Zebra Hostel Reviews

viale Regina Margherita 9, Milan, Italy

This hostel would be fine for one or two nights. A week was too long for me. It was weird that they had cameras everywhere. Didn't feel trusted and I think it made the guests not trust each other either. Showers are terrible. No way of controlling the temperature and the plug was blocked so water came up almost to your ankles. My bed had bed bugs in it. I moved beds and they said they would give the infested bed a thorough clean. Then the next night, a new guest was in the bed...

• 6th May 2014

Excellent hostel in perfect location. Very clean and friendly. Excellent atmosphere.

• 2nd May 2014

Large communal bathroom smelled of mold and humanity. Mattresses are the thinnest I've seen. Lounge was pretty good and staff are good. Kind of a bad location if you want to walk places. far from the center, far from the train, and far from the bars.

Good kitchen and common area is nice. Bathrooms are little dirt, bedrooms miss a lock on the door, anyone can enter in the room. Beds are also not good. 24h bar with fair prices. Good breakfast.

Slow Wifi only available near reception which makes planning your holiday difficult. Receptionists don't provide you with information for the city. "Google it yourself". Breakfast/hangout area is souterrain which means it is really dark and makes the atmosphere really unfriendly. Cameras everywhere! They videotape every move you make. Another downer: Prohibitive signs everywhere! "Late check out -> Pay 10 Euros"; "Clean toilet"...Prison-style: You enter and leave through a metal gate. Ridiculous

• 21st Apr 2014

Good location and staff

Staff were extremely rude and not welcoming at all. The sheets had stains on them and had a weird smell. The complementary breakfast was a pathetic. Definitely falsely advertised to make you think you're getting more for your money. Don't stay here.

• 11th Apr 2014

This is one of the worst hostels I've been in. The bed mattresses and pillows were paper thin. The bathroom facilities were inadequate. Only two male showers for the entire floor. Not to mention that it was near impossible to keep any of the clothing dry if you were looking to change in the bathroom. Bedroom doors didn't lock (but I've experienced that at plenty of hostels). The provided breakfast was beyond poor. This hostel is also quite out of the way. Milan has better hostels.

Very dirty and nasty bathroom and showers. I was afraid I'd catch something. I took one shower then never went back in!

good place to stay , bur expensive , and the workers aré always in bad mood

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

There were rooms with no sockets near the beds, some had only two for 6 beds. Showers would not warm up, or water would get boiling hot. Bathrooms had terrible looking. Worst hostel I've stayed out of 10.

• 30th Mar 2014

There a few simple things you want in a hostel. wifi, cleanliness, a plug to charge gadgets and security. the plug for my bed was not working so i had to go downstairs and find a working plug. the wifi kept cutting out. bar one girl at the desk everyone was very unpleasant. There was a list of rules everywhere. No atmosphere at all. there was no lock on the door to my dorm. The showers are shocking. no security again on the door and filthy dirty. its a bit of a walk to the metro.

It was SUPER hard to find the hostel. On the website "Directions" page, it says "look for via Lamarmora(the tram goes on the street so its easy to find). Well the tram does go on that street indeed, but it also go on other streets too so I had no idea which one is the one... I asked some local people but they didnt even know! I couldnt find it like for an hour... The breakfast was good, the room was ok but I didnt like the shower room. There were 2 or 3 shower room but 1 was broken.

Great location, an easy ten or fifteen minute walk from the city center. Staff was friendly and easy to hang out with. Facilities were fine except there is only wifi available on the ground floor and bathrooms and beds could have been cleaner.

The staff here were very helpful. Very helpful. It is kind of out of the way. I liked the people I met here. It's a little older of a building, but everything works as you would hope it would. Overall, I'm glad I stayed.

Overall, a good stay! Though I did the 8 person dorm and it was a little hard to navigate at night.

"Showers" with two drops of water and no possibility to chose the temperature!?! Holes in the walls in order to use just one air-conditioner for two rooms!?! I'm sorry but it's really not worth the price...

• 7th Mar 2014

Everything was great! The staff was awesome, the hostel's really organised and all the rooms

I had a really nice time in the place. Eventhough it's not in the city center it's really easy to reach the place, and the atmosphere in it make it worth it.

Good location and breakfast but wifi only works on the ground floor. Also you can't adjust the temperature of the shower and it is very hot.