Zen House B&B Reviews

Via Sinuessa 19, Rome, Italy

I only stayed for one night, but I really enjoyed my time there. Giacomo is a very friendly and funny host, it was a pleasure to meet him ... the hostel is awesome, the location is good, much less touristy than other parts of the city. You can get wherever you want by walking or by public transportation. I hope to come back soon!

We felt very warm

• 8th Jul 2014

Sorry No AC at Zen House, only Fan! :-)

I had a really lovely stay here! The owner is so welcoming and helpful! He cooks once a week for his guests, and we were lucky enough to enjoy his cooking, it was the best pasta we had in the whole of Rome! Very comfortable and feels like home. About a 20min walk from coloseum or a short walk to metro which will take you where ever you need.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Loved it here! Such hospitality and generosity. Amazing beds and showers, out of the way of the busy Rome center which was so relaxing. Really close to a grocery store, fruit market and cheap pizza restaurant! The cats were wonderful as well! Would return here in a heartbeat

I can recommend Zen House. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful, The atmosphere is really nice! Location is rather ok. There is a bus stop nearby. It is even possible to walk on foot to Colosseum, for ex. There are small supermarkets very close. One minus: really noisy doors (to the toilets/rooms). Giacomo please - put some oil to make them quieter :)

Thank you Pawel, was a pleasure to host you. I will take care of the door. I wish you all the best

I booked a single room, but ended up having a friend join me last minute and the guy running the B&B was super flexible in adding her. From the moment we met him he was amazing! Willing to give us many tips in how to get around the area and to the center of Rome. He walked us to the local pub and helped us order food, he was just super approachable, easy to talk to, and knowledgeable. The metro and bus are just down the street. I highly recommend this place! it was the best place i stayed!

My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights. This bed and breakfast was the highlight of our 30 day backpacking tour! Giacomo was an incredible host! He made us breakfast, helped us navigate Rome, and even drove us to the train station in the morning! There is a kitchen for free use and laundry for a few euros. Try the homemade kefir and say hi to the cats!

• 11th Jun 2014

We had a great time, thanks a lot to Giacomo and his friend Patricha.

• 7th Jun 2014

Everything was really nice and the host is great and very helpful.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Greece

Simply perfect, cosy B&B located in a very quiet area of the city, the room was large, and the bed was super comfy, we sleept like babies after our exhausting trip, the atmosphere is very peaceful, and Giacomo is just the perfect host, he explained us perfectly how to get to the main atractions in Rome, and afterwards he took us to the train station. We couldn´t expect more :D Bravo Giacomo!!! Grazie mille!!!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Spain

Gracias Viciente, I was really glad to host you. I wish you all the best. Love and Light from Rome

A lovely place with a lovely host. I 100% recommend it! Thank you, Giacomo!

Our stay was amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better host. He provided us with books and maps during our stay, gave us recommendations on what to see and how to get there. Even made us eggs in the morning. Would most likely stay here the next time we are in Rome.

• 7th May 2014

Giacomo deserves more than 100% for his hospitality! Thanks for everything, if I ever come to Rome again I will stay at your place! Take care Marek

Me and my other half stayed here for 3 nights and loved every bit of it! Giacomo was the perfect host, a genuinely lovely guy and has done a great job with the B&B - his 2 cats are brilliant too! The area was great for us, we covered the whole city by foot and Zen was a great base. The bed was the most comfortable bed EVER! :D We will be back, cannot wait!

• 27th Apr 2014

Giacomo is wonderful and generous, I honestly felt spoiled while I was there. This is a great hostel for the money, a nice private bedroom and a very nice breakfast included in the price. I live the cats :) I will be returning!

Very far away from the center of Rome, very dificult to find with the given directions. Excellent breafeast, Giacomo is great he help us with the maps and locating everything we wanted to see. Don't stay here if you are not a cat person, there are 2 cats and the place gets smelly. Feels more like a couch surfing place.

Giacomo is Wonderful, I lived having a nice private room and felt pretty much spoiled at Zen Hostel! Will be returning!

Next time if you come with a ring on your finger I will offer you a a romantic weekend double. A solar hug. Giacomo

The Zen House is extraordinary! The value for the price is excellent. The location is a bit far from the center, but Rome can be overwhelming with how many people there are everywhere. So I actually enjoyed the distance from the center, and it also was more authentic Italian away from the sites. Finally Giancomo was the best host I've ever had. His energy radiates in the hostel and is spread to the guests and everyone feels welcome. He makes you feel like an old friend. Thanks Giancomo!!!

• 18th Apr 2014

Grazie so much Anna, remember that is very easy to be kind with such good and friendly guest as you are. A solar hug, Giacomo

Giacomo (the owner of the hostel) was really friendly and helpful. He was always smiling, chatting, so you feel like you're a guest in a friend. He even cooked us dinner, accompanying wine, tiramisu and limoncello :) it was really nice. We are Turkish people, Giacomo prepared Turkish tea and Turkish breakfast. he was so kind. The house is 10 min walk from metro station, you can use bus also. it was comfortable and funny being in Giacomo's hostel. thak you for all :)

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

Zen House is my favourite B&B. Giacomo makes this place your home whoever you are. Travelling by myself I can´t get anything close to this wonderful accomodation anythere in Rome at the same price level. Giacomo rocks! /Michael

Grazie Michael, your are always welcome not as a guest anymore but as a friend.

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts