Zhengjia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.68 Yamen Street, PingYao, Pingyao, China

very nice hostel right in the middle of pingyao the english speaking staff was very helpful!

Amazing value for money in a great location, cleanliness of Chinese standards though unfortunately not European

A traditional atmosphere, friendly approach and helpful staff

The staff is very helpful, the location is great, just in the middle of the old town, and the price is unbelievably cheap for such a high quality hostel

We had a hard time locating the property and they had no record of our booking at all. The building is very old so there was very steep steps to get to the room and we had some issues with cockroaches etc at night. The air con when working was good and the bed was comfortable and large. The bathroom was downstairs and without a door but a mat was placed in front, so the condition was not pristine and the light didn't work. But for the price it was good we felt and was fine for a few nights.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

It smelled old but it was clean and they upgraded us to a private suite on arrival at no additional cost.

Perfect location with a beautiful courtyard.

I do not recomend to stay there. Bathroom and toilet really dirty, staff hardly speak English.

I have stayed in this hostel before but this time is was really disappointed.the owner was not reacting on several phone calls and e-mails.thanks to his really nice staff we could manage to get a pickup from taiyuan.the driver was super unfriendly,tried to save money by taking the longer way and his car was incredibly dirty and smelly.the hostel has one of the very nicest courtyards in town but other Chinese guest got super wasted in the common area both days both days and smoked in the rooms

They don't have my name on reservation list, so that I went to other hostel. 25 yuan room isn't exist there, the cost start from 40, Don't believe the information here. If there ask to pick up you to the station, don't trust them. They will get your 10 yuan per person. You can walk from the station.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

No one showed up at the train station, although I had emailed my travel details following their offer for pick up services. I got to the hostel and waited - staff had no idea what to do with me. No towel in the room, no toilet paper and the garbage bin had not been emptied. I asked for a tour they were advertising - the girl didn't know. Tip of the iceberg: upon check out a lady on the phone suggested arranging for a driver to take me to the station later in the day. No one showed up.

I can't stress how useless the staff of this hostel was. They don't speak almost any English(only the owner does and he's not there a lot of the time) and even the smallest request(like borrowing a pen) seemed endlessly complicated and impossible to grant. They seem to cater to mostly domestic tourists who kept shouting over the courtyard at all hours. Also had my worst meal during my trip to China there. Room and bathroom were clean, but the bathroom smelled like a sewer.

Pingyao is the type of place where you won't be spending a long time either, so this is definitely for a short stay. The staff is a little rough around the edges but we paid 50 yuan a night for a private double room with a kang (traditional type of Chinese bed that takes up half the room that you can also use for seating), so it's great value. They have a Chinese buffet breakfast but I don't know if it was free. It's a small city and the hostel is smack-dab in the main avenue.