ZigZag Hostel Reviews

3A Gor'kogo str., 6th floor, apt. 18, Kiev, Ukraine

It was my second stay in this hostel and again I had a great time. Try out Gorkiy Pub below the hostel which is open every night with super friendly bar staff and a good atmosphere:)

really good place and good location.excellent for chinese!

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • China

Hello ! We are so pleased that you really liked our place, thank you for your review. Come back with your friend now:)

perfect location friendly staff . more locals than travelers

Overall a good place to stay a night or two. It's quite central but still quiet. Very nice and welcoming staff. Facilities were good, washrooms always clean, kitchen ok. Unfortunately some of the guests were really special (sitting in front of a computer drinking beer everytime I met them day and night...) resulting in a bit a lack of atmosphere... But that's not actually the hostels fault ;-)

Great hostel with a wonderful, very friendly and helpful staff. The location is fantastic and the rooms are comfortable. Toilets, showers, and sinks are all separate, so no waiting to use the restroom because someone is taking a long shower. The guests themselves were also very interesting and added to the environment. I appreciated the fact that there enough lockers for each guest. All in all, the best hostel I've seen in Ukraine.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Hello! Thank you very much for your reply! We remember your dance and want more:) So come again.

Hostel is modern which is Good. But they are always trying to save money by switching the air conditioning off. Kitchen is missing tea and sugar also and needs more utensils.

Many modern stylish rooms, good service and all at a low price , I am delighted and recommend to all !!!Comfortable accommodation in the city center, close to the subway, on the street below is just a pub, near many shops, easy to get close to any point of the city. Bed clean. Can not smoke inside and alcohol is used only in the kitchen. I advise you to settle on the first floor there is a special good numbers!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Ukraine

Some of the staff where quite rude and unfriendly. Not very welcoming place. Seems to be some long term Ukrainian workers who stay there. Also trying to get back into the hostel can be quite difficult, many times I stood outside and had to wait 15 mins or more before somebody would answer the door.

Except for the girl that checked me in on January 1, 2014 and who probabely hated her job very much, everything in this hostel was perfect. (Maybe a new set of kitchenknives would be a good idea).

Hello Marc! Thank you for your review. The 1st of January was a very hard day for everyone (in terms of headache)), therefore you could feel like that.. Anyway, we are glad to see you anytime! P.S. and we bought already the new set of kitchenknives;)

Great location, on top floor of a typical old apartment building with a somewhat scary but very authentic elevator. Staff was very helpful. Enough bathroom facilities, kitchen is a tad small. Coming back late at night was no problem. Best is to tell the staff before you go out. One night they gave us the key to the main door downstairs. Otherwise you can ring the bell or call their phone number. We had no problems at all getting back around 2 or 3 am. Definitely Recommendable.

Hello guys! Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you have enjoyed your time here:) Welcome back!

Felt very secure because the staff would lock the door and go to bed, therefor locking us out of the hostel two nights in a row. It happens though. Aside from that, the staff was friendly.

Hello Cory! We have taken into account your remarks and made the keys to enter the building for our guests. Hopefully, next time it will never happen with you. Thank you!

Excellent location, easy to find and a few minutes away from the center. Rooms, showers and toilets are clean. It has free Wifi and computers in the common area. Have to say about very nice and helpful staff. Thank you guys, I would definitely come back again!

• 6th Sep 2013
  • Portugal

The hostel has great location near metro station (near University). Rooms, kitchen and other facilities are clean. Not all staff members speak fluent English but they are able to provide basic information. The hostel provides the towels but they should be definitely of bigger size (they provide only hand towels, instead bath towels).

Location on this hostel is ok., cleanliness too is ok, but staff is awful (especially Angelica). First in the evening in big rain I ran to ATM to take cash, because staff don't gave me allow for pay from the morning. Later from the morning water does not work, when I asked why, staff told "I forgot to tell you about repairing of sewage system. Sorry". For this reason, never go to this place.

Once you find it and get passed the door, it's a great place!

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

Great hostel. Staff are very helpful, nice common area, clean kitchen. No locks on the dorm doors, but there are lockers available.

A very clean and modern place in an old appartment building near Tolstoi Square (and metro station). Maybe slightly away from the city centre (it'll take either 20 minutes on foot, or 10 minutes by metro + escalators), but other than that: excellent.

Grant key access cards to all guests vs. requiring to wake up the night clerk everytime one wants to enter.

It is great hostel at great location. Going to recommend it to all my friends as well as visit it again :)

Great hostel, great location, great staff.