Zhengjia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.68 Yamen Street, PingYao, Pingyao, China

very nice hostel right in the middle of pingyao the english speaking staff was very helpful!

Amazing value for money in a great location, cleanliness of Chinese standards though unfortunately not European

A traditional atmosphere, friendly approach and helpful staff

The staff is very helpful, the location is great, just in the middle of the old town, and the price is unbelievably cheap for such a high quality hostel

We had a hard time locating the property and they had no record of our booking at all. The building is very old so there was very steep steps to get to the room and we had some issues with cockroaches etc at night. The air con when working was good and the bed was comfortable and large. The bathroom was downstairs and without a door but a mat was placed in front, so the condition was not pristine and the light didn't work. But for the price it was good we felt and was fine for a few nights.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

It smelled old but it was clean and they upgraded us to a private suite on arrival at no additional cost.

Perfect location with a beautiful courtyard.

I do not recomend to stay there. Bathroom and toilet really dirty, staff hardly speak English.

I have stayed in this hostel before but this time is was really disappointed.the owner was not reacting on several phone calls and e-mails.thanks to his really nice staff we could manage to get a pickup from taiyuan.the driver was super unfriendly,tried to save money by taking the longer way and his car was incredibly dirty and smelly.the hostel has one of the very nicest courtyards in town but other Chinese guest got super wasted in the common area both days both days and smoked in the rooms

They don't have my name on reservation list, so that I went to other hostel. 25 yuan room isn't exist there, the cost start from 40, Don't believe the information here. If there ask to pick up you to the station, don't trust them. They will get your 10 yuan per person. You can walk from the station.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

No one showed up at the train station, although I had emailed my travel details following their offer for pick up services. I got to the hostel and waited - staff had no idea what to do with me. No towel in the room, no toilet paper and the garbage bin had not been emptied. I asked for a tour they were advertising - the girl didn't know. Tip of the iceberg: upon check out a lady on the phone suggested arranging for a driver to take me to the station later in the day. No one showed up.

I can't stress how useless the staff of this hostel was. They don't speak almost any English(only the owner does and he's not there a lot of the time) and even the smallest request(like borrowing a pen) seemed endlessly complicated and impossible to grant. They seem to cater to mostly domestic tourists who kept shouting over the courtyard at all hours. Also had my worst meal during my trip to China there. Room and bathroom were clean, but the bathroom smelled like a sewer.

Pingyao is the type of place where you won't be spending a long time either, so this is definitely for a short stay. The staff is a little rough around the edges but we paid 50 yuan a night for a private double room with a kang (traditional type of Chinese bed that takes up half the room that you can also use for seating), so it's great value. They have a Chinese buffet breakfast but I don't know if it was free. It's a small city and the hostel is smack-dab in the main avenue.

We went in January and most of the shops in the old city was closed. Everyone left due to the lack of tourist. The locks on the room was weird, if you leave, it is lock from the outside and the person on the inside is lock in. If the person on the inside lock it, your key can not open the door and you will have to wake them up. They have a cheap 10rmb breakfast with questionable food. The room is very clean and the bathroom does not smell. One of the cutest and best room hostel we stay in.

Great location, inside the city wall and free pick up/drop off to/from the train station! Bob the manager gave us a free room upgrade to the nicest room in the hostel (and that it definitely was, we felt like royalty)!! Restaurant area pretty cold however, it was -12 when we stayed! Underground castle trip slightly misleading, double check what's included before you confirm.

We stayed in a double room, and we found it very good. The bed is huge, the room is nicely decorated, and we had a view of the beautiful courtyard. The bathroom was clean, but a bit small. Staff was very friendly, especially the owner Bob, who speaks English very well. We were picked up at the station, and Bob also arranged for us to be dropped off when we had to go back, which was very convenient. Location is great, food is all right and at reasonable prices. We would stay here again.

Nice enough hostel, though nothing exceptional. Pleasant communal area and cafe. The location within the old city is ideal, however...although this is no fault of the hostel itself, when arriving off the sleeper train in the early morning, we found it impossible to find in the dark. At night the old city is very difficult to navigate around, even with the several maps we had. A headtorch is a must. Great, cheap, chinese-style buffet breakfast. The hostel is quite cold in winter.

The host was very helpful and made us feel like guests. The guesthouse is in the centre of the town and it's very quiet. Room was very airy, the bed was huge, basically old style where one third of the room was rised from the ground and converted to a huge spacy bed(at least 5 people could sleep there!). Good place to rest and relax.

This hostel/hotel is massive! We stayed in a 15rmb dorm room (reminded us of a warm cabin - clean & cosy). Then bob the manager upgraded us to the most amazing private room (the princess room). If you can spare 100/200 rmb I fully recommend these private rooms -spesh if you are a person who is weird about Asian shared bathrooms. Most staff do not speak English but will call bob or rough it through. One staff member was intense about making us eat in the restaurant. I will stay here again in Dec!

• 30th Nov 2013

The hostel has really cheap dorm rooms which is the biggest asset. Also, if you get a chance to meet Bob he is amazing. Filled with hospitality and warmth. I did not like the 5 bedroom dorm rooms because they are right above the bar/restaurant area and you can hear every word the people downstairs say. Also, the cigarette smoke wafts up into the room from the restaurant. The room itself was really nice and cozy. The bathrooms and showers are located downstairs. The wifi worked in the dorm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7