed. I got scabies after that. I am still suffering because of that. Even if I told them about this to the guy on inform desk, he said no refund. I actually didn't care about the money, so I let it go. NO zebra anymore.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

We had a terrible experience at this hostel. It looks great online-good location, good price, but I do not think any price is worth being eaten alive by bed bugs. Very dirty facilities, very rude staff. It was great having a kitchen to cook in- too bad the kitchen was filthy. The bathrooms were disgusting and the hot water didn't work. For the most part, the staff were not helpful or considerate. Overall not a good experience and I would not reccomend it.

• 14th Jul 2014

The most F-king disgusting place I've ever been. I have one word for that place. FLEAS. FLEAS. FLEAS. I had to go to a hospital they didn't pay for my medicines, I was there 4 hours

Please do not be scammed by the so called best hostel in Milan, the facilities r definitely nt on par with any other lower rating hostel such as Ostello Burigozzo11. I had to switch to that hostel after one day because Zebra Hostel is truly pathetic. There are only cold water in the shower room and I was truly amazed by their ability to provide cold water on a rainy day. In all honesty, it was the first time I have seen lockers that cannot be lock, door is nt locked too, anyone can freely enter.

poor wifi even in common room (no wifi in the room), and even you're just arrived from the country which don't use euros, you have to prepare your "all" payments in cash!! (they don't accept credit cards and I don't know why) Atmosphere in common room is so nice but that in bedroom is too dark. But I recommend to you the pub named "living room", which is located in beside this hostel.

It was way far from the station and far from every metro station. It would be ok for residents, but not for tourists who visit Milan for the first time. I've stayed six beds room, it was too hot inside and there was only one light so it was hard to see inside the room. It was not a clean hostel but ok for staying just one or two days

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

The whole place felt kind of grimy, and when we checked in the workers were very rude. The other workers were much nicer and the other people who stayed there made it a very pleasant experience. My other main complaint was the bugs, I got so many bug bites the last night that I was there, I was miserable for a week.

• 5th Jul 2014

Zebra Hostel was pretty conveniently located, just a ten minute walk from the metro station. It had a really nice chill out area, with a bar and cheap drinks. The hostel staff were really friendly and helpful. The rooms were fine and so were the bathrooms. The only downside was two showers for the whole floor - but I didn't experience any issues during my stay and would definitely recommend!

• 1st Jul 2014

The showers are really bad, tinny flow of water and cold.

This was the most expensive hostel I paid for (I left it late to book so you probably could get it cheaper)...and I was disappointed when I turned up. The receptionist was just unhelpful and not what I was used to from staying in many hostels previously. The room was okay, bathrooms okay...the kitchen looked pretty good and communal area was big. I didn't go to the hostel bar as I met friends out. Fellow backpackers there were cool. Location okay. I would say worth it if you can pay under €30.

I would absolutely recommend that you DO NOT stay at this hostel! There is a key to get into the hostel but not a key to enter your room, so basically anyone can walk into your room. The rooms are filthy, they claim to have air conditioning but it doesn't work, so we had a broken window to let some air in. The fly screen was broken so mosquitoes flew in and after 3 nights we were covered head to toe in mosquito bites. The bathrooms are disgusting, the shower doors don't even close properly.

• 26th Jun 2014

The worker at the check-in area gave me very incomplete/false information regarding transportation to Malpensa Airport. Her gross underestimation and lack of caring led to me arriving at the airport with 10 minutes until my flight, with no chance of making it.

• 26th Jun 2014

i had all my stuff stolen and the hostel refused to do anything and refused to let the police come