Zohour Hostel Reviews

19, Teryana Kebira, rue Talaa Seghira, Fès médin, Fez, Morocco

The rooftop is really great! The meals which you can get in the hostel are more average. Better go out for dinner! Our bathroom/the shower was okay, we had much better facilities in the other towns we stayed.

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff, especially Yousef and Nordin are relaxed and friendly and are always around to help you out with whatever you need. The riad is a good size - not too big and with lovely communal areas for breakfast and a a great roof terrace, which is perfect to take a break from the heat and the busy medina lanes. The private double room I stayed in was lovely. Its not fancy or modern but is authentic and great value for money. I would go back tomorrow if I could.

• 21st Sep 2014

the biggest problem was the owner. didn't felt good there. we had to change the room twice. he tried to offer us trips we didnt want. especially not recommended for women! :/

One of the staff members (not Joseph, who was kind) admitted to being friends and worked with a faux guide. This faux guide hassled and threatened us when we arrived at the hostel. The staff member told us to pay the faux guide for him to go away. Since we didn't have the support of the staff member at the hostel after arriving late at night, we felt obliged to pay the faux guide. It was a terrible experience.

Its neccesary to have a kitchen for the guests, when you are on a low budget you can not affored paying for food. And the staff is nice but they need to put more signs so people does not get lost.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

a really nice place to rest from the craziness of the medina - spacious and clean, friendly staff and beautiful terrace with a view. ciaoo capo

Nice place , clean, really friendly staff walked us to a restaurant so we wouldn't get los

Very nice staff and extremely helpful!

I had a single room downstairs. I would have appreciated to have possibility to use my own lock; but without it, it was just fine as well. The atmosphere is pleasant, I felt safe, and though at first I booked two nights, I stayed there 5 nights. As a single female traveler, I strongly recommend this hostel. The staff can help with contacts for sahara trips as well.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

It was a really good hostel experience. Everyone was very friendly and helpful at the hostel. They were respectful yet friendly. The hostel is located near the entrance of the Medina, which is a MAJOR plus since the Medina itself is like a maze. You shouldlook out for the signs that take you to the hostel or otherwise, be prepared to pay a local for their orientation services (not really needed). The only thing you should watch out for are the expensve tours organized by the hostel

Good hostel set in a very beautiful moroccan riad. Friendly staff welcomed me with a nice mint tea. Good value for money with breakfast included. Excellent cleanliness. A good hostel to relax in. Not to be confused with the nearby 'Dar Zohour'. Good location.

Very friendly staff who speak great English to help you more than just your accommodation! Grab a cooking lesson or see if someone will take you to a hammam. Very comfortable and clean hostel and a great price too. Will definitely stay here again when I come back to Fes. Shukran!

the front door says zohour guesthouse, this is the place. its located down an alleyway from the main street. dont be alarmed going down there. its at the end.