Zhengjia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.68 Yamen Street, PingYao, Pingyao, China

Great service, pick up and drop off from the railway station, good food, great rooms :-)

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Austria

Location of the hostel is perfect. We stayed in a 20 bed dorm and the beds were really comfortable, showers were good as well. Toilets could be a bit cleaner. we only paid 10 yuan per night so basically don't expect much for such a great cheap price :) staff speaks very poor English so we went to Yamen Hostel and Harmony Guesthouse to book a tour and train tickets. Free pick up and drop off at train station! :)

Stayed here for 3usd a night in a dorm room, so really can't complain. Food was not great, but I found that typical of pingyao. Cleanliness could have been better, and bathroom was poorly lit. I chose not to shower here. Staff didn't speak good English, but they were quick to call the manager who did and was quite helpful. Also got a free map and bottle of water with my stay.

Very beautiful and comfortable room (traditional Kang and furniture) and hostel in general(we even saw a girl doing photos for her marriage in the patio). The staff don't speak very good English. We organised a trip with a driver in the hostel just in front, the Yamen (or something like that). Breakfast was chinese style. We wen't to other hostel to have breakfast :-) I would recommend it, but for what we saw, other hostels in the area were as beautiful as this one. Pingyao is special.

Very helpful english speaking owner! I would go there again, because i had some troubles with my train Tickets and they helped my very efficently to solve all my problems.

Yes, the service might not be perfect (no English and reception girls not motivated - but the owner is very nice and tries his best at making up for this) but oh my gosh, the place is gorgeous. It looks like the set for a medieval Chinese movie and is located in the main street -plus you get a full Chinese breakfast in the price. Private room was great. All in all, I think it's good value for money and def a memorable stay (if you go for the building and location, not really the service.)

The building is great, most of the staff are helpful (although they don't really speak english) but the toilets are REALLY DIRTY. Toilets and showers are in the same place and you cannot stand to take a shower because of the smell. Otherwise the dorms are really clean and the location is great. So, if you choose this place chose an en suite room.

Free pick up and breakfast are great. Room was clean. Nice bar/restaurant area. Staff we encountered didn't really speak much English but they did telephone to helpful manager who spoke English. The beds are comfortable but traditional style so 3 people to a bed.

A really nice place, been there for three nights. The best location you can ask for. Our air conditioner didn't work at first- they fixed it within an hour. Our room was located next to the kitchen and it was smelly and noisy- they organized a new room as soon as they had one (hostel was full, so we got it the second day).The hostel owner offered us a free coffee and orange juice on the morning we left- that was a really nice gesture. p.s free transfer to the train station! Well done!

This hostel was ok-ish given the price and for 1 or 2 nights but my room was damp and the toilets/showers were extremely basic and not overly clean. I wouldn't stay again.

Good enough facilities, but not a great atmosphere as far as hostels go. Other than the manager next door, the staff's English is pretty bad. They also didn't want to speak Chinese with me. They also work really hard to upsell you on everything.

Zhengjia hostel/hotel actually has two (at least) properties just beside each other. The first one, coming from west through the tower, is more hotel-like while the latter seemed to have a more hostel-like vibe to it. We stayed two nights in a double room in the former. They seem to share staff and kitchen at least. Part of the staff spoke some English, some better than others, but enough to be able to communicate. Overall the staff was friendly and helpful, although not overly service-minded.

The hostel is centrally located at the center of Pinyao Ancient Town. It's very suitable for backpackers. The public area is nice and I like sitting there and writing things. In addition, hostel staff are also very nice and helpful, but maybe a bit over-warm-hearted.

The hostel is centrally located in the heart of Pingyao Ancient City. It's a very good hostel and I love the public area. The staff are very nice. I will go back to the hostel again if I visit Pingyao city next time.

The hostel is in the center of Pingyao, so everything was easy to reach. I got picked up and brought away to the Pingyao trainstation, this went perfectly. The hostel looked very nice and there was a nice looking courtyard in the middle.

The hostel is inside a courtyard house, very spacious and atmosphere is quiet and peaceful. It's close to many good restaurants that sell a lot of Ping Yao's local foods. In the hostel there was an exception of one girl who didn't speak English or Chinese well (spoke another dialect) and had a very bad attitude. Besides her, the owner and other workers were friendly and helpful.

very nice place and the manager is doing a great job!

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel. Despite some electricity cuts, the boss and his team were really nice. The hostel provides free water bottles which was very nice too! The pick up service did not work out, because nobody replied to the mail, but thats maybe because just the boss is speaking english.U can walk there or take a rickshaw. The location is excellent and its totally woth the money u pay! Thank u for that pleasant time!

Staff helped with train ticket bookings, good breakfast included, good service in general

The Hostel was charming and very well located. The owner speaks decent English and was friendly and helpful, but the other staff doesn't and didn't seem interested in being helpful. Unfortunately no one answered my emails before I got to the hostel, but everything turned out fine. The breakfast was good and my room was clean. You can rent bicycles and book drivers.