Zorbas Hotel Reviews

10 Gkyilfordou St., Victoria Square Athens 10434, Athens, Greece

improve cleanliness in a rooms - cheap don't mean dirty.

The cleaning was poor, the bathroom was horrible. The location is excellent. If you are only staying a good night it is ok. I spent all the day sightseeing and went in the night just to sleep and was ok. For 10 euro at night it is ok to stay here.

The place was easy to find, very close to Victoria metro stop. Our room was very smelly , it was horrible. The bathroom was sooo dirty and in the middle of the night the electricity was gone in our floor. Also the wifi was so slow... The common area is not bad but when we asked them for a beer at the bar all they had was warm beer :/ we only stayed for a night but I guess if you pay 6€ for a bed you can't ask for a fancy place.

• 4th Apr 2015

The staff was really nice but not too helpful. The facility was a bit old, and quite far from all the attractions. The metro is easy to use in Athens. It was clean. They have 2 pcs for guest to use.

The hostel was clean and the staff were extremely helpful.

• 1st Apr 2015

It's a good Hotel, the building is a little bit old. But is near to one ot the most bigs streets.

The Staff us great!! Very helpful and always friendly. The room was big and clean with a balcony. I did not give excellent for atmosphere because there rooms could be little bit better decorated for very small money. The shower could have a small gardine so that the rest of the bathroom doesnt become wet. But the staff was great!

We enjoyed our stay the staff were accommodating and in general it was good value for money. The shower was a bit of a death trap though!

• 16th Feb 2015

if you are going in winter, it's so cold!

My time at this hostel wasn't that good. My roommate used to smoke in the bedroom and I don't know if it's the hostel's fault or him's. Maybe both. The staff were nice with me, but they could be better, in my opinion.

Cons ; near to the metro and grocery stores/ walking distance to attractions/ staffs are kind and helpful/ there is delicious souvlaki restaurant near the hostel /////// Pros ; room is small and humid/ it was cold at night for me/ the shower curtain was moldy, giving me an impression of poor cleanliness...

Really good hostel, near everything!

I booked two days, paid the two, however told the reception that would leave the next day. The receptionist leased the vacant when I returned had belongings of another guest in my bed and it was waiting in the reception as it were kicking me out. Not to mention that I left my juice in the freezer closed and disappeared with the box, I spoke at reception without solution.

• 20th Dec 2014

Employees try to be nive but Owner very stupid, not helpfulll at all.

Hostel is located in a great place, very close to Green Metro Line (Victoria Station), there are many places nearby where you can eat, step by for a coffee or buy cigs/snacks/liquors. Rooms are small, they are just enough to get some sleep and leave them for whole day. Bathrooms are clean, sheets and blankets are changed everyday and you get them nice and clean. Our roommates were quiet and they weren't making any problems (maybe except snoring) ;). (2 rooms, 6-dorm and 8-dorm)

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Everything was OK! Staff are nice and always helpful to guests. Cozy ambient and very clean and neat rooms. Wi Fi Internet works perfect and fast! There´s no breakfast available, but that´s nothing in comparison with the good quality of services in general. I found just one thing that i didn´t like: The showers are pretty small, which means very little space to move while taking a shower (especially tall peopl) I recommend it!

Quiet at the time. Propbably due to off-season. Nice staff. Clean rooms. Good location for walking og taking the metro around.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

I was not impressed with Zorbas Hotel. The bathroom and quality of the rooms private and dorm was subpar. You can hear everything that happens in surrounding rooms. It is not in a good neighborhood.

• 15th Nov 2014

Nise, cleen, chip. Not far from center. before i was one day in Zeus hostel. Terible. Price is symiral, but belefe me ot nor the wors hostel ever. (I was in india and afryka) Soo i can rekoment thant one in Atens:L) PAwel

Friendly staff; possibility to meet not so average travelers (including residents of the country), to whom traveling is not only about standard comfort and safety (but something else); upstairs area was quite petite and cosy, even if not in much of a top notch renovated order. If you travel with your own gear and have an open mind about things etc, not a bad place to be in a big city.

• 5th Nov 2014