Superb 520 Total Reviews
Superb 520 Total Reviews

• France, Female, 25-30
10th Sep 2017

Staying at Giacomo's place for my short stay in Rome was ideal! Close to the Colosseum (walking 20min) the place is in a quiet neighborhood with great service from Giacomo! He was a lovely host, sharing dinner with me for my first evening, having a great discussion! It for sure made it feel like home right away! Giacomo also gave me lot of tips on where to go, what to do especially within a day which was super helpful! I recommend this place and will come back again, this time for longer time!

• Indonesia, Male, 25-30
30th Aug 2017

Giacomo definitely makes you feel at home. He is a pleasant guy to talk with. I have no problem with the cats because I like pet in general. In the morning, Giacomo prepares the breakfast and get us fresh pastries. Really appreciated.

26th Aug 2017

The host is amazing and will do his best to make you feel at home.

13th Aug 2017

This hostel is amazing! It is close to everything and makes it easy to explore. All you have to do is take one bus and you're in every single historic area. David was a great host and he made sure I felt at home. He helped me with directions, showed me where to take the bus, and even taught me how to make pasta like a real Italian! I am very thankful I chose this place to stay in Rome, it is not the typical hostel, you definitely feel more comfortable and at home. I highly recommend it!

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Jul 2017
6.6

First of all the guy is very nice. The rooms are nice and big plus the breakfast is great. However, there shower was like a light drizzel, the sink was always dirty, a massive ginger cat kept trying to sneak into my room when I left to go to the toilet and the curtain rail fell on my head. There is nothing wrong with it as a place to sleep, but £30 per night is expensive for what you get!

Dear Ewan, I'm very sorry for the curtain, as I told you when I apologized the previous guests had broken it before you came, but first of all it is written that cats are sharing the apt, Maybe ginger cats loved you! Second we clean the bathrooms in the afternoon EVERY DAY if the guys you are sharing it with are dirty you will find them dirty in the morning.

• China, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

Really appreciate this hostel. It is the best in my life. David(?) and Giacomo they host this like a real close family. Cute cats, wonderful breakfasts, patient explanation, and helpful suggestions. I will definitely recommend it to my friend if they go Roma.

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2017

Had such a great stay at Zen House! Giacomo was so lovely, welcoming and generous! Would definitely stay again.

15th Jun 2017

This is a unique place! The owner goes above and beyond to make sure you feel welcome here. He creates a family-like atmosphere at this hostel/bnb hybrid. He makes you breakfast in the morning and sometimes will cook for you at night or serve you a glass of wine. If you want privacy, you can hang out in your room. If you want to be social and get to know an authentic Italian, and others travelling, then hang out in the main living area and you will have a blast. Awesome place to stay!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th May 2017

Had a great stay at zen house! Felt very at home, and was welcome to use the laundry machine, printer, and anything else we needed. Giacomo was a very kind host!

26th Apr 2017

This isn't a regular hostel, it's a home and the host is very nice. He stayed up late both times to welcome us and to send us off. The area is residencial but, there's restaurants and subway near by. It's a little far from the airport so, if you traveling on a budget, you want to make sure your flight is on business hours, and you can take public transportation (Cabs at night can be up to 70 euros). We loved our stay and would stay there again.

It was my pleasure and joy to host you. You're right,both airports in Rome are far from the city center. Even if I don't like the Termini area I suggest to stay around the train station at least the last night, since there are buses to the airports from 4.30 am. I wish u all the best!

×