Zhengjia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.68 Yamen Street, PingYao, Pingyao, China

The hostel is in the center of Pingyao, so everything was easy to reach. I got picked up and brought away to the Pingyao trainstation, this went perfectly. The hostel looked very nice and there was a nice looking courtyard in the middle.

The hostel is inside a courtyard house, very spacious and atmosphere is quiet and peaceful. It's close to many good restaurants that sell a lot of Ping Yao's local foods. In the hostel there was an exception of one girl who didn't speak English or Chinese well (spoke another dialect) and had a very bad attitude. Besides her, the owner and other workers were friendly and helpful.

very nice place and the manager is doing a great job!

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel. Despite some electricity cuts, the boss and his team were really nice. The hostel provides free water bottles which was very nice too! The pick up service did not work out, because nobody replied to the mail, but thats maybe because just the boss is speaking english.U can walk there or take a rickshaw. The location is excellent and its totally woth the money u pay! Thank u for that pleasant time!

Staff helped with train ticket bookings, good breakfast included, good service in general

The Hostel was charming and very well located. The owner speaks decent English and was friendly and helpful, but the other staff doesn't and didn't seem interested in being helpful. Unfortunately no one answered my emails before I got to the hostel, but everything turned out fine. The breakfast was good and my room was clean. You can rent bicycles and book drivers.

I was quite disappointed in the youth hostel. They were supposed to pick us up at the station but never came, they don't orgnize any tours neither couldn't buy our train tickets when it's all written in their website. The staff don't speak english very well, bathroom and toilets not clean at all. The only good thing is the excellent location.

We stayed just one night in a double room and I won't stay another night ever! The good points are the location and the pick up service who were good. But the hotel is very dirty, the table in the restaurants are covered by old food and we always have to ask the staff for cleaning the table before we can install us. Our private bathroom smell very strong urine and seems to be unwashed for weeks. The common bathroom is worse and are close than public toilet than hotel's one.

We stayed 5 nights at the Zhengjia hostel, we booked a double private bedroom and everything was excellent. The bedroom was huge, very clean and our bed could easily fit 5 people! The hotel itself it's a 200 years-old building, beautiful and in the main road of PingYao. They have this chinese buffet breakfast for free, só if you like spicy chinese food for breakfast its a big plus. The girls from the reception don't speak a lot english, but the owner Bob, speaks good english and is very helpful.

This is a lovely hostel right in the centre of the old town, easy to reach from the train station and they will drop you off for free when you have to leave. The manager is lovely goes out of his way to help and the bike hire is great value for money! Most of the staff speak English but some communication problems but they are still very friendly, great stay!

We read reviews about the place before we came and were kinda weary. But in the end the place was great. The owner is super nice. The rooms are very clean and the price is amazing. The place is right in the center of everything. (Although the town isn't big so just about anywhere is in the center of everything) I also read multiple reviews while traveling china complaining about English. But come on people, if you want English walk down your own street and play I'm the creek.

Very nice staff and a very nice room! The location is fantastic as it is in the center of Pingyao Oldtown. We got water for free (on both days it was over 30 degress Celsius) and free transport to the train station.

Very nice location, awesome courtyard, very good room apart from having shower together with the toilet - but for the price the hostel was excellent and I'd stay here again if I were to return to Pingyao. The guy at reception was very professional and helpful, but most of the girls seemed completely lost (and should choose for another career than a hostel desk).

Very inexperience front-desk counter staffs except for one. Check in was asked to pay for extra room price until the experience staff point out the first gal's mistake. The one who handle my check-out in the morning just took the slip and didn't even return my deposit until I ask from her. Hostel provided simple chinese breakfast but I doubt many know as they didn't inform us when we check in. But transport arrangement is good and effective.The driver who drove us was very good!

We booked the private double bed room and it was a great decision. The bed was giant (you could probably fit at least five people on it) and was built as part of the room (sort of attached to the wall). It's hard to explain, but it was definitely a great decision. The bathrooms were nice. We felt safe although doors were locked by a padlock. Also, the food was overpriced because if you ordered a pizza there you would notice that they were half the price if you went next door.

Very nice and affordable accommodation along with lots of character. The staff is also extremely help, I accidentally left my phone in the hostel before catching a 7 hour train to Datong. I called up Zhengjia, they found the phone and immediately sent it to my location. The manager is a super nice guy and was very helpful throughout this entire process. Highly recommended.

I spend 2 days at Zhengjia Hostel in Pingyao. The owner of the guesthouse was very nice to me, I had to take a train and he asks someone of the hostel to drive me at the station for free. Also he was very polite, helpful, I appreciated very much. Thank you.

The cocktails are very poor but everything else was great apart from the fact that my watch disappeared from my room.

It was great being picked up. The staff were lovely and helpful. Mostly they can't speak Chinese but there was nearly always one girl on duty who could speak English very well. The hostel is really beautiful and the bar a nice place to sit. The room was fine and I felt safe being able to put my own padlock on the outside of the door when we went out and left our stuff in there. They also dropped us at the station for our evening train even though we checked out eight hours earlier which was kind

• 14th Apr 2013

Excellent place. Really nice setting, great courtyards, awesome rooms, could be the best value for money hostel we've come across in the world. Just don't expect the best service. Costs seem quite high for China for all the extra things like laundry, food, booking transport tickets etc. but it is a touristy area. Best bet is to definitely stay here but book transport stuff over the road at Yamen hostel and don't eat anywhere inside the old city walls, just outside you get great food cheap