Zhengjia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.68 Yamen Street, PingYao, Pingyao, China

Located in an old courtyard style building, the facilities aren't great but they are certainly charming. Great location right in the old town. I did their tour, which is just transportation, to wang family courthouse and zhengbi castle. Zhengbi castle is a tourist trap! Skip it. Hostel is mostly Chinese guests. Not a very sociable place but nice staff.

I guess the staff was really busy since Pingyao was super crowded, but still that is no excuse for the staff for being really rude. We only asked for remote control from air conditioner. That is the other thing, the room was very cold and because of great location in the city center very noisy.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

I think you are rude too! Please take care of your tune when we called you especially when we want to help you !AND YOUR PARTNER IS REALLY UNPOLITE TO ME! My heart was broken and I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!

Most of the staff is really nice and ready to help, especially when it comes to transfer to sights or stations. Got kicked out in a really unfriedly way once und prices are changing every day. They have almost nothing there what they offer on the menu.

This hostel has a very authentic atmosphere and at the same time is a great place to meet new and exciting people, like I did :) They offer an all you can eat Chinese buffet breakfast in the morning for 10 yuan, and it's delicious. The rooms are warm and clean, I was upgraded from a 20 bed room to a 4 bed room for the same price, because I visited in the low season, which was nice :) The staff were also cute, gave me a little gift at the end and offered a free drive to the train station.

Zhengjia hostel is pretty nice, in the middle of the ancient Pingyao, it makes you feel brought back to the past. A particular positive note to the manager and to the boss of the hostel, who helped us a lot during our staying. The thing we didn't really appreciated, apart from the size of the rooms, is the complete lack of preparation of the girls at the desk: when we arrived there it looked like they barely knew what they were doing! Checking in was a real mess.

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the rooms are great.

One of the best surprises when it comes to hostels on this trip to China it only didn't get 'excellent' in atmosphere because of the commune area (aka bar) is way too smoky for Western noses. Other than that I would highly recommend to stay at this hostel. The courtyard rooms are excellent and bring you a peaceful feeling.

I like the atmosphere there and the way they kept it old like the town!! :)

Nice hostel with a good atmosphere. I ordered a double bed (i.e. a big bed), but was given twin beds (i.e. 2 small beds). Perhaps they misunderstood the booking, as the Chinese word for double bed and twin bed can be confusing (i.e. 双床).

Nice stay. Thank you for all

They offer free pick up at the station, even at 6 in the morning, and we were offered a wine bottle on arrival. One of the guys speaks a fearly good English, is very, very, polite and helpful. It woud be nice if all the personnel were like him. The double room is good and cheap. 2x2 traditional bed, good new bathroom. Youy could only look internet in one, old computer with WindowsXP, so not everything worked. Buffet breakfast for 10Y is great! (only Chinese stuff) Laundry very expensive.

The best hostel in China! The best hostel in Asia! The best hostel in the world!

Our doubleroom was great. Own very clean bathroom with 24 h really hot water, TV, Aircon and a comfy bed. The staff was very nice. Daily roomcleaning. Free drinkingwater (hot and cold). Wifi worked great in the rooms. The common area was also nice and friendly to meet other travellers.

Unique and cheap hostel, advantage is that you don't need to pay much for the room, disadvantage is that I had to put up with the dirtiness and smell of the room. good thing I was only here for one night

We are very happy with our stay in this hostel. The staff was very kind, the ubication is perfect and the bulding itself is gorgeous. Of course, the price is incredible, we still cannot believe it. The only two bad things: the bathroom is not the best, but is good enough; and it was very difficult for us to lock our room, even we didn't mind it too much because we feel very safe in Pingyao.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Perfect location but low price Only one person spoke English and they were not helpful at all Disgusting bathrooms but you pay for why you get.

Not much choice on hostelworld with similar price, I choose this because it's cheap, and you get what you paid for. Cleaning job should be upgraded, everything elase is okay.

Bathroom is as dirty as it can get, always with the flor wet, no toilet paper, the walls with some weird things splashed, the shower poor as ell. The rooms are dirty with dust and the sheet on the bed I am not sure where washed. We booked a 4 bed shared room because me and my wife were traveling with a friend and on check in they said that we had to stay in different rooms. Also they just went into the room in the morning when one of us was sleeping and turned on the lights to get some sheets

We booked 5 bed mixed dorm and upon arrival it turned out that they only had seperate dorms for male and female. Not what we expected. The floors in the dorms were very dirty and the shared toilets and showers too. They didnt seem to clean very often. The beds werent real beds but a box made of plywood with a very thin madress on. Also the doorlock to my girlfriend's dorm wasnt working. That same dorm always smelled of cigarette smoke from downstairs and there was no way to prevent it.

We had really good time there but the staff is not the fastest and the most informative in the world. We highly recommend booking private rooms, not dormitories - common toilets are not great. The courtyard is really atmospheric and great for spending time in the evenings.