Zen Hostel Brasil Reviews

Rua Agisse 80, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great place!

• 5th Apr 2014

Great hostel, frindly staff, good location and always tidy!

It is the best hostel I have ever been to. In addition to all the in terms of location (a charming bohemian neighborhood with trendy shopping options all around) , transportation (100 meters from the subway station), the quality of the facilities (nice spaces with good quality furniture) and also the services (breakfast and cleaning system) made my a stay a very pleasant one. The staff welcomes you in a way that you just feel like home. A great affordable option in a a noble area of the city.

• 27th Mar 2014

This is a wonderful place to come and relax, unwind and re-energize. Peaceful, in a quiet and safe location ... very big lockers, lovely staff .... this is just what I needed before continuing on my journey.

I was quiet surprised! The place has good structure, location, cleanliness and staff. But no one can use the kitchen or the washing machines . The dorms has no keys, no air conditioned, no plugs to charge batteries and no lights for reading. Moreover, at the dining room, nothing free or ordered to eat or drink. Nobody can hear the tv or watch videos (no video) and internet is very unstable. Definitely, a quiet place for the convinience of the owners.

Great place for a stay in São Paulo! The location is perfect. Vila Madalena is a very trendy part of town and most importantly safer than others. It's close to the metro which brings you to Avenida Paulista in just a few minutes. The rooms and bathroom were clean and spacious enough for all my things and I loved the breakfast which was healthy as well as tasty. Staff is super friendly! Would definitely stay there again.

This hostel is beautiful, and the people that run it (Paulo and Sumara) are lovely and really helpful. Special thanks to Daniel for all his help...he went above and beyond what would be expected of a hostel member of staff. We would have had real difficulties without his help! There are great laundry facilities, the only down side of the hostel, is no use of the kitchen. The owners live onsite, so the kitchen is for their use only. There is a travellers fridge. We would stay here again.

This is a lovely hostel, the staff despite not being able to speak English were really accommodating and helpful. The location was good and close to the metro. The breakfast was outstanding - really healthy and different to the usual bread and jam. We were quite surprised that you are not allowed to use the kitchen or cook any meat. We couldn't afford to eat out every night so this did limit us somewhat. Overall a really clean and tranquil place.

My stay at Zen Hostel was just great! I recommend to all to stay there. The place is beautiful, very clean and with frienly staff. Is in a great neighbourhood and next to the metro station. One thing is that you cannot cook there, but you still can use the fridge and microwave. And if you expect party at the hostel, Zen Hostel as the name says...is very calm. But when I'm in São Paulo again, I know where to stay, always from now on.

Its a great hostel located near Vila Madalela subway station! Beautiful and clean, perfect both for zen people and agitated people!

Very good location - right next to Vila Madelena metro and 5 min walk to great bars etc. Hostel itself and rooms are excellent - more like a boutique hotel than a hostel so excellent value for money. The couple who run the hostel are extremely welcoming and helpful. If you're looking to go to Sao Paulo and are not looking for a 'party' hostel, this place is highly recommended.

The hostel is brand new so they are still trying to figure some things out and learning how to run it. It's run by a Brazilian couple who are amazingly sweet and really do the best they can but their English isn't thr best (but you can communicate). Location in Vila Madalena is also great, and they did really well with the decorating.

Zen Hostel was the best thing ever it could happen to me in Sao Paolo. Sumara and Paulo, the owners, do everything possible to make your stay as great as possible. It was like home and they made me feel really good. I would recommend it million times and I hope I can go back there again.