ZenjiHotel Reviews

StoneTownOpposite Cine Afrique, P.O.Box 661, Zanzibar, Tanzania

I actually stayed there a few times when I was traveling around Zanzibar and passing through Stone Town. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location isn't quite in the middle of things but it's only about a two minute walk from the Djani Market and 5-10 minutes to the museums, shops, etc on the other side of Stone Town. The dalla-dalla station is at the Djani Market. Please don't order the brownie! Unless you want to plan on order it again and again. It's amazing.

• 9th Aug 2014

Very good place to stay, with friendly staff, comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. Only slight criticism is that its a bit on the pricey side.

This was a great hotel. Good location, clean comfy rooms, good restaurant. Staff was so helpful and I loved the spiced soap!

Nice hotel with good facilities and atmosphere. Especially the staff is very helpful. The bathroom could use an update, but it will do for now. The rest of the room was perfect.

Clean, very helpful staff, wonderful excursions available. Highly recommend!

It really is a very friendly hotel! And good value for money!

I cannot thank the staff enough for making my trip to Stone Town very memorable. I did poor travel homework and arrived in Stone Town with no cash. I assumed I can use my credit cards everywhere. However, the staff assisted me a lot in this manner. They organised my day trip to Prison Island and also a private taxi driver who drove me all the way to Michamvi and picked me up again at Michamvi 2 days later to take me to Jambiani. The taxi driver again drove me back to Stone Town a day later.

central location close to the ferry terminal, very helpful and charming stuff, wonderful designed rooms. we had a three people bedroom, really spaceous with zanzibar style beds and even a safe. also a welcome hibiscus drink and there is a nice roofterrasse, where the breakfast is served. we enjoyed! thank you, zenji hotel!

This place is really fantastic and they go out of their way to make you feel at home. I was travelling by myself and they made me feel safe and helped me organise all my tours. Really lived up to the hype !

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

Zenji is easy located close to the ferry terminal. The staff are helpful and friendly and always ready to give you an extra espresso with the delicious breakfast they serve up (be sure to try the hibiscus juice and banana and vanilla jam!). Our room was decorated with flowers and locally made spiced soaps. It was a relaxing stay with everything we needed in walking distance (spice market, the alleyways, the dala dala buses).

• 21st Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

wonderful little hotel with wonderfu staff

• 14th Nov 2013

Loved the place and the area, had a wonderful stay. I usually stay in hostels so felt the lack of community space to be a bit of a negative. I hung out and read on the top floor area some during my stay but never saw anyone else up there so it was a little weird.

Fantastic staff willing to help with any excursions or other activities.

• 26th Jul 2013

Very nice place. Truly excellent staff. Located near the boat to Dar Es Salam, and approximately a 5 minute walk from the food market. Highly recommended!

Lovely stay, would go back anytime. :)!

• 28th Mar 2013

This was a very good place to stay, with super friendly staff, clean and cozy rooms, a safe in the room and it's very close to the port opposite the Cine Africa building (careful, Hostelworld shows/showed the wrong address on Tharia Rd, but it's actually Malindi Rd.). They also have their own cute café with free wifi and good coffee. We definitely recommend Zenji GH and out of the three hostels we stayed at in Stonetown, this was the only really good place.

Great hotel, nice beds, nice breakfast, good location that's close to the centre of Stone Town and the markets. Really friendly staff too.

Very friendly and helpful staff, everyone, including maintenance. Nice rooms with some fresh flowers upon arrival. Location is a little bit off, about 15 minutes by foot from Kenyatta Road, which can feel uncomfortable if you are alone after dark. In daytime it's very enjoyable trying to make your way back and forth through the alleys, seeing more of daily life in Stonetown. It's next to the ferry terminal which is very convenient if arriving to/from Dar.

Stone Town is one of those places where you want to feel safe and away from the street level chaos and Zenji does this very well. The hotel is incredibly close to the ferry terminal, with an easy walk to the Forodhani Gardens and most of the city. It has a nice cafe downstairs as well as a roof restaurant, both that help you get off the street, have a snack, and use their free wifi. The rooms themselves are great. Clean, Quiet, Air Conditioned, and Spacious. Nothing to complain about.

The staff was amazing, very friendly and kindly

• 4th Sep 2012