Zhengjia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.68 Yamen Street, PingYao, Pingyao, China

Nicely decorated rooms. Hostel provides laundry services at a nominal fee and since they have a dryer on site, you can get your clothes back in the same day. Free transfer to the train station. Staff is not friendly but competent enough.

Great location inside the city walls. We were given a discount on a room as they missed our email about train station pick up. Also free drop off at the station when we left. Warm room during winter with hot shower and traditional Chinese bed.

Maybe if you go to a room with private room, the impression of the place changes radically, because the main problem of this hostel is the shared bathroom. Dirty, to start with. I chose not to have a shower during my one night stay.

We enjoyed our stay at the Zhengjia hostel very much. The rooms were clean and comfortable (although the shower makes the whole bathroom wet including the toilet paper :)). Good food. Free map, free drop off at train station. The manager speaks English very well and was very helpfull. He helped us with the booking of our next accommodation. The rest of the staff doesn't speak English or very poor English.

I stayed here in a dorm. My email before arrival, asking to pick me up was not answered. When i got there they didn't have my reservation. Staff who checked me in was unfriendly. Dorm and bed okay, showers and toilet dirty and dark. Water is not really warm. Location is good. No assistance in regards to train tickets i bought them myself at the station as reception girls seem not motivated to help you and don't really speak english. If i would return to Pingyao i would not stay here again.

I had a single room and the quality was fine, but the staff was a little rude

• 21st Oct 2013

I thought this hostel mainly caters to Chinese travelers, which isn't bad, but it has a different vibe depending on your preference. Beautiful courtyard, but you'll see enough of them. I went opposite to the Yamen hostel to chill and book my tours and other tickets, maybe it was because they couldn't find my hostel world booking during check-in that made me a bit weary. Rooms small and very basic, as are the showers rustic and the toilets not lit at night. Overall, go to the Yamen opposite.

Very confortable, nice and clean rooms; charming courtyard hostel; english speaking staff, at least the boss.

The owner is very helpful. Staff doesn't speak english but the ownes does. Great value for money, dorms are really cheap.

The owner is amazing. Very helpful. We wanted him to book train tickets for us. He told us to go to the train station which is not too far and wrote down our request for our next destination in pinyin. Otherwise he would have to charge a service fee. As we were checking out, he offer to drive us the train station for free. Good guy!!

had a great time there thanks

Good for a short stay. Some 15min away from the train station. Actually no need to take the offer of the moto-guys in front of the station. Used the twin-private. Showers are barely warm but the room was clean.

Toilets and showers were very dirty.

Great service, pick up and drop off from the railway station, good food, great rooms :-)

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Austria

Location of the hostel is perfect. We stayed in a 20 bed dorm and the beds were really comfortable, showers were good as well. Toilets could be a bit cleaner. we only paid 10 yuan per night so basically don't expect much for such a great cheap price :) staff speaks very poor English so we went to Yamen Hostel and Harmony Guesthouse to book a tour and train tickets. Free pick up and drop off at train station! :)

Stayed here for 3usd a night in a dorm room, so really can't complain. Food was not great, but I found that typical of pingyao. Cleanliness could have been better, and bathroom was poorly lit. I chose not to shower here. Staff didn't speak good English, but they were quick to call the manager who did and was quite helpful. Also got a free map and bottle of water with my stay.

Very beautiful and comfortable room (traditional Kang and furniture) and hostel in general(we even saw a girl doing photos for her marriage in the patio). The staff don't speak very good English. We organised a trip with a driver in the hostel just in front, the Yamen (or something like that). Breakfast was chinese style. We wen't to other hostel to have breakfast :-) I would recommend it, but for what we saw, other hostels in the area were as beautiful as this one. Pingyao is special.

Very helpful english speaking owner! I would go there again, because i had some troubles with my train Tickets and they helped my very efficently to solve all my problems.

Yes, the service might not be perfect (no English and reception girls not motivated - but the owner is very nice and tries his best at making up for this) but oh my gosh, the place is gorgeous. It looks like the set for a medieval Chinese movie and is located in the main street -plus you get a full Chinese breakfast in the price. Private room was great. All in all, I think it's good value for money and def a memorable stay (if you go for the building and location, not really the service.)

The building is great, most of the staff are helpful (although they don't really speak english) but the toilets are REALLY DIRTY. Toilets and showers are in the same place and you cannot stand to take a shower because of the smell. Otherwise the dorms are really clean and the location is great. So, if you choose this place chose an en suite room.