Zhengjia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.68 Yamen Street, PingYao, Pingyao, China

The host was very helpful and made us feel like guests. The guesthouse is in the centre of the town and it's very quiet. Room was very airy, the bed was huge, basically old style where one third of the room was rised from the ground and converted to a huge spacy bed(at least 5 people could sleep there!). Good place to rest and relax.

This hostel/hotel is massive! We stayed in a 15rmb dorm room (reminded us of a warm cabin - clean & cosy). Then bob the manager upgraded us to the most amazing private room (the princess room). If you can spare 100/200 rmb I fully recommend these private rooms -spesh if you are a person who is weird about Asian shared bathrooms. Most staff do not speak English but will call bob or rough it through. One staff member was intense about making us eat in the restaurant. I will stay here again in Dec!

• 30th Nov 2013

The hostel has really cheap dorm rooms which is the biggest asset. Also, if you get a chance to meet Bob he is amazing. Filled with hospitality and warmth. I did not like the 5 bedroom dorm rooms because they are right above the bar/restaurant area and you can hear every word the people downstairs say. Also, the cigarette smoke wafts up into the room from the restaurant. The room itself was really nice and cozy. The bathrooms and showers are located downstairs. The wifi worked in the dorm.

It is cheap but... I really think the common bathroom was disgusting and the room was dark. The staff was just ok.

Nicely decorated rooms. Hostel provides laundry services at a nominal fee and since they have a dryer on site, you can get your clothes back in the same day. Free transfer to the train station. Staff is not friendly but competent enough.

Great location inside the city walls. We were given a discount on a room as they missed our email about train station pick up. Also free drop off at the station when we left. Warm room during winter with hot shower and traditional Chinese bed.

Maybe if you go to a room with private room, the impression of the place changes radically, because the main problem of this hostel is the shared bathroom. Dirty, to start with. I chose not to have a shower during my one night stay.

We enjoyed our stay at the Zhengjia hostel very much. The rooms were clean and comfortable (although the shower makes the whole bathroom wet including the toilet paper :)). Good food. Free map, free drop off at train station. The manager speaks English very well and was very helpfull. He helped us with the booking of our next accommodation. The rest of the staff doesn't speak English or very poor English.

I stayed here in a dorm. My email before arrival, asking to pick me up was not answered. When i got there they didn't have my reservation. Staff who checked me in was unfriendly. Dorm and bed okay, showers and toilet dirty and dark. Water is not really warm. Location is good. No assistance in regards to train tickets i bought them myself at the station as reception girls seem not motivated to help you and don't really speak english. If i would return to Pingyao i would not stay here again.

I had a single room and the quality was fine, but the staff was a little rude

• 21st Oct 2013

I thought this hostel mainly caters to Chinese travelers, which isn't bad, but it has a different vibe depending on your preference. Beautiful courtyard, but you'll see enough of them. I went opposite to the Yamen hostel to chill and book my tours and other tickets, maybe it was because they couldn't find my hostel world booking during check-in that made me a bit weary. Rooms small and very basic, as are the showers rustic and the toilets not lit at night. Overall, go to the Yamen opposite.

Very confortable, nice and clean rooms; charming courtyard hostel; english speaking staff, at least the boss.

The owner is very helpful. Staff doesn't speak english but the ownes does. Great value for money, dorms are really cheap.

The owner is amazing. Very helpful. We wanted him to book train tickets for us. He told us to go to the train station which is not too far and wrote down our request for our next destination in pinyin. Otherwise he would have to charge a service fee. As we were checking out, he offer to drive us the train station for free. Good guy!!

had a great time there thanks

Good for a short stay. Some 15min away from the train station. Actually no need to take the offer of the moto-guys in front of the station. Used the twin-private. Showers are barely warm but the room was clean.

Toilets and showers were very dirty.

Great service, pick up and drop off from the railway station, good food, great rooms :-)

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Austria

Location of the hostel is perfect. We stayed in a 20 bed dorm and the beds were really comfortable, showers were good as well. Toilets could be a bit cleaner. we only paid 10 yuan per night so basically don't expect much for such a great cheap price :) staff speaks very poor English so we went to Yamen Hostel and Harmony Guesthouse to book a tour and train tickets. Free pick up and drop off at train station! :)

Stayed here for 3usd a night in a dorm room, so really can't complain. Food was not great, but I found that typical of pingyao. Cleanliness could have been better, and bathroom was poorly lit. I chose not to shower here. Staff didn't speak good English, but they were quick to call the manager who did and was quite helpful. Also got a free map and bottle of water with my stay.