ZigZag Hostel Reviews

3A Gor'kogo str., 6th floor, apt. 18, Kiev, Ukraine

Except for the girl that checked me in on January 1, 2014 and who probabely hated her job very much, everything in this hostel was perfect. (Maybe a new set of kitchenknives would be a good idea).

Hello Marc! Thank you for your review. The 1st of January was a very hard day for everyone (in terms of headache)), therefore you could feel like that.. Anyway, we are glad to see you anytime! P.S. and we bought already the new set of kitchenknives;)

Great location, on top floor of a typical old apartment building with a somewhat scary but very authentic elevator. Staff was very helpful. Enough bathroom facilities, kitchen is a tad small. Coming back late at night was no problem. Best is to tell the staff before you go out. One night they gave us the key to the main door downstairs. Otherwise you can ring the bell or call their phone number. We had no problems at all getting back around 2 or 3 am. Definitely Recommendable.

Hello guys! Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you have enjoyed your time here:) Welcome back!

Felt very secure because the staff would lock the door and go to bed, therefor locking us out of the hostel two nights in a row. It happens though. Aside from that, the staff was friendly.

Hello Cory! We have taken into account your remarks and made the keys to enter the building for our guests. Hopefully, next time it will never happen with you. Thank you!

Excellent location, easy to find and a few minutes away from the center. Rooms, showers and toilets are clean. It has free Wifi and computers in the common area. Have to say about very nice and helpful staff. Thank you guys, I would definitely come back again!

• 6th Sep 2013
  • Portugal

The hostel has great location near metro station (near University). Rooms, kitchen and other facilities are clean. Not all staff members speak fluent English but they are able to provide basic information. The hostel provides the towels but they should be definitely of bigger size (they provide only hand towels, instead bath towels).

Location on this hostel is ok., cleanliness too is ok, but staff is awful (especially Angelica). First in the evening in big rain I ran to ATM to take cash, because staff don't gave me allow for pay from the morning. Later from the morning water does not work, when I asked why, staff told "I forgot to tell you about repairing of sewage system. Sorry". For this reason, never go to this place.

Once you find it and get passed the door, it's a great place!

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

Great hostel. Staff are very helpful, nice common area, clean kitchen. No locks on the dorm doors, but there are lockers available.

A very clean and modern place in an old appartment building near Tolstoi Square (and metro station). Maybe slightly away from the city centre (it'll take either 20 minutes on foot, or 10 minutes by metro + escalators), but other than that: excellent.

Grant key access cards to all guests vs. requiring to wake up the night clerk everytime one wants to enter.

It is great hostel at great location. Going to recommend it to all my friends as well as visit it again :)

Great hostel, great location, great staff.

I was staying there for short time but I can say for sure that I would come back here! It is very modern and fresh place with very king and beautiful staff. They help you in every question you need. Also the facilities of the hostel satisfied me for 100% (comparing with others where I've been before). I would recommend this place to people who want to stay in the center city and pay not too much.

• 3rd Dec 2012

Thank you very much!!))

Very very dirty, staff ok, and the worst brekfast EVER!

Hello! Yes, we remember that you've asked us to clean the windows during the night, but according to our regulations we do it several times per year and at day time. We are sorry that you did not like it, but it doesn't mean that the hostel overall is so dirty. Thank you for understanding.

I would just like to express my gratitude to all the staff at the hostel. All staff were really friendly and helpful. The hostel was extremely clean, well equipped and located just in the center city. Def will recommend it to someone else who are wishing to visit Kiev and will visit it again in the future. Again many thanks to you all, and I hope you won't forget our unforgettable evenings;)

• 30th Oct 2012
  • Russia

Very nice and sexy staff. Brand new, clean and comfortable rooms, bathrooms, kitchen. The hostel is located conveniently two blocks away from Kreschatik (main road), and just 200m from a park. I had a great stay in Kiev! I loved the great food, entertaining and friendly people and many sights! Thanks to all hostel staffers for their passionate work! It’s a lovely place!

• 5th Oct 2012

I was there 4 nights and they didn't clean up even once! The hostel itself is very nice. Too bad they let it get gross.

Dear Natalya, we are very sorry that you did not get on the time of cleaning, as we do them every day when our guests go for a walk, so it does not bother anyone.

Good place. A/C didn't work and bathroom area can get dirty, but overall I'd recommend.

Unfortunately the Chernobyl-Tour which the hostel offers on their Homepage didn't work. At least I got my money for the tour back but not the booking fee of Western Union. The effort of the staff is very different. All were friendly but with the exception of Maria bad organized.

Hello dear Nadja! It's a pity that you could not get on Chernobyl Tour. Unfortunately we are unable to influence the company, which organizes this tours, we can only help to contact them. All payments and arrangements come with them. We hope that your stay in the hostel was nice and without any other troubles.

The hostel administrators were ALL wonderful; they made sure that I felt comfortable and welcomed. They made great food recommendations and helped me translate a few things too. Overall, my stay was very positive. The location of the Hostel is ideal and the facilities are practically NEW and very well maintained. I was there during the Euro 2012, so it was a little difficult to keep the place clean, but overall, a VERY POSITIVE experience.

• 30th Jun 2012

Thank you very much for you review! We are very glad that you've enjoyed your stay!