Zeppelin Hostel Reviews

Slovenska cesta 47, Ljubljana, Slovenia

To be honest, I'm not sure why this hostel rated so high-- no locks on the doors or lockers, stained mattresses, one bathroom for each gender (two stalls and two showers.) however the bathrooms were disgusting and never cleaned (I watched a staff member attempt to half-ass clean one of them), and the water for the showers turns on for 5 seconds with a button and then stops. You have to do that the entire time. On the positive side the staff was nice and attentive after I had a bad experience

Best hostel in LJ

Great common room/kitchen area with the perfect "let's cook and eat together" vibe. Staff is very can-do and offers to help you book and look at trains, buses, excursions to get you where you need to go in the most economical way possible. Easy to get to from the train station and a short walk to the old town. There are other hostels closer to town and in the artist quarters, but if you're just stopping by on your way somewhere else, or plan on doing excursions out of Ljubljana then this is good

Helpful and knowledgeable staff! Shower button only lasts about 4 seconds though

Amazing staff and really convenient if arriving or by bus or train

The staff were excellent especially as I was scheduled to be a late arrival. They are very knowledgeable about the local area and the security is one of the best I have seen for a hostel. The location is also really good and the atmosphere is chilled and laid back. Just a shame I didn't stay longer.

I only stayed one night but the showers were very dirty and they had timer-knobs that only kept the water flowing for about 10 seconds at a time! The sheets on my bed also appeared to be dirty and much of the furniture in the room was broken.

Amazing hostel. The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to help you. The location is excellent and the hostel has a very relaxed atmosphere. Very clean bedrooms and bathrooms. Would definitely stay here again!

The staff wasn't welcoming so that negatively affected my experience with the hostel

Cannot fault this hostel in any way. Head and shoulders above anywhere else I've stayed in Europe - staff were amazing, as was the atmosphere and the people. Don't stay anywhere else.

I'd seriously say this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The first night I got there two of the staff took me and another guest to a bar and they were both really friendly. The living room area also made it really easy to meet and make friends with the other guests, the location is perfect and last but not least the staff recommended that I visit Lake Bohinj instead of Lake Bled and this was maybe the best advice of my whole trip. Honestly don't even bother looking at other hostels

I enjoyed staying a Zepplin hostel, it was in a good location between the bus/train station and the town centre. There was a nice atmosphere in the common room and they put on some sangria in the evening which was yum.

Lovely staff who were very helpful and brilliant that they had either Cakes and wine or watermelon vodka treat out every day. At times bathrooms did get a bit gross, but they were cleaned once a day. Great atmosphere with lovely common room and kitchen. Wifi everywhere. Tight showers, but could get changed with main bathroom door closed. I would definitely stay again.

Hostel staff where excellent, very helpful and friendly. Good location close to both train station and centre. One improvement i would make is the option to do my own washing rather than it to be done for me.

This hostel has a really good location in Ljubljana, walking distance from station and city center. Staff is friendly, dorms are clean and spacious. Breakfast included is very nice. Only thing is the reception is closed from 10pm to 7.30am, so after that only the hostel guests are in the building, which is kind of strange, but for me it was not a problem in such a small hostel. Staff is very helpfull; had to do my laundry in Ljubljana on Sunday, and they helped me calling a laundry service.

Fantastic hostel. Good location and everything was very clean! It also has a great common/kitchen area that's nice to hang out in and that makes it super easy to meet people. The staff are also wonderful. Stay here!

I had great time there. Friendly staffs. Good environment. Everybody seems so happy. Good location, you can go everywhere walking. I totally recommend.

Friendliest Hostel I've been to! Lovely atmosphere and staff. Only issue being no plug socket on top bunks but other than that, perfect :)

One of the friendliest hostels I've ever been too. Guests and staff were both awesome! Located very close to Ljubljana old town. Very homey feel to it. One warning though, it was almost unbearably hot as we visited in July and there is no AC which made it nearly impossible to sleep even with the windows open and fans going. Other than that it was almost the perfect hostel.

Really nice and well located hostel. Nicest staff ever! Definitely recomend it!

• 17th Jul 2015