Zeppelin Hostel Reviews

Slovenska cesta 47, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Pleasant small hostel, good ambience and nice staff, facilities are ok

• 3rd May 2015
  • Switzerland

I was nervous about having a 10 bed room at first, but it was honestly a really great experience. The atmosphere in this hostel was great, there were so many friendly people that made this one of my favorite hostels that I've stayed in. The staff were wonderful, and even made us popcorn while we watched a movie. The majority of the people in the hostel all went out together and had an wonderful time. Thanks for being great Zeppelin!

Zeppelin is a really cool hostel. It's got a great location - 10 minutes to the bus station and 5 minutes to the centre and the park. It has a great atmosphere and is very easy to meet and chat to people if you are on your own. They also give you free breakfast and offer many trips around the country. The hostel itself is clean and cosy and the staff are great.

The hostel is in a great location between the main train and bus station and city center. The staff were great too. We loved Ljubljana!

Nice hostel with a GREAT staff. Super Close to train station for a very easy walk. Also quite close to city center. Would come back

A nice hostel in a good location. You have to climb some stairs to get there, but the staff was very nice and the beds comfortable. Small common area but I still met some cool people. I did not like the shower facilities that require you to push a button over and over to run the water. If that doesn't bother you this is a decent choice. Either way you're in Ljubljana, so you're bound to have a pleasant holiday.

A good base for Ljubljana, which was a surprisingly nice (very small) town! Sweet staff, clean, spacious and comfortable dorms, cosy common area with kitchenette, free basic breakfast and tea and coffee (at least I hope it was free!) Very quiet and lacking in atmosphere while I was there but small set up makes it easy to meet people. Would highly recommend getting out into the countryside which is beautiful. 10 mins to bus and train station, 10 mins town, 3 mins to supermarket.

Thanks again for all your help Polona! The staff all in all is really helpful and ready to give awesome traveling tips. The location is really good since its not far from the train station and really close to the city center. -Petra

Great staff, so helpful and welcoming! Definitely would stay again!

An absolutely fantastic experience. I arrived after traveling up through the Balkans for the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately I had a flight out early the next morning, but my short stay was nonetheless far more than I expected. Dolores went above and beyond to help ensure that I had transit to the airport in the morning and additionally made sure that there was breakfast for me before I left in the morning. I couldn't expect or hope for a better staff at the hostel. Highly recommend.

Very nice hostel in the center of Ljubljana, with really friendly staff. Clean, spacious rooms with plugs near the beds and individual lights. The showers are a bit strange, you only get 5 seconds of water each time you press the button and it's extremely hot.

Excellent hostel with very friendly and helpful/ knowledgeable staff (particularly Palona). You have to walk through the communal area to get to rooms etc so it ensures that you meet people and mingle. Would stay again!

By far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! I booked for a couple of nights and ended up staying nearly a week! The staff are amazing - every one of them go out of their way to make you feel at home and welcome. Awesome place to stay if you're travelling alone too - hang out in the cozy little common room/kitchen for a while with a beer and you're guaranteed to meet some cool people! If you're going to Ljubljana this is the place to stay!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Close to the center, clean, great atmosphere, etc... But most of all, one of the best staffs at any hostel I've been to. Polona, Dolores and Jurerka were extremely welcoming, nice and fun to hang out with. I basically felt Slovenian for the few days I was there, and I hope to come back and see them and their awesome city again!

• 31st Mar 2015

This is the best hostel in Ljubljana :) I stayed there alone but met many people. We enjoyed drinking and talking in the cozy living room. Also the decor in living room is really nice! I felt comfortable and it was like staying at friend's home. staff are so kind!!! If I go to Ljubljana again, I would definitely stay Zeppelin hostel!!

We had the best time here! The staff were lovely and the place was beautiful. Honestly can't wait to go back!

Stayed here for a few nights in late March 2015. It was very easy to find and perfect location in relation to the bus and train station which were only 5 minutes away. The downtown area was only 10 minutes away making this an ideal choice. The private rooms were very clean and the common area was quite sociable making it easy to meet other travellers. Overall, I would stay here again.

As a solo traveler, staying at Zeppelin was a truly amazing experience. It's a small hostel so you could easily met everyone in the common room. It felt like a real family. Besides that, location is unbeatable, in-between the city center and the bus/train station (5 min walking each side). Metelkova district it also nearby. Staff is great, probably the best I've ever met, WIFI works perfectly and in terms of facilities, you have everything you need. I would definitely come back!

At first I was a bit reluctant to stay at a small hostel but this hostel has completely changed the way I feel about them! It felt like I was staying in a friends house! The best thing here is the staff! They're AMAZING and always go above and beyond their duties. I came here as a solo traveler and I've left here with a lot of new friends! The free breakfast is great, awesome cosy common room where you're guaranteed to meet people, the rooms are nice and the whole place is incredibly clean!

Polona is just simply the best person to run a hostel. She is very knowledgeable of the city and takes you out and shows you the night life and everything the city as to offer. Small hostel with a big heart.