Zhengjia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.68 Yamen Street, PingYao, Pingyao, China

We had a fantastic time here! The rooms and bathrooms are clean and well-maintained. It's in a good location to the city. The only downside was the directions to the hostel. They only have them from the Pingyao station and forget to mention it takes at least half an hour to get there. From Pingyao gucheng station you will have to get a taxi unless you want to walk for two hours... But overall, really good!

Loved everything about this place. Location was amazing. Close to all city wall gates. Such a unique atmosphere. Staff were pleasant and you can tell that they really tried to make an attempt to communicate with you. They would always greet me when they saw me. Rooms were always clean. Amazing! Would definitely recommend it!

The room we had was directly above the dining room which constantly got filled with cigarette smoke. All the bedding, clothes and bag stank of smoke by the time I left, My throat was killing me and my lungs were heavy from the lack of fresh air. The bed was decent and the room was warm. Nobody speaks english so it was a struggle. No toilet roll was provided. We were told to buy some. We didn't eat here because of the smoking situation. Great location in the heart of the City was its one plus

too loud to sleep at night, but staffs there were sweet

• 9th Mar 2015
  • China

Located in an old courtyard style building, the facilities aren't great but they are certainly charming. Great location right in the old town. I did their tour, which is just transportation, to wang family courthouse and zhengbi castle. Zhengbi castle is a tourist trap! Skip it. Hostel is mostly Chinese guests. Not a very sociable place but nice staff.

I guess the staff was really busy since Pingyao was super crowded, but still that is no excuse for the staff for being really rude. We only asked for remote control from air conditioner. That is the other thing, the room was very cold and because of great location in the city center very noisy.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

I think you are rude too! Please take care of your tune when we called you especially when we want to help you !AND YOUR PARTNER IS REALLY UNPOLITE TO ME! My heart was broken and I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!

Most of the staff is really nice and ready to help, especially when it comes to transfer to sights or stations. Got kicked out in a really unfriedly way once und prices are changing every day. They have almost nothing there what they offer on the menu.