Zhengjia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.68 Yamen Street, PingYao, Pingyao, China

Free pick up and breakfast are great. Room was clean. Nice bar/restaurant area. Staff we encountered didn't really speak much English but they did telephone to helpful manager who spoke English. The beds are comfortable but traditional style so 3 people to a bed.

A really nice place, been there for three nights. The best location you can ask for. Our air conditioner didn't work at first- they fixed it within an hour. Our room was located next to the kitchen and it was smelly and noisy- they organized a new room as soon as they had one (hostel was full, so we got it the second day).The hostel owner offered us a free coffee and orange juice on the morning we left- that was a really nice gesture. p.s free transfer to the train station! Well done!

This hostel was ok-ish given the price and for 1 or 2 nights but my room was damp and the toilets/showers were extremely basic and not overly clean. I wouldn't stay again.

Good enough facilities, but not a great atmosphere as far as hostels go. Other than the manager next door, the staff's English is pretty bad. They also didn't want to speak Chinese with me. They also work really hard to upsell you on everything.

Zhengjia hostel/hotel actually has two (at least) properties just beside each other. The first one, coming from west through the tower, is more hotel-like while the latter seemed to have a more hostel-like vibe to it. We stayed two nights in a double room in the former. They seem to share staff and kitchen at least. Part of the staff spoke some English, some better than others, but enough to be able to communicate. Overall the staff was friendly and helpful, although not overly service-minded.

The hostel is centrally located at the center of Pinyao Ancient Town. It's very suitable for backpackers. The public area is nice and I like sitting there and writing things. In addition, hostel staff are also very nice and helpful, but maybe a bit over-warm-hearted.

The hostel is centrally located in the heart of Pingyao Ancient City. It's a very good hostel and I love the public area. The staff are very nice. I will go back to the hostel again if I visit Pingyao city next time.

The hostel is in the center of Pingyao, so everything was easy to reach. I got picked up and brought away to the Pingyao trainstation, this went perfectly. The hostel looked very nice and there was a nice looking courtyard in the middle.

The hostel is inside a courtyard house, very spacious and atmosphere is quiet and peaceful. It's close to many good restaurants that sell a lot of Ping Yao's local foods. In the hostel there was an exception of one girl who didn't speak English or Chinese well (spoke another dialect) and had a very bad attitude. Besides her, the owner and other workers were friendly and helpful.

very nice place and the manager is doing a great job!

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel. Despite some electricity cuts, the boss and his team were really nice. The hostel provides free water bottles which was very nice too! The pick up service did not work out, because nobody replied to the mail, but thats maybe because just the boss is speaking english.U can walk there or take a rickshaw. The location is excellent and its totally woth the money u pay! Thank u for that pleasant time!

Staff helped with train ticket bookings, good breakfast included, good service in general

The Hostel was charming and very well located. The owner speaks decent English and was friendly and helpful, but the other staff doesn't and didn't seem interested in being helpful. Unfortunately no one answered my emails before I got to the hostel, but everything turned out fine. The breakfast was good and my room was clean. You can rent bicycles and book drivers.

I was quite disappointed in the youth hostel. They were supposed to pick us up at the station but never came, they don't orgnize any tours neither couldn't buy our train tickets when it's all written in their website. The staff don't speak english very well, bathroom and toilets not clean at all. The only good thing is the excellent location.

We stayed just one night in a double room and I won't stay another night ever! The good points are the location and the pick up service who were good. But the hotel is very dirty, the table in the restaurants are covered by old food and we always have to ask the staff for cleaning the table before we can install us. Our private bathroom smell very strong urine and seems to be unwashed for weeks. The common bathroom is worse and are close than public toilet than hotel's one.

We stayed 5 nights at the Zhengjia hostel, we booked a double private bedroom and everything was excellent. The bedroom was huge, very clean and our bed could easily fit 5 people! The hotel itself it's a 200 years-old building, beautiful and in the main road of PingYao. They have this chinese buffet breakfast for free, só if you like spicy chinese food for breakfast its a big plus. The girls from the reception don't speak a lot english, but the owner Bob, speaks good english and is very helpful.

This is a lovely hostel right in the centre of the old town, easy to reach from the train station and they will drop you off for free when you have to leave. The manager is lovely goes out of his way to help and the bike hire is great value for money! Most of the staff speak English but some communication problems but they are still very friendly, great stay!

We read reviews about the place before we came and were kinda weary. But in the end the place was great. The owner is super nice. The rooms are very clean and the price is amazing. The place is right in the center of everything. (Although the town isn't big so just about anywhere is in the center of everything) I also read multiple reviews while traveling china complaining about English. But come on people, if you want English walk down your own street and play I'm the creek.

Very nice staff and a very nice room! The location is fantastic as it is in the center of Pingyao Oldtown. We got water for free (on both days it was over 30 degress Celsius) and free transport to the train station.

Very nice location, awesome courtyard, very good room apart from having shower together with the toilet - but for the price the hostel was excellent and I'd stay here again if I were to return to Pingyao. The guy at reception was very professional and helpful, but most of the girls seemed completely lost (and should choose for another career than a hostel desk).