Zorbas Hotel Reviews

10 Gkyilfordou St., Victoria Square Athens 10434, Athens, Greece

A great hostel with cool people and excellent staff

Overall i was very pleased with the Hostel. Good Accomodation with friendly staff and nice facilities. Unlikely immediately after my stay i get an itchy rash on my body, so maybe the bed wasn`t as clean as ist seemed on the first look.

When I saw how shabby and crowded it looks I thought I would hate this place, but I had a very good stay, thanks to the spacious common area in the basement, which hardly anyone used during the four days I was there; great place to get away from the crowded dorms. The hotel has a gloomy, faded ambience, with dim lighting and worn-out carpets. Location next to Exarchia is perfect if you like street art and "East Berlin"-style urban treks. Guys at reception were always attentive, thanks !

Worst hostel that i ever had, the bathroom was extreamaly short and dirty, didn't have a blenket, the staff were nice and helpfull, the internet was really bad too and generally to make it work i had to stay really near from the modem, and i saw other people doing the same thing, interner didn't work in the area that was soppouse to br the kitchen. It's a hostel that i'll never recomend to someone. You pay a low price but i doesnt worth it.

Almost everything was excellent, except the last night, when I came back at the hotel in the morning (cause I was on a late party), someone was sleeping in my bed! Fortunately I had to go to catch my bus and it wasn't such a problem, but it's not right!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Bulgaria

Great hostel. Location is right next to a square, metro station, small supermarket, bakery and gyros shop. 24 hour desk and very helpful staff. You have to ask to get a top sheet (free) and they have towels for €1. Small kitchenette area downstairs to make sandwiches but no cooking facilities.

The staff behind the desk were so friendly and always made sure everything was going ok for me. I never hesitated to ask for help. The hostel was so clean and for the price I paid the rooms were fantastic value do money- I couldn't believe it! I would definitely stay again. The location isn't too far from the main tourist areas and is really close to the metro.

Nice hostel in center of Athens...Staff are and the room are clean. I strongly recommend it...

Very friendly and helpful staff!

I had a double private with ensuite, room was dark and smelt like cigarettes The bathroom was dirty, dust built up in all corners and the shower head was falling apart The description says fully renovated interior??? Not true The whole place has a strange vibe, did not feel safe as a solo female traveller, the door lock to the room looked like it had been damaged several times The bed had clean sheets and the AC works well, so for the price you pay it is okay to sleep there

This is the first ever hostel I have stayed in, so I didn't have anything else to compare it to other then a Canadian hotel. Upon arrival it looked sketchy, but you're in Athens things can be sketchy if you're not careful. The victoria train station is a minute away. The wifi in the room R I was in was barely existent but I'm not traveling to be on the Internet. Overall great experience from the staff to the people I meet. Highly suggest for budget travelers to lay their heads at night.

Great place with great people. Kitchen and all this area could be better organize - more space, more light (there is no nice place to sit togehter and talk).

Again, I was satisfied!

Zorbas was a decent enough hostel to stay in. The staff were lovely and quite entertaining, which is hugely valuable in a hostel. Other than that, it was a just a place to sleep. The bed was clean, relatively comfortable but a bit rickety. The shower worked but was a bit small. The wifi worked great and the ac was perfect for the hot, late summer evening. For the price, it was good enough for me.

The staff was helpful and the room was comfortable. The location wasn't ideal. You have to walk through a sketchy area to get to any of the main destinations. I would stay here again, but not for more than a few nights.

Great hostel with really friendly staff who are keen to make stay good for guests

• 28th Aug 2015

The virtue of this place is the cheap price. Decent WiFi. No real kitchen facilities. Not a lot of comraderie. Two metro stops from the big tourist stuff (or a 20 min walk). Bathrooms are pretty dirty, but not super gross.

• 27th Aug 2015

The staff here are amazing! We arrived at a ridiculous hour in the morning following a late ferry and the staff allowed us a discretionary sleep in until they needed our beds! It's a basic hostel with small rooms but for the price and the location it's perfect for a stop over!

really helpful staff!

Great hostel, very helpfull staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7